Are oil changes the biggest meme in the history of auto maintenance?

Are oil changes the biggest meme in the history of auto maintenance?

Why is everything a "meme" now?

This

Yes, your car can easily run 200k miles on the oil that came in it from the factory. Oil changes are just a way of tricking you into visiting the stealership often so they can jew you out of your money with "repairs" you don't need.

because like oil changes, memes are created ironically and don't contribute to real discussion, they are just a method of sliding real threads, but in this case, just a way of stealing your money by changing a fake liquid every 5k miles.

memes are also a big thing on reddit, like the oil changes that reddit shills for, so you know both are shit

Yeah and checking the tyre pressure is second to that

>Fake liquid

So motor oil doesn't exist?

I feel like this is a hot meme atm 2bqh familichan

Tell you what, why don't you stop changing the oil in your-

Oh wait, you don't have a car. Try /n/, you might fit in there better.

Too many underage kids on Veeky Forums

>so they can jew you out of your money with "repairs" you don't need.
Firmly tell them that you're not gonna pay for anything else than an oil change.

>Is X a meme?

Why is this phrase always used to ask dumbshit embarassing questions? No, changing your oil isn't a meme you idiot.

gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8

Let me tell you why you are wrong

>poorfag couldnt afford synthetic oil

Maybe.

If you never seen gasoline actually go into your car is it actually there?

my car has had around 4 changes instead of 18 it is supposed to have. fuel filter is original.
I race it on ice track and tougay.
It is a bit "moody" but otherwise 0 problems. Should swap spark blugs, clean engine and maybe it'll get lost hp back.

Sure its not critical but if you care about your car do it.
Even reliable cars will randomly at one point become mercedes tier.

also it prevent your engine from heating up quickly thus making it perform worse longer after starting it

i change my oil once a year do you think that i could wait more between changes ?

Oil changes at 3000 miles on late model cars are certainly a meme and a scam. Modern synthetic and synthetic blend oils last much longer than older regular oils. It's not uncommon for for late model cars to go 7500-10000 miles between changes using synthetic oil.

Despite this, jiffy lube and similar quick change places will still insist that you change it every 3000 so you come in more often. Don't fall for it.

>falling for this bait

>haha reddit told me 4chins is all about memes, i should go check it out. tippity tap Veeky Forums.org here we go! look, he posted one about oil changes! haha! memes!

Haynes manual for my car says every 20k is manufacturer schedule, but recommends as early as 10k for a lot of short journeys.

My car should get its oil changed ever 15.000km, but since I go Wangan at least twice a weak an it only has 3L of oil in it, I change it early.

>once a year
That tells us absolutely nothing.
How many miles/km?
Do you go easy? Do you hammer it?

Biggest meme is petrol, like WHO THE HELL NEEDS SOME FAKE LIQUID IN THEIR CAR boy like MY CAR HAS AN ENGINE ALREADY I DONT NEED UR SHIT

No, but timing and fan belt changes are. Yes, they need to be replaced eventually, but most people greatly underestimate how long they can actually last.

you do know that they put (if the engine has not run in yet) special oil in there tho aid the run in, and extensive use of it will wear down the engine more then it's supposed to.

and if you don't want to change your oil, fine. go ahead. you'll probably save up to 100$ a year by doing that. and after 2 years you can buy yourself a brand new engine which can cost 10x that. you sure showed those jews man.

Your bait is bad,
And you should feel bad.

>not driving a tesla

>not changing the oil filter

>lasts millions of years underground
>lasts 3 months or 3000 miles in the crankcase

Idk what jiffy lube you go to but I work at one and if they use synthetic oil we say don't bother till you hit at least 8k between.

Is that an RHD legacy GT.. or is the picture flipped..

Picture's probably flipped, I've never come across a subaru with the oil filler tube, dipstick, and battery on the right-hand side.