Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

Our Lord and Savior Edition

>What's new?
>Highly Likely Stukov is the next hero
imgur.com/a/KWMig
>Valeera and obligatory annual Chinese market pandering (Free Red Cock Mount)
youtu.be/fWY6RbiNgVk
>Latest In Development Video
youtu.be/3oD8DrPANfw
>Year in Review
youtu.be/sYIpkktbm68
>For new players:
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE

>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation or try mode and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked, you'll regret it.

>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20506312/heroes-brawl-of-the-week-jan-27-2017-heroes-of-the-stars-1-26-2017
>Latest patch notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20506310/heroes-of-the-storm-balance-update-january-27-2017-1-27-2017
>Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20483091/weekly-sale-jan-24-31-2017-1-24-2017
>Hero rankings, various statistics, talent calculator:
hotslogs.com/Default
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator
>Current Tier List
robogrub.com/tierlist

>Where do I find you cock riders?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

>Tips and other useful resources:
heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Heroes_of_the_Storm_Wiki
There's also a leddit page but we don't talk about that

Previous: →

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky
reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/sonya#dSy0
imgur.com/a/KWMig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hated how generic the nexus was at first, but the Diablo and Starcraft flavored maps have really helped, I also liked Luxoria.

Actual Previous

My pasta failed me, sorry team

Reminder of reddit karma-whoring sell-out rats: reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky Forums_who_has_accurately_leaked/

reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
>ponyfucker

They are in this thread RIGHT NOW!

I'm not really into furry shit but Lunara is pretty hot.

She really is quite lovely.

>get in a 6 loss streak in QM today
>buy butcher
>win 2 matches right away and have a shit ton of fun
>pick up victuals in both matches since no healers in the matches
>all that sweet sustain

Butcher it's either you stomp the other team because they lack CC or you get stomped. My advice enjoy the fun games and just forget about the bad games.

>new bread before dead
But the game is already dead

In the last match, I got 125 stacks at 7:25. I think it was my quickest, but it's nearly an average time for me to get stacks with Butcher. The good thing is that I'm not using Abattoir since I try to use more other talents at level 1 such as Block or Chop Meat.
But yeah, he's super fun nonetheless. I hope I can see any of his skins on a sale, because I'd buy Iron or Butcherlist in a heartbeat.

That's the truth

>Have Butcher on my team
>Lose

hmmmm....

The piece of shit can't fucking do anything even if they have a single CC ability on the enemy team. He's so useless.

>on my smurf in plat 5
>guldan gets 100-0'd by butcher over 3-4 seconds, doesn't pop his healthstone (it was the start of fight), tassadar doesn't shield him
>he crys about butcher is OP and how I (chen) should have "peeled" for him

I don't think people realize how strongly IQ and critical thinking correlates with rank. Blizzard has essentially created a giant bucket of low IQ, dunning-kruger knuckle-draggers who reinforce each other's idiotic beliefs with no basis in reality.

That is sort of his strength. He'll outright dumpster the majority of Heroes in a 1v1, which includes teamfights if Raynor, Valla, Li-Ming or Jaina if they don't get assists, peels, Butchy isn't focus-fired, etc.

>Li-Ming best player on enemy team
>press E
>2-shot her
>walk away

Every time. I wish I could've seen what she was typing to her teammates.

>also that masters fellow losing 100% of his games down to Bronze

Wonder if he got banned.

>Raynor seriously considering after his waifu became one with the phoenix force

I want Artanis to get nerfed already.

Nerfing Artanis won't change how shit you are at the game.

No, but I'd still prefer to not see that Hero as much. Ideally never, actually. Revert when.

:3!

Nah. In fact they should buff him just to piss you off.

I don't want him nerfed for being OP, I want him nerfed so people stop fighting over him, and I stop seeing him every fucking game because everybody thinks they're the best fucking Artanis in the world. I used to love Artanis, so while I enjoy him being more "viable", not like this. Revert that flip shit.

>Make him complete shit again.

Fuck no. I'd prefer to actually enjoy playing my favorite hero in the game instead of feeling worthless in 95% of the games.

They didn't need to ruin him by turning him into Stitches but with laser swords to make him viable. This dashing flip shit is unnecessary. If I wanted to play Stitches, I'd play fucking Stitches.

Blizzard said they like the role Artanis is playing now. If they nerf him it isn't going to be the swap.

It's been something pretty much everyone has been asking for since his release. The ability to alter his q. I mean hell just play him like you used to, what's the fucking difference.

the difference is that you have to do the autismswap to play him to his full potential

literally what is the point of stitches if artanis can just swap anybody then walk through the entire enemy team to offset the counterplay

>muh skillcap

his winrate at every mmr tho, hero still braindead easy

Stitches hooks from safety, Artanis throws his body into the enemy team. Blizzard reduced his shields to balance it, and people whined because they are retarded so Blizzard increased his shields.

Blizzard really likes the swap. They aren't getting rid of it. Hell they even changed the art on one of the skins so it didn't look confusing to people.

>Hell they even changed the art on one of the skins so it didn't look confusing to people.
?

The Ronin Artanis skin. The Swap used to be a Ninja Star he would throw out. They changed it to the normal Prisim so it would be easier to see.

Jimmy has fucked pretty much every female of the game, and probably some men as well

I wonder which Hero we'll be getting after Stukov, unless it's some OC Infestor.

Shogun, wasn't it? I recall some conflict over the visual of his E.

He fucked over Tychus for sure.

The difference is you MUST play him like Stitches, otherwise that's ignoring what now makes him "viable", you just said being unable to dash swap would make him shit again, so there you go, answered your own question. And again, I used to love Artanis, but he is now just Stitches, and I don't like Stitches. I especially don't like how retarded everyone has gotten over him, everybody thinks they're the best Artanis in the world and acts like a cocky shit when they land a single stupid ass easy dashflip. Get fucking real, people.

KEK

That's pretty sad.

Hope it was..... worth it, Jimmy.....

New Artanis is generally better than the old one. If you want a sustain bruiser, play Sonya's WW build. heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/sonya#dSy0

The dash swap gives him options. That's why it's good. It's not just because of swapping people into your team. It gives him a way to stop his fucking q which by itself is fucking amazing. It also punishes people solo laning by giving you more options to swap them into your turrets by using it backwards and throwing out your swap.

If your just using it for the god swap bullshit you aren't taking proper advantage of it.

Speaking of, my warrior repertoire consists of the 3 main tanks, diablo and chen.
Should I get the girl (male) of swords, the girl (male) of big gun or the superior life form?

Artanis, Varian, Zarya, Sonya are all good. Anub is good in certain situations. Pick who you want to play the most.

dumb request, but does anyone know how to pull the upper torso off of Insectoid Zag? I wanna use the scorpion part for zerg mods

Hasn't she suffered enough?

...wat

Is this the start of a new fetish for someone?

no I'm fishing for parts and assets for SC2 mods

>imgur.com/a/KWMig
what is this "stukov confirmed" infested terran picture from?

There was a twitter pic with a ton of stuff saying, where is Valeera

It went up on the Official Hots Twitter page a few days ago, I think. Bit of a "Where's Waldo" style thing.

we need a pirate hero
my suggestion is a pirate fem goblin oc from booty bay so we can have another shortstack
or they can put in daelin proudmoore even if he's not a pirate

THREE IN A ROW

What is the best build for Jaina?

Depends on your team comp and their team comp

I love Anub'arak. I'm happy he's doing better. Wish they'd touch up on his talents though, the majority of them are pretty bland and boring.

How do I build the blade-tasting green man of honour?

You guys seem to also be pretty split on Illusion Master vs Valla-clone so I don't know which ult is better for which situation.

It wasn't a shuriken, it was a shitty looking Kabuki mask that looked nothing like the original prism, so the decision was valid.

Sad thing is, that the mask was the little detail that pushed my undecided ass to not buy the skin when it was on sale, but now that they removed it I might actually want the skin, but not for full price.

If anyone fucking posts fucking Waternoose for Azmodan again I'll fucking shoot you all.

>Finally start playing competitive
>I have 120 games with zeratul
>people give me shit for playing zeratul

Why are people so against this truly amazingly designed character?
I mean the invisibility is just a fun bonus, I only use it when people are in combat and they might not notice and only to position myself for ulting.

Is there a particular reason people think he is shit?

People in general lack in many areas of knowledge about the game.

Curious, what's your talent build(s)? If you're picking stupid shit, then yeah abuse is warranted.

Usually Zeratul pickers are shitters.

What's more important is whether you actually won your games though and didn't bring down your team.

Do you stay in lane or roam until you're maxed out?

Or did the enemy team do a lot of feeding?

Leveling new accounts is a curse.

They give Zeratul shit in general because there are a very low amount of players that actually perform well with him, i.e. can play him well. Most people can't into positioning or waveclearing when needed or what have you, just roam and try to have "fun" in their own way á la Quick Match.

vropal strike, combo slash, slip into shadow, void prison, mending strikes, sentenced to death, rewind.

i guess i am a little bit of a shitter, but i have a 54% winrate on zeratul. I usually pull my own weight. I do have to admit have always the lowest siege damage on my team though.

No patch this week ? Not even a video about what's coming in the next month ?
Is February going to be empty ?

>sentenced to death

Why

keep quiet bronze, his build is just right

Friday or later today for tease probably

Not that user, but Master Warp-Blade is better. Also you generally want Wormhole.

have you guys actually played zeratul or are you just reading the % win stats somewhere?

So is Azmodunk able to contribute in teamfights at all aside from lobbing balls on cooldown? Feels like I never see any Azmodans do anything other than that.

I haven't looked at Zera's hotdogs, actually. But for the combo (only non-niche build he has) are talents. You use one ability, AA, repeat. 3x AA/ability combo.

bodyblock your retreating team

by pushing down forts and giving your team a level lead

sorry man meant him not you

zeratul is about opportunistic burst, and his ult. Those are his functions, there is no point getting a sustain oriented ability (like master-warp blade) as that only starts paying off after 3 basics, and so only gives you real benefit after the 3rd attack and only for basics. sentenced to death gives you 50% for 1.5 seconds, which if you time correctly is 1 cleave 1 sentence to death proc and two comboslashed autoattacks. The best part is, it also has synergy with rewind totalling about 5.7k damage in 3 seconds if timed well.

Your aim in total is to take people out of the fihgt. Either delete them or ulti them.

>Master Warp-Blade is better
that talent is absolutely useless if you can delete someone before it even has a chance to proc, which is the case if you take sfd
provide an argument

Can Tyrande solo support?

You shut your whore mouth, Tyrande is a happily married woman who will never cheat on her husband.
>we need a pirate hero
Just Imagine that Greymane is a pirate, who can turn into a werewolf.

If your team focuses on getting picks instead of prolonged team fights, then yes.
If your team just pokes tanks and doesn't dive, then no.

So if you have an aggressive team then yes
If you have a cowardly team then no

It also depends on comp.
QP with her is very hit and miss.

Even if there's two supports, never take starfall.

Daily reminder that "Heroes of the Storm" is the BEST moba out there, most of these heroes are extremely fun to play and really unique in their own way.

Master Warp-Blade... and Wormhole. Ahahahaha... Good luck getting in that proc before your wormhole vanishes

This game needs more interactive play.
I want abilities that effect my teammates more.
I want auras.
We already have plenty of teleports, can put those a bit back for now.

I WANT TEAMWIDE IMPOSING PRESENCE
I WANT BURST DAMAGE WITH CC AND AOE PACKAGE
I WANT BOUNCY ICE BALLS OF GIANT DAMAGE
I WANT laning mechanics

I literally never see this guy. Ever. Why?

So which characters hooked up in the Nexus?

He's all the best parts about tracer and li-ming wrapped into one little more-difficult-to-use-than-90%-of-the-cast package.
He's a melee range mage.

Both. In the Warhead map, I was mostly in lane because of how large the map is. I took Victuals since I lacked a healer and for laning, and I was laning with Li-Ming vs. a roaming ETC and Valla. I shat on Valla every single time I could.

As soon as I started to gank with around +70 stacks, I jumped from around 80 to 125 in almost an instant.

He's pretty good in unorganized matches and if you know the hero well, you just stomp matches. I love playing Butcher in Infernal Shrine for the guaranteed follow up thanks to the Punisher.
There's some Butcher main that's in GM or something, which is fairly impressive.

Why the fuck does his Bribe increase dmg of his W?
I mean, in theory it's good idea for him to have bribe, since with global Z he can instantly buy mercs at the start of the objective and join the team on opposite side of map. But you'd think that if they want it stronger, it'd do something for his mobility, like reduce Z's cooldown or increase bonus MS fro trait, not increase W's dmg.

Because you're bronze.

he's in every single game on big maps at high rating

The only thing I want is a surrender option

I don't want a surrender option, the game is better like this, but in such mega stomps like 3 - 25 in terms of kills and 4 levels ahead, yeah, a surrender option would be ideal in this situation.

>behind 6 levels
>get 2 picks
>take objective and 2 keeps

This game doesn't have a surrender option for a good reason.

No matter how many times it's brought up the only people who are going to agree with you are silver surfers who think they don't belong in silver.

So when is Shitheart's Bay getting the Haunted Mines treatment?

>mfw I play 3 games and the maps are blackheart's bay, garden of terror and haunted mines

>garden terror

>mage
when will this meme end
even with boomerang and without a single aa talent you still double your damage by aaing constantly

does anyone non-ironically believe all 3 of these maps should be removed the game? like not just reworked like haunted mines, but they need to just remove those 3 maps and then use the assets to make something entirely new.

They should be removed. Why do you think that they're not in competitive? These three are cancer to play.

Well first time playing him and this is how I built him. Was I even close?

Sometimes you just want the pain and humiliation to end