/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Nanban Samurai Edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/WaB1BTBJ

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New user created stuff:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>(Fixed) Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!mQQmBQ5a!tomenTON1qzCZ-kiVG9vlHz7LqoY1Hmwi-kQrq43Hhw
mega.nz/#!EgI1UCAT!WjL7bVtJPoNcaNJ7kuUEUGFWoBqM2Aq6K-VN51Swmck (options)

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/any_war_in_history
samurai-archives.com/nobunaga.html#5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Prima Nocta is the birthright of every Noble.

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

but i want to use an ebin 2 hander :/

It's out already? I been waiting for that one, loved the first game

sorry mate, sometimes you have to become a rhodcuck to survive and thrive

>You will never have a pure steppe waifu

Why even live?

QUALITY
>tfw have to stop playing my hobo in case the fix breaks my save

It's available for pre-purchase. It isn't officially released until March. It has preorder DLC that lets you have the gear from the first game, though with bonuses (clothes let your clones last longer, your knife instantly dissolves your enemies).

>Dickplomacy doesn't let you demand your God-given rights from villagers and townswomen in your fiefs

It's a damn shame that the creator went loopy.

Kill yourselves desu

brainy bots link from TaleLords is "off limits" for me. and the link in the pastebin doesn't work. send help, please!

Ew. Do you know if you can disable the bonuses but still wear the gear?

Don't know. Probably not. I mean, I'm okay with the clothes thing so long as it isn't too much of a bonus, but the dagger is just terrible. Fucking easy mode right there.

now I am the bannerlord

>tfw you work your way up in society as an honorable warrior, only to be granted a lordship and become a sex-crazed, depraved lunatic who screams "MY BIRTHRIGHT" at passing peasant girls, cock flapping as you chase them through the heat of the sarranid desert

Guess I have some research to do. Wish it was BANNERLORD's imminent release I was hyping myself up for right now

A true Roman..

look in the other pastebin

Same here, pal. I mean, I love Styx. I love goblins. But I've been waiting for Bannerlord for like 4 years now.

Also, I seriously hope you don't play on anything besides Goblin difficulty with stealth and objective indicators turned off.

Why would anyone?

>Implying I didn't start out as a sex-crazed, depraved lunatic.

Those peasants won't fuck themselves, user.

Because some people actually like the parry mini-game.

>add waifu to mod
>make her a claimant

Why would anybody do this? Claimants are the worst marriage candidates in the entire game, which is really fucking sad considering helping someone take a throne and winning their love when there are normally no eligible monarchs whatsoever should be a great gameplay and roleplay experience.

can i remove sarranid horses from dickplomacy with morgh's?

I can't speak for other modders but I changed Historically Accurateâ„¢ Uesugi Kenshin from daimyo to a claimant because people wanted to marry her.

Why'd you want the rough sandpaper peasant pussy when you can claim a smooth and silky noble pussy

*shoots you*

I claim both kinds. Nothing escapes me.

Not even the men.

>he doesn't take both

Memes aside, when's Bannerlord?

I know the eternal ginger visit these threads, has he said anything of substance about a release date?

When it's ready :)

seeI think there will probably be a EA release Q4 this year.

He hasn't even said anything substantial about when we're getting our next piece of Bannerlord news.

We just know they're not gonna be on PC gamer this month so we don't have an excuse to shit up their stream chat again.

user....

>tfw had a nightmare where Bannerlord released and everyone had multiplayer profiles with gear and experience that carried between games and you could even get extra exp if people downloaded your mods via the workshop

what mod?

>play 1257
>allied armies are always retarded on the battlefield
>they always get shat on by the enemy to the point where letting autocalc sort it out is better than going into the battle and helping them

I guess marrying a claimant is better than no marriage whatsoever, but marrying claimants is really, really awful.

>tfw had a dream where there was a black civilization on Bannerlord that had no access to water and used sand to clean themselves
The lack of Bannerlord is driving me insane i guess

Nothing I can do about that unfortunately. I was advised by DickplomacyAnon to not bother learning the module system. I guess he already knew what was happening to him.

Did he add a option to turn your wife into a companion/lord in Dickplomacy? or to marry a companion? Either of those would be better I think.

Prima Nocta was never real.

that won't stop me

>not wanting mass savage factions to mow down
too bad natives in caribbean don't have towns

I have almost 100 relation with my liege. I have a small castle, no villages, and am married.

How do I go about becoming Marshal and/or acquiring new fiefs?

>he doesn't enact it as soon as he becomes king
what a fag

Suck the dick of every other lord.

>finally complete Kenshin's take over of the Uesugi and ask her to marry me
>I'm sorry I don't like you enough
>I'm sorry you don't hold enough land
>I'm sorry your RtR is too low
>I'm sorry you haven't been marshal for long enough
fukin bitch.

Kenshin being assassinated has less evidence than the Kenshin being female theory.

Claiming that Kenshin's victory against Nobunaga does not matter due to not directly engaging with Nobunaga mano-to-mano is very silly. Especially when Nobunaga giving Shibata orders.

The civil war that occurred shortly after Kenshin's death is irrelevant to the fact that Kenshin had a decisive victory against Nobunaga or that Nobunaga himself thought very highly of Kenshin.

Rebel and establish your own kingdom.

Maybe if you were a horse she would sleep with you.

Was there any evidence Kenshin was actually Mongolian?

>no villages
This is good
Go take a town

You know in your heart of hearts, that 2 is never coming out.

Companions don't even have relationship status to my knowledge, so I have no idea how that would work out.

The most effective and probably simple method would be to make claimants/claimant-monarchs become regular lords once they lose their domain (or abandon their quest, but that would be too easy). Apparently there are already mods that have recruitable monarchs, so there is some precedent. That way you could just give your claimant a throne, rebel and conquer them (this part should be easy), then make them the queen of your personal kingdom.

Various things - Things like Kenshin's monthly stomach cramps, that a Portuguese trader referred to Kenshin as Kagekatsu's aunt, that Kenshin never had any children or known lovers, and that some accounts state Kenshin died of uterine bleeding.

The Kenshin being female theory is centuries old. Its very common to portray Kenshin as either female (Sengoku Rance, Koei's what-if) or androgynous (Sengoku Basara, Gackt's portrayal of Kenshin) because of this.

>that a Portuguese trader referred to Kenshin as Kagekatsu's aunt
Well to be honest it is hard to tell one slanteye from another.

Not him but it's unlikely that a trader would get the gender of a ruler wrong, especially mistaking a male for a female when female rulers were definitely the exception and not the rule.

>decisive
If it was so decisive why did Nobunaga win the war?

Maybe because Kenshin died

>If it was so decisive why did Nobunaga win the war?
Not that user but maybe you should learn about a war or two to help you understand.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/any_war_in_history

I thought there was literally a page named that for a second

But Nobunaga didn't win the war. Tokugawa won by waiting for all of his powerful "allies" to die off first, and then he swooped in to claim it all for himself.

Patience can be your most powerful weapon.

Causing his country to fall apart due to shit foresight.

>norwegian fucking SHITS bring their whole army to defend the isle of man
>get fucking sodomized at sea and in the coast
>7 prisoner lords so far
BRITANNIA RULE THE WAVES

delete this

I like a man that takes what he wants, when he wants it.

I want to fuck Oda Nobunaga.

Yeah, and he sure showed them who the fucking fool is when he conquered basically half of Japan.

They stopped calling him a fool sometime around Okehazama or Inabayama at latest.

Still learned their fucking lesson.

Why was he called a fool anyway? Was it just because he was so progressive and didn't really care about tradition?

The way he dressed, the way he acted, his immaturity, his disrespect towards elders. He basically did everything that the son of a Japanese daimyo shouldn't do. Because of this, everyone was betting on him failing. Hell, his mentor committed seppuku because of how ashamed he was of Nobunaga, and that might have gave Nobunaga the push needed to make him become the person we know today.

I'm starting to feel bad for taking the Shogun victory condition instead of the Total Domination victory.

You should. Nobunaga never wanted to be Shogun. He was offered the title several times, but he refused to take it.

Maybe he planned on offing the Emperor and replacing him? Who knows.

Three Kingdoms is much more interesting than Sengoku jidai

you know it's true.

>He was offered the title several times, but he refused to take it
citation needed

I only did one playthrough of NA:SOI so I probably wouldn't want to do Oda again for my second though it is fun following history and then changing it at the last minute and not getting betrayed. Maybe Uesugi, Takeda, or a custom clan for my next game.

I've never actually played a Dynasty Warriors game besides Empires so I know nothing about the story. Maybe I should play DW8:XLCE or ROTK13 if it ever goes on sale.

what mod?

see

But hundred years war is the master of them all

It's not just about the games desu, it's more about that the Three Kingdoms period was a massive conflict while the Sengoku period was petty clans squabbling over who had the most rice.

I know I had several sources before about Oda and the Shogun, but the only one I can find now that mentioned him being offered the title of Shogun is this old fucking site:

samurai-archives.com/nobunaga.html#5

And the site says that he was only offered it once, so... guess I'm either a liar or an exaggerator.

>was petty clans squabbling over who had the most rice
So it was just like every other conflict in Asia?

Is there an order I should play the story modes in DW?

Play 4 first
It's best game in the series

No I mean should I play the stories in order like Wu > Cao-Cao > Pin-Ping > Wei or does it really not matter?

3 is superior. Higher troop density, more open stages, and the normal troops are actually a threat.

Yeah 3 is better but archers will kill the game for people new to series
Also units in 4 can still kill you sometimes

>not thirty years' war

I mean the thirty years' war must've been like the apocalypse for the people experiencing it.

>be a villager in some german bumfuck nowhere
>get your house burned and wife raped by germans
>get your house burned and wife raped by swedes
Thats how it went

you forgot the part where you starve to death or die to the plague.

Only if you but germ anic warfare DLC

>but
buy*

But we are not playing Total War: Attila, user.

Only if you butt* germ anic warfare DLC

Have you heard about our latest Polish race pack DLC? It contains new unique "vodka path" camping mechanic, which let you pass unpassable terrain

No but I want the new GREED DLC where you can pay money to simply sate SEGA's need for more and more money.

What is the purpose of that shitty french faction (the one that owns Dorestad) in VC? Their troops seem garbage