/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread "well, that was a game" edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 01/28/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2017 on PSVita and PS4.
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dVp0Kf1H
playstationlifestyle.net/2017/02/01/japanese-sales-chart-resident-evil-7-debuts-1-ps4-sales-rise/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Friendly reminder that Kodaka should execute himself.

I want to brutally strangle and rape Saihara until he likes it.

penis

Reminder that Hinata is a dumb normie

Why didn't you just let it end user

DUDE

LIES

LMAO

Amami did nothing wrong

But didn't we already know that? He was one of those Reserve weirdos, after all.

HIKUSHON LOL

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED BY OUR DESPAIR

All you had to do was turn off the game.

Fiction isn't a lie because it's true in your heart.

Dindu nuffin

Reminder to Kirigiri fags that she's a shit

> Implying you don't already know fans of DR love black comedy

How the fuck does this drink work? Is it lucc?

Nevermind that, WTF are those!?!?

Fuck off Saihara, you're a fiction normie, why should even read your lines?

>tfw ywn exchange tulpa experiences with tulpaman over the internet of course

s u c c tion

I want to sit on his face so he accepts that's where he belongs.

Having it translated, I could see why nips were so pissed. I thought the LMAO FICTION thing was a sort of tongue in cheek thing instead of a legitimate scathing lecture that lasted for the last 3 hours of the trial. It seriously felt like a lecture for playing the damn thing.

If this was supposed to be light joshing at the series and its fans that wasn't supposed to be serious, it went too far. Shame they had the best cast and voice actors for a game that fundamentally hates itself.

At least VR isn't a HIKSHON.

Uwabaki.

>Amami exact same as Naegi and Komaeda

Huh.

Suddenly the despair in this sprite makes a lot of sense, especially because it apparently shows up when Hoshi talks about committing suicide.

He got caught in a sticky situation.

He wouldn't remember his previous killing game though right?

Hajime a shit! Stop posting anytime Chiaki!

I hate the ending, but i'm still going to watch lets play channels reacting to it, kill me please

Especially since we know Survivor is a title given to sacrificed person, not a talent, we may say for sure he's SHSL LUCC.

Yeah, and it's hypocritical as fuck because there's still ongoing spin-offs and it's practically guaranteed that Amami will have his own at minimum without going into how Ouma himself is also calling out the audience before dying horribly.

There's making fun of your own series (See: Gintama) and then there's something that comes off like so much of an insult it's hard to accept that it's just a joke.

Amami's FTEs pastebin.com/dVp0Kf1H

>we killed him and will never see his smile again
Just

>the normal looking guy is the SHSL Luck

Nice to see Kodaka hasn't lost his creativity.

>He says that he doesn't have time to be stuck in here like this and that he can't figure this place out no matter how much he looks. He comments that this place seems like a world of games. He starts talking about a difficult game that he refuses to give up on and throw out. He says that once he gets out that he will try it again.
W-wew

Anyone like the ending?

No

>there's something that comes off like so much of an insult it's hard to accept that it's just a joke.

Yep. The constant PEOPLE DON'T WANT DANGAN RONPA TO END, IT'S THEIR FAULT THAT THIS DESPAIR IS HAPPENING, REEEE would have been funny had it been an incidental joke or small detail that had not been smashed in your face repeatedly for literal hours.

Hell, the reality show twist would have been fine or interesting had they not tried to make it a morality lesson about the player and instead actually tried to do some world building (that doesn't break the fourth wall by its very nature).

Kodaka seriously fucked himself over if he ever wants to do more with this universe without retconning the shit out of it to have it make coherent sense as a functional fictional world and not this half fictional, half fourth wall breaking thing. Maybe that was the point, but man, it's annoying.

>Amami then talks about his other sisters- he has twelve and the youngest is the one from that story he told but that all of them are missing. He says that most of them are sister-in-laws but that he considers all of them his real sisters.

Interesting so they're really just his step sisters and he never said he was older than all of them. Just older than the sister he's looking for.

M-Maybe he was talking about a different game...like mahjong...

Good to see she's using proper trigger discipline

>52 cast fucked up in finding the mastermind so Amami decided to go one more time
Absolutely madman.

So how do you feel now that you understood more of the game?

But that's just him rehashing the same thing from previous games.

h-hinata kun ... that's lewd

Well his name is "Rantarou" and "Tarou" is a suffix normally given to the oldest son, so we can at least assume he is.

Tsumugi is best girl.

Doesn't the mastermind change for each game?

Then again it would be the killing game where Amami dies that the killing game and Danganronpa ends. Truly LUCC is the most powerful thing in the universe.

Does anyone else like their normie selves more?

I like it.

Except for the THERE HAVE BEEN FIFTY THREE JUNKOS WHAT THE FUCK

Having it be translated did make me like Tsumugi more.
The final trial really dragged on, though.

It's me.

I Love You, Japanese Prime Minister

Also, wasn't there a simple solution to the problem in universe? They could have had the reality show to be inside a VR. They could make memory manipulating lights and nanoscopic flying cameras, VRs shouldn't be too much of a stretch right?

VR should be faithful to SDR2 so why would Shirogane have anything against it? Basically, the world could have had the fun they want without anyone dying.

Oldest son could mean older than his brothers. Doesn't mean oldest child. He could still be the oldest boy from his big family.

>posting Junko with Mukuro's tits
Both characters are great, just settle on one.

Kiibo is still my best boy.

Like I kind of don't care, but I still want to see more about everyone's (fake) backstory and character. Tsumugi's still a pretty lackluster mastermind though, even with her entertaining cosplay switching.

Come to think of it, a lot of the problems with the ending could have been fixed if the focus was put on Tsumugi as a crazed dangan ronpa fan causing this killing game to happen out of pure fanatic love for the series instead of making it a direct morality lecture to the player/audience. It would've achieved the same "calling out" (crazed fanaticism for despair is causing these games) but in a much funnier and less aggravating way.

It's always the game against the Mastermind, it doesn't matter who that mastermind is.

Seriously, I'm someone who's almost impossible to offend and who loves meta series like Gintama, and even I got offended over how the most interesting character in the game got screwed over for this message before another chapter with hours more of the same damn thing while throwing out all of the world-building and with bonus sequel baiting from the moment Amami died.

That this is pretty much the best cast and it's starting to look as if only the bland ones survived because of yet another fuck you to the audience has made this beyond irksome to me.

My opinion is the same as always V3 is shit

I love them both since they're both a part of the character. Like the SDR2 cast before they got retconned to hell, except this time they're (probably) more fucked up before they got mindhacked. They should've shown more of their pre-brainwashed selves, though.
I want to draw some normie Saihara now.

Nips have been delivering so much Miu lately, and the train is only going to continue. I'm not getting off it anytime soon.

Fanart has been increasing a lot as the salt lies down

>Raising your future husband

Fake spoilers and /drg/ theories were more fun than Kodaka shitting on us.

> no dick
> boy

I'm sorry, would you rather me go /tumblr/?

>robots
>having biological sex

I have it tied with SDR2, although I prefer SDR2 more character wise.

not my art but sure

>Amami jokingly calls himself a the SHSL Siscon

Truly fascinating taste.

Ok guys, let's say that after the BLUNDER OF THE YEAR, Kodaka has called it quits on the DR franchise as a whole, assuming that SpikeChunsoft hasn't fired him first.

Now obviously there has to be a new head writer for the many sequels that are to be made after Kodaka's "departure". SpikeChunsoft is willing to work with anyone as long as they're good.

If this occurred, who would you like to see making the next all new DR4XD game? What would it be like under their control? How would V3 be treated?

He needs more art, but drawing him is a pain.

SDR2 was full of beautiful angels, I miss them so much.

This. DR2 bastards became a family to me in the end.

I want to get locked in an airtight school and fix her with hope. She would try anything and everything to make me feel despair, but I would just laugh it off, because as long as I'm helping her, no despair is strong enough to enter my heart. I'd show her that no matter what she has done, I'd always forgive her. I'd make her food and clean her secret lair, and drag her out to bed if she stays up late. When the nights get so cold that we have no choice but to cuddle together at night for warmth, I'd feel her breath going from shallow to deep as her form relaxes and she falls asleep in my arms. I'd feel her cling to me in the night when she wakes up from a despair nightmare and feel her sob into my chest, first seeds of hope sprouting in her traumatized mind. I'd softly kiss her hair and tell her everything will be okay. I'd take care of her when she gets sick, read all the books from the library and hold her hand so that she can fall asleep. I'd make shitty homemade pizza for her and stay up late with her watching dumb movies, and feel her cuddle up to me when she can't stay awake anymore. I'd teach her retarded drinking games and show her how to play pool in the rec room.

One night, she silently sneaks over to the kitchen. A shining sliver of a blade extends from her clenched fist when she walks into my room. But her hand stops, centimeters away from my chest, and begins to shake violently. Something is wrong. One by one, her trembling fingers let go of the hilt, and with a soft thud, the knife falls onto the carpet. She throws herself on me and buries her face right where the knife should have gone, Clutching at the fabric of my clothes. Her whole body shakes feverishly and I scoop her body into my arms and tell her that everything will be okay, just like usual. Her silent sobbing turns to wailing that echoes out into the dimly lit corridors beyond the door.

She would finally be cured of despair. Because the only thing she can't analyze is love

Salty.

Tried drawing him tonight, can confirm. What the fuck am I looking at?

kek at the doublesalt and newcomers.

That spoiler broke my computer.

Well yeah of course but just like Tsumugi was Junko 53 someone else was Junko 52.

Is there something like a transcript of juice's videos or do I have to sit through them?

no. madman ruse pulling shitbitch ouma is far more entertaining and interesting than dindu shy moeboy ouma.

HIKSHON! IT'S ALL HIKSHON!

Third week sales (14,076)
Total sales: 154,146
playstationlifestyle.net/2017/02/01/japanese-sales-chart-resident-evil-7-debuts-1-ps4-sales-rise/

You still have to prove it's a fucking Junko. Probably 52-cast fucked up with the final trial some way or another.

It's sexist just having Junko be the mastermind each time though. There needs to be some male Ultimate Despair representation.

>inb4 his missing step sister he was close to was Tsumugi

I want to know more about both Oumas. I'm hoping he gets a manga/light novel spin off or both.

Please don't let Kodaka write it though.

Ibuki a cute

Why did Junko even have a despair fetish anyway?

Was that ever actually explained? Did we ever even get her backstory?