/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Not A Sim edition
Previous thread: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

=====

>TeamSpeak
ts3.nogf.moe

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Website
nogf.moe/simg/

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Air, Land and Sea pastebin
pastebin.com/aN1f84Db

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Link to this OP text
docs.google.com/document/d/1eaAdM0Hyu3WwDTyilKPxsbQYK9L2NVPoDIZ5vYD6TLw/edit?usp=sharing

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT Rally, Ship Simulator.

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

Other urls found in this thread:

il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/squad/join/88/2zrX7qk145wpp2FV4xx4E1z2OA3idk5pa9llTi7Q/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for WW2

>IL-2 Squad Join link:
il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/squad/join/88/2zrX7qk145wpp2FV4xx4E1z2OA3idk5pa9llTi7Q/

Pence is gunna fence you your furry degenerate

Third for MSFS
Just kidding, nobody plays MSFS.

But if we're just going to make a new thread at image limit, why castigate the imaginary people who do for image-spam?

THIS IS A BMS ONLY DISCUSSION SINCE ITS THE ONLY SIM

Fact: BMP posters are the most powerful anons in the thread

BMS is just F-16 Ace Combat. There is only ONE true sim.

tony was right

first for mig-25 fast facts

it was pretty lit mirage

i saw that canopy open almost take off otherwise good job bodying that mirage and pinpointing those sa-15s

What games let me simulate carrying Britain's last Prime Minister?

when?

enough of this disgusting foreign shit.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

KYS RAPTOR XDD

>raptor
>good

it gets blown out of the sky by an export version of the Rafale lol xD

This is the ideal air superiority fighter. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

The anime skin provides +1G at all speeds.

On the airfield they have to tie it down to stop it doing loops at 0 IAS

>commie faggots in TS crying about trump
>raptor shitting up the thread
Where do I go.
I just wanna dream about the 4th Reich and post frog pictures on the internet.

This is either going to be the comfiest mission ever, or the shortest.

I sure showed that F-14 who was boss.
DON'T FUCK WITH US.

what game?

Fleet Command. Think CMANO but from the 90s and with 3D views to make it more fun to watch.

delet this

It's on the website too

oh god

>I have to fly through a mountain range and kill a missile cruiser
I'll just post a webm of CFIT in a few

>HURRDURR CIV FLYING IS SHIIIIIIIT
>implying you niggers wouldn't sell your testies for a chance to fly commercial jetliners

ded

I have some bmps coming up

Intelligence detects a strong enemy force approaching us along our axis of advance, so this will be a head on fight

Battalion commander decides not to try any flanking maneuvers, so instead all three tank companies (T-72B1) form into a line and are ordered to occupy the two towns on the hill

We're ordered to a village in the valley on their right flank. Enemy strength is estimated to be two companies of unknown composition, and considering one NATO company is more than a match for a soviet battalion (Assuming an intelligent enemy commander), caution must be exercised

maybe, but given a choice of going from point A to B or blowing up a fuck ton of shit

it's not surprising REAL SIM BMS wins out

Considering the terrain and enemy superior optics, recce dismounts troops and has them lead instead to scout out the area on foot. It appears the enemy has neglected a perimeter defense and may be opting for a reverse slope instead

We know they're here too, because an enemy mech platoon was destroyed by the tank company we're in support of

>BMS
>Literal on rails flight model, shit graphics, only ONE plane
No, thanks

we dont play FAKE SIM DCS/BOS here

Tanks did a good job suppressing the enemy mech, because they were not able to get a substantial force into the town

The lone scout does find one Bradley, and it's surprised by three of our BMPs without even returning fire
First platoon charges forward against my wishes however and is ambushed by dug-in infantry, not before knocking out the rest of the enemy Bradleys however

I haven't found out the hotkey to direct the gunner without the TKN-3, so I assume direct control of the gunner seat instead

>/simg/
>playing
>bms

Our infantry clear out anyone in the open, and just before I advance onto the hill I catch the moment that 1st platoon's last BMP eats a LAW

So I sic the dogs on him

A short firefight ensues in which 3 of my dismounts are killed, but are promptly eliminated by 30mm fire

Things get quiet after that, and the tank companies advance, leaving some ded Abrams in their wake

With the objectives secured and the enemy mostly eliminated, we take time to resupply and consolidate our positions
The rest of the game was spent pulling drunk slavs out of the lake

>onrails
loool

Stupidity of the AI in SB is otherwise annoying

Vehicles love driving into rivers 24/7 regardless of whether they're amphibious or not and constantly get stuck

Last time I played this scenario everyone died, and in a critical moment where I could have saved myself, I ended up dying like a bitch against a solo bradley because I didn't notice the AI commander set my rounds to HE instead of the AP-T I needed

Or the commander thinking a running infantryman in the distance is more important than a tank in your face

Or... whatever.

F-16 only turns at best 22 deg/s.

Yet apparently it can "turn inside it's own asshole".

Does anyone else only sim to make webms nowadays?

ure a faggot

>when you believe the strongest survive but you lost the only war you ever fought

Anyway to rip the Cl Cd data from DCS files?

No, unless you can dive into the FM tables.

I doubt they'll even be tin the files, DCS doesn't use real time fluid dynamics calculations so there's no reason for them to be there.

Yes there is a reason why they're there. It's precalculated and interpolated inbetween.

Where are these FM Tables?

>Where are these FM Tables?
Hell if I know, hidden away in an encrypted file.

Hey guys~~~

What is this gaym?
>Pulled the picture from the last thread.

>cant even model dynamic stalls or spins
>'sim'

Steel Armo(u)r: Blaze of War

Actually, it's Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star. Which you shouldn't bother with if you can get Mius Front instead.

Thanks user

Could be either Graviteam Tactics or Steel Armour blaze of war.

Thanks for clearing that. I was actually disappointet when I saw that it was "only" a tank sim. Graviteam tactics looks good. What is the difference between Mius Front and Operation Star?
I can get both...
>since I'm a dirty pirate

The deployment screen is identical in both and both cover the Angolan/SA conflic IIRC I'm sorry ;_;

Mius Front has better UI and controls and is generally just an improved version of Star.

Though I guess scenarios are different between the two, if you want 60s/70s/80s stuff I think you actually have to go with Star because there's only WW2 scenarios for Mius Front at this point.

Pretty sure UI in Steel Armor is different, unit selector is at the top right, bar in the top left is vertical and has a minimap next to it, bottom UI is also arranged a little differently I think. But who cares, you were close enough.

Graviteam is just an rts remember, Mius Front is the new game, Operation Star is the older, slightly more clunky one.

But Op Star has a lot of cool scenario DLC that adds new Theatres like South African border wars and a fiction USSR vs Iran scenario.

Thanks for the info.

It's a neat game unless the UI turns you off, it doesn't bother me but some people hate it.

It has a larger scale turn based view that looks like this:

And the real time battles look like this:

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix DCS being fucked in the multiplayer department (moreso than usual) in the current open beta build.

Literally cannot connect to a server

install __BMS____

I already have it

host ops

What is /simg/s opinion on weaponized cat girls?

Depends from how long it takes for them from birth until soldering age.

I mean in US you can go in at 18 right?

What game is this senpai, looks like steel beasts but with a decent UI

catgirls are worse than furries

and not 12 hours ago was i discussing the methods i would use to efficiently gas furries.

>catgirls are worse than furries
TAKE THAT BACK!

take your life.

I can't

Should i bump with content or you guys more interested in catgirl discussion?

At least furries accept what they are instead of pretending it's something different like catgirls

catgirls

cat girls

Nah, bost blanes

Fucking weebs are actually nü-lefties (for their interracial faggotry) and should be gased as well as alt-rights

i would take a string of FSX screenshots in low light conditions over catgirlposting desu. (so post plens)

if people were going to shitpost you'd at least think they'd make it fun.

neck youre selves

1989 campaign in BMS sounds appealing to me but I'm shit

>20 year old game
>has better explosions than DCS
dcsfags on suicide watch

*40 year old game

*60 year old game

you forget that the dcs engine is like 15-20 years old too

btw this image is direct from bms files lol

LOL dood

fly

fly blueflag???????

/daboiz/ when???

>replying to a namefag
you are what whats wrong with this general

>not giving namefags a chance to prove themselves
>anime

We /pojkarna/ now my dude

Oh shit it's weed man.

This nigga was lit

>autism folder update
P-826 BASIC FIGHTER MANEUVERING (BFM) has been added.

fug

Is much ignorance on one picture