/ng/ - Nioh General

Ginchiyo Is My Wife Edition

>Countdown:
4d 14h 41m

>New Information:
You can gain glory from killing revenants, these glory points are used for unique items/disguising yourself as another character
You can summon story NPCs such as Ginchiyo or Hanzo to complete levels with you
Various factions based off historical Sengoku period houses exist for you to join, they each have unique stat benefits, rankings and weekly "faction battles"

>Various images and video from an incomplete playthrough:
dropbox.com/sh/2kimuai3qvfpt58/AABlTxra7Hl9wdxWX1xNuLPZa?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2_BAerMx_JQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NXDi0AdgXOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=d_b68B4t68c
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/02/02/taking-on-the-final-boss-of-nioh.aspx?utm_content=buffer69fb6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
powerpyx.com/nioh-boss-guide/
youtube.com/watch?v=PUFGpzu8Mss
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

any leaks? like specifically relating to bosses and guardians that arent too spoilery

i wanna pet that lighting pup
post spiritfu's

isonade is gonna be my boy for the whole game

moth-chan a cute

moth girls a cute
CUTE!

Now post what weapons youre gonna use.

Katana
Kusarigama

also does anyone know if the shit about western weapons was real?

yeah they're real and use the 1 kat moveset

Literally half the game is leaked including bosses and spirits

axe
whatever scales decent with str as a secondary, maybe spear

are there pictures? i went on a wiki and it had a picture of a "bastard sword" but it literally just looked like a katana

people are literally streaming the game

its seems playstation is the only haven for souls veterans :(

Hi, I'm very new to this place.
What the hell is this game about?

So it's like Dark Souls, samurai edition?
With combat styles?

yup

here are some videos explaining the combat

youtube.com/watch?v=2_BAerMx_JQ

youtube.com/watch?v=NXDi0AdgXOQ

and here's what happens when you get good with it

youtube.com/watch?v=d_b68B4t68c

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/02/02/taking-on-the-final-boss-of-nioh.aspx?utm_content=buffer69fb6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Final boss

in a very vague sense, sure

it's more like a smooshed together version of rpg and death mechanics inspired by souls with combat inspired by Onimusha, Ninja Gaiden and Souls with a diablo inspired loot system.

vaguely

>girl

>lobos already has the game
fug

>garbage Bosnian site gives the lowest score on Nioh
Why do they let any 3rd world upstart "gaming media" site affect the score again?

I really want to hang out with you guys and be hype, but this thread is going to be full of unmarked spoilers so I'm peacing the fuck out. see you all a few days after release

9th mission

other DS fags as well

Why aren't you an eceleb yet user?

post yfw the excerpt on metacritic from the lowest review score

so do i get the bloody grave theme if i preorder from amazon?

Nioh is going to be an excellent game and will only get better with the addition of pvp after launch, putting it in the same conversation as bloodborne.

9th boss like the guy on stream did yesterday

holy shit that was cool

Dead general, dead hype

Because everyone is bitching on /v/ about the score like children

10th mission

>GI AMA still can't confirm if waifu skins don't exist, only that he didn't get any
going to be down to the wire with this shit isn't it
not that I even care anymore because absolutely everything I've heard from the leaks + this difficulty meme from reviews has me rock hard for this game anyway

gamabunta

i'm just looking for information on whether NG+ difficulty does anything besides +health +damage

Apparently Green weapons become much more common drops in NG+

alright, I'm fucking ready for this to come out
how do I put myself in a coma for 5 days

1kat or 2kat

spear

we need to put the mark of the conqueror pasta in the OP of the general

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror in Nioh is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not
No, I'm a Conqueror

no console war bullshit on vg, please

Can you get glory points by defeating offline revenants?

Yes

Got shipping confirmation from the shop. Hope it arrives before the weekend.

is this gonna be another episode of everyone but me getting the game a week early

Also, do you have to be connected to the internet to purchase skins?

This is some super saiyan tier shit.

No.

Feels incredible trollish if there literally is no animation. Imagine just casting the invincible buff while your opponent is swinging then countering with you fists of x10 damage.

2kat gets way better mystic arts

Any female skins found yet?

I haven't found any skins aside from the starter ones at Danjo.

what are the Ninjutsu mystic arts?

there are pictures of all of them but the ninjutsu's.

GI boyo said he didn't have any but couldn't confirm if they didn't exist

I can confirm this mission is the Ogress mission

here

what ninjutsu's do you even use on yourself? resistance pills and power pill is all that comes to mind.

Second one

There are a bunch or resistance and absorb stuff for poison as well etc

Haven't gotten the chance to play any of them betas or demos (university fucked me)

Need an honest opinion, should I pre-order this? I'm bored as fuck and it looks interesting enough, normally I'd ask on /v/ but it's a shitposting haven so the opinions are worthless.

To add: scrolls that removes noise when you run, increase your dash speed and less fall damage etc

>increases damage of Gun/Cannon/Bow
>increases damage of all shurikens/kunai
>increases damage of all bombs
>or you can eat resistance pills pretty quick

i'll take Concealment thanks

Can you switch between Mystic Arts of the same class on the fly or do you need to respec to do that?

Why do you want to be a girl so much? You a fag son?

I haven't unlocked them yet but I've got enough points to invest when I can take them.

I believe you get them by doing your last Dojo missions after Veteran.

I am a girl. You are telling me that girls are fags?

so how bad are we expecting the pvp to be

Sloth spamming, it's op a fuck.

sloth talisman would be very easy to dodge

if you try to apply it on an enemy moving to the side at anything more than a crawl then it will miss.

Finally preordered.
Jesus fuck between nioh and ringed city next 2 months look absolutely awesome.

Who's the boss after yamata-no-orochi?

Are revenants visible without ps+?

yep, Ogress was the 10th boss

William meet Okatsu and she gives her spirit, Gyokuto

Anyone feel like listing all the main bosses?

Can we get screens of each of the spirits leak sempai?

incoming shitposts about ogress being the final boss

pvp is most likely arena based with preset classes to choose from

So many sub missions on the 3rd region but this is the 11th mission and last on the third region

Boss list for those interested

powerpyx.com/nioh-boss-guide/

It's missing a few at the moment though

It's missing more than half.

Any extra moves?
Pretty simplictic for a 10th boss

It's tough to prove something doesn't exist

t. God

I didn't experiment that much with the demo (got a PS4 a couple of months ago so I only played that one), but what's the benefit of increasing Spirit? I mean, I pumped it a bit but it didn't feel -that- different.

Probably axe and spear, but focusing more on STR and MAG since it looks fun.

Reducing damage taken is literally useless as I never get hit

Will this game have high replay value?
if not i'll wait for price drop or rent it.

Each animal symbol has different tiers of passives.
You unlock a new passive once your spirit is the appropriate level

this general will be purely ps4 owners

unless you keep linking it on /v/, of course

The game has been getting great reviews, but the most common conplaints are enemy variety and uninspired lv design which will impact replayability

I see, that's neat.

Thanks.

Isn't the fourth region?

Did they ever do anything about the second Mark of the whatever you were supposed to get from the demo?

I think that was an NA PSN problem only, last I heard they fixed it.

PUT THIS IN THE OP FOR GODSAKE!

Nope, same as demo.

I googled it and I guess they tweeted that you should be able to get it once it's actually released, if you downloaded one already.

>uninspired lv design
That's bullshit. The game has great level design and variety.

My main complaint is definitely enemy variety though. Why this is bad and what it means is that the levels are very easy because you're dealing with the same monsters. One thing that is pretty cool is that even if the enemies are same they gain new moves. The yokai with axes can do ground slams with shockwaves for example.

That's third.

poor ppl pls go

So how many bosses are there? Not counting optional bosses

digital foundry did their analysis of framerates and resolution and pro/regular comparison for those that care about that stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=PUFGpzu8Mss

why aren't people focusing on the most important thing? higher difficulties unlock when you beat the game, this is a big deal man