/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, February 2nd:
506 – Alaric II, eighth king of the Visigoths promulgates the Breviary of Alaric (Breviarium Alaricianum or Lex Romana Visigothorum), a collection of "Roman law".
1848 – California Gold Rush: The first ship with Chinese immigrants arrives in San Francisco.
1868 – Pro-Imperial forces captured Osaka Castle from the Tokugawa shogunate and burned it to the ground.
1943 – World War II: The Battle of Stalingrad comes to an end when Soviet troops accept the surrender of the last German troops in the city.

>News
CK2 DD38 - My kingdom for an interface
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-38-my-kingdom-for-an-interface.995951/

EU4 - 24/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-24th-of-january-2017.996110/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_American_integration
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_South_American_Nations#History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_de_Miranda
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Provinces_of_the_Rio_de_la_Plata
youtube.com/watch?v=Mc6Jlc1nnmk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

Lads, today on the menu we have a nice roasting. Someone got burned to do it so don't miss it.
Brought to you by: dumb white trash tries to argue genetics in a partnership with the american education system.

kek

americans were a mistake.

W&B

But I'm not white.

Seriously though, what white person would argue Ethiopians are white? You're acting like you debunked another "Anglos aren't white" argument with how you think you've defeated a 'racist'.

kys britcuck

Turks are white tho

>Free States of America declares independence from the USA
>A civil war ensues
>The FSA wins
>The USA promptly renames itself the Confederate States of America
>"""Historical""" Project mod

Although this does open up more of South America to my expansion.

libtards btfo

why can't I make these cores?

>tfw no based, white report and ignore bf

>heir becomes gay
>no option to beat it out of him or have my court physician treat it as an illness

Why is Paradox so cucked?

How do you expand when you are playing CK2? War or Tactical Marriage?

Can you even explain how you connect cuckolding with the desire to have a structured society where people respect hierarchy?

You probably literally don't know what a cuckold is.

Probably because they're way too far away.

Both?

guess I'll just conquer egypt lol

It's based on your colonial range, so if you just had another province cored closer you could've taken it.

Is R&I the Prussia of posters?

Well. That is the usual way. But sometime I restrict myself from blobbing through conquest and only expanding little by little by tactical marriage and assassination to make the game longer and more interesting.

*posts in thread*

>eu4 became acceptable

when did it all go so wrong

*give you (you)*

I formed the kingdom of Lithuania (culturally Prussian :^)) and things are going pretty well

One thing is really hampering my harps though, the Rus own a piece of land that I think is rightfully mine.
Unfortunately it's owned by their king and not some count

Can anyone provide some hot pro tips on how to acquire this land without engaging in total war with the Rus?
They are rather mighty, I can muster about 15k soldiers if I raise a tribal army and call in all my vassals

I'd also like to conquer Poland at some point, I recently beat them in a military conflict so I know I can do it again, but I don't really have a good claim on becoming king of Poland yet

Hope he has gavelkind and one of his sons inherits the county but not the kingship?

So then I could try and marry people in a way that one of my vassals inherits the place when he dies?

Probably a combination of it actually getting better with time and the fact that people have been replaying Vicky 2 for many years by now.

Is there any way to speed up the westernisation of your spherelings?

Why do you think that land is rightfully yours?

i dont agree that its getting better theres still nothing to do but vicky got played out fast

Is there some event in HPM to unite South America once all of it is owned by you, or your puppets?

No, why the fuck would something like that exist?

Because if I click the "kingdom of Lithuania" button that land is also highlighted and the river forms a nice natural border to my realm

The Rus have no business there, their main realm doesn't even border on that county

Fun? I mean there's a USA, an FRCA, why can't there be a united South America? It's not that unbelievable.

To be honest I have never seen /pol/ use that term correctly except on the rare case where some user admits to actually being cucked or in refrence to moot.

I guess if you are retarded you have fun with retarded things but why do you assume that everyone is as retarded as you?

The USA doesn't include all of North America and the FRCA doesn't include all of central America.

So you guys really think the idea of a united south america sounds completely crazy? Why?

not either of the other posters but literally what unites any of those people outside of being on the same continent

Didn't you finish high school, were you born with an extra chromosome or are you just plain dumb?

South America is like Europe, diverse as fuck even if they are ruled and raped by the same Colonist.

>tfw we live in universe where inca culture is non-existent

can i just pirate all the crusader kings 2 DLC and have it work flawlessly with my steam version of the game?

Yes.

feels great, doesnt it?

t. Spaniard

Well they share a history, since they have ancestry in Portugal and Spain, two nations who are already quite similar. A lot of them speak variants of Spanish and Portuguese, meaning that they in effect share a language.

Don't also forget that we're still in 1-2 generations of the independence of a lot of these nations (in Victoria 2), meaning that there are people alive who still remember being under one banner with their neighbors of different nations.

They also share a religion, and because of their shared ancestry coming from two nations, their cultures are more similar than those of nations in Europe for example.

So in short, they share history, language, religion, and have similar cultures.

>Well they share a history, since they have ancestry in Portugal and Spain, two nations who are already quite similar. A lot of them speak variants of Spanish and Portuguese, meaning that they in effect share a language.

cheers m8 you absolute legend

Look, I'm not pulling this out of thin air. There were movements to unite South America during that time period.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_American_integration
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_South_American_Nations#History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_de_Miranda

Why would it be impossible for an alt-hist scenario where these movements were successful?

Well that was fun

No.

>gif
i want Brazilians and Australians out.

how'd you do it? i know there used to be an exploit where you'd block the antatolian straight or whatever with ships when the entire ottoman army was in anatolia and you could then conquer whatever the west part is called

>in the era of nationalism
>birth time of nations
>these nations just declared independence and asserted their desire for self rule
>just a few years before
>they had a lot of border problems and infigthings, and other unions such as gran colombia and FRCA collapsed because of nationalism
>all these different nations would just band together to create a single nation
Please, PLEASE, educate yourself. Develop some sense of critique and what is realistic or not.

what is the must-have DLC for crusader kings 2 for a new player with eu4 experience? preferably something light that doesn't introduce too much more to learn

Is there a Vic 2 mod of a "Disunited" United States, like with every North American states being independant ?

Yes I realize all that.

A lot of attempts at unions were made, and they all failed, but what if one of them didn't. For example a player playing as the Argentine Confederation can stop the United Provinces of South America from splitting, or a player playing as the FRCA can stop it from splitting.

So for example, a player playing as the UPSA (Argentine Confederation) stops it from splitting. Now in this timeline there is now an example of a successful union. The player expands the unions control, and support (as well as resistance, could have rebellions and shit) grows, but eventually all nations are under the confederacy. Boom, decision to unite South America.

Maybe not all South American nations should be able to, but definitely Argentine confederation, and Gran Colombia.

No :^)

Hungary guarantee Albania strategy.

reee

There's a difference between trying to stop an existing nation from breaking to making an entirely fictitious nation in the era of nationalism based on the fucking "Union of South American
Nations" that exist today.
Jesus christ.

>all those south American plebs not realizing their shitty non-cultures are less important than aesthetic borders

No, I was referring to this one:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Provinces_of_the_Rio_de_la_Plata

How is my idea different from, say, the failed attempts at Scandinavian pan-nationalism?

And also, the idea isn't fictions, as I've mentioned before, it was an idea that existed during the time. A united south american nation.

>How is my idea different from, say, the failed attempts at Scandinavian pan-nationalism?
Because scandinavian pan-nationalism actually existed?

There was never a movement for the unification of south america in a single nation because what happened in south america wasn't pan-nationalism, it was just military nationalism.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mc6Jlc1nnmk

Gibe tips on how to wage war in hoi4. How to compose divisions, how to cut the enemy of supply and don't get cut off myself. Which techs are worth it and which are not? How to achieve air superiority?

I recently started a campaign as romania and attacked jugoslavia and bulgaria at once. I've had 9x9 infantry divisions with bonus 2 artillery + support artillery and support demolition batallion. I've had few starting cavalry divisions and few panzer divisions. I've won both wars but with negative k/d ratio and it took longer than expected.how to improve? How to focus my efforts to make my army more effective?

I just realized I posted in the wrong thread...

I have a few more questions about vicky 2, playing as Japan:
I conquered Korea, which afaik is encouraged due to techpoints you get from it. but all of it is constantly stuck at 0% administration efficiency. I googled a bit and what I could find is that you need to assimilate them to some extend because bureaucrats of their culture net literally zero administration and then I also read that you cant really assimilate provinces with foreign cores, especially in asia. So does that mean Korea under my rule will forever be stuck at 0% administration efficiency?
Then secondly, I played multiple attempts due to being new to the game and wanting to try different approaches/fucking myself over with infamy. Normally when I westernized I had the 5 starting technologies in every tree except for industrialization where I only had 4 due to missing experimental railroads. However in one game I suddenly only had 2-4 technologies in any tree right after westernizing, how did that happen?

If you want to make a South American blob just say that's what you want to do and stop ass pulling stuff to pretend it's something else.

Will this be any good?

no idea, demo is comming out on 9th feb

m&t 2 when?

choose my CK2 options playing as african kingdom
Aztecs:
Supernatural Events:

ok fuck you then /gsg/ going to /reddit/

senpai you got no fucking idea what the fuck you're talking about, none of them actually like eachother and it would descend into a blood bath immediately.

Pretty much all of the latino countries have had civil wars because they couldn't even decide which end of the country should be in charge, so putting them all together? Fuck.

Your idea is about as retarded as suggesting Australia, Canada, the US, NZ and the UK should become one country because they all speak English and have England as a common ancestor. That's retarded, but it makes more sense than Latin American unity.

>inb4 he believes in a one-state anglosphere

How do I create an ethnostate in Liquoria?

what the actual fuck i didnt change that i swear to god

What do you mean 'Ethnostate'?

100% one type of culture.

Genocide & Genocide

Yeah and look how well that Union worked out?

Fucking Uruguayans and Guarani pelotudos ruin everything.

Rosas lend me your strong.

Factories

Why was Vickymod so based?

What are you talking about?

What should be added to HPM?

neast

to put it short: local autonomy remains high with low effective ruling power, i.e. nationalism cannot develop when your country isn't connected using communication (press, alphabetiszation), politisation (culture of vote, maps, id. politics) & infrastructure (of people, boats & trains, and information, telegraph, post & telephone) allowing you to extend your tribalism.

that's why most American unions failed, and even the states born from them were teared apart by civil wars - provinces VS other provinces, rural vs urban, federalist vs particulartist, landowner & aristocrats vs capitalist & bourgeois, etc.

>
>
>

a minigame where you can watch your pops drink your 100% aryan grossgermanium liquor

Absolute madman's actually winning the war.

More event for unciv?

Now do this for M&T

>Australia, Canada, the US, NZ and the UK should become one country
>That's retarded
fuk u the Anglo Empire will rise again.

like what? some uncivs in particular or general flavor?

Demiurge absolutely Btfo.