5267lb truck.
6.2L L9H motor, 420 horsepower, 460ft lb.-ft. of torque
GM 6L80E 6 speed transmission...

Transmission maxes
Maximum engine power: 469 bhp
Maximum engine torque: 439 lb-ft
Maximum gearbox torque: 664 lb-ft

Thanks GM.

mfw Gen IV LS engine in heavyfuck vehicle just waiting for some love paired with anemic transmission.

So what do I do, build a 4L80E and perform the fuckery needed to have it work with the current ECM.

Risk one of the janky 6L80E kits for a notoriously hard to tune, still weaksauce transmission

Rip all the wiring out of a modern vehicle, bolt a TH400 to my block and carb the cocksucker.

less power than the ford raptor

Transmission torque ratings are dependent on the weight of the vehicle they're in and the amount of grip it has. Stick that transmission in a Daihatsu Charade and it'll hold a million billion horsepowers.

The solution is simple: make your truck lighter.

looks like the engine and transmission match well together. whats the problem again?

460>439

Which one? Old Raptor, new Raptor, or both?

Want to moar power.
Cannot moar power, tranny is maxed.
Can't even bolt ons without exceeding what the tranny can handle.

In stock trim its fine.. in stock trim, but if I wanted to even approach 500bhp it looks like my transmissions gonna kerplotz.

The GM is a 2011.

It's a crew cab with a longer wheelbase than the Raptor.

Also,
2011 Ford Raptor Crewcab specs
379 cu in, 6210 cc
Power: 411 hp @ 5500 rpm
Torque: 434 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm

Also the GM isn't a Ford Motor Company built abortion so theres that.

The 2017 Raptor has 510 lb ft of torque, LOL

gm btfo

Even if you get it up to 500hp it'd still get smoked by a stock 2017 diesel. I don't really get 3/4 ton gas trucks, Diesel makes more sense.

I must be missing something important because when I look up the L9H it tells me the was a 5.3L engine and the power specs are under the transmission specs.

Two less turbos, better reliability, and better mpg too

Until you blow a hole in the block.

You are missing knowing anything about GM engines I guess?

The L9H is the RPO code for the Generation 4 All Aluminum LS based 6.2L small block chev.
It was called the L92 prior to it receiving flex-fuel capability as well as variable valve timing.

It's the same motor (essentially) as an LS3 in the vettes.

not an argument
stay btfo

Twin Turbo 6.2
Only 510ftlb of torque.

Welp.

Wait, why are we arguing with this guy? Anyone comparing a Ford motor to an LS SBC has got to be trolling.

what truck?

11 Silverado LTZ, 6.2L L92, 6L80E, 3.73 gear. Lots of useless goodies.

Whoops L9H.

Diesel trucks are awful because of a lack of serviceability and absurd cost of ownership.

Lotta shit about modern diesels I don't like.

I have 2007 duramax powered 2500HD and thats as modern as I care to go.

>implying that's the actual max and not the recommendation for max working power

Kys retard

>but if I wanted to even approach 500bhp it looks like my transmissions gonna kerplotz.
According to my napkin math, you'd be over 700 BHP before you're making enough torque to break your transmission. And that's assuming you're gaining torque evenly across the board, which is a lot harder to do that just sticking a fat cam on it and cranking up the rev limiter.

Did you not see the base weight of the truck?

Moving it IS working. Theres guys with the same transmission behind basically the same powerplant (L99) infront of the same transvestite in their pissed-gen camaros eating them up.

>8 mpg

3.5L guy.