>2 months later
>shop calls me
>moped turns on now
>Now have gas leak and cannot go full throttle or engine sputters
>Now goes 25mph maybe 35 on a good day
>Gas leaks make me have to refuel and push every other day
>it's been 7 months
>shop is only repair people in town who deal with my kind of moped

What is wrong with my shit and how do I fix it? Because the people who "repaired" it are clearly incompetent.

Have you tried... you know... looking at it?
Fuel should be in the tank, hoses, and carb.
If its outside these things it will be obvious and you should be able to repair it.

I don't know the first thing about autorepair, but everything looks fine from a noob's perspective.

>Buying a chink scooter and expecting it not to be shit

lol

dump it to some idiot on CL and buy a real scooter, kid

>fuel leaking
>everything thing is fine
Lol

>He can't fix a fucking moped
Time to kill yourself, fampai.

Nobody said I expected anything. There's just obviously a repairable problem that I wish to fix.

Well, I don't know anything about autorepair, so I'm asking so that I can fix this.

You're probably right.

lrn2fix
or
spend moar monies

We cant tell you how to fix it.
We cant see you
YOU go look at it
YOU do the research
YOU fix it

>lrn2fix
That's literally what I'm trying to do right now. Don't know what to start, so I thought I'd ask Veeky Forums

>American brake "design"

I'm just wondering if anyone knows, if not, ok.

I had a chink scooter when i started uni for 2 years before i got a motorcycle. Most reliable vehicle i have ever owned. got 8,000km before selling it, only two issues i had with it was a gas leak which just turned out to be a cheap fuel line. Replaced it with much thicker one. And the indicator relay burnt out, that was a plug and play part.

You can get your parts from aliexpress real cheap. And they are pretty easy to work on so nows the time to learn.

Or buy a real motorcycle

>What is wrong with my shit and how do I fix it?
>have gas leak and cannot go full throttle or engine sputters

fuel goes in the tank, then through hose(s) to the carburetor.

Where is it leaking? Since i cant see it, you'll have to help with this part.

>dem cracks
nothing wrong with the design. the rotors were shot.

>generally used truck design

btfo

Jeebus Christ. Really? Seven months and who knows how much youve spent on a fucking scooter. Just reading this made me tired.

>damage control
Stay btfo

ill just leave this ere

>he doesnt recognize heat cracks

You should ask your bus driver about it. He can tell you about it.

>Painting your rotors red
so lame, people are really dumb

>he doesn't recognize shitty american brake design
Ask your racist president about it, he'll give you an earful

whats wrong with it friend? educate us.

>rusted to absolute shit
>worn to pieces

saved

You need to give us more information. Where is the fuel leaking from? Why is it leaking from that part? Is it cracked or broken?

Gonna go take a picture one sec

are you describing your mums pussy?

Seems to be leaking from this thing. It's directly under the fuel tank

Thats called a petcock.
Replace it
Its cheap

the hose looks fucked. replace both.

>>go over bump
>>suspension caves

Normal for a scooter. Get a real bike.

thats the fuel shut off. turn it off and see if it still leaks.
if it still leaks replace it.
if not replace the clamp on the fuel hose

>Get a real bike.

OK. I'm a fucking college student with no money. I'd love to get a real motorcycle but I can't afford insurance, a motorcycle license and a new bike with registration. Christ. This is not a solution to my problem.

If it's a TaoTao then you need to replace literally everything after two days.

Should've got a Honda Super Cub. Most bulletproof mode of transportation ever made.

It's a taotao

It's still leaking even after flipping the switch.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm gonna see what I can do. I've identified the problem now.

can you tighten the nut on top?

I'll try I'll report back

get a haynes manual or download it online and just troubleshoot it in steps
50cc scooters are simple machines and there are a lot of manuals/videos that will help you for specific problems

If you can't even afford to maintain a scooter, you can't afford to own a vehicle.

>can't afford to maintain a scooter

Who said that? I said my mechanic is an idiot

inb4 he over tightens it and it snaps/strips

If you need a mechanic for a 49cc scooter then you shouldn't be allowed to live.

>mopedfags

>lol you need a mechanic
Well I'm trying to learn how to do it myself, you telling me I'm retarded doesn't help anyone

>Buy a bike
I don't have that kind of money

Like holy shit I don't understand why half of you people are so fucking cancerous

Dont tighten it youll do more damage, get a new gasket for it

Try googling for a pdf for the service manual for that model. If you're lucky you might find one with info on the entire thing with flowcharts for troubleshooting. Check your owner's manual for how often you should take a look and fix shit before it breaks. Plenty of youtube videos on how to do stuff.

These less expensive scooters can work very well with just a little maintenance. You should use the web and try to find a reliable repair shop. I use Xtreme Toyz in Dracut Mass and they have done a good job on my Chinese scooter. Small adjustments here and there, nothing major. There must be more than one place in your area. Where are you located?

Don't need insurance, license is cheap, get a used bike you fag.
You're a dumbass

I had the same problem with my Aprilia, turned out to just be some fuel line that cracked in winter, 2€ for a new and better hose and it ran again, if you want to be really cheap you can probably snip it at the cracked point and reconnect it, theres usually some leeway. Id recommend you dont buy Chink pieces of shit anymore, spend 300$ more for something from a trustworthy brand.

>Dracut
All four of my grandparents are buried there.

>throw useless scooter in the trash
>take the trash out
>wash hands
>walk down the road to the Kawasaki dealer
>leave on a ZX10R

Fixed

Busa or nothing user

Yamaha qt50 here

>ZX10R
I've sat on one of those at a bike show. My shoulders and back ached as soon as I got into the riding position. Superbikes are not for me.

Fuel can only be leaking from a few places on these small bikes.

>tank/petcock
>fuel line/filter
>carb

Because gravity, start up top at the tank and work your way down.

If it's the tank, patch it up.
Petcock? Replace it.
Fuel lines/filter? upgrade to better hoses since these chink bikes have shitty hoses from the factory. In fact, that's probably it. Get better clamps for the hoses too.
Carb can lose fuel from a few places - the seal up top can fail, the float bowl on bottom has a drain hose that might be leaking (sometimes the screw comes loose)

idk man, it's the simplest mechanical thing I can imagine. Noobs should be able to handle it without any problems.