Did I fuck up?

I just ordered a 2017 TRD offroad with a manual transmission from the factory for 32k. I make 88k a year, I max my 401k, roth IRA, and put $500 a month into a post tax account. I know its a more wise choice just to get a slightly used civic/corolla, but I love the utility of a truck for whatever is thrown your way in life. Did I fuck up Veeky Forums?

Nope

You'll probably be able to sell that thing for like $20k 10 years from now anyway

>5ft bed
>"Utility"

Resale value is the most important thing in your case

Not how I would have spent my money, but who am I to judge.

Not bad at all

No not at all. In fact I am seriously fucking jelly. Congrats user

bruh you're doing way better than most people

How would you have spent the money?It's not without sacrifice, I work a very high stress job with a minimum of 12.5 hrs a day. I did luck out though. No college and I'm promoting within the company fairly well.

Nice grocery getter

Thanks I needed that pick me up today

>Nice grocery getter
I can sorta agree with the whole 'pavement princess" thing because lets face it, mate tacoma owners use them for nothing other than DD's. However, it doesn't change the fact that its a reliable manual truck with resale value thats through the roof. I can attest to that since i have an 09 in manual thats in great condition , no engine issues, just regularly maintained by myself.

I'm well aware of the pavement princess stigma, and I will be contributing to it 80% of the time. That's why I'm asking if I fucked up. Although I do plan on getting into wheeling/overlanding now that I'll have a vehicle for it.

Hmm, $32k? Probably a C5 Corvette and some sort of daily.

you bought what you really wanted. people here will give you buyers remorse. IMO they're sexy trucks in person.

To be fair, I have a GMC 2500 HD with an 8 foot bed, with a tool box/ job job that takes up about 2-3 feets, making it a 5 foot bed, and is still plenty for AC Condensers and furnaces.

Also this pic.

that's a nice looking taco user

Tacos hold value really well. in ten years it'll be worth $10k, so technically it costs you only $22k to drive around in a new TRD.
Pretty decent considering most of Veeky Forums rides the bus!

That's NOT mine. I saved it from Veeky Forums though, someone was bashing short beds, and someone revealed that HEY WAIT A MINUTE, tail gates fold down, and whether you have a 4ft Explorer Sport Trac or a 3/4 Ton with a 8.5' bed, you can do a whole lot actually. Can't fit a washer AND dryer in a little tacoma though. I like my 3/4 ton GMC a lot.

Red Tacomas best Tacomas.

Short box is fine for women like op, but 6.2' or longer is mandatory for real work.

Like I said, my 8 foot box with about $6,000 in tools, does just fine with 5 after the gang box.

>Buying new

Why would you do this?

otherwise, nope.

I always liked the tacos when I worked for toyota. Kinda pricey, but I think you did igh't OP

>i can make do with my 8' box after putting things in it
thanks for agreeing with me I guess

I fucking hate suvs and pickup trucks but at least you got a good one.

Still don't understand the appeal, way too heavy to be any kind of fun. Maybe if you are an old man?

>I make 88k a year, I max my 401k, roth IRA, and put $500 a month into a post tax account
>Did I fuck up Veeky Forums?
These threads are always thinly-veiled ego stoking.

>Thinly

You fucked up. You should've got a 2WD automatic four cylinder, and had unrealistic aspirations of making it a pre-runner with nothing more than a change of tyres. Then you have to repetitively convince yourself and everyone else that "2wd can offroad just fine".

It almost look like a jacked barge

Not at all OP.

Those trucks are one of the best new car purchases you can make. They depreciate so little its absurd.

Glad you're doing well in life m8. Enjoy it. I think i'll be there soon in 3ish years :)

It's a different kind of fun.

Toyota red is the worst in my opinion. Any other manufacturer makes a decent red but this one, it just ain't right.

most people don't buy new trucks in manual, so it would be a bitch to find one used and since it's a toyota it will still be too much used.

If you really wanted it you should be fine. I had the issue of whenever I bought a new car or truck I fucking ended up hating it.

Enjoy that fucker and use it for cool shit like camping and fucking inside.

I'm jelly. Hoping for a Ford ranger 2019 manual, but if they don't produce a manual I'm going to get a Tacoma

Nah son, inferno or gtfo

the buying new meme doesnt apply to tacomas because they don't depreciate like a normal car

I want the new body style and interior, also it was shockingly cheaper to have it ordered from the factory than buying a 1 year old model.