What car-related projects are you working on Veeky Forums?

Finished rebuilding the front calipers for a '69 mustang today, part of the larger brake-system replacement project. Pic related.

Have any of you guys worked on anything interesting recently? post pics

Bumperoo

another bump to get it up higher.

Rebuilding miata engine

oh damn, nice.

are you doing any upgrades while you're at it?

well, my bike's battery just fucking died so my new battery should come in tomorrow since those assholes didn't have it in stock.

it's been real nice lately so it's a good chance to go ride before it starts pouring again. fuck VA

Possibly boring it
Plan for now is just a redo on all the seals, it appears to be leaking from the front main

oh yeah, and bleed the brakes so i can swap some fresh fluid in there

currently doing tie rods and idler arm on my 81 GMC shortbox, tie rods were factory with 223k miles on them.

Full suspension overhaul and drop is the next coming project for this thing.

tearing driver's side apart now. just about mushroomed my pickle fork completely breaking these fuckers.

gee that may be why the sway bar does nothing.

Can't wait to go to a beefier front bar, add a rear and get this thing handling better. Going full belltech for bars, spindles, springs and shocks.

changed the valve cover gaskets on my e39 m5. fuckin A that was a huge pain in the ass. next up is the control arms.

yes bleed the system...

The rebuild im doing hasn't had a proper fluid swap for at least over a decade and a half... i opened the master cylinder and it had all sorts of gunk in it from deteriorated brake fluid.

Nice, a suspension overhaul may be the next thing i do on the mustang... I'm thinking i might just do a proper upgrade instead of just replacing it with stock parts. I'd love for it to handle less like a boat and more like a proper car.

Very nice.

Only boring stuff left to do on my FD3S so no current pics. Today I will be mostly

>lining up panel gaps
>replacing trim
>double checking fixings

Pic related was when I simplified my fuel system.

Second 'heavy work' I do after the headgasket

did the clutch today.

It feels so good when the gears are that smooth

tfw 330K (maybe more since the odo has been stopped 10 years) on the original clutch

It the clutch supposed to be grooved like that? I've never actually taken one apart so i wouldn't know. :^/

Cool that you've got a big garage to do it in, mine is sort of cramped atm, had to tear down the shed so everything from there is now in the garage...
Thats pretty cool, so the entire fuel system is custom then?

yeah, the material is kind of like on a brake pad, with copper wire included

fun thing is that the clutch wasn't slipping, the gears were just becoming impossible to pass

Replaced the hinge in my center console, d-does that count?

Painting the trim on my car

neat

you must have one hell of a smooth foot if the only problem you had was trouble with shifting with that much of the material worn away

Shit I was gonna do that next

not even.
but the car itself is pretty weak (2.0l, 118cv din)

Of course, any projects are welcome.

Make sure to post after shots user.

Huh, i guess the copper wire is for added traction?

also, you're probably replacing one of those stock clutches that was just incredibly well designed and you'll never have another like it.

Trying to figure out why I am not getting power to the injectors.

The one I have has the same reference as the original one (LUK mechanism with Valeo bearing/disc)

I bought it NOS on the french craiglist equivalent since i'm a cheap fuck

trying to put an oil cooler on a 2014 mustang but the weather isn't co-operating this weekend.

Can you give me some advice about how to learn enough to start projects like yours?
I don't mess with my DD becouse I need it for work, but I can afford to buy a cheap used car just for practice, is that a good idea?
I have the time, the will and the money but I'm lost about were to start. Also do any of you live in a city? if so where do you guys work in your cars?

Just gonna check as many things off the list as I can

What engine management? I know most of them won't send power to the fuel pump or injectors if it isn't getting a tach signal. Tach signal would be coming from crank position sensor or cam position sensor.

I was trying to fix my classic saab 900, but she looks to be pretty dicked. Ripped the passenger driveshaft out of the drive cup, replaced them but somehow the geometry has changed. The axle, old and new, are both too short to fit.

But the suspension and engine mounts look fine, nothing is obviously bent. It makes zero fucking sense.

Trying to get rid of it and buy a mariner blue miata now.

i have two old 2 stroke bikes that need work

one needs a rebuild and the other one needs a carb afaik so far