First for

Things that are a cunt to do:
>Ur mum
>Bleeding the clutch on an 85 shadow vt700

Xth for best baiku

That's not a vfr750r/rvf750r/gsxr750

That's other harley. Fucking poser

Not* harley.

I just don't understand the appeal of plastic bikes. Even the Indian and victory are garbage when side by side to a good quality built harley.

It's sad honestly

Coming off riding a Yamaha Bolt (950cc v-twin) would this bike be a little much for me? I'm not a speed demon so the urge to go fast wouldn't be my worry. Like the looks and the idea of a performance minded machine.

Victory looks like something an astronaut would ride.

Indian has my vote. That deep red on a big twin. Me likey.

Don't ride like a dumb nigger and you will be fine

That's what I figure. I have throttle discipline (on a cruiser sure, but still) and with the ride modes I can feel it out. I just want something with pep when I need it.

Indian=garbage

Just can't touch a Harley. Sorry kids. There's nothing they do better besides wish they were harley

What full face helmet to buy?

I don't know much about Arai or Shoei, so I don't know which category means what on Revzilla.

I want something with a lot of ventilation, quiet on the road, interior flip down shaded lens, lots of peripheral visibility, and easy to lock down/flip up visor.

I have an icon right now and it sucks.

how hard is it to replace the forks by yourself?

and having almost zero experience besides changing my brake pads, which was pretty fucking easy.

Go to the store and try helmets on.

Easier than brakes desu. Just loosen the clamps and slide them out. Are you buying new forks or did you mean doing the seals?

my entire area has absolutely shit for helmets. Nothing but dirt bike helmets and a couple of random brands that you'd probably find at walmart.

>ventilation
>quiet

TWO WORDS COMBINED THAT CAN'T MAKE SENSE

Bilt is best. Anyone who denies it fell for a meme

Oh you should remove the wheel first or at least loosen the front axle and caliper bolts while it's still attached so you have easier leverage.

Read reviews on webbikeworld and get something with an intermediate fit or try and measure your head.

Do you have a phone mount for your baiku, /dbt/?

What do you have?

Do you like it?

gsxr750 is alright but the tail is ugly.

+1 for megadeth reference. -1 for info.

My scorpion helmet had better ventilation and was quieter than my icon by far.

Gotta love those AMF bikes huh, brother?

Ram X-grip. Seems to hold fine.

X grip. Yes. Inb5 haterz

I was looking at a couple bikes at the same price point $4500USD and I came down to Suzuki gsxr 250, Honda cbr 300F, or the KTM Duke 390. do you guys recommend anything else

Buy used you cucke

POSSIBLY I'VE READ TOO MUCH
SHITPOSTING I'VE READ TOO MUCH

>my area doesn't have x/y/z bike stuff

again with this? everytime /dbt/ says this they're wrong or don't want to drive more than 15 minutes to get it.

sure but I figured we were talking about "quiet" helmets as in quieter than average, in which case most of them are low on vents, vents make noise for the most part, they just do, maybe I'm thinking on a different scale but if you want something with a LOT of ventilation like an AGV sport helmet it's not gonna be quiet.

yes don't waste money on new bikes you're going to dump in a ditch anyway.

should I go for a 90s bike like a ninja or a gsxr or an old sv650

Hi /dbt/ I don't usually post here, but a friend of mine bought a 1980 Yamaha XS400 for $900 awhile ago. The garage his bike was in caved in due to a huge snowstorm and did some damage.

The entire thing basically needs to be fixed up. Engine is seized now, throttle cable needs replacing, apparently a bunch of "electrical parts rotted", tires both got popped, and the engine is leaking oil. Oh and the killswitch was apparently superglued on and he tried to fix it and just ended up breaking it more.

My question is, think it's worth fixing up or should he just part it out and sell it? I was thinking about giving him a few hundred bucks for it and fixing it up myself, but I have no experience with bikes, I've only ever worked on my cars. My goal this year was to get a bike and learn to ride and figured this may be a good spot to start.

Any help is appreciated, also sorry if I should have just made a new thread for this.

I already did off roading my scooter

Arai is top tier helmet. Great materials, great fitment for all headshapes, great ventilation.

Drop down shield is dogshit safety wise because they need to recess the foam liner that protects your brain to make room for the shield. Wouldn't really recommend it because if you can't carry around a shield and swap it out then you're a retard. Also wear earplugs when you ride.

Go try on helmets, see which ones fit best. Arai and Shoei are best. HJC and AGV would be behind them. Only the higher end models though.

SV
Nah nobody sells good gear. Back in Rochester it was drive 5 hours to cycle gear in NYC or RevZilla. local place only had fashion leather and low end icon stuff.

No, I literally called/went into every bike shop in my town today and they didn't have anything, and didn't even know what brands they carried. The next set of motorcycle shops is 40+ minutes east or west of my town. Just how it is here. Good news is, if I go east for about 1.5 hrs, I am in a military base town, which always has fully stocked bike shops.

Yo DBT what kinda drink should I get tonight?
Beer, vodka, rum?

One of fancy things. So far so good

I'm trying to sell my 15' Yamaha R3 the bike in perfect condition and under 6K miles (all maintenance has been done by the dealer up to this point). How much do you think i could sell it for?

cool thnx

gin

Schuberth is dogshit. Quality seems cheesy, and their "quiet" helmets whistle loud as hell because of those funky faceshields with the spoilers on them. Schuberth fix is to put fuzzy side of velcro between shield and fiberglass to keep whistling down.

Also my Corsair X is quiet as fuck, with all vents open. I wear earplugs but everyone should anyways.

Hard to say

That style of bike is popular right now because of "Cafe Racer" culture and hipsters, at least in America.
This could be a good thing, usually, but it means replacement parts are going to be in higher demand than usual and can be expensive.

You may be better off trying to buy it from him for as cheap as you can and parting it out yourself, sell the seat, swingarm, exhaust, fenders, headlights gas tank etc.

how the hell do you do seals? im just wondering, because i want to do a few upgrades here and there depending how simple for my GS. i'm just gonna just keep the damn thing and ditch my shitty ass grindy-geared Ranger for a new truck instead of the other way around.

Bourbon or scotch

bacardi

fuck that just find another one in working condition. all of that work you've gotta is only gonna keep you from riding!

my friend will only drink redds apple ale.
what do /dbt/?

I mean it's not that bad, low abv tho

Fuck them. Because it's obviously a woman

Yamaha R3

Let him drink what he wants but get him to drink whiskey a few times when he's drunk so he can learn to like something good.

I've had a couple before and I enjoy it since I do like apple juice.

>tfw still no bike

Aged Rum is always the answer.
Fuck him right in teh boipussi.

Is Capmo ok? I've still got a lil left but wanted to try something new.

nope that's more expensive than the Duke 390 and it has a smaller engine and no Bluetooth

cum

What's a good aged rum?

well what the fuck are you doing with yourself?

It's shit but in the end it depends on how much you spend.
Even Havana Club makes amazing rum. If you pay €1000 for it.
Get a €30 Mount Gay XO or a €40 El Dorado 12yo and you're set pretty fucking good, I would say.

why does that look like a touring bike

>superpole 2 results
>1. rea
>2. Sykes

and you just know sykes's tyre will self destruct 1/2 way through the race like it always does.

CONGRATULATIONS 2017 CHAMP JOHNNY REA

Didn't we have this conversation already? Or was it another tripfag?
If you still haven't try the two mentioned in this post One is English, the other one is a Demerara. You can try a French one afterwards like a Barbancourt 12 or 15yo.

waiting for my paperwork to come back

and you're going to a dealer for your first bike...

RAM X grip, works fine

I don't speak the language here, there are dealerships that speak english and will do all the paperwork in order to get a sale.

the price difference between dealerships and dealing with other foreigners isn't very big here and dealership bikes are all 100% working whilst foreigners tend to ruin their bikes.

Racing suit Update!

I found if i can push the back protector down, it makes everything easier.
Actually i'm [spoiler]slater[/spoiler]

>dealing with foreigners

this is what i am up against. Like if i was after a scooter this would be a good deal but still...

>have new heavy spring put on
>wont drop in
fugg

The duke is the shizzy. Enough power that you won't get bored quick, and it's the only 300-class bike with cartridge forks and radial tires. The Japanese cheap out and give you eighties-tier damper rod forks and bias-ply tires.

It'

>shock bondage
ghetto spring compressor to properly index the preloader on the body
using a 2x6 against my truck axle as a lever to compress the whole shock i ended up lifting the tire off the ground

just buy a spring compressor you fucking pinoy shit jesus fuck

why buy a compressor if all i need is to get 1/4" of clearance once in 20 years?

Damn I took that photo with a potato

The 2017 duke has bluetooth as part of it's tablet-as-a-dashboard, split-function cartridge forks (one leg compression dampening, one leg rebound), ride by wire, traction modes, etc.

I haven't been able to find out if it has programmable wheely-mode yet like the R-1. That would be cool, and usually comes with fly-by-wire.

>Why should I buy new tools?

post boipucci and I give good advice

buy me a spring compressor i will use once in every 4 or 5 blue moons and ill keep it.
id rather put it into farkles and parts for other vehicles

>Give me free shit
Here's how bernie can still win!

>telling others what they need to own
lefty voter?

May have been me but I might have been drunk at the time kek

Needs moar zip ties

wtf is honda doing, josh brookes is running literally a BSB bike with stock yamaha electronics (no fancy marelli shit) he literally put together in a garage himself.

>two KTM 530 six days with plates near me
Fug, want super hard.

post wife ass

i did have enough panduits but i figured itd be more hassle than its worth to use them, plus id probably need them on monday.
whatever that rope is, i love it i found like 400 feet of it in a ditch years ago and its strong as hell. i have yet to break it, even towed a quad with a piece of it

(Im this poster)

I was taking advice and found a pretty cool bike losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/6018438218.html along with others what do you guys think?
Thats what i thought its a great price for a bike and i heard they use great quality parts.

Dad please i gave you enough pictures when we went to seaworld

best バイク女の子 you are still a femboi stig

whatever, fuck it. it's your money

Post boipucci

that 750 is heavy.... Also, 80's bikes are at the point where they need a million bits and peices now.

Get something from the Radial Tire era.

FZ6 is by far the best option there

Nah

Bring some to Moab. We might need it

yep, if it's real. Long Beach is fully of scammy bastards, for some reason.

Post wife nudes you ginger cuck

Just watch a video on youtube, did them last year on my dirtbike and they were pretty easy to do

ill rewrap it with some fresh stuff. gotta find the big heap of it again.

Radial Tire Era?
You like the Fz6? i really like the paint job and they live pretty close to me as well.
losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/6012572610.html

That's not an FZ6

That sticker is neat, you should get me one.

Nah

Sorry here.
losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/6016807252.html
I think its a bit fishy since they didn't really give any info on it.