Is the taurus SHO the greatest sleeper of all time?

is the taurus SHO the greatest sleeper of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EE5x9vlb0ss
youtube.com/watch?v=acVKyH64YDg&t=22
youtube.com/watch?v=hhOsZKRbDao
youtube.com/watch?v=tdXhvTwUa8U
youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6YwIN2IQc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

No, the '04-'06 Subaru Baja Turbo is.

no

no
no

The V6 Camry is.

>mfw a soccer mom in a solara out touged me in my 350z (w/ passenger cough excuse cough)

I still have nightmares .

Yes

>sleeper
>riced out as fuck

kys

Nope, Phaeton W12

It's up there. Still prefer a Bonneville/Park Avenue/etc with the S/C 3800 with mods. Nothing looks more innocuous.

back in the early 2000s before people knew what it was, WRX wagons were the sleeper of choice.

Nope, the 3000GT is. People are always incredulous when it wins a stoplight race instead of inexplicably losing a cylinder or shitting out a turbine wheel.

Nope. Nothing will ever match the extent to which you can make VAG shitboxes go. Golfs and Audis make for the greatest sleepers in the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=EE5x9vlb0ss
youtube.com/watch?v=acVKyH64YDg&t=22

>Tfw my car has the same engine

If i ever see one of those bolt on TRD superchargers they only made for a few years in the wild, i will buy one.

Yes. Also, fuck Jay Leno in his flat ass...
youtube.com/watch?v=hhOsZKRbDao

your excuse should be that you haven't watched initial D and don't know how to drive around a fuckin corner. You should still have nightmares that a boat on wheels beat you. Pathetic.

>3.2L V6 220HP/292Nm (215 LardBurgerFaT)
No

>2.3 4cyl 260HP/370Nm (272 LardBurgerFaT)
Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=tdXhvTwUa8U
>looks like something your grandpa would drive
>AWD
>sounds mean as hell
>takes a shit load of boost
Old 5cyl Quattros are the best

>Taurus Sho
Not even the best for the 90's

If we are allowing modified cars then surely these have to be in with a shout:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6YwIN2IQc

Even in standard form they are much quicker than you would expect

A sleeper is a car that looks slow but is actually fast, not one with a small engine and lots of power.

such an innocent look

In an era of shitty slow cars in general, economy or otherwise, the GLH takes the sleeper cake.

They had the POTENTIAL to be fast, but even with turbo charging didn't they top out at like 150hp...?

well yes, but remember this is the early to mid 80s where the corvette was a turd. It could keep up with 305 F-Bodys and Mustangs. And show up at the drag strip in a Omni shitbox? Surprise would be a factor here. In '86 it produced 175 HP

>In '86 it produced 175 HP
Well that would light up the front tires. Yeah that would be a sleeper. I'm guessing that put it in Mustang/Camaro range back then...

Not sure if it counts, but turbo 2 engines can make obscene amounts of power they don't have any right to.

No, it's slow and heavy and shitty

hnnnggg test drove one of these once. always regret not buying it

Y'all have some slow ass "sleepers" and this is a "enthusiast board"

Just like this dump im about to take on your chest

lol enthusiast board.
you do know most of people here cant even afford 20k shit box

nice """"""""""sleeper"""""""""" you got there

though with that stance, its barely useful above 40mph

It is until the trans shits itself.
Which happens all the time.

Lotus Carlton

This desu. Back when the last (soon to be last last) gen camry came out, some magazine tested it against a period WRX and the V6 camry matched or beat it on every single point.

FWD is trash. Step aside.

the lotus badges are a bit of a giveaway tho.
was probably gonna post this myself, but again, anyone who knows or cares about cars will recognise it because of the decals etc

Before it got popular. I think it was making 1100rwhp on the dyno with nitrous
Really any late 70s truck probably has a big block and with some head and cam work you can get 600 hp out of one

did someone say sleeper car?

Current best sleeper, any v6 camry or accord.

>that smug grandpa

thats a rare pepe

twingo wins again!

trash memecar

Are there any sleeper cars in existence that AREN'T extremely rare and limited modifications of otherwise mundane cars? Half the cars in this thread are precisely them; limited run (not even breaking 4 digits in quantity) performance versions of consumer vehicles.

the perfect car for you!

how is that sleeper anymore? i'd be disappointed if i outran that in my ecoboost

My sisters car is a v6 Camry. 2008 I believe. You saying we should keep it as a family heirloom?

trash driver

Chrysler 300C SRT8, not that you would ever see one at the strip.

Im sure your car of choice will fair pretty well right up until a reflector takes the oil pan out.

The majority of these that I see are Nigged out and I leave in an area with very few blacks.

I think the GNX looks almost identical to that, so you could probably surprise a lot of people when they think you're driving a 30 year old Regal

>those skinny arms
>that numale glasses + beard combo
>that panic over correct and awful throttle control

what a fucking beta.

Ugly bentley ripoff

he is a furfaggot what do you expect

It looks like a drunk hooker walking on the insides of her feet with the high heels sticking out the sides.

>top speed under 130 MPH
>literally grandpa's buick with a turbo attached

please leave, autist

>All have DOHC 4.6 Cobra motor
>Aluminum suspension w/ IRS
>Aluminum hood/roof/trunk
>4 wheel discs w/ ABS and LSD

All of that is standard, in the price of a same year beat up Mistu Galant (read: jack shit)

This is an impressive sleeper.

A car you know comes with a >3Liter V6 ain't a sleeper.

I've owned both. the size of the taurus was comfy as fuck. good pick up didn't get much over 90K before it blew if i remember correctly. at the time it was the most popular car. the ride was good.

the baja for being big as shit doesn't hold that much for practical purposes. the transmission took a shit at around 80K. its amazing in the snow. some asshole always wants to buy it from you for unknown reasons. go to the grocery store can i see the inside of your car. why just why would you want that.

no because anybody with even the slightest knowledge on cars would know that it's fast

For you.

W jaki sposób to ścierwo jest sleeperem wykopku

I own one
It's a love hate thing, after a while you just don't feel fast and notice things going wrong alot. Lots of things break and there's no replacing it.
Doesn't come with LSD

To your average normie, it's just a riced out Audi wagon.

Don't be fucking stupid, even if someone missed the M5 badge people usually think BMWs are just fast anyway.

Hot ass single moms drive these. I fucked a couple.

Not sleepers. In burgerland, normies usually think Audis, BMWs, and Mercs are always fast.

Here is my entry

Buick Lacrosse Super

Total grandpa car with a 5.3L 300hp LS4.

Not exceptional now, but were pretty fast in the mid-late 00s when they were new.

Still 0-60 in under 6 secs out of a plain looking car for geriatrics.

10/10 would fuck a lot lizard in.

i don't give a single shit about semis (unless vintage), but i really want to see what that's like on the inside

glass transmission

Tell me more, I love the spaceship looks but I have heard a lot of bad things about sensors/minor luxury items failing.

When it's actually a Volkswagen.

I was waiting for someone to post that.

Gross. Just the way cummy likes it

no, i'm not into that

whatever you say, furfag

This is lift off oversteer right?

give me your FA already

:3

This faggot's never been to a track in his life lmao

But when the air ride is working, the heater core is not bypassed, the neon tail light works, wipers aren't stuck in the up position, cup holder isn't broken, HID work, THAT day is sweet!

Guys pls answer

You mean to tell me there's a VW on the same platform with the same drivetrain?

it looks like a supra and a celica lovechild and some confused normies might even think it's a ferrari, in no world is the GTO a sleeper

he treats drifting like he's on snow, correcting like that would still be way too much, but he wouldn't have spun on snow

Yeah it's pictured there with an audi badge.

SHO is always a good one - but for cost to power potential I don't think there's much competition out there for a galant VR-4. I'd still like to own one some day.