/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Didn't bring Poison Throwing Knives:
>Ringed City DLC stuff
Shills will post detailed information on February 8, ignore fake "leaks" until then
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z43NFPLuDm8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DARK SOLES

Reminder that the team behind DeS, DS1, and DS3 made this first

youtube.com/watch?v=z43NFPLuDm8

Actually watching gameplay videos of enchanted arms - it's shocking how much of demon souls audio and visual style / atmosphere was first used in this shit-tier rpg

I want nosefags to leave and stay leave

>YOU READY FOR THITH?

>frigid outskirts
>LET'S PUT THREE INCREDIBLY FAST HARD HITTING ENEMIES IN A LOW VISIBILITY ENVIRONMENT
>PREPARE3DIE
>HARDEST GAME EVER MADE

Person who selects thread pics should get better art

Wasn't all that hard

Is this a Jojo reference?

Threadly reminder who best boy is.

It's one of the best areas of the game.

Do you think he plowed that stormdrake every day?
>gave up his family and position as God of War for drake pussy
>even let his twink bro getting eaten by a blob
Cloaca stronk

>we will never see how he fought Gwyndolin and brutally wrecked him

He betrayed his father most likely because he understood that dragons are not actually threatening humanity, unlike Serpents.
Goes well with Oceiros who considers dragons to be the ultimate beings not afraid of any age changes.

his dialogue is like that throughout THE ENTIRE GAME.

Would you rather they just plopped down some static bumbling AI enemies wandering around in plain view like the rest of the entire franchise? Frozen Outskirts is great. I wish more of DS2 was like it, in trying to have a survival style.

ELITE GAMER WATCH OOOOOOOOOOUT

cmw is OP

I'm sorry you're sub-par

>cheating is OP
No shit user.

Reposting for more opinions:

Trying to figure out if i should be using a different chest piece or shield. I feel like the helmet is just a wee bit too "shiny" for this armor, where as the shield looks too old comparatively.
Or am I worrying too much about the opinions of strangers on this Tibetan sky funeral enthusiast symposium?

Also post Veeky Forumsshion

obviously

The greathelm is too small
That weapon has an ugly profile

I had the time of my life yesterday, iron flesh + blackflame on parting pyromancy flame is a godsend, reminds me of how poise was good

literally 2 hitting everybody that comes close.

Funny how DaS2 was the last good Souls game.
At least we have Nioh and For Honor to fill the void.

how do I look guys?

I think it looks good, the shield matches the cloth from that angle, dunno about different lighting
The only thing that looks 'off' to me is the lenght of your weapon compared to the size of your shield

>Post Veeky Forumsshion
I'll whip out my old but still good fashion

I already told you nigger, your fun sized sword is too small for that heavy armor.

I suggest hollow soldier helm if your face isn't too ugly. Swap the sword for something in the GS veriety. Hollowslayer would probably go nice with the browns.

Like a Heide Knight

>toilet paper cape
awful

>For Honor

Bad news, user.

Fire surge is probably the most necessary
Black flame is usually the key appeal, assuming you have a parting flame
Either nuke is worth having (but not both)
Black serpent works well with black flame and nukes, moreso vestiges

If you want to be reductive and just use a regular flame, you can get by with fire surge and chaos fire orb

Toxic/poison mist and boulder heave mix ups are funny but also sort of their own thing

Warmth is fun enough to at least have in your inventory somewhere

Floating chaos is useful once it's already out: if you throw a nuke right as someone gets stunned it'll fill the role of black serpent, or you can layer it with darts for a nearly undodgeable six shot frametrap; the problem is that it takes so long to set up and if someone fires a nuke at the same time you cast the chaos, you'll eat shit

Flame arc is surprisingly good, but most of the appeal comes from how inexpensive it is investment wise, and since what really sets it apart from resin is just the duration you're going to be weak to duel charms, unlike bundle spammers who can just continually reapply their buff

Dude, this helmet is horrible.

I wonder what the deal is with this fellow. Calls himself rap and is an amnesic hollow.

Probably another coo coo crazy like Solaire

What is the best souls-like game? King Field sucks ass btw.

>tfw want to know all the weapon/equipment info on the 8th
>but don't want any more lore/story/boss spoilers

this guy gonna be tragic as fuck, isn't he?

That look is top tier. I have some edits though.

>Elite Knight legs, those shin guards look great on everything
>I would go with nameless/elite gloves
>I personally love the armor you chose, and that helm is just as shiny as any other. Fridge armor is pretty shiny as is.
If you want to change things up, regular knight and alva look fantastic with the great helm. Also, it's a little heavy, but I think Faraam would be the perfect piece to wear with it. The shield is perfect and would match Faraam very nicely.

My two cents. Now rate my ghost pirate.

You're in heide knight, aka the best set. So you look good.

This is really bad, anything that uses nameless king set pieces must be purged.

Allegedly the paired greatshields are his

Like a melted candle

I do agree with you, but I think NK chest goes well with Smough's Helm. Makes the character look tall.

Terrible suggestions, neck yourself.
Also nice excuse to use le meta saber.

This is the best looking set since chester`s set.

Your post was funny.
Objectively, 3.

The chest, sword and helmet look good together, the arms look too skinny compared to the rest though, maybe something longer?

Chestpiece is somewhat decent becouse of the wrap around the characters face, but the fact that almost all gauntlets leave you with an empty space that show's your skin behind your elbow it's frustrating.

I really should just go back to Rosaria and pump up the width of the arms
I'd make myself bulkier altogether but then 80% of the armour will look like trash

The chest makes you look like an angry mushroom with that hat. Swap it, maybe for sellsword, or legion.

What's the giantdad of DS3?
Is it the "lol bloodborne anime set with dual katana"?

Rate my fashion guys

Also how the hell do I beat this boss

>make my character arms bigger
>sheaths on back get fatter

Like one of the top5 sets of DaS2, so fantastic.

No DLC based on not completely flooded Heide

heh, what a cute kot

FUCK

What is a giantdad for you, I mean, is it even a legitimate build? Havel Mom's were truly terrifying but memedads were just toggle parried to death by anyone decent.

I didn't play during the days of Havel MoM's, how bad was it?

anyone here have the dark souls visual novel? can't find it anywhere online

>decide to try out some meta weapons
>easily comboing 900 damage with 2kat with 0 risk
>spamming r1 with spears and getting as much damage as UGS while at safe range and with spare stamina to roll
>CSS can hit in and out so fast you have to be retarded to get hit
>you can win trades with almost anything with BKS and lothric knight sword
>heatseeking tracking on a 400 AR rapier

how do metafags ever lose to me and my shit weapons

>during the days of Havel MoM
they haven't left

I meant ninja flipping havel MoM's.

you have a roll button, idiot, USE IT

Did you invade in the catacombs ? A guy named Im Strong

I'm a meta fag and I don't lose to anything besides other meta builds.

Can anyone put their sign down outside sif? lvl 49 im on DSCM

wanna yiff at sif?

You really are right. 3 wasn't a good souls game. It was and is, a GREAT souls game.

I like that we're going to meet a fellow undead, wonder what his story is going to be. Especially in such a weird place as the ringed city.

He will invade us like Maldron, just like him, he has a great lance. Why a greatlance you might ask? Well, that armour, is designed for jousting. You joust with a lance you miserable pillock!

Call Vaati, there are horses in Dark Souls!

Everytime I look at that set, I just think, "who gave homestar runner armor," and I can't take it seriously.

That set looks so fucking perfect.
I don't think I'll be ever able to wear anything else after the DLC

Why do people compare for honor to dark souls? And is for honor going to drive away the hordes of duelfags plaguing ds3? Shame it didn't come out earlier so we didn't get any resources wasted the gayass arena. Also, why don't you become embered for defeating a red sign soapstone invader in ds3? Or at least an ember.

>yfw he's the final boss of Ringed City

Back then the art looked very grounded on reality but there was a sudden change in the artstyle for some reason and now it really looks like just another retarded western game that thinks just because an armor looks boring it is realistic.

>and he's wearing Ornstein's plume

>and penetrator's armor
>and has the anvil flail for weapon

>summons a demon made of feces mid battle
>Gavlan, the Pain of Ages

>tfw no horse

I love Quelaag, so I'm going to marry her.

git gud pleb

Go to bed Fair Lady, you're sick.

Takes two people in love to marry. Since she will never love you because she isn't real, it looks like you are out of luck.

>>we will never see how he fought Gwyndolin and brutally wrecked him
there' was no fight. I'm sure Aldrich just walked up to him and started o swallow his cock whole.

Coming back to ds3. Been gone since before ashes.

Is poise a thing yet? Any example of a build that allows poise through attacks and trading?

Really want to use heavier weapons, was always a dex nub when I played.

Funny thing is the Soul of Cinder is basically the culmination of the suffering of all of the time periods. So Pain of Ages is still quite true and much more poetic.

>Is poise a thing yet?
Nope, and it never will be.

I just reached archdragon peak. It's really fucking cool looking. Just fought the wyvern. I died to manserpents, but I kind of figured out what to do. This is really cool. This seems like a cool fucking boss. What a thrill.

>Is poise a thing yet?
hahaha.
I have 18.25 poise as a ultra user - switched out to 37+ poise. little difference my man. poise is dead in 3. its all about hyperarmor.
now now poise will add a small amount of % to hyper but to be honest no one needs more then 25 vit for anything really.

Does anyone have a spare deserter set on PC(DS3)? Im trying to farm it but it doesn't seem like i will drop it today

you need to hit specific breakpoints to not be interrupted during attacks. these breakpoints change depending on what you're swinging and what is hitting you. it functions perfectly fine, don't be misleading.

any FC going on today?

Do fistweapons need a buff? Or are the demon fists just slow as hell? The r1's are really slow and their range doesn't help much. Only good moves are the running l1 and rolling l1.

>implying you need to be in love to marry

its not misleading. poise only adds % to weapon arts. you don't even need poise in this game at all if you can dodge and trade blows just fine.
1-2 poise was noticeable - not in this game.

Well shit. Feels like heavy weapons really aren't meant for this game, other than wrecking scrubs at a handicap.

Really wanted a 2 handed playthrough

>Do fistweapons need a buff?
fuck no they don't. they're really good as they are
I think what he was saying is

sorry phone sent the message.
Anyway what I think he was saying - after the patch armor and poise is still the same as always. still useless since release.
most players don't even use armor in pvp.