/mcg/ - Minecraft General: Freighthopping edition

Previous joj: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rF9xMNuAfwE
mods.curse.com/modpacks/minecraft/246818-fire-in-the-pipe-2
mcgeneral.wikia.com/wiki//mcg/_Wikia
modwiki.temporal-reality.com/mw/index.php/Main_Page
mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
github.com/Growlith1223/ArsMagica2/releases/tag/v1.5.0-6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>4th August 2010

Where did the time go

I fucking called it.

>tfw everyone is too busy playing game to post
>but can't play game because mojang's shitty "security" locked me out of my account for a day
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

RIP
DA
SERB

Whenever someone who can unb& is online, please unban bcsfbdjfi8. I got banned because my doc brown skin looked a bit too much like an ss uniform so I was associated with babbaj and I think my username looks a little bit like a throwaway but it's not.

So please.

>wanting to play with people who don't like nazis

>wanting to play with faggots who like nazis
>being a faggot who likes nazis
>unironically suggesting that a megalomaniac's "kill anyone I don't like" army isn't a thing to take issue with
>most likely due to being a /pol/ faggot who's so tripped out on retarded memes he doesn't know his ass from his elbow
we're much too busy building trens to fuck around with you.

>responds to a one line post with 6 lines
wew

ask a mod dev of pic related anything

>responds to a 6 lines post with one line
faggot
a
g
g
o
t

nice tism to be honest(desu) with you family(senpai) where you get it?

fuck off back to re**it

You need to go back.

how mad is flowerfaggot

I don't think he even knows

No thanks family, I really enjoy taking nice stinky fat dumps all over your kiddos community
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG *brrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaappppppfffffffftttth*
There you go user eat my piping hot superior board culture, come on user aren't you hungie?

>family
I'm not related to boat/pol/ple.

>48 blocks of charcoal needed for one diamond essence in Regrowth

oy

nah bro /pol/ is king of all Veeky Forums so you're my little bro, come on bro spread your fat wet boi puss so I can just slam my gigga dick in your downs ass.
come on bb just pucker up
*kisses balls*

that's neat, what does the whole mod do?

we postin old videos?
youtube.com/watch?v=rF9xMNuAfwE

its whole focus is as a storage system able to store a ridiculous amount of any one item or block in folders which you can take out and carry around.

aside from items, it can store fluids, mobs and mana (if botania is installed). it can also store items that have durability, eg: armors and swords

there are also upgrades that do different things, like let you autocraft any item that's in a item frame that it can craft, or a oredict upgrade that lets you store several different types of copper ingots, or the life upgrade that turns your filing cabinet into a deranged minion that tries to eat whatever item is dropped on the ground that it can pick up, or mobs or fluids

if you like, you can hook the filing cabinets up to a AE/RS storage bus as secondary storage for really large amounts of items, like cobble or whatever the fuck you like producing asstons amounts of

1.7.10 version when

>there are people in /mcg/ who get triggered over nazis
You need to go back.

>can't find the mapwriter jar to remove it

what the fuck?

there kinda is one, but it's so incomplete and actually quite broken in multiplayer (read: crashes)

I think it comes with opis or mobiuscore, both of witch you should be removing anyway. Or maybe optifine, which is also shit.

>witch
kill me

Nah, it's more along the lines that a spicy skin like that is a magnet for underage, all round douches and generally immature folks.

Why not both?

Anybody have a good launcher that will remember the password and not only store the session key for an account?

I'm no expert, but that sounds like a really bad idea.

my friend and I recently played through a pack where we reached end game in less than a week. what mods should we use if we want the game to last longer?

for example I plan on using logistics pipes instead of AE2. I was also considering gregtech but it's hugely different from anything I'm used to.

>rfc dev is also a mcg
ayy lmao

Not great storing it unsecure but it's a Minecraft account and the threat of theft is low.

the game is over when you say it's over

>sand box
>end game
???

the tech tree was too short. it was too easy to get to more and more powerful stuff.

is there a decent survival server that allows pirated versions and isnt 14 year old faggot tier

just want some nostalgia desu

ayyy

Considering 14yo faggots are the only ones who can't afford fucking minecraft in the first place, probably not.

>supporting microJew

no thanks nigger

Are the FTB packs good for someone who doesn't know enough about the current mod scene to make his own decisions on what mods he wants?

Yes as long as all you want is to learn about a ton of mods at once. From there, you should try tweaking their packs by yourself, removing a few mods and changing configs until you're satisfied, then adding new ones and eventually making your own packs from zero.
There are probably bigger kitchen sinks around, but I'm not too familiar with AT Launcher or Technic.

How does one power the steam armor from techguns?

With steam.

>not buying Minecraft for five dollarydoos back in alpha

>faggots being butthurt about /pol/
Nobody is even talking about politics.
Hitler had spare time to do comfy things too.

I hope psycho steve spawns in your base.
Not really, I love you user.

>still pushing le ebin anti-optifine maymay
okay user, we get it, you have a beastly rig that doesn't need mods that help make the game work, and are too dumb to use anything in the performance tab without crashing your game.

it's not the mod's fault you're a retard with a huge spending limit.
>inb4 BUT UDDER MODDERZ DON' WAN HELP WIT IT
because you can't be expected to code with someone else's changes in mind. mods made to dick with how vanilla does shit are obviously going to fight with mods that change how vanilla does shit.

tried searching the instance for "mapwriter"? or go find the stupid thing on curseforge and check the filename. I can't be assed to check to tell you what to search, but some shit gets shunted around by forge at startup if it's in \mods\ .

That actually happened last time visitors knocked out torches by accident.
I fucked him up with power armor and a shotty tho

i did both, but didn't find anything

as it's for trainserb i just redownloaded the pack, the latest version got rid of it

I fucking despise how little cooperation there is in the modding community. Nobody wants to share their knowledge, or relay information to other modders that can help everyone's stuff run more smoothly. Like, are there even fresh tutorials for 1.10 modding?

mods.curse.com/modpacks/minecraft/246818-fire-in-the-pipe-2

>yfw there is empirical evidence optifine causes "Already Tesselating!" crashes when present under certain circumstances, especially when present with Galacticraft
>yfw turning on lazy chunkloading will fuck your game up
>yfw multithreaded chunkloading will leave unloaded chunk holes everywhere because mineycrafty can't handle it

>>>still pushing le ebin anti-optifine maymay
>okay user, we get it, you have a beastly rig that doesn't need mods that help make the game work, and are too dumb to use anything in the performance tab without crashing your game.
t. optifine shill

Zyklon-B over IP when

Reminder this exists, try and contribute something on it:
mcgeneral.wikia.com/wiki//mcg/_Wikia

>only 48
a proper treefarm trivializes that

modwiki.temporal-reality.com/mw/index.php/Main_Page
mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Does anybody happen to know which mod in the "All the Mods" modpack changes textures such as brick and glass? Asking for a friend...

>>yfw there is empirical evidence optifine causes "Already Tesselating!" crashes when present under certain circumstances, especially when present with Galacticraft
It also sometimes happens with BuildCraft and Tinker's Construct. More common on machines with more cores - when I was debugging the issue to someone with a high-end PC, we got to a point where looking at a far away TCon smeltery or BC pipe network triggered the crash in mere seconds, and disabling everything to do with threaded chunkloading seemed to have fixed it.

Isn't that Quark?

Cheers user. Finally I can disable it. Can't decide whether or not I prefer the pumpkin, andesite, granite and diorite textures though...

>Arse magica updated to 1.10.2

>1.10.2
boooooo

Toxic jungle procces? Also is everyone on trainserb discord?

>is everyone on trainserb discord?
There's about 60 people in there atm, with at least half online

Why would you lie about this? For what purpose?

Wikia's design never fails to make me nauseous. Is there really nowhere else to make a free wiki nowadays?

So its true that discords kill generals...

github.com/Growlith1223/ArsMagica2/releases/tag/v1.5.0-6

>mfw "there's totally this thing but I'm not proving it, just claiming proof exists"
>mfw I have that on and haven't had a single problem
>mfw I run into that shit even without optifine because minecraft was shoddily coded by notch and dinnerbong keeps making it more shoddily coded
>mfw I have no face

>hurr he said my meme is bullshit I'll call him a shill!
nigger I fucking WISH I was paid to tell idiots off. I might actually be able to afford taking my cat the vet, with all the retards the internet has to offer.

having never had optifine-related crashes I don't know what to tell you. then again
>when I was debugging the issue to someone with a high-end PC
>using a "make the toaster not cry as much" mod on a PC that isn't a toaster
I'm reminded of a few years ago when fags in here insisted optifine did nothing at all, which was also bullshit.

the worst shit that I've ever had out of optifine in the ~4 years I've been using it have been some z-fighting in layered textures (and not even all layered textures.) and certain twilight forest plants disappearing when pointed at directly, way back before the mod even tried to have some kind of forced progression shit. and I don't even leave all the performance tab shit turned off. yet you memelords keep insisting optifine crashes everything.

I'm running around with an ancient-ass dualcore athlon, less than eight gigs of ram, and a secondhand GT520. the only crashes I get out of minecraft on this toaster are startup FML shenanigans like "lol you forgot the mod this other one you have uses as a base, faggot". just what you dumbasses who can afford a semi-current rig manage to do to make optifine crash the universe is a mystery to me.

where's assie, I'd rather argue with someone whose stupidity isn't based on memes for a while.

What you dont like about it? Is it that its hard to find all the articles or is it due to plain bad desing of the wiki? You can also help to make it pretty or to expand it as well.

welcome to the western world, where cooperation is preached but not practiced. everybody's in it for their own ego.

and why would you find tutorials for modding a shit version that people shouldn't be using, anyway?

Here's the console log from a crash I had due to an optifine rendering error on trainserb.
>pastebin.com/7btEXT8c
And here's the log.
>pastebin.com/X6GQacat

A lot of optifine's features are specifically build for toasters, and probably don't play well with modern cpus.
Or something.

90% of the time optifine "related" crashes have nothing to do with it, but in some cases they do actually happen.

t. not the faggot you were arguing with

the readthedocs thing is too incomplete to be useful, but mcjty's guide is pretty good
crayfish also has a pretty decent guide

Those really aren't beginner friendly, you need someone to walk you through the code and not just vomit it all at once on the keyboard.

>implying this general hasn't been on death's door for a year
>implying shitposting about 99% for TS2 hasn't kept it propped up for weeks

I'll make sure to crosspost my screenshots here too

>unoptimized wheel
>when you want to tren but da serb won't let you

JEsus Christ is Pam's Harvestcraft still lurking around in modpacks, full of bloat?

(I'm seriously at the point where I wish the crap had been given EMC-values just to I could add ProjectE in and make everything into alchemical soy paste)

>page 10

where come the TRAINs

way too extreme wtf

Slowpoke here. Going to need you guys to come in on Saturday to test modpacks. Yeahhh. And probably Sunday, you're going to need to come in Sunday to test modpacks too. And I'm going to send you another copy of that memo for the cover sheet on your modpack test reports.

Yeahhh. That'll be great. Thanks.

I can't really get into any tech mods anymore. I think I'm going to go pure magic from here on.

ok ts2 will be down for a bit (~16 hours, basically until tomorrow) to do pregen out to 8k.
So the gig is we're putting it on Thermos now to help control Mobs deleting 50%+ of TPS. This will mean we can drop tickdynamic, that's what has been causing weird block-lag and fuckery with trains.

after the world is pregenned out to 8k that's it, there's gonna be a world border put in place. Thermos and RTG DO NOT mix, so there's no point in having a possibility of worldgen when it'll just suffer from the chunk decoration problems.

tl;dr downtime until its back up, sorry folks. this is an investment for better performance

>wall at 8k
Guess I know where I'm building my next base

Have to build an outer line that circles the whole border in track. :^)

WE
ARE GOING
TO BUILD
A WALL

>wanting to connect the Taurian Concordant and Marian Hegemony

>world border
REEEEEEEEE

Wait what, is the old map being deleted and a new one is being pregenned?

If we're worried about entity tps, why don't we have item entities stacking?

no the existing map is getting more pregen

Oh had to reread the other post again, didn't make sense at first.

nope. adding MORE PREGEN

>stacking item entities
I've heard the action of stacking item entities itself causes some amounts of lag, but may have been memes.

The main problem with entities is mobs. Mobs currently chew up 50%+ of tick time. TickDynamic has sort-of helped; its reduced mob's deleting the CPU but also means items dropped and literally any other Entity or TE suffers from not being updated often enough.

since thermos seems to be stable enough with the pack we can cap mob spawns using it and circumvent the problem of
>1500 monsters killed

>Mobs currently chew up 50%+ of tick time
Amazing considering how uselessly retarded they are.

Does trainserb have Thaumcraft? What about Witchery or even arse magica?