Memes aside, is it really that bad of a car?

memes aside, is it really that bad of a car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uwPmkzZOhDI
nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A good car wouldn't be slower than a minivan

It's not slower than a minivan you dumb fuck

Its not a bad car but your boy racer fantasies will experience soul crushing disappointment.

Its not bad at all. Last i checked the ones fitted with factory TRD suspension where meming stock-slick class in United States Solo II (Autocross) really hard. I think its more a case that its basically just a pretty decent nice RWD sportscar but it was over-hyped like it was the Jesus reborn and everybody got burned out hearing how great it was from the press.

Friend who races at nationals and who has people asking him to drive their own cars since he can squeeze more out of it then they can 99% of the time basically said "its not bad in anyway but it isn't anything particularly special, i'd rather buy a lighter used RWD car from the 90s like a 1st gen Miata"

To put it in Initial D speak, any unique 'aura' it actually has was lost because the media over-hyped it so hard. Doesn't mean it isn't actually a great car, but it isn't the jesus of 21st century sports cars either.

They still haven't fixed this fucking torque dip.
>good car
>this dyno sheet
Pick one.

About $1K for headers and a tune and you remove dip and have +20whp. And you lose around 10lb. while you're at it. Yeah, it would have been nice to have those things stock when they did the refresh, but whatever.

It's astounding how ugly the new bumper cover is.

That's why you get a BRZ + performance pack.

or wait for the STi version

It sounds like the STi is just going to be a few cosmetic changes, a couple of useless chassis braces, and maybe a fart cannon. If that's the case, it won't be worth the additional thousands they want over the Limited + PP.

No, but it has no power and a torque dip.

For the money you can buy something better used.

>For the money you can buy something better used.
That's true for every new car

>For the money you can buy something better used.
You could say that about almost any car ever made.

mah nigga

>maserati body kit

for what purpose

i dont know, i dont care, i like it

It's certainly overrated. if you want muh feels you buy an old sports car for less money, you want to go faster you buy virtually anything else.

Find me a minivan that is faster than the 86
That would be fucking rad

Hey fuck you pal cavaliers are great cars

I shouldn't have to drop $1,000 right after buying a new car to fix some shitty issue that shouldn't exist in the first place.

There is literally no reason to buy a new 86 over a new BRZ.

Ever seen a Cayman dyno?

Weird, motortrend rated it better than the M2, Focus RS, and Camaro v6 ILE in their last comparison. All those cars are way faster.

Daily reminder

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=uwPmkzZOhDI

Going by the mountain of awards and glowing reviews, no, it is not a bad car.

It won't win dragraces stock, but that isn't what it's for. If you want an affordable FR drivetrain layout with (nearly) perfect weight distribution that can swing around tight corners doing 60, this is your car, because nothing else fits the bill.

no its not that bad, the only thing bad about it is its owners and lack of power + torque
The fact it's RWD is great and it looks pretty good
But owners get all hot and saucy if you tell them the truth, it's slow everybody knows it's slow except them and they will try to defend it's honor and get real annoying instead of just accepting it and moving on
>inb4
>IT IS FAST
>MUH RWD

I raise your minivan to an actual van.

No 86 owner over 20 years old will tell you this car is fast.

>instantaneously recognized by thumbnail as another shit worthless toyota

It's not a bad car. It simply looks much quicker than it really is.

200HP at the crank is really about 50 horses too few.

>Able to identify cars by a thumbnail

Wow user, you must know a lot about cars!

>put a 2jz in it
problem solved

>putting an iron block behemoth over the front wheels to completely fuck the handling

i prefer 2j's over ls's, but i'll take an aluminum block ls3 any day.

not to mention 2j transmissions are retarded expensive because of stupid niggers & their jdm tax

>muh nurmenburger

Actual minivans, not some one of a kind, racing versions or yuropean limited editions

looks like somebodies moving the goal post :^)

(^:
but to be honest, i can only think of dodge caravan turbo, but then again i don't know how fast these things were as everyone makes them out to be

I like Toyota but any fucking engine from Toyota that makes more than 100 horsepower gets sold for stupid amounts of money even the black top 4age is being sold for stupid amounts of money now

The zafira isn't any of those things.

It's marginally quicker than a car with the same sized engine but no turbo, so it's obviously better in every way.

Levin BZ-Rs are like 2-3k here.

When was the last time you saw a Zafira OPC?

/thread

The bodykit is standard....it just has Tom's tail lights and a Hachiroku badge at the back and old school Toyota badge at the front

>nothing else fits the bill.

but thats wrong, child

It's quite attractive irl. Pictures don't do it justice.

Find me a new car that is this cheap, handles the same and is a 2+2?

Slightly less often than I see 86s.

Anyway my point was that it doesn't matter that more powerful cars are more powerful than the 86 because that's no the point of a 200hp sports car.

And what look like IS-F exhaust tips.

>GT86
>Memes aside

Then there is nothing to talk about.

Is that a JDM only 86 bumper or something?

>MUH V8 MURICAN HORSEPOWER
the Mustang is more of a meme than the 86.

Read the filename, newfag.

Ik, too lazy to search up whatever the fuck cb is

Yeah, some kinda weird luxury model I think.

Called the cb.

Looks like a fish and seems it belongs in a bond film.

some nip special edition

Looks more like a catfish than that meme Camaro

nips love their special editions

if the alfa 4c can get 240hp out of a 1.8l engine why can the gt86 only 200hp out of a 2l engine?

I mean sure the 4c is full of turbos but still there should be a little bit more possible.

ayy lmao

why is the hyundai genesis doing bad too

>gook car
Don't expect much son

That guy's a very good driver.

100hp/liter on N/A is gud.

I like it how fags like you keep crying "but that's not what it's for!" and never ever can actually describe what it IS for without using flowery shit language with feels and emotions

this

It's a fun car to be enjoyed on technical roads, is that so hard to grasp?

They're not attaching a turbo?
Weak dude.

>technical roads
So is nurburgring too technical or something?

What the fuck does "fun" and "technical" even mean? Fun is a buzzword you use when you can't figure out or come up with a reason why something is good so you fall back on subjectivity

Just add a normal engine instead of the flat meme shit

Dude, are you the same WRX shitposter that gets a hard-on beating Civics and 86's at the stoplights? Let other people enjoy their cars the way they are meant to rather than circlejerking at the local car meets

>can't rebut
>talks about some meme

OK so what exactly makes a road technical and how is the brz somehow better than other cars despite being significantly slower?

>I enjoy being so slow I'm slower than minivans. Lemme be slow if I want to its my right to be retarded

>Let other people enjoy their cars the way they are meant
What or how is the brz meant to be driven? Because all I still see is all the things it isn't meant for and nothing as to what it is meant for

Because every other car is better than the brz86
See

>Getting triggered by WRXfags
kek

Where did I mention the brz being better than any car? I simply said it's an enjoyable toy for curvy roads. Do you have all freeways if so sorry for your loss.
Can you not read? I said curvy technical roads, do you not have any?
Nobody is triggered they are completely different cars that shouldn't even be compared

It's a nice looking car, but Toyota royally fucked up by not giving it more power.
It's marketed as a "sports car" but it has less power than their mid-range sedan.

The 86 is a 2-liter, 4-cylinder, 200HP.
The Camry is a 3.5-liter, v6, 268HP.

In case you're wondering, the Sienna, the minivan, is a 24-valve, 300HP v6.

>all they had to do is drop the turbo flat four found in the levorg

are toyota and subaru stupid?

>technical roads
so nurburgring isnt technical?

Yes but the sienna weighs a lot more than the 86 so the comparison makes no sense

Nurburgring is a road your shitbox will never see

I love racing slow cars in my WRX.

C'mon, you and I both know the WRX is better for both. Just enjoy your car dude, who cares what some fags on the Internet think? You're getting way too insecure about this.

But I'm not insecure about it, just letting people know facts. Brz handles better than a wrx and has way more direct steering. WRX has speed and stability at higher speeds

>Where did I mention the brz being better than any car?
I don't car if you weren't talking about it because I know you simply can't. It seems your ONLY thing you can write home about is subjectivity and you have no objective things to point out in anyway.

>Can you not read? I said curvy technical roads, do you not have any?
This isn't some magical feature of the brz being somehow excellent or better at curvy roads because this has nothing to do with the car. You're purposely being obfuscation pointing out these pointless things like "curvy roads" which based on the nurburgring being an excellent example of a turn saturated track with over 170 turns, the brz isn't great at those at all. So your association between the brz and curvy roads is shit.

People bring up the wrx because the wrx is the same price as a brz and the wrx is better in every single metric

yes

although mazda is pretty stupid too

I'll race you in my Sienna.

>Brz handles better than a wrx and has way more direct steering.
It physically can't, the fact that it's so slow the wrx out performs it in every way. It can't be more agile it can't take turns faster in any situation

Get ready for my 170 hp shitbox user

Yes but they get a pass because the mazda 3 and 6 are very good looking

>wrx is better in every single metric
That's where you are mistaken
Wrx/sti has loose noodle steering and poor seating position as well

>Wrx/sti has loose noodle steering and poor seating position as well
Oh boy it's this seating nonsense again. Face it kid the brz is slow and not good at literally any and everything. The wrx is faster the steering being a "noodle" doesn't mean shit and you're just making up excuses now

nigger are you pretending to be autistic?

the toyobaru has one of the best centers of gravity in a production car, & you're gonna tell me it doesn't handle well compared to a fat camry?

you're literally saying that because the wrx is faster it handles better than the toyobaru.

using that logic a fucking drag car handles better than a miata.

WRX has better seating position than the EVO at least. The steering is only bad on center.

I own both cars, what the fuck do I know... I'm giving an unbiased of the two cars and you can't accept that your WRX isn't perfect. Calm down your autism

For clarification, pre 2015 STIs had shit steering amd WRXs have always had shit steering

Except I test drove new wrx's/sti's before buying my 2005 in September. It was LITERALLY the same loose indirect steering

>the toyobaru has one of the best centers of gravity in a production car
That doesn't help it at all because its still got awful agility and speed. Its evident everywhere.

>you're literally saying that because the wrx is faster it handles better than the toyobaru.
Yes I am. It accelerates faster, it takes tighter turns quicker, it negotiates chicanes and hairpin turns WAY faster. The fact that its better than the BRZ in all these ways proves its far more agile and can move better. The lesser weight and lower center of gravity doesn't help the BRZ enough to compete at all.

I'm comparing them because they're the same price by the same manufacturer and its retarded to buy something that is literally inferior in every way.

No you fucking don't. You're the one faggot that is in every BRZ86 thread shilling out your ass. You yell at everyone saying "thats not what its meant for" or "thats not what it was made for" or "thats not how its meant to be" and all the things you shill for that it isn't and yet you can't name one feature or facet of the car where it is superior than another. All of its statistics from center of gravity and weight don't help it. An AWD car that weighs some 500 pounds more is beating you at the things that low weight and low center of gravity should give you advantage at which tells me that its poor in those same fields.

So yea when I compare them and we see them on tracks like the nurburgring

nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

The WRX STi from 2010 gets 7'55 and the BRZ gets 8'44 thats a GIGANTIC difference. This shows how the WRX is beating the BRZ around the slow, high complexity turns in the beginning to the tight high speed turns in the northern parts and who cares about the straight away because we already know. The WRX is faster, more agile, and better in every way. But it seems all you have going for you is seating position.

Jesus look at this triggered sperg, "laptimes" don't even care

People compare the WRX and BRZ because they're the same price but the BRZ is worse in every way