/owg/ - Overwatch General

Chinese New Year event lasts until February 13.

>When does Season 3 end?
Probably late February / early March.

>Live Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752795395#post-1

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Discord:
discord.gg/Mzpx4Yh

>Permalink
owg.pleb.pl

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/hfxz4xi2
clyp.it/ro4b2bnu
youtu.be/KshBUgq36jU?t=54s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerspace
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Blue French girl

Friendly reminder high stats with unpopular heroes matter more than having a really high win ratio.
Also avoid loss streaks and ride them win streaks

Friendly reminder the "lore" is just an ad-hoc mess of fan fiction and the gameplay has no relation to it so why do you even care

Let's play a good version of Overwatch

Brown Egyptian Girl

Give me one good reason not to leave a match the instant someone instapicks junkrat/hanzo/widowmaker

hardmode: no husbundo/waifu bullshit

Breed.

>Good version
>Has Ana and Mei

Nice to see he'll keep making stuff of her.

>no Amari to cuddle with

>hair actually looks like hair instead of clay
Noice.

Sombra online.

is consecutive QP the best xp grind?

>tfw you hear the charge of her Widow's Kiss
>tfw you get that *dink*

I love Hana.

Almost certainly. Comp gets more XP per win/loss but the games are far far longer you can play 2-3 QP games and get far better xp/hour.

Is placing at low gold ok?

Yeah, let's go.

Comp? Obvious reasons.
QP? There are no good reasons.

>get 3 golds and a 39% of team damage card
>they vote for the lucio
thanks ASSHOLES

>Give me one good reason not to leave a match the instant someone instapicks junkrat/hanzo/widowmaker

Because you'd never get to play.

>have the area that my main box appears in hero select memorized
>instinctually hover over it
>have this memorized for all of them

I've been playing too much

Gotta tip your healers xD

Because Hanzo is fucking ridiculous if they can land scattershots at feet

Why was Symmetra taken out?

I only vote for myself, usual cards or someone if they did something outstanding.

Everyone else can get fucked. Most of the cards are just for generic gameplay

>damage blocked, healing done, damage done

etc, all worthless.

A good Widow can carry a game, there aren't many good Widows though. Hanzo is in close to the same spot as her. A Junkrat that can actually aim is lethal as hell. Any hero is good if you can actually use them right. Wait for them to be bad before tilting.

Ok what the fuck is going on? 8 games and all 8 were infested with Brazilians. Been playing since day 1 and this is first time I see them. Is there a free to play week I dont know?

You're an asshole. I don't vote because I'm like wow good job, I vote because they get bonus xp for getting an epic. It's just a nice thing to do. If you see someone with 4 votes why not give them a little bonus xp? Be a good guy

Wut.

Are you retarded?

Time to discuss. I underlined the point of focus. This bio is implying.

For over 20 years, a cloaked figured called the Reaper has been involved in many armed conflicts and terrorist attacks. Ghosting through battlefields like smoke, he sucks the life from his victims.

He is currently targeting Overwatch agents and systematically eliminating them.

Here is what conflicts with it:

>the explosion was only 5-6 years ago
>he has never sucked the life out of any victim, in shorts or in the comics
>seeing life orbs and gaining life from them is a gameplay element and non-canonical.
>Reaper has only ever be following Talon's orders, both in shorts and comics
>Reaper was unsuccessful in retrieving the list of current and former Overwatch agents in Recall, he should "technically" not know where any agents are

Despite all this, the bio is intention. Discuss how this could be possible or what the hell Chu is planning as an excuse for all these issues.

LEARN
FUCKING
ENGLISH

>that *dink*

clyp.it/hfxz4xi2
clyp.it/ro4b2bnu

The lore is retard and has no relevance to the game, so who cares.

When a sudden influx of BRs start infecting an online game thats a sign the game is dying. Happens with every MMO too.

>play comp
>kings row
>cap first point in minute
>one of the players on the enemy team leaves
>automatic win
Sad this shit happens from time to time

Sometimes they put us in NA. Blame Blizzard. It's not like I love playing with 150ms instead of the usual 10

Stop replying to every lore inquiry with this reply. The amount of people that care about your opinion are even less. In fact it's only you.

Are you not talking about the cards after game? The player who gets an epic gets a little more xp. You've never gotten an epic or something?

>Play some comp
>Cant pick Genji
>Have to play tank Zarya
>Get Masters on my team
>They like my Zarya
>They add me
>Tfw afraid of letting people down

if u r into this game for it's lore...

mate.... I have news for u

The whole reason I made the post was because of this.

Threadly reminder that Sombra is a creepy rapist.

She will fuck with your kids if you disobey her.

With this being Blizzard, I have an idea

It's basically the Lich King but Reaper

There was the original (Talon?) Reaper, who was killed, or destroyed in some way.

When Gabe's broken body was recovered, they turned him into the new Reaper, and he immediately went off to get revenge on the people who he thinks betrayed him

How about she fucks me instead

Stop replying fucboi

That's gay and I hate you

>still having troubles wth Mei

Not denying she can be annoying but it isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

As much I would love to discuss, we just don't have any other angle that we can approach this question from other than "wait for more" or "its a mistake". The lore is so paperthin and we can't do anything about it.

>people who different opinions are not allowed

kys, this isn't some interesting or deep story. It's hamfisted blizzard shit.

I vote for the guy who I noticed who did well regardless of he was teammate or enemy.

We're trying to save you from looking like a complete fucking loser.

>people who different opinions are not allowed
Isn't that what you're doing?

No, I just said it was shit so why care.

You said I can't say that.

That sounds strangely feasible for Blizzard, hope they come up with something better.

Explain reaper. Everything else in this game involving abilities is explained with science but him.

>how can he magically teleport?
>how can be magically turn into a ghost?
>how the actual fuck can he not only see souls of dead people but fucking eat them to heal?

it doesn't matter

I hate it too and it pained me to type out

But Blizzard has a habit of doing way too many "There must always be" and "Corruption" so I wouldn't be surprised if it leaks into Overwatch

You know that's actually a really good theory. And it's probably the same way with Doomfist.

Overwatch destroyed the original Reaper. So Talon captured Reyes, changed him, and forced him into becoming the new Reaper. That would be cliche but... I'd put up with it.

Only if they add some detail about the original Reaper. Not just toss him off as this former evil that isn't relevant at all.

>Why was Symmetra taken out?
took out scrubby shit out of principle (hinse why I removed McCree), but also because Symmetra is OP

Stop stalking these threads Randy

Venom Reaper?

>Shimada dragons have no explination

The bio says its cellular regeneration. So him turning into a ghost is just seperating his cells and him eating souls is just him consuming their cells.

As for the teleportation, no idea.

>enemy team has a perfect 2/2/2 comp
>my team has a hanzo, bastion and 1 support

I can't get out of gold with shit like this

>Gameplay
>Something some cells dispersing yadda yadda
>Gameplay

Although I always thought the whole shriveled corpse thing might be him just trying to get melanin or something from the cells that his cells need like that X-Files episode.

Love it when an enemy leaves
Hate it when a teammate does

It's not even just hamfisted Blizzard shit, these shit eaters that speculate and wait for the newest bit of "lore" are essentially fanficfags in denial

Mercy can bring people back from the dead and the Shimada bros summon literal magic dragons. There's a little more than just super science at work.

I want to stop losing.

No your just spamming it

>tfw too intelligent for sombra's spray pattern

If you hadn't played competitive before I have a feeling gold or platinum is the rank you would be placed in, since they only have data for your placements. Otherwise you are apparently below average according to the community.

>need one more win for a loot box in arcade
>suddenly getting my shit pushed in every single match
help

>Ilios
>team is utter shit and gets curpstomped in less than two minutes each match
>everyone wants to stay as a group

No, fuck you retards, you may enjoy doing nothing but I want to at least try to win.

I like lore just as much as any lorefag but it's the truth in this case, we will never get the lore and character development we want.. we can only headcanon

this game has little to no character development or lore development for me to get attache so Im mostly here for the gameplay

What the fuck does that mean

the first two are his cells simultaneously degenerating and regenerating
>how the actual fuck can he not only see souls of dead people but fucking eat them to heal?
He's allowed to pull that shit because he cosplays Malthael

But will they ever explain where he gets all his guns from?

>took out scrubby shit out of principle
>gengu
>lesbo
>all defense heroes

Man there are a lot of slavs on europe. I don't like it.

I've only said it twice, once at the start the thread and once in reply to you.

youtu.be/KshBUgq36jU?t=54s

WOAH THERE
bangbangbangbangbangbang :^)

>But will they ever explain where he gets all his guns from?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerspace

>Scrubby shit" is how he says "Characters that rape me every match because I suck".

>want to play different heroes
>there is zero reason not to play the few very high impact ones like hog, zarya, soldier or ana

I'm not questioning the mcclick removal, mind you.

It's gonna be a hard time to climb. Everyone picks their favorite DPS and I'm stuck with having to either pick Rein or solo heal, along with next to nobody talking.

says the guy who clammered for Genji nerfs

Forgot about those. Good point

>tfw too intelligent for /owg/

I prefer "characters that ruin my games because only shitters play them and act like this objective based team game is in fact death match" wording, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

>tfw farming welfare boxes in mystery heroes
it's actually quite funny

triple symmetra will beat anything tho

hey man I dropped down to 3100 then went all the way back up 3600 in 2 and a half days

>what the hell Chu is planning as an excuse for all these issues.
Nothing. He's a hack who's gonna throw another confirmed gay, trans, helicoptersexual at us to steer people's attention away from his incompetence

>playing comp
>friend is on the enemy team
>he locks Zarya because I'm a Zarya main
>I destroy him
>we win 3-0