One reason why not to

I'm almost 100% set on buying a S550 Ecoboost Mustang. My parents know this, they are also okay with it. I have yet to drive an EB, but one of my friends have the current V6 so i felt the car, and i like it.

The issue is, I always loved yuro cars, coming from yurop I guess. While I'd be more than fine with the EB I'm sure some part of me will always say "coulda bought E92 335i instead" (which is one of my dream cars). Is there a way to solve this?

tldr: i like a car, probably will end up buying it, but something feels lacking. wat do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iWcs0ErIFMU
youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4&t=26s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's heavy and not as fast as you think. I have a friend who owns one, and he really regrets it.

Go with the E92 335i.

Buy a s197 gt instead you fuckin cuck

Oh yeah I forgot to say

>ecoboost

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i know its not fast, 0-60 in 6.7s (we measured)
it also doesnt feel too fast either, nor special
the seating position is kinda high and the interior ergonomics is nonexistent, my elbow would rest on the hard plastic where the armrest ends...
nah dude, S197 second facelift okay but nah, not driving one of those. friend has a 06 S197 and that is literally everything the "american cars are built shit" meme in real life

OP again
the car looks absolutely beautiful in ruby red, with simple cosmetic mods it'd look amazing in my mind. EB also I feel like it'd give me the "european" vibe, handling is decent and a 2.3T engine sounds like a shittier version of a A5 2.0T or a 3er coupe with 4cyl...

I saw some 428i xDrive's for sale around $25-30k, but no manuals and/or sDrive versions and i really dont want AWD although illinois weather...

You will come to a point where you'll regret not just getting the V8.
I mean, maybe you're willing to dump cash into the Ecoboost motor but the car is still going to lack the charm of a V8. As far as I know mustang guys don't give a fuck about Ecoboost cars.

no to be honest, "engine" mods wont go past a tune/CAI/removing mufflers
i dont have the time (ie dont want to bother) for "building" an engine, i dont intend to do more than simple maintenance to it anyway.

>My parents know this, they are also okay with it
Why do you need your parents consent?

Just get a used GT. I am pretty sure that you can get a used s550 gt for the price of a brand new ecoboost or get a ls camaro/firebird (1998 and up)

I own one. Love it. Turns better than the GT because less weight in the front end. Performance pack and manual is required to make it fun, otherwise it's really gay.

I don't feel the need for GT power, honestly. But I didn't go from a more powerful car to this as my daily, either. And daily it I do. It's fun and extremely usable on the street, and in my mind, that's its allure.

"mustang guys" drive into crowds, 'trick out' their shit to be horrendous looking, and focus on quarter mile times. I'm okay with them not giving a fuck about the ecoboost.
youtube.com/watch?v=iWcs0ErIFMU
video related. a "mustang guy"

>I purposely buy the slow and less desirable mustang so I don't embarrass myself

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why on earth would anyone buy that instead of a FoRS

eurofag here. this mustang gen is the most euro-looking of all time, hands down. Has some 'astonesque' styling, in a good way.

Do it. Only drawback is that it is not the v8.

yeah pretty much. it was cheaper, insurance was cheaper, and it's faster than old non-coyote V8s.
Like said, it's fun. I mean, the only people who give a shit is cars and coffee and Veeky Forums, so the 'embarrassment' is a small price to pay for a fun car that was very affordably priced.

>My parents know this, they are also okay with it.

> i have yet to drive an EB
> yet to drive
>yet

Really activated my almonds. seriously op are you retared? You are ging to buy a car you have yet to drive???
> b-but my friends veesix!

The engine is a different beast completly, what is forced induction? Seriously i am a mustang fan, but seeing somekne jumo into a car without any second thought is retareded. Go to a dealership and test drive it. Also test drive a geetee and make sure you wont leave with buys remorse. Maybe even, i dont know test drive multiple cars instead of making the new car cuck mistake and going with the first one you want.

>I-it t-turns better!

The denial is painful... rolling up next to a gt and hearing that veeate burble mist be suffering as they pull from you..

not really. I was never one for the retard "please pull me over" loud exhaust which turns heads at 2000 rpm. I appreciate good V8 noise but it's not 'worth it'. Not worth the initial cost.
maybe if it was an exotic sound, like a GT350, or a Mercedes V8, or Ferrari or something, maybe. But not a regular GT.

>pull from you
do you race everyone you see at stoplights?

It all comes down to if you use the extra hp from the GT or not. My neighbor bought a C7 over a base camaro because he said he wanted something with more power. All he does with his c7 is drive to go to dinner on the weekends with his wife. I mean, if money is no object then buy what you like but its such a waste of power if the person does absolutely nothing with the extra hp.

He gets more pussy than you do

>projecting this hard
nigga I'm married

>coulda bought E92 335i instead" (which is one of my dream cars).
Bit of an odd choice for a dream car. Not a bad car, though.

Think of it like this, the S550 is iconic while the E9x is nondescript (unless you're familiar with the Rodge). The Mustang has a reputation for stoplight fuckery and plowing into pedestrians, while every 3 Series looks the same and your top trim turbocharged straight six is lumped in with the lifeless 316i once leased by a perpetually pissed off middle class white collar worker who knew his wife was fucking his neighbor on the sly.

You can build both up but do you want a turbocharged 4 forever overshadowed by its V8 top trim, or a sleeper turbocharged 6 wrapped in a sleek European shell?

>Buying a new car instead of funneling that $26,000+ into a Fox

Thanks for proving me right.

Because its nice to know if parents are ok with that you batman faggot

Europoor here. Mustang is my dream car also but I'll never be able to afford it so now I'm dreaming about Fiesta ST. If I had the money I'd go with the V8 , people are saying on the internet that there is not much of a difference to mpg capabilities compared to the 2.3 ecoboost.

Basically I can flog it constantly and get 20MPG in the ecoboost, and I can get 30 going 75mph highway.
If I do the same two things with the GT (and consulting with my coworker with a new GT) I'm looking at 12 and 25. Fuel economy isn't why I get the 2.3, but the claims that it gets similar mileage are a little silly. it depends on your driving habits. I don't think people treat V8s and small displacement turbo cars the same on the street, despite what is claimed.
Looking at Fuelly, the 2015 mustangs (400k miles recorded) have an average of just shy of 19 for the GT and 24 for the Ecoboost.

Yes but don't you need premium for Ecoboost?

That offsets your mpg.

>he has a chance to buy an older v8 but he doesn't want to
>"looking cool is all that matters in a car"
>"who gives a shit about performance"
>"not me because i'm too fucking autistic"

in case you didn't realize, a muscle car with no v8 is an econobox with a cool looking body strapped to it.

its literally the exact opposite of a sleeper.

why are people this fucking stupid?

>inb4 muh emmpeegees
>inb4 muh insurance costs
>inb4 muh can't use all the power

all you deserve to drive is an econobox for the rest of your life if you have this autistic mentality.

I have a 16 GT premium with PP and I wouldn't trade the V8 for anything. I think you'll truly regret the EcoBoost if you go and test drive a V8. Especially if you test drive one with a catback, the noise is intoxicating. I've had a catback on mine since about 400 miles on the car and it makes me laugh every single time i even moderately accelerate.

Because he lives at home with his parents and he needs their consent before he takes out a 7-year loan to pay for his 4 cylinder mustang which will practically guarantee that he'll be living in the basement until he's 30.

You don't "have to" put premium in either, but both engine's advertised horsepower ratings are with 93.

get something with 4doors for more whores

i didnt say i'd buy it today??
of course i'm going to drive it first; GT i won't do because i really do not trust myself with a V8 haha

quite the opposite, parents are far away in yurop when i'm studying in america

any decent european options for $20k?
i feel like a W221 can be had but s class is too big

which catback do you own? Also do you have the regular seats or the recaros?

where ya' live senpai? New or Used? You really want meme-tier european reliability/parts cost? Why not a Corvette?

>V6 Ecoboost

Get the e92

I don't have the Recaros, but I hear they're really nice. The leather seats are nicely bolstered so I haven't felt a need for them. I'd like to sit in one with them to see if I would ever consider swapping for them. The exhaust is a solo performance street race catback.

This.

Every mustang I've seen in the UK is a V8. If you don't want dat V8 you might as well get some other car

champaign, new or used doesn't matter as long as $25k limit. euro cars (at least in my experience) dont have the "meme tier reliability", the house has owned a variety of cars from E39 528i, 1st gen CLS, 2004 A6 2.5TDI Quattro, Opel Insignia, Nissan Qashqai, Renault Fluence etc etc list goes on. to be fair the CLS was a piece of shit but it was the only car we bought used too. A6 shat the bed around 200k KM, where the turbo fucked up and we sold the car. so yeah, european "reliability" isnt an issue at least on my end. i also do not like vette's, I could fuck with a C5 but a girl i knew has one and i dont want to own a C5, C7 is expensive and C6 i dont like.

i mean makes sense, but V8 feels like itd be too nose heavy and insurance costs too (im 18), just doesnt feel feasible for me and its easier to convince parents for a 2.3 liter turbo than a V8.

Oh my gawd that is really slow. I beat one with 3 people in my car once, I thought the guy wasnt giving it the full beans but I guess he was.

yeah man
i was with a friend, she opened the clock app on her phone while i was doing the built in timer on the car, the clock said 6.60 car said 6.7 but yeah, very slow for a "sports car"

I would recommend either getting the v8 or just going for the BMW/something luxury. A quality yuopean car is a delight to sit in, and you feel happy every time you have to drive somewhere. A mustang does not give this feeling...especially such a slow one. At the very least you should go test drive a 335i. It may be more expensive to maintain but I would feel that it is worth it.

Either that or check out the new camaros. The v6 sounds godly (for a v6) and is very reasonably priced. Not to mention they are full on sports cars.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4&t=26s

Related