twitter.com/hashtag/ACEINF

AC7:

Multi-plat port confirmed.
youtube.com/watch?v=7zxB1ahoz_M&t

PSX 2016 trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=ezm_kZ9Mi20

Returning to Strangereal.
Composed by Keiki Kobayashi.
Directed/written by Sunao Takabuchi and Kosuke Itomi.

This is everything we currently know (or think we know) about AC7:
pastebin.com/SWN1R7tj

AC:I:

>
ace-infinity.bngames.net/

>
infbuild.sorairo.pictures/#011n010001010000000000000001

>
Gold Box? Probably 30 fuckin' tickets

>
asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/ (use Text to export build into text format)

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

>
docs.google.com/document/d/1K3RrtoLfs089WDdEyhmBg6r7ge2j7WS-_-iXkCYOyrg/edit

>
pastebin.com/whkD5Wmh

In other news:
An unbelievably based user is making an AC inspired PC game, 'At Skies Edge': rb-d2.tumblr.com/
Someone else is making an open-source thingy based on AH assets: zxstudio.org/blog/author/razgriz/
Good ol' Razgriz Patch Guy: strangerealpatches.storenvy.com/
RPG Logs database: pastebin.com/m7WgAifw

Because it bears repeating:
>HD Collection Never (ever).
>Don't let it die, dammit.

Other urls found in this thread:

rb-d2.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=qNzjy9GG-0Q&index=13&list=PLL8LTXpdPwE732d5p_1MQRTwclaSIrexR
youtube.com/watch?v=XUPpY5YtLWI
youtube.com/watch?v=rsMg244DvmI
pastebin.com/wp2xP5yN
reddit.com/r/acecombat/comments/5rj0ta/training_mode_confirmed/
reviewjournal.com/news/military/controversial-f-35a-warplane-struts-its-stuff-red-flag-exercise
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Liv
Time for modern warfare dark souls edition

>literally unable to outmaneuver Yellows

Is it even possible? Should I even try to do it in Emancipation or just go for ground targets like a fucking shitter

Using Typhoon btw

Live for real this time
Twitch hiccuped on me

>twitch

dead

Don't turnfight them. The ac04 AI is vulnerable to hit and runs.

Dropship UPF user from the last thread, yeah that was a fun game. A little jank getting used to though.

>It's a "cycle through every single target on your screen except the one on your nose which is the one you want to engage" episode

that thread pic just as I finish ac5 for the first time
Pottery

but man what a game I might even start zero right now

Are you feeling it aceg? The need to be an ace pilot?

Going to be bumping up HD cockpits sooner or later. Sick of having interior shots from shoddy looking cockpits.

Other than that this is a new landscape/map i'm working on for one of the campaign missions.

>An unbelievably based user is making an AC inspired PC game, 'At Skies Edge': rb-d2.tumblr.com/
umm

Whoops, my mistake, sorry about that. Made the OP in a bit of a hurry. I'll change it in the next thread.

Also that looks fuccin amazing

>Now, let us take back our shattered skies

HYPE

>hangar speech
>REX
>REX TREMENDAE
>giant yellow squadron furball
>tunnel runs
>nukes

Not even buddy can stack up

Buddy isn't all that great because PJ a shit so when he dies you're just like "whatever"

Megalith > SOLG > Pixy

Speaking of PJ, does the rest of Crow team just die in Stage of the Apocalypse and never get mentioned?

>10

I don't like Glatisant all that much, but goddamn it has a great track.

youtube.com/watch?v=qNzjy9GG-0Q&index=13&list=PLL8LTXpdPwE732d5p_1MQRTwclaSIrexR

>tfw stole speedrun strats to make glatisant less shit

youtube.com/watch?v=XUPpY5YtLWI

>that shot at 2:47
hnnnnnnngh

This is pretty cool

This is pretty nifty.

Don't forget this youtube.com/watch?v=rsMg244DvmI

The opening shots are pure kino

Who's the best Ace protagonist, and why?

GALM ONE

he's a big guy

The Demon of Ustio, as you can exert some of your personality on him through playstyle. Rest are just blank sheets.

You can argue who had the most impact though, or did the most impressive assignments.

Gonna go with Cipher

>Most impact
Mobius One literally puts an entire country on his back

he's the worst pilot of the big three though

The flight lead of the 6th Air Division 66th Air Force Unit, because he's a true ace.

Storyteller Boy. His experiences are the most cohesive and he has a pretty good story arc.

>most impact
Probably Mobius One or Gryphus One, as they are the most "one-man army" type. Then again things happening in Usea or Leasath/Aurelia don't really seem to matter at all on the world stage when the superpowers are Yuktobania and Osea.

Belkan war could have been won without Cipher, although he did stop a bunch of capital cities form being nuked. It's implied the Belkan war led to overall nuclear disarmament but it's unknown how large the arsenal of each nation were at the time, so this could have been the end of the world or something actually recoverable if he hadn't existed.

Circum-Pacific war would have surely gone exactly as the Grey Men planned without Razgriz and Blaze, however nuclear weapons were out of the picture by then so it would have probably ended with Osea bleeding itself out fighting insurgencies in occupied Yuktobania and getting Belka-style partitioned when the nation started falling apart. Not a world-ending threat though.

>did the most impressive assignments
I'd argue Cipher, overall. He had to fight the Belkan Air Force in its prime and canonically fought all of the ace squadrons in the game. Yellows, Grabacr/Ofnir, Strigon, Alect and whatever else were all either the single named ace squadron of their respective games or just absolute jokes to beat.

I can get Ace Combat AH (along with Pacman 256 and Enslaved) for one dollar. Worth it, or is the game so trash it's not worth bothering with?

AH has a few fun missions, it's worth playing once.

Also disclaimer: haven't played 3 or 2.

None of them have much in the way of characterization, obviously, but probably Mobius 1. Only character from a main game who does it alone.

Though Talisman probably has the highest kill count simply due to the scale of 6.

Also we are live with WiC: pastebin.com/wp2xP5yN

Or at least we will be once it stops being living spaghetti
Get in here for soon™

Too bad DCS has one map you cant mod your own ones in, and the AI is actually worse than ace combats, you can't get them to do anything at all.

I did what you're about to do. So far it's okay, if a bit frustrating.

DFM and ASM irritate the hell out of me though.

No Starfighter, 0/10 uninstall game, microwave hard drive, throw microwave in vat of acid

What's DFM and ASM?

>Forgetting about the absurd amount of shit the Southern Cross had to put up with

Bad game design

William Bishop, because he can counter-maneuver and do some dandy DFM.

Dogfight Mode and Airstrike (I think?) Mode. They rip most of the control away from you and make you play a rail shooter.

It makes for some pretty scenery, but the mandatory control loss irritates me.

You can't forget what you never knew.

Time to fight the reds. Get in here

>10

>I bet the soviets did this

reddit.com/r/acecombat/comments/5rj0ta/training_mode_confirmed/
>"excuse me, he's the Demon Lord of the Ace Combat community"

>all slav planes in color

Damn right

Why are new players called Nuggets?

That's what rookie pilots are called in several of the games.

Is there a reason they're called that even in game?

They eat chicken nuggets for breakfast every day, perhaps?

This is from a dictionary describing Naval pilot terms:

>A rookie aviator, especially one on his first carrier cruise; an "FNG". Nuggets naturally get most of the dirt jobs in the squadron, like boat watches and integrity watches. A nugget usually flies as wingman with the Skipper or one of the squadron's senior aviators.

Cipher:

>Destroyed Excalibur
>Destroyed Hresvelgr
>Defeated over 160 enemy Aces
>Survived two nuclear blasts
>Survived Avalon
>Destroyed V2
>Defeated the one guy who knew the most about him, who also tried to betray him with a prototype aircraft with a tactical laser mounted on
>Shot down Mobius
>Wrecked Belka to kingdom come pretty much single-handedly

>Giving that humongous faggot the title of Demon Lord

>you will never fly super comfy night missions inna B-2 while singing patriotic songs with your co-pilot bro

Forgot to mention that he also defeated AWWNB and saved Strangereal from becoming Strangebelka, so.

that shot with the bailed-out pilot parachuting down to earth with all the SAMs launching around him was top tier

>Cipher shot down Mobius 1
I keep hearing this, but when?

The Gauntlet

Not canon

Obviously not canon.

RIP Cpt. Mark Bannon

Ayy lmao stream soon
Earthlings need not apply

I'm not going to go for a terribly long time, so anyone else wanting to stream, give me a holler and I'll let you have it.

liv

>10

Reminder that nuking your own land is a valid method of self defernse.

We're really ded

>the comment afterwards
"That cringe killed more people than the waldreich nukes"

Reddit is a work of art

>people on leddit actually like Sly

It's okay Tom.
And thanks!

What viewpoint do the majority of players use? I've only been playing 6, but noticed in the earlier ones it has a first person mode.

I usually use hud-view on harder difficulties and in tunnels, and 3rd-person on lower difficulties

100% cockpit view at all times

Do we know what became of the company behind it? HD collection when?

I've always used 3rd person.

I've always used third person cameras in every vehicle-based video game.

Usually I bounce between 3rd person and cockpit. Never use HUD view.

>Patching AC 3
>guide says to put files over unecm.exe
>put them over ecm.exe
>rage autistically

Or they are actually being kiss-ass folks

just get the prepatched files they're in the op somewhere

I usually stick to the HUD view.

RIP

>Leaves fly worst plane
Makes sense desu

Thanks to the magic of emulation I have a few more AC games, and eventually will have the trilogy when I stop being so poor
Is there a recommended order to play them in?

Just play them in release order, it doesn't really matter.

ACAH somehow manages to take all the fun out of shooting down jet fighters and replaces it with tedium.

reviewjournal.com/news/military/controversial-f-35a-warplane-struts-its-stuff-red-flag-exercise
>As of Thursday the F-35’s kill ratio with aggressor jets stood at 15-1, even though the F-35’s primary mission isn’t air-to-air combat, which typically is left up to the Raptor.

>that pic
*pulls out chaffs or flares

Most modern heatseeking air to air missiles are smart enough to tell the difference between the thermal signatures of flares and jet engines.

I always use the third person mode because I generally enjoy watching the plane I'm flying.