Truckerfag thread /tfg/

truck-san edition
>Swift: Best In Crash
>Don't you sign that lease!
>CDL how do? Go through community college or a private driving school, the megacompanies are megaripoffs
>you idiots will argue about anything
>44 Tonnes
>Cat motors are best motors
>Pepsi is Bepis is Benis is Peppu
>piss cleans piss, so sell your piss jugs
>Trucker Gundam is Kenworthy
>ZF grilled Tfag, making her best grill
>Oilfag definitely is or is not a trucker
>Eight billion Prime drivers on this board can't be wrong
>In the future, trucks will be built entirely out of cameras
>bus riders can't handle trucks, moving or parked
>tfw spring 2017 is almost ending
old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
soundcloud.com/kevinrutherford/2017-taxtips
liveleak.com/view?i=df8_1486682943
engelcoolers.com/fridge-freezers/shop-by-fridge-freezer/portable-top-loading
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fucking koreans

>americans

It's actually Nihon.

I'm fucking sick of being a nurse.I have experience driving huge trucks/equipment in the Army and I always liked it. Is there any reason someone shouldn't switch careers to truck driving? I thought maybe driving some sort of delivery truck or trying to get into the USPS would be more simple, but I am open to suggestions.

>I'm fucking sick of being a nurse
Why would you willingly try to move from earning $45/hr to minimum wage?

I am an LPN, I make 16.40 an hour. Being a nurse is not worth the stress, just today I had an old woman I had to order an x-ray for because a nurse aide didn't hook up her wheelchair alarm and she fell(again), it won't be the first time she fractured a hip. Anyhow I thought truckers made a good wage, my brother always did/

>Anyhow I thought truckers made a good wage
Yeah after you grind those levels. As a rookie expect 2 years of hell living out of a cuckbox working 70hrs a week and earning the equivalent of min wage for the hours worked.
After your two years are up if you're lucky you might land a good gig doing something local.

Well fuck my ass

Or if you're REALLY lucky right after you graduate you might find something local not making too much but the trade off being home every day.
Pepsi hires all the time, but that's a lot of physical labor. Some dude in this thread is making 20/hr driving a straight truck moving roofing materials. I'm in a similar range. Low workload. Decent wage. Home every day.

On a daily basis how often do you have to socialize with human beans? Can I just listen to death metal while rubbing my pee-bug as I drive?

>As a rookie expect 2 years of hell living out of a cuckbox working 70hrs a week and earning the equivalent of min wage for the hours worked.
Shiieeettttt.

And here I was thinking of giving up forklift driving and being a comfy truckerfag. I guess at 25/h driving a forklift isn't so bad.

>On a daily basis how often do you have to socialize with human beans?
Since I'm local, only when I load my truck and deliver it to customers. My truck has an aux port so I'm listening to muh vocaloids all day err day. Call customers for their delivery, drop that shit off, on to the next one. I'd say from my 40hr work week I spend 20-25/hr shitposting/sleeping.

Nah man you got a good job. Especially if it's union. Stay with it.

I could jerk you off with a forklift, sould I get a job doing it?

Noice, I have had social anxiety every since I killed towel heads for freedom. It's a big part of the reason I don't think I can stick with nursing.

Threadly reminder

Go for either. Trucking is a pretty robot job.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

>so vain he deleted his post, just to repost it with his attention seeking tripcode

Tax time, Bitches!

soundcloud.com/kevinrutherford/2017-taxtips

Fukken hell it's been like 2 years since I've seen this one.

"This is the richest nation in history. And yet 1 in 4 Americans have had to choose between medicine or other necessities like food." - Bernie Sanders

LMAO

liveleak.com/view?i=df8_1486682943
>fendirror user

>working 70hrs a week and earning the equivalent of min wage for the hours worked.
By my calculations, 70hrs a week at minimum wage would be $508 if you worked 2 jobs, or $617 if you had one job that paid overtime, but there's no minimum wage job on the planet that would let you work 70hrs.
I just finished my first month averaging $1200 a week before taxes, how is that minimum wage?

>that video

HOLY SHIT THE MEMES ARE REAL!

The USPS has its own weird referral-apprentice-full time hiring process.

It was too dense for me to understand, but if you were in the army you should be able to get through it easily.

Good luck, enjoy that $35/hr and lifetime retirement after 25 years

>he doesn't laugh in this video

Absolute garbage

>Parking brakes for parking?!

I no longer set my trailer brakes. Not sure what is going on with this trailer, but there is something in the emergency air line system in the trailer that must be blocking the air flow. When I release the brakes in the morning, it takes a couple minutes for the trailer brakes to release enough to actually roll. And then if I want to drop the trailer, I'll set the trailer brakes and when I take off the red air line 30sec later, there is still a ton of pressure built up in the trailer.

My tractor also has a bit of an air leak, so if I'm at a stop for more than 30min, the trailer brakes pop out anyway and I have to wait for them to release again while revving the engine to get 120psi in the hoses.

Had the truck written up for it like a month ago and they replaced the governor in the tractor which made no fucking difference at all. I don't think these guys even want to fix the stuff in the trailer since the bay trailers sit really low to the ground and lots of the air lines and wiring are run through the inside of the trailer rather than easy to access on the bottom like a regular box trailer.

>I have experience in the Army
>I am open to suggestions.
get your RN then move to trauma center

>OTR cuckshed driver
>stuck at work literally 24/7
>168hrs in a week
>$1200/wk gross
>$7.14/hr

I had a mud dauber wasp nest in the air line cause those issues before.

i'd shit on her chest

Checked

How did you end up getting it out?

ummm.. okay

It was only an inch or so down the air line at the start of it, used a drill bit to commit murder and then removed the line at the tank and blew air up it to get all the dead wasp goo and mud out.

Yeah I was thinking they should maybe try and disconnect the trailer lines near the drum and blow some air through it to see what shoots out.

Our fleet department is totally fucked right now. They have two people working in all of fleet and they are supposed to service like 60 tractors and trailers plus forklifts and vans and pallet jacks and they have no time. And these two people have to cover Mon-Sat from 4:30am to 7:30pm.

Pepsi is fucking that one up tho. They want mechanics to have all these certs plus a Class A, pass some ridiculous assessment, and all for $25/hr. Even with the diesel mech certs and no Class A, you could make way more somewhere else. People aren't even applying for the jobs. And the "Head Mechanic" is this cool older dude with kids and shit and we always talk fishin and I feel bad for him because he's so stressed out since the job is literally impossible to do with 2 people.

Ebin fake math meme.
>tfw getting paid minimum wage to sleep, listen to music, and watch anime for 23 hours a day
You actually make the job sound better.

>tfw no qt3.14 trucker gf

>TFW no qt3.14 Veeky Forums gf

Man you might as well work some security job watching monitors in some little back room for 24hrs a day. At least that way you can still be on your phone while "working".

Yeah, it's bullshit math. But it is true. I guess if you worked a normal job and all you did after work was sit in your closet on the computer until you went to sleep, it would be about the same.

Yeee

Hey they're trying to push a $400 trucking fridge on me is this the work of Satan or a good idea.

A lot of drivers are saying regular refridgerators will last 3-9 months max with all the bumps

the fuck you need a refrigerator for?

Preserve the nutritional value of the cats I run over

>Pull into a mostly empty truckstop
>6 of the 15 trucks are from your company

And you have to go to sleep within a few hours of getting home.
And occasionally someone starts hammering on metal outside your window.

I've had a igloo thermoelectric cooler for almost two years. If I seal up the bunk and blast the AC in the back it'll freeze water.

So if you decide to go with USPS you don't actually need a CDL for a carrier position. The only major caveat with it is that for the first few years as a rural/city carrier assistant your technically "Part time" in that your only guaranteed work on Saturdays at 17.50 an hour, and you need to be on call 6 days a week if your routes main carrier can't make it. This makes it so it's difficult to hold down a second job, however the way the local postmaster around here tries to run it you are still apt to be working around 40 hours/week, but you still have the chance of only working one day.

The other thing to keep in mind is the actual hiring is all done by your entry test score your interviewer can only veto you outright rather than putting additional weight on your application, since your ex-mil, you should get 5 or 10 additional preference points, so as long as you do average on the exam, you should be fine.

According to most people I've talked to you either love the job or hate it and quit pretty fast and it's got a good health plan as well as decent opportunities for advancement, so it works out well for the long term.

>sleeping
>metal
Wut about metal? You talkin OTR or local? The landscapers come while I'm at work and while I'm getting home at 2:30pm, the cpm cucks still have 7hrs left on their 14, then it runs out at 9pm while they are in line at some shipper and blow 3hrs of their 10hr """rest""" period waiting for a dock to open up.

A few years back I thought OTR could be fun as a young, single guy but now that I learned a bit more how that shit actuallg works, I'm glad I'm local.

I was continuing your analogy of getting home, sitting in a closet then having to wake up in 10 hours and occasionally someone tries to fix something outside your window with a hammer.

shh the obese sugar man is too dumb to understand advanced bantz.

More like jake brake user on ice.

I thought crossing the road in getting hit by cars unironically in Japan was an anime thing....

Nippon. Nihon is the language. Get it right fag.

I really like this image.

Chilling to some ELO and designing some new plywood accents for my cuckshed 7 miles from my Monday delivery. Once my laundry is out I'm swinging by the gym and the hardware store.

Maybe 5-10 minutes each for the phone, cb, and in person during pickups and deliveries. You've got 20+ hours a day for what you want as long as it's in the truck for the most part.

Sounds like the tractor protection valve is fucked.

Get a compressor cooled chest refrigerator designed for marine use. Mine was $750, but it's been ticking along fine art -10C for 2 years now. It's a Dometic.

I have a 23L (I think) Engel, it is 6 years old and hasn't missed a beat. Only gets turned off on weekends when I go home.

Normal fridges arent a good idea as all the movement can starve the compressor of gas and oil.

Sure sounds like a fendirror user to me.

>Filled with nothing but half filled cans of wet cat food and cat nip

That's why you get one designed for marine use. They're engineered for vibration, pitch, and roll. As long as you don't flip them over the compressor does fine.

Mostly frozen vegetables and pot pies, actually.

More like lot lizard fragments and meticulously labeled preserved bowel movements

How much $$$ should I spend?

All rv/truck fridges are designed for that. It doesnt specifically have to be marine use. Just having a swing motor makes it much more reliable.

They aren't cheap.

engelcoolers.com/fridge-freezers/shop-by-fridge-freezer/portable-top-loading

I wouldn't buy anything else but an engel. But I am biased after having 2 dometic/weaco portable fridges shit the bed after 3 years. They were cheaper and I know why now.

3 years of service doesn't sound too bad to me. I just need one that will last 2.

That's fucking insanity.

Get the Igloo iceless 40qt. It's like $100 on Amazon and it'll last just as long as any $900 fridge.

Really hoping I luck into this local job I found out about. It beats the shit out of my current gig.

3 years is shit. Old crusty trucker I know has a 25yo engel that he still uses.

>Igloo iceless 40qt
Thermoelectric, in summer it would be useless, unless you use AC constantly to keep the ambient temps around it down.

I'm only trucking for 2 years lol

I used one of these 45l (11.88 gal) Mobicool power coolers when I was sleeper living.

Breddy handy for keeping a bunch of sandwich stuff, fresh vegetables and condiments cool, although their effectiveness goes down when its really hot out.

I think I would spend the money on a real, truck capable fridge if I was an owner operator.

this guy is right

this guy is a faggot weeb who doesnt know anything about Japan and probably learnt all of his Japanese from anime

maybe if the US didn't like playing world police, and waging numerous wars decade in decade out, they would have more money to spend on education and medicine.

All three of you are faggot weebs for having any sort of an opinion on jap cartoons or culture.

日本

"Yamanto"

EADC

where in america do you not use the AC constantly in the summer?

When you are a cumpknee cuck

Why would you ever turn the ac off?

I was just making sure your post was about the continued struggle of living in a cuckbox for 350 days a year and not about kushy local livin even if you gotta work hard for the 9hrs you're at work.

Dat shit fries brains jeezy.

I think you messed up mang.

This. Plus god knows how many times you will swap trucks and whether or not the actual thing will come with you. But it is important to keep your Diet Coke chilled.

If no one wants to work his position, that means he cant be readily replaced. Whats to be stressed about?

Hey weebfag, I could use your halp. Tell me who made this sword. I think the date was later in the war like 1945 but supposedly the star means it was one of the army's certified swordmakers (Jumei Tosho something). Both pics are same side of the tang but left is the top half and right is the bottom half. Figured out the other side of the tang for the most prt and I believe it gave me January of 1945 plus something extra and idk what it means.

Because everybody else (warehouse, large format, small format, sales, vending, merchandising) is all bitching at him that they don't have the trucks and equipment to do their jobs.

Because fucksauce, not everyone is a lazy sack of crap with no work ethic and a "sluff it off" attitude.

The real world is kept running guys like that, that make up the 20% of workers that actually give a shit.

When you are a company cuck and have anti idle programmed into the ECU.

IME they always freeze things that you don't want frozen like salads and lunchmeats. Worse than useless to me.

>not getting paid hub miles and hourly rate loading/unloading/waiting.

Enjoy your wage theft.

Have you tried just setting the trailer parking brakes?

>tfw good ol' Kenworth I'm in has like a 20min idle timer
That shit is annoying on our new Internationals where it shuts off after a minute or two. I've had those fucking trucks shut off on me multiple times while sitting at red lights. Especially in this KW with a little air leak, I like to start the truck when I first get out of a stop, then go throw my hand trucks on the back and put any credits-shells-trash I have in the trailer real quick and 2min later I got cold AC and 110psi and ready to roll. Fucking Intertrashionals will shut off in that short time.

I see some drivers from other companies that leave their trucks running for 20-30min+ while they are at stops and that seemed odd. I see a lot of Arizona drivers who do it in their Freightshakers. It must not have good AC and they obviously don't get a fuel bonus.

>not getting paid a more than fair wage while also getting to go to the comfort of your own home every day
cpmcucks, when will they learn?

These things are programmable of course. If you had the same truck all the time and were on friendly terms with the shop you could get it programmed to suit but that won't work with you in different trucks all the time.

>trailer brakes only
Doesn't really work on my T680, it'll shut down after 20 minutes. Still, it's something to be tried.

>shut down in traffic
I've had one a later one of our T680's do that in a traffic jam. It shut down at 20 minutes in gear with the brakes released and wouldn't take no for an answer. I had to cycle the key. The older versions, though still the same model year, don't do that. They'll idle all day if both brakes are released and it's in gear as far as I can tell. I suppose I could get some chocks. Sorry, chalks, but then I'd get questions about idle percentage.

My Shaker will idle forever as long as it's >80° outside with that Optimized Idle thing

>getting killed by trucks just like my chinese cartoons.

It's not a meme just for nothing, you know?

Went with some nice oak ply. Should be able to get it cut up and stained tomorrow morning.

Is it going to become flooring?

With the anti-idle shit, there was a big problem in the towing industry when that shit came set up from factory. Companies would be in the middle of standing up a truck when their own truck would die. Lots of trucks would go straight from a wreck right to the dealer to have it removed. Now its pretty much done at whoever upfits the chassis.

>Emergency bogroll

This is one of my most important things on my truck, nothing sucks more than being in the outback 400km from any town and not having any.

I got it disabled on my truck, as I use a PTO for an hour or so when unloading and running at high idle to override it would wear the pumps out quick.

Australia: The Post.

>HowSnailsAreMade.webm

There's something extremely ugly about that womans face.

It's a man.

Well that makes sense then.