/indie/ - Indie And Obscure Games General

Last thread:
>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OzadxrooKHQ
gamejolt.com/games/lisa-the-pointless/221705
youtube.com/watch?v=kApdwRMyXYI
store.steampowered.com/app/465520/
youtu.be/0Un5K-jMCWg
virtuawave.itch.io/cube
freedomplanet2.com/index.php
youtube.com/watch?v=n9fHGdR1IyM
pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag&word=ゆめにっき
archive.fo/Q93fQ
youtu.be/3bJYEk-IXa8?t=3m00s
emhsoft.com/singularity/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

game of the thread, all threads is CLASSIC GAME

youtube.com/watch?v=OzadxrooKHQ

What did you guys think of the new lisa fan game Lisa: The pointless?

I felt like the music, art style, and writing was all fantastic. While the combat was a bit hard, it kept me on my toes, which I felt like both painful and joyful didn't manage to do at all (painful especially, once i reached the second area and got into the groove of things.)

Overall, I would say its worth a gander at. Link for the game is here.

gamejolt.com/games/lisa-the-pointless/221705

@ is best

youtube.com/watch?v=kApdwRMyXYI

What do you guys think of this?

nth for obscure games

I really, really love Underrail.

Man, Valkyria Chronicles shits the bed pretty bad near the end, huh?

Looks eyeraping from the thumbnail.

What does it do? Just a plot going bad or the gameplay getting stale?

Sup /indie/ I just played this chinese point&click game. A bit short but excellent atmosphere I would find on vgperson too.
store.steampowered.com/app/465520/

Huh what's OP image from?

Yume Nikki

It is fanart to be exact. I wonder if the game still gets a steady flow of new fanart.

my computer lags after the introduction, I could barely finish the joyful because of the lag. if anything is like the intro, I wish I could've played it completely

by the way I got a new tablet and I want to make CLASSIC GAME fanart and it would be cool to get some ideas for drawings

@ x Siegfried from DCSS

Both

The plot sets up some magical stuff that looked like it was gonna support some crazy JRPG shit, like going into another dimension to fight the personification of war itself or something. But it doesn't really go anywhere, and the end boss is just a stupid "rarrrr, I'm the villain, I'm pumped up now, don't mind those towers that are charging me, t-they're just for decoration, muhahaha" fight.

I was hoping it'd end with either another big battle with all your bros against lots of enemies, or some real bananas JRPG shit, but it just falls awkwardly inbetween, like all those games that don't really suit boss battles but felt like they needed one so they make you fight a helicopter or a wizard with 2 rocket launchers or some shit.

Great game overall but it feels like they didn't quite realise its full potential.

Pls play my shitty game

youtu.be/0Un5K-jMCWg

virtuawave.itch.io/cube

Can someone post the 'depth chart' for RPG Maker games?

it's a bit outdated

That's the one, thanks user

Hello friends.

No. Go away. I hate you.

>took me till last level in world 2 to ned a guide in Braid for all puzzle pieces
I am mildly impressed with myself. I don't quite get how the green spark kys and oors work with each other. The game did a better job showing the other mechanics.

If we could pause the discussion on the fundamental game CLASSIC GAME for a sec, a small preview of Freedom Planet 2 was released:

freedomplanet2.com/index.php

I know it's no CLASSIC GAME but you gotta check it out!

It's been a long time
youtube.com/watch?v=n9fHGdR1IyM

People still draw fanart.

pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag&word=ゆめにっき

The newest upload even comes from today.

Oh so the green shit indicates a complete immunity to time activities.
Sexy panda, graphics and music. Too bad about the voiceacting. Was the first this megamanesque too with the gameplay?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on this game?

I had never played DCSS, I'm giving it a try. first time playing something that looks like this so Im just playing the tutorial for now. its nice

who is siegfried?

when I said CG fanart I should have been more specific, like "places from CG" as the characters are literal pixel characters

>This game is in early access. It's still in development
>first chapter
How many more chapters will there be?

How would you describe this aesthetic?

How can you encounter something that has very specific conditions for the encounter, but not understand the conditions when it happens? How? If it was something that made sense by normal human logic you should be able to figure it out once you see it.

And if it doesn't, is there any point in trying? Maybe user was right, and it would be better to not even try looking for it, just wait for the stars to align.

>something that made sense by normal human logic
user, it is Underrail we're talking about here.

Can you give me a quick rundown on them?

Is Middens really less obscure/weird than Hylics...

Why are original Lisa and the painful in different categories?

Because the original is less known / popular...

But the categories are "basic" and "unique"
Nothing to do with obscurity, right?

They're basically the same game, one no less basic/unique than the other.

Yeah sure, but Underrail's alien logic doesn't happen on the surface. Things you can do and their consequences are always easily understandable if nothing else in hindsight. And a mutant happening under specific conditions sounds like something that should be a surface level thing, something that happens because of something you have done. In which case you should be able to realize what it was, no?

Actually, I would even go as far as swap the two. Painful is more unique than the original.

>earthbound ripoff vs yume nikki like
They both get an F

>earthbound ripoff
u wot

>Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
>“We plan on having early access available up until the full release of the game. We hope to have the game released by end of 2015 depending on the feedback we receive.”
>Mostly Negative

rip

I've enjoyed Steamworld Heist a lot so far but I just suffered a big loss so I'm quitting it for now with no telling if I'll return

How did Minecraft become such a huge indie hit?

Autism.

I dunno, I think it just has a lot of Lego box appeal

Plus mods

Plus marketability towards kids

How complete is it?

Underrailers! How useless and inane do you think this synergy warning is, on a scale of 1 to 10?

I don't really like spoonfeeding "you're doing it wrong" notifications, but I made it in hopes of reducing the number of noobs PMing me that the build calculator doesn't work right.

You don't know what to look for!

(silly laughter)

HIGH
IMPACT
INDIE
VIOLENCE

I don't think it's spoonfeeding. Not showing the warning just makes your tool look like it doesn't actually take everything into account and would cast doubt on it's accuracy...

huh which scene is this

It's Johnathan from Dismal Island.

hm, that sounds entirely unlike something I saw

is it even side content or do I just have shit memory

It's a sidequest, you can find various maps and show them to a certain Hernandez Bro so he'll take you to their respective islands.

Maybe the drawing being set in a lush scenic meadow is what throwing you off. The actual island in the game is more desolate looking.

link to tool?

Quick question regarding Stardew Valley. I just started playing and have some cobblestone pathways down. Once in a while one just pops up for me to pick up and set back down where it was. What is causing this? Is it the thunderstorms?

Sounds like natural farm deterioration... though when I played the path just broke, rather than giving you the resource back.

Playing Breath of Death... It's extremely unremarkable.

That said, I'm digging the leveling system where you get to make an interesting choice (choice between two sets of stats / variants of a skill) every level.

That's hilarious but also annoying, seeing that a bit of bandage heals all.

RIP thread

Veeky Forums does not like indie games

That sounds like running out of budget and they needed a closure like Star Oceam.
Jesus christ Star Ocean was such a shit plot. It is like they flipped a switch to end the development as fast as possible which also explains all the bugs.

Yeah it is very generic but has some nice touches here and there. I liked that there is a cap in an area for random encounters.
They are good games if you crave a shorter jrpg.

>that thick adams apple

I think this is a good idea. I wouldn't say it's spoonfeeding, synergy is not the easiest thing to keep track of by yourself. I mean, maybe the way the warning is worded kind of is, what with it instructing you to do something and all. but the warning itself is still a very good idea.

I like it

underrail dot info dot tm

The indie bubble is popping
archive.fo/Q93fQ

>Star Ocean

Is that the one where the universe turns out to be a giant video game, or something?

I love the mental image of the player randomly trying to wrap a bunch of cloth around someone's broken arm expecting it to magically get better. It's like the NPC knows he is dealing with a retard, but still appreciates the effort.

Nah there just comes a really bad dude from nowhere you travel to the planet and beat him.

35 minutes to the next Humble Monthly.

>You don't know what to look for!

You know, I think I've realized this by now.

I feel proud to say I never fell for that digital lootcrate.

>Lootcrate
Nigga, $12 for XCOM 2 and you get some free shit you might like as a bonus is a fucking steal.

>$12 for xcom
The game got given out for $1 and for free multiple times. The golden joystick awards spammed this shit to everyone for years.

>XCOM 1
user... XCOM 2 has only been out for 1 year as of tomorrow.

the third one

Oh my bad I misread.
Still a shit deal.

I want something lightweight I can farm in love stardew but want to have more self building in terms of house and shit, don't want to fight if avoidable just want to farm

Dawn of War 2

Okay, and?

I like it.

I like the squad-based RTS gameplay

I like developing my characters with specific skills

2 more to go, if he actually finishes it.

I usually like puzzle plattformers but Braid is almost all puzzle and no plattforming. I still like it but I am too stupid and impatient to to play hours figuring out what to do without guide.

Are you a specmarine dork though?

No, I don't usually like the genre or even the Warhammer franchise. But DoW2 is FUN

It's pretty useless for anyone who already figured it out and knows how level skill cap works.

But since you already started implenting it, you might as well finish it.

how do you even find a two-headed mutant?
or is it new expansion shit?

>noobs PMing me that the build calculator doesn't work right
Do they really PM you before even checking if it doesn't work the same in-game?

Yeah, lots of PMs over the years. Occasionally public forum posts as well.

Easy assume it's broken when it's so unintuitive and not explained anywhere in-game.

Fuck I feel bad for pirating Bastard Bonds but fuck,its good but not 20$ good
Sale soon hopefully
Anyone else play it?It had its own general here on Veeky Forums for like 3 days before it completely died ,its a pretty fun game

youtu.be/3bJYEk-IXa8?t=3m00s
>have to retart the game if I completed the first puzzle
>2 hour waiting time to get the second star
Yeah fuck this game. Why did people praise this so much again? Is it another example of people spedning too much time on something and feel the time they invested already needs to be worthwhile?

The first star does not even appear for me in the overworld. I am confused.

It's a fun game if you don't mind all the /y/ shit.

>want to make lewd 4 girl mage party
>tfw all female companions are shit
>have to capture monster sluts instead
Everything went better than expected.

100% playthrough took me 37 hours and I still didn't completely master skill grid minmaxing, it's deceivingly simple.

indie game of the evening
emhsoft.com/singularity/