/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Time's Tide Will Smother You
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>StarMade

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3OCU3w7P-QU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

3rd for keen updates as allways

It's off the truck, isn't it? Stop being so entitled

>Captcha is lighthouses

Ok so, I downloaded OTTD, it's been like 1 year since the last time

what do I do now?

Delet it

smash trains into each other

8th for remove abortions

>Avorion.exe has stopped working

Seems like something's missing from the op...

>Connection lost to AvorionServer.exe

From what i saw its like minecraft.
It runs a server-client in SP.

>tfw MAN never got to confess his feeling for yuri before kspg collapsed

wow you sure showed him with that weeb trash image macro that would probably be considered lame by a 10 year old girl

I attempted to make landers from the movie Interstellar

>No "Games that are definitely not /egg/" in the OP

this dude cares what 10 year old girls think, pedo confirmed

Shit. I dun goofed

Even before all this drama, there were like five or six versions of the OP floating around.
Don't hesitate to report though, and remember to hide.

abortion server where?

>What kinda patch you want?
>Just bug my shit up

>Keem Software file server maintenance.gif

Fucking dells.

>a strange subspace signal appears on page 10

Avorion serb for /egg/lads when

sense of scale is the worst in abortion
tried building a needleship, ended up with a cigarette dwarfing stations and not enough money to complete it

>salvaging lasers get massive bonus to unshielded ship blocks
>use them on live ships
>once they're in range watch them disassemble everything

>reduce drifting
NANI?

>rape lasers are real

Mengies when.

Its weird, they are about to have 2 of the most requested shit in spengos.
Compound blocks, and weather.

Spengies is getting weather? And what exactly is a compound block?

Did you fail reading comprehension in school?

no, mengos is about to get canned weather effects with working windmills.
Compound blocks are, for example:
Being able to place 3 corner lights on each edge in the same block area, because they dont ocupy the same space.

Why is mengies even a thing? Seems like a cash grab.

>a side project from a pet project
Because why not.

I think part of it was that there was supposed to be cross-development where features from one game could be worked on and ported to the other game. Things like structural integrity and compound blocks
But then none of that happened at all, so you're probably right

That's a lotta bugs to fix.

Official serb soon™

Turrets have fixed size. Use them for your sense of scale.

Why is an /egg/ server not being called a hatchery or a carton

Because fuck you and /seg/ predates these threads.

Because there's always fewer than a dozen people that would play on it

Because that sounds stupid and

Is /seg/ Space Engineers general? Is that the predecessor to /egg/ or did the general die and they moved to /egg/?

It's back lads.

Much like /rcg/, they were about to die any merged together into this mess we have today.

Really loved the book, is the show any good?

Just like the lemon hulk.

I can't seem to get enthused in Avorion. I like it all in principle it's just not holding my interest. Any tips?

Shit yeah. This tickles my space-dick in all the right ways.

I haven't read the books, but I loved the show. Not sure if reading the book will make the tv series better or worse.

I just did not enjoy TNG. There were a few good episodes here and there but Voyager and DS9 was far better.

I'm curious about Discovery. Already delayed 2 times...

I like the show. Especially the ships.

someone did that ship in spengos, even with a giant thruster.

>welders range were nerfed
>merge blocks dosent work
Looks like the scratch fetishist stiked again against man made weapons.

DS9 yes, voyager started strong and got so boring

Voyager started mediocre and stayed mediocre on average
there was some character development that worked but overall it was very bland

God Space Engineers is such a piece of shit.

No shit sherlock.

>buy generic drone off factory
>it has no legendaries
>no modules
>first match
>pic related
jesus christ

>be retarded
>play stupid ass game
>pic related

>be a massive faggot
>complain about people talking about games which are listed by name in the OP
>pic related

Why don't you play Garry's Mod? It's basically the engineering-est engineering game.

It's the deadest out of fucking any of them.

We're building a standalone ACF anyway.

Garry's Mod would be the greatest engineering game if ACF/constraints/wheels/props/holos/etc didn't murder servers.

Too hard for most of /egg/ since it's more than gluing blocks together

>playing robocuck
>complaining about complaining
>in /egg/

>We're building a standalone ACF anyway.
ACF is bad though.

GMod has had enough updates to reduce that overhead and modern servers are so much more powerful that this is only an issue on really badly managed or underpowered servers.

Also, git gud and learn to make things that won't spaz, you mingebag

youtube.com/watch?v=3OCU3w7P-QU
You're telling me this looks stable to you?
I've been looking for guides on how to build proper tonks and blens, if you have resources to share I'd be more than happy to give them a look

>shit ass swep tank
i already told you that ACF is bad. make the tank and engine yourself instead of just gluing blocks together like made fun of you for

XDD

But i do

URL is changing so I'm going to re-encode the image soon. Any request in particular for new image, or should I just add another pixel to the width so you fucks can spot the difference and use the right one.

Just watched both episodes, goddamn it's good to have it back. Built some ships in spengoroos inspired by the show. Really want to get my hands on whatever game system the authors used.

It's the little things like the trails that fall down once the ship starts accelerating that really make The Expanse great.

>warship
>doesn't have a citadel or armor to speak of
The fuck is the point?

Its sci-fi.
It means done by writters, people who dosent know shit about anything than words.

That's how space warfare is, those cannons were meant to shoot down missiles, usually it'd attack from long range with torpedoes and never even get close to gun range. As I recall, they were sneak attacking a station with far more firepower than their own ship, so their only hope was to get in close where they could use their maneuverability.

>sneaking up on something
>IN SPACE

Obviously there's no stealth in space (there is in The Expanse, but not complete stealth), but they shut down all the power and drifted, with the ship behind them claiming a cargo pod had came loose and that they were chasing after it.

Both of those were also small ships so a lack of armour is given. In the show, larger vessels can take a severe beating before being destroyed, and the black one was a "stealth ship", so I would wager that it was designed to avoid direct fire rather than to take it.

>avoiding direct fire
>IN SPACE

This at least makes sense.

Realised using addressable memory for reading the punched cards 1 bit at a time is a waste of CPU and geoms. The bottleneck is just going to be the single full adder, so I can speed things up and make it more efficient by reading the card and putting it into memory all at once, and only using addressable memory to read the numbers off the register/extract the result. Any actual transfers between cards/registers can be done in bulk, with 8 bits at a time.

Good luck locking onto a target that doesn't appear on your sensors that is also outside of visual.
The "stealth" part of the "stealth ships" is there for a reason.

Direct fire from guns at least can be easily avoided given enough distance, it's missiles and shit that you need active defenses to take down. The stealth ship clearly had such defenses, those guns are point defense cannons.

Wouldn't the trails move in the same direction as their heads when the ship moves?
Otherwise it's magical shipboard gravity that only works when the ship is moving.

No, the ship has a floor plan like a skyscraper. The floor leads towards the engine, the roof leads towards the front, rather than horizontal floors you find on most sci-fi ships.

Nah the movie doesn't pull any hard scifi shit like artificial gravity or FTL drives or anything. The interior is oriented 90 degrees to the length of the ship, so when the main thruster fired, the force went down relative to how they were sitting.

Is that a cutaway view? Because the lightest flak or HE rounds are going to explode that things critical components like a blood sausage.

You know what to do.

>ammo right beside missiles

It's an "I haven't finished it" view. Note the central empty spaces.

TOO THICK

You see, the genius of that is that if the ammo explodes it blows up the thing that was using the ammo! It solves its own problem!