/reg/ - Resident Evil General

Resident Evil thread

That MadHouse mode though

Other urls found in this thread:

live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv289458468
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you get anything for collecting all coins in a playthrough?

So for a laugh, anyone wanna list some 90's RE clones?

I've had Martian Gothic on the mind for a while now. Real weird game where you control three people and one of the core mechanics is that you cannot let them have line of sight with one another because it triggers a game over due to plot reasons.

The satisfaction of knowing you have all coins.

martian gothic is one

countdown vampires obviously
TRAG is a bit of an RE clone with tank controls and pre-rendered backgrounds but no monsters
fear effect 1 and 2 are somewhat RE clones
obviously silent hill
there's soul of the samurai/ronin blade
overblood(but not so much overblood 2)
deep fear for saturn
chaos break is a weird RE/dino crisis/MGS clone with monsters

that's all I can remember right now

Parasite Eve II seems to sorta meet halfway in, dropping the ATB system from the first game in favor of what could be described as the RPG rolling numbers interpretation of the Resident Evil take aim and fire combat paradigm.

It's really REALLY fucking weird though, in a really interesting way.

I don't think it is from the 90s but Obscure and its sequel fit the bill.

>tfw this is the only achievement left

fug. I'm never going to get it. Might as well give up now.

why is the choice between zoe and mia objectively good/bad?

you choose your bad wife and get the 'good' ending or choose the innocent victim that didn't lie to you and helped you escape and get the 'bad' ending

what were those nips thinking how is that good story design

*swallows the bait*

and why can't you use psychostimulants?

because I already know the location of every item in the game. It would be pointless to ever use them. Also, my parents taught me drugs are bad for you.

so uh, does this game have an act 2 or something? Just played it for the first time.

The only thing objectively good about Zoe is her frumpy bayou look, she has the personality of a rotten bitch who can't think about anyone but herself.

She's also the primary reason for why you're left with only one syringe of serum with which to make the big choice, having told you to use one of them on Jack during the cabin fight and whatnot. And then she has the gall to act like she was owed freedom from Eveline because she called a phone and gave you vague hints every so often?

Bitch probably didn't even make the serum herself, you've seen those boxes and how they pretty much work on "insert babby, get juice" logic, right? I mean fuck.

>easy
Kill yourself.
Normal mode was too easy honestly.

i'm falling for the hype around 7. do I need to play 6 before I play 7?

Resident Evil 7 is game that is cleverly designed to appease and even support the SJW agenda. Further proof that Capcom is under their thumb and insidiously so.

Here's good evidence why
>The game setting is in Rural Louisiana which helps portray a backwater "redneck" HURR Southerner stereotype.
>One of the big premises of the game is "family" or rather to portray a healthy family as utterly fucked up and deranged. The main antagonist Evelyn wants nothing more then a family but rather then be accepted as she is, she is tossed out like an aborted baby. Even Mia basically treats her like unwanted spawn as a result from her unadulterated whorage even at the expense of her cucked BF Ethan
>It perverts the whole notion of hospitality and showing something as normal as a family dinner as something to "escape" from. We should all live "Free" and "unfettered" by social norms is the message here.

>Jack Baker is embodied as the "Abusive Male" patriarch disciplinarian despite what Capcom utter perverts as a strong parent disciplining an unruly child in any other sane setting. It also ties into the whole backwater abusive southern stereotype beating and abusing his children and women.
>Zoe Jacks biological daughter is rightfully put into her place for acting out as a whore and her whole "YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME, I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT!" attitude. She even accuses her family of gasligting her only in this situation her family is the one that is crazy and not the other way around with a batshit insane SJW rightfully being called out for being crazy IRL. She even share the same mannerisms and hair style as a RL feminist.
>Ethan's whole existence is here to show that it's perfectly okay for your girlfriend to blatantly cheat on you and that you should be utterly accepting of that fact and to be otherwise shows you are CIS male shitlord that's not with modern times on "relationships". Don't believe me? Why is it then you get the bad ending if you don't save Mia over Zoe?
>Last but not least the whole E-Series mold infection is cleverly hidden analogy to the "toxic" ties of a family

You don't get to shitpost this hard until the 20th thread, them's the rules.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I'm playing RE7 and I think I found a design error in the game. I'm in the wrecked ship and need to get the wire for the elevator. It's in an area behind a locked door that can only be opened. The problem? I used my corrosive on some other door? I've been looking for 45 minutes.

look harder

2f

Corrosive is distributed such that you always have access to the amount needed to fully progress.

nigga just use the picture puzzle on F2. There are like 3 corrosives there. If you can't figure out the puzzle you might legitimately have brain damage.

live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv289458468
a certain Japanese female player is streaming DLC right now
she screams like a guy when she was surprised

Does Resident Evil 7 for PC is compatible with VR?

Not yet, it's a PSVR exclusive at the moment but PC support is coming.

any tips for speedrunning? going to do it when i get home.

obviously i should do it on easy.

most phone conversations can be skipped by just not picking up. I think the only ones you can't skip are the first one, the second one after escaping Jack for the first time and then another one later in the trailer after you reached the yard. Some interactions like using the laptop on the ship in the Old Tape are optional. You can run past most enemies, there are a couple that are difficult to run past without taking damage so you should just shoot them in the face once.

cheers m8

i recall someone mentioning that quiting and hitting continue resets the clock whereas a reset or retry does not.

if you are speedrunning you shouldn't have to reset or save anyway. I didn't use a single save on that screenshot.

Honestly, if you know what you are doing then there is very little chance you are going to die on your run. A lot of enemies in the game get trivialized if you remember where they spawn.