Hey Veeky Forums, what's the cheapest RWD + V8 you can buy...

Hey Veeky Forums, what's the cheapest RWD + V8 you can buy? I'm tired of driving a Japanese cuckbox and want to make an impulsive purchase.

(Pic probably related)

Other urls found in this thread:

superstreetonline.com/features/impp-1002-1992-mazda-rx-7/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Crown Vic or a truck. Have fun.

99 Camaro

Or anything with a ls1

LS400

ecks dee

Not op but in commiefornia prices of LS is through the fucking roof all the niggers pick em up and thrash em

what about the lincoln ls? dirt cheap

a shitbox fox mustang that you can slap around.

tfw vacuum lines are making me want to kill. Fuck ancient fox body vacuum lines.

>fuck 30 year old rubber

FTFY.

A 70s land yacht

Aren't those horrible and the only surviving examples are clapped out by basketball Americans

>powered by a fucking Jaguar V6/V8
Gross. Get a Town Car.

crown vic or grand marquis. Reliable, cheap, and if they're not fun enough, you can always bolt most any 2v mustang parts on them.

Not really basketball americans so much as rednecks and even that's because they've depreciated to the point rednecks can pay cash.

>jaguar engines
Other than the pre-2003 V8's timing chain tensioner guides in the heads the engines aren't really a problem, it's everything else. These things will quickly disappear from the roads because they're every bit as complicated as German sports sedans but without the value so any repair at all will total one out.

Not a recommended purchase unless you're a damn good wrench yourself and even then there's better things to spend your time on.

You can find a solid C5 corvette between 10k and 15k.

this
get a fox op

The SN95 IS a Fox you fucking retards.
Go be retarded somewhere else. All the money Ford should've spent developing a new Mustang chassis when into the Ford Probe (which was originally going to replace the Fox Mustang). WHen fans made it clear they wouldn't accept that, Ford restyled the Fox into the SN95 and kept the chassis mostly the same.

>Americans couldn't make good rubber 30 years ago

wtf

OP didn't say he was against buying a Mustang

That's real fuckin' neato and all, but literally nobody other than you (yes, you, it's the same fucker every time) gives a shit about that. Foxbody refers to, in common parlance and in the terms we're using, third generation Mustangs. Fourth gens are either SN95s or New Edge depending on if you're talking about pre or post facelift for ease of identification.

Do you also throw autistic temper tantrums when someone calls an American-spec Corolla GT-S an AE86?

>those lights
>that badging
>hitch receptacle
wew

he said cheap you baby boomer

You know damn well that people refer to the SN95 seperately from Fox bodies as a matter of convetion that refers more to the visuals of the generations and not the underlying platform...even in Mustang communities.

Don't be such a technical fagboy faggot.

You're such a fucking douche.

Lights are terrible yes, I'm working on replacing the head and tail lights

I don't see anything wrong with the badges

Blame the previous owner for the trailer hitch (and everything else)

>I don't see anything wrong with the badges
I think what he's on about is that the trim designation precedes the model name if read left to right. The different fonts don't help but it's not as if the name badge is factory anyway. Pic related

Try working on a Japanese or German 30 year old car and you get the same thing. Rubber doesn't last forever.

>After spending a month replacing every vacuum line and coolant hose in the engine bay-a process Dan "wouldn't wish upon (his) worst enemy"

superstreetonline.com/features/impp-1002-1992-mazda-rx-7/

>hurr muh anti murrica shitposting

Wow. Not sure how I never noticed the Mustang badge wasn't original

Guess I know what I'm doing soon

>replacing vacuum lines on the factory sequential turbos

yeah nah, fuck that noise.

except you morons always say "don't get the SN95! This fox is better! Just look at the aftermarket!"
while completely ignoring that most aftermarket for the Fox bolts up to the SN95 cars as well which renders the initial argument pointless.
Now fuck off.

I like the third gen Fox hatchbacks looks too. I also like the SN95 looks. Both pre and post facelift. But saying the fox is better than the SN95 because of the chassis is dead wrong. It's a matter of looks, which is personal opinion.
Stop touting opinion as fact. This isn't a national meeting of Republicans.

Not a single person said anything about chassis stiffness or aftermarket or anything.

OP wanted cheap. Foxbodies are cheap. Cheaper than SN95s due to being older and more likely to have the shit beat out of them. So we said third gen.

Go fuck yourself with your pedantic bullshit and go back to whatever boomer-haven Ferd forum you came from.

>Foxbodies are cheap. Cheaper than SN95s due to being older
In most areas of the country, prices of Foxes are going up while SN95s are still going down. I don't know where you are, but around here, SN95s are cheaper than foxes.

Same with west/central FL

Yeah, except I never made any argument about the perceived aftermarket you autistic projecting faggot.

But by all means keep pretending that people, to include Mustang Enthusiasts, don't commonly refer to the 79-93 as the Foxbody, and the 94-04 as the SN95. Hold on though, before your bitch ass gets triggered again, yes I know the 99-04 were "new edge" SN95s, and that an entirely new Mustang platform came with the S197 in 2005.

>Mustang
Get a chevy/gmc squarebody truck nigga. Cheap as fuck to repair anything on them and parts are fucking everywhere. Very reliable too if you do things right.

Front lights look fine desu but yeah those rear altezza's (or however you spell it, been forever since I owned a fox) are a fucking trainwreck

Other than that the car looks pretty clean. Way cleaner than the 88 GT that I owned. Those cobra wheels were always my favorite.

If making an argument about Foxes being cheaper than SN95s, blow it out your ass.
See:

It's the plastic ones so it's even worse.

It's almost like English is flexible and lets people refer to 87-93 Foxbodies as Foxbodies because there are words to describe SN95 and New Edge Mustangs, such as "SN95" and "New Edge"

3rd gen F-Body GM
Pic related, is my shitbox.

The good-
-Dirt Cheap
-V8
-RWD

The bad-
Literally everything else

>The bad-
>Literally everything else
You also forgot to put "better handling than Mustang" in the good parts.

Whats it take to get these in the 12s? Tires and bolt ons?

It's a suprisingly planted car, especially when compared to my friend's Foxbody

Interior quality is absolute shite, as switches have literally disintegrated in my hands.

It has a 305

The best performance mod would be swapping in a 350, but that's pretty easy considering all the mounts are the same

an engine swap. The 305s are shit at making power. You want a 350. Then upgraded heads, intake, and cam.
And the 10 bolt rear end is notoriously weak. You want a bolt in 12 bolt or a bolt-in 9" from Moser engineering.

Obviously I'd get a 350. Thinking of getting one in the spring

I have an 1985 3rd gen Camaro and we rebuilt the 350. The harness is cut to crap but it runs. I'm probably going to buy a totaled truck at the auction in Waco and swap an Ls into it. I would love to make it a manual so I might just find a 1992 3rd gen with all the manual parts. I dunno everything seems so pointless unless you save up a couple grand and go big. I guess that is why you see so many unfinished projects.

The 10 bolt isn't as bad as you would think, the biggest weak point is the stock 28 spline axles, swap them for some 30s. Other than that I've been running mine hard for a little over a year and it hasn't broken yet on a 350 with h/c/i and bigger rockers.
The Ford 8.8 is a cheaper alternative as well as most having abs disc brakes and some have 3.73/4.10 gears and posi

A go kart and a small block.

you can find the sn95 as a cobra. 7/10 better than the gt but not worth the Shelby tax if you can't get it for a deal.

I bought a built in japan v8 for 2400 usd. Solid ass car

>shelby
it was done by svt, though

still has the name though, so its more expenive

Camaro
Firebird
Foxboy/New Edge mustang

all from like 1990-2004

The solenoid control system on Usdm rx7s was much more complex
So yes American cars are shit

Too bad it has an automatic, you old woman.

LS400

>truck
>cheap