/owg/ - Overwatch General

Chinese New Year event lasts until February 13.

>When does Season 3 end?
Probably late February / early March.

>Live Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752795395#post-1

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Discord:
discord.gg/Mzpx4Yh

>Permalink
owg.pleb.pl

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E
youtu.be/f_nkDqmPD1A?t=280
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

New to competitive. How is 1-1 a loss in competitive?

>we stopped the payload the first round
>pushed it to where it needed to go to win
>then final score was 1-1 and we lost

???

DUMB
BLOND
SLUT

>gerard got to fuck that every night after killing terrorists

His death musta sucked. But the rest of his life was probably great.

I have no idea. If you pushed it to that mark on the ground on the ground once you stopped the other team it should've ended the match right there and gave you the win.

They got past history, that's already more stuff build than 90% of the other ships in the fandom.

Because you have to push it to exactly where they pushed it, not just equal objectives.

If they did 1 objective and half way to the second, you have to equal that. Just getting the first objective unlocked doesn't win you the game.

I just know that Gerard was black.

Will Rein ever stop being required on non-KOTH maps? Christ I hate playing him but nobody else will pick the boring asshole.

That's one sentence in the bios. Its history only told to us and not shown to us.

And anyway, I am not here argue for any fandom ships, I find them all crazy. I am trying to reason for the ship that is looking to become canon.

Sombra online.

Much appreciated.

>tfw no skin for Amélie
What did Blizz mean by this?

Reposting. What's the one phrase Genji says when he (I think) kills someone (Hanzo?) where it sounds like...

>The outer mountain is mine!

Am I hearing this correctly?

Gerard must've been good to Amelie since she misses him greatly after years of killing him.

>Think Goose and Maverick, but just lesbians.
youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E
I can see it.

is this a fareeha???

>Get hooked by roadhog
>Alt tab because everyone knows how that ends

Am I the only one that don't think they can bare the burden of having a golden weapon?

Everyone I see with one I expect them to be a top tier player of that class, but they never are and I don't want that to happen to me.

I don't understand the fascination with golden guns, they're so ugly.

If you wanna go down that road then only a comic that will showcase how she rescued him will do then, but how high are the chances of us actually getting it?

Are we to assume that Roadhog is disfigured and that is why he always hides his face?
The constant coughing and wheezing tell me he got pretty fucked up.

In lower SR, he can be pretty decent on the right maps. But as people get better, they know to counter with Zarya and outheal your spam to farm support ult.

As said, "maining" something is a bad trap for new players. Learn one good dps, tank and support so you can be flexible and fill for your team.

Rein has a monopoly on big 2000 health barriers, so you can't go wrong with him. Zarya is also very good.

Ana, Lucio and Zen are the three most useful supports. In low SR, I think Zen is better than Lucio since teams are not coordinated enough to really take advantage of speed boost. Symmy is strong, but situational. Don't play Mercy.

You have a lot of options for DPS. Roadhog, Soldier and McCree are good and easy to get into. If you want to invest the time to learn Genji or Tracer, then go for it. Sombra is only good in high SR with coordinated teams.

pussy

Just get the gun for your favorite hero. I got one for Torb because I have 100+ hours with him. Fuck the haters.

>"I've got you in my sights..."

Probably not and even on koth I see him all the time. Aside from his shield if one team runs a Rein the other has to as well because of fucking earthshatter. If dive comps become really popular then I guess that could lessen his pick rate.

Maybe she will get something for bastille day.

Gerard seems to have been a great guy. No one has spoken ill of him. His wife still loves him 5 years after she was forced to kill him.

>he thinks gold weapons are an indicator of skill

The quotes that Genji has when killing hanzo is
>I am victorious this time brother
The quote he has when killing zen is
>I have the upper hand this time, master

He was caught in a radioactive explosion...tf do you think happened...

I really like ana for a support , How can I play her effectively

>play a hero a lot
>like it so much you spend all those points to get a golden weapon

>thinks lots of experience and practice does not matter

Some people think he got fucked up in the blast
Others think he mutated
Others think he ate shit when riding his chopper

I think it's just easier to take his Hogdrogen and he wears it out of habit

He was 28ish when the Core exploded and I think he's 48/49 now
That's 20 odd years of breathing in radiation and taking hogdrogen
His lungs are going to be pretty shitty

If this were to be revealed I think I'd suffer ego death. I'd come out a new man. I just love Amelie too much.

They're too easy to get to be an indicator of skill anymore. I've duo'd with a silver friend and seen people in silver/gold with golden weapons. All it says anymore is "this is my favorite/one of my favorite heroes."

Maybe she should just stop missing everyone and be useful for once. What a piece of shit.

True we probably won't get one, I am just at a point where I don't want to assume all those interactions. That's supposed to be the writers job, writing nice interactions to make us understand why they care for each other.

Shut up Reaper

Still curious about Ana's connection to him on that Sombra graph. She's also the only one that brings up Gerard in-game.

Well, the rest of his body looks OK, I just found it a bit odd that only his face would be fucked.

>I think it's just easier to take his Hogdrogen and he wears it out of habit

This makes sense.

>Anymore

S1 was the welfare guns, though
S2 and S3 use the same system

>forced to kill him
We here at Talon take offense to that.

Alternative Gold reward for Roadhog and Junkrat when?

I want Gold pegleg Junkrat and Crowned Roadhog since I use default on both of them

What I mean is that it's been enough seasons that literally anyone who's done so much as finished their placements each season probably has enough to get one golden gun.

Eh it's overwatch so we shouldn't dig that deep into it. But yeah his face or breathing at least is fucked

Hana

Just two good friends having a good time

Ana was the second in command for Overwatch, not only that her comic shows that she knew and was very involved with the Agents and their personal lives. I wouldn't be surprised if she knew Gerard and his story.

>started at 1800sr this season
>stuck in gold for weeks
>always with teams, never solo que
>stuck around 2200ish
>say fuck it, start solo queuing, no mic
>hit platinum in a couple days
>haven't lost a match yet
>still soloing, at 2850sr

I wanna play with my friends but they suck and they'll never get me to diamond.

I want to hug Amélie.

So now that both the East and West are a few days into the new year, what was your favorite piece of fan art from 2016?

>we shouldn't dig that deep into it.

Fair enough.
Maybe eventually we will know what is his favorite Anime, at least.

We know that he and Junkrat are both suffering from lingering radiation and that's about it

Roadhog's Hogdrogen is stated to counteract the radiation poisoning, so his lungs are fucked

Junkrat's brain is half rotted from the radiation

>Holy Hand Grenade
JAMISON PUT THAT DOWN NOW

You forgot this.

I want to fug amelie

Or at least mourns him. I don't think she can really love anymore.

The way Ana says it implies that she respected or even harboring feelings for him.

>No giant wheel made out of pure gold
>No scrap gun that shits out diamonds and chunks of gold

Friendly reminder high stats with unpopular heroes matter more than having a really high win ratio.
Avoid loss streaks like the plague if you can help it.

She's unable to love or feel emotion

She remembers loving her husband, but there are no emotions currently working in her brain.

Do you happen to know what he's saying with what I said then?

I know of those two, I've heard them in game. But this "outer mountain" or whatever he says is driving me through the wall, and I can't find any voice lines in the wiki that come close (Not all of them have audio)

I know for sure it has nothing to do with an outer mountain, it's probably Japanese but I just want to know what the fuck he says.

>tfw was 3.8k SR
>fell down nearly 300
>was diamond for a single game

Well he was rescued by her, and she probably started to care a bit too much for him given how she sounds when he's killed in-game. Would still be cool to see how it came to that. I mean for all we know she was already hot for him when he was still her patient, which would be incredibly juicy.

>plot twist reveals she didn't actually kill Gerald
>her "programming" kicked in, but when she actually had the gun to his head, she stalled and couldn't bring herself to do it
>Gerald, realizing that Talon had already kidnapped and most likely tortured the shit out of her once, will probably just do it all over again if they ever found out she "chickened" out
>puts a gun to his head, his last words were "tell them it worked", followed by "I love you..."
>then a gunshot, and a deafening silence.

>talking out of your ass
stop
primary sources conflict, it's anyone's guess

So is the general consensus is that Genji is basically Nixon from futurama?

>Receive $20 Battle.net Gift Card
>24 Loot Boxes is $19.99

The right click on my mouse is fucking up /owg/ recommend me a good one, please?
All I want is something durable with adjustable DPI

I'm currently using a Logitech G400

Her emotions are only numbed, not completely removed. If there's something she's going to feel it'll be from what's certainly her most emotionally traumatic experience.

Thanks for understanding. Everyone else here seems not not care or just think I am a shipper. I am worried about the story, because at this rate the lore community will die. Heck Chu answered a post today asking if the Lore is dead.

With an ass like that? Highly questionable

外山
"Toyoma"

Looking it up, it's an old-ass name that tends to have noble or samurai affiliations. So the best I could see is that Genji is claiming that he's the noble one, and Hanzo is just a filthy yakuza shitter

I am sorry, but I am guessing you are hearing, I have the upper hand line, but why you are hearing it when you kill Hanzo is beyond me.

>Gerard was actually the head of Talon all along
>he "kidnapped" Amelie and had her "brainwashed" so he could fake his own death
>he is now operating Talon from the shadows along with his waifu

Is Reaper just being edgy or does this family have some significance?

So she's basically a Nobody from Kingdom Hearts

That would be likely, considering Gerald was head of Overwatch's Anti-Talon force he must have been really high up there.

>Amelie misses her husband which means she is capable of feeling
>How she responds to Ana means she is aware of what she did
>Somehow still hasn't betrayed and still working for the people that forced her to kill her beloved husband

This game is all kinds of fuckery.

Don't you ever stare at happy couples and families with total spite?

Could be his son or daughter with his/her husband/wife and child. He's old enough to have a grand child.

We will never find out for sure (or at least anytime soon), but do keep in mind Reaper is old enough that if he ever had kids, they could have kids of their own by now.

something obviously doesn't add up

Lung injuries caused by ionizing radiation have a 100% mortality rate within a few months

Also brains don't rot. Lasting CNS damage caused by acute radiation poisoning is indicative of a dose which is likely lethal within a couple of weaks untreated

She's like Bucky from Winter Soldier and Civil War.

ALF Roadhog Skin when?!

I want to secretly steal her dirty panties every month, and then wear them on my face when I got to sleep.

>along with his waifu
What reason would she have to visit his grave then

>tfw tilting in quickplay

youtu.be/f_nkDqmPD1A?t=280

This, at 4:40.

No, that's a Death of the Endless

She too has a lot of ancient Egyptian imagery in her design, knowing Blizzard I wouldn't be surprised at a connection

I would just love some more Pharah / Ana stuff with a more prominent Ankh

It amazes me that considering everyone wants to be the big bag offense main nobody can kill shit worth a damn

Taking this from last thread

Because it's Blizzard

It's basically the "There must always be a Lich King" but Reaper

There was the original (Talon?) Reaper, who was killed, or destroyed in some way.

When Gabe's broken body was recovered, they turned him into the new Reaper

Reaper is a persona, much like Doomfist

weeks*
phoneposting is hard

I don't tilt in QP unless the process started after losing in comp and I tried to escape to QP to untilt but clearly it's not working

I know who it is, doofus. I just wanted to deathpost.

Roadhog is cancer and his mains are going to regret dumping all their time into him

In their minds they can always shift the blame.

"Dumb healer not keeping me alive"
"Dumb tank not being able to shield me against thirteen Bastions in turret mode"

I just hate playing with shitters

I think its hilarious seeing them do retarded shit
Be oblivious to the plays they should actually make
But sometimes it just gets a little too much

It says in the official book that this is what he's taking to stave off radiation poisoning. It's the future, and if you really wanna stretch, the Omnium core radiation might be different than the ones we're familiar with