/scg/edg/ Star Space Dangerous Citizen Elite General #127: Musician's Life Story Edition

Star Citizen Information:
>FAQ for newfags
pastebin.com/HuA29Wu9
Referral code randomizer (for newfags):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Subscriber Vault pics and JPoint Magazine Archive
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw
Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA
relay.sc/transcript/around-the-verse-the-music-of-squadron-42
eddb.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=G1sgN_K8ttE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for ED a shit and SC a scam.

dads or cultists

which is more toxic?

Deja vu, we've had this thread before.

>/scg/edge general #127

Thank you CMDR Obvious.

Is 17D still shitting the bed or are conflict zones spawning now?

Jumping around now between game modes, starting/resetting the game. No missions.

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA

Who /underground racer/ here?

My 350R will be pimped out with the best gear.

How is 17d different from any other civil war system?

The factions at 17D give an abnormal amount of missions, and they'll almost always be massacre missions due to the system being so remote. Often times it'd give a full 20 missions worth of massacre missions, and you could stack them together, go grind it out on the CZ, and return and cash in anywhere from 50 million all the way to 300 million for a couple hours worth of work.

Are there any requirements to get all of this cash?
Or could I do this with a p shitty cobra mkIII?

They're firing rails and plasma, so expect to die from an errant shot if you wander out into open to do it. (You can't solo it, I think)

But so long as you're tagging a some and they die, you'll get credit, and you'll complete them.

man sucidewinder a dad in a cutter that costed him 30 mil

let me save you 30 minutes

>NPCs now have plasma, rails and missiles
>that almost completely ignore heat buildup

What were they thinking

how
need proof

that's a really cool pic, which game is it from
;_;

Star Citizen, it's an imagination game where we talk about really cool things we'd want in a hypothetical super-game that can't work and never will.

You can solo it, but depending on your loadout it may be incredibly difficult. With a Cobra, you'll have a lot of trouble but if you want to try, play your ship to it's strengths. Cobra has a pretty decent hull tank so throw some hull and module reinforcements on it and make sure you A-fit your thrusters. Cobra is fast as fuck so you can easily out run any ship that gives you a hard time. The trick to CZ's is to knock out as many smaller ships as you can early on so that your friendlies will all gank the same ships. When you drop in, look for an enemy that is getting fucked and has no shields, and wail on it with your friendlies. Stick to wolf pack tactics and don't stray too far from allies. If the going gets rough, low wake out and back in. If you start noticing that there are more enemies around than friendlies, low wake immediately and back in to reset the instance. It'll be tough in a Cobra but definitely doable, and after a few goes at it you'll be able to get yourself a DBS or Vulture if you do very well (that is if 17D ever starts working again.) I'd recommend buying a Viper and A-fitting it and trying that, since it'll be a lot easier to dodge PAs and railguns with a Viper than with a Cobra.

Because otherwise CZs and NPCs in general are piss easy. I somewhat like it like this since it forces you to use your brains but it's ridiculous that no matter what, EVERYONE will have rails and PAs. I have no idea why they don't scale it to make low-intensity CZs have enemies with actual weapons and high-intensity CZs have enemies like they are now.

Also it's always fun when for no particular reason, every enemy in a CZ turns to fuck your shit and you get hit by 8 different railguns at the same time.

there are only 2 factions that ever go to war in 17dongs so the missions spawn like crazy for each one.

>every enemy in a CZ turns to fuck your shit and you get hit by 8 different railguns at the same time.
This is part of why I'm hesitant to outfit for combat and actually go into a CZ

the only thing that fucking sucks about NPCs is that they don't give a shit if you're in silent running or not, they'll still hit you.

it's easy anyone can do it.

turn shields off
bang up your sidey a little bit, so it's like a love tap away from death
wait for said dad to be undocking and going through the mail slot
fly into them and die
the station then kills them

most people (dads included) forget that if you're going faster than 100m/s near the mail slot you're technically speeding, if you're speeding and you hit some one you get a reckless flying fine, but if you're speeding and some one crashes into you and they die you're technically their murderer so the station fires all guns on you.

I'm gonna do this. Does this get rid of bounties?

If 17D takes off, go there in Open, you'll have a lot of /edg/lords there farming kills. All you need to do is get one shot in an enemy and it'll count for your missions. Contrary to what you might hear about people in Open, there's a lot of good people there and 17D is a great example of everyone working together to get fat stacks of cash.

Also if you're a newfriend in a Cobra or Viper or any other cheaper ship, don't worry about getting killed too much. Your rebuy is probably going to be pretty small. Most of the time, you'll always have enough time to jump out to safety if your shields get knocked out. Remember to be smart in a CZ and you should do fine.

yeah just like any death it puts them as dormant

add me we'll wing as a crew of law enforcers at the cg
CMDR courcyplayer

have the CZs and missions started spawning at the 10+7 dragons yet?

Don't be silly, I'm sure we'll have VR that can simulate everything Star Citizen strives for in a few decades.

Doesn't look like it. I'm waiting for another kind user to confirm when it is good to go before I haul my ass all the way over there.

I just checked, nothing but donations yet. No conflict or CZs either. Skimmers still work for missions right?

Unless the mission specifically asks to destroy skimmers, they do not count towards other missions such as massacres.

Then start working on it now, it's not just gonna pop up.

Thats fair enough so long as they're using fixed weapons. Quite a few of my favourite moments with ED were with a Vulture I fitted with two large fixed beams before they the nerfed power supply shitting on dads who use chaff as a crutch and then try to run away in a perfectly straight line in silent running. Plenty of juicy hackusations. That said time on target was complete dogshit as soon as anyone was clever enough to juke but they rarely were. ED is pretty much space jousting: the game.

The TLDR is kinda interesting

relay.sc/transcript/around-the-verse-the-music-of-squadron-42

Pastebin it pls.

>space jousting
>he doesnt drift strafe enemies while playing eurobeat

I'm wondering if we should start getting worried that they stealth fixed it.

Alright lads I think it's time to try exploration. Any tips?

Now just to check if the CZ is up before accepting these

What should I upgrade to from my diamondback explorer? Liking the multirole ships so far

Quite a few in the last thread

Python would be a good next step if you have the cash for it.

Jesus, all the cool shit is rare. I've been exploring and I've come across one Neutron Star. And a decent amount of class As. That's it.
Are black holes and the like really that rare?
I mean I know they are, naturally, but damn.

Not much point when after the first pass their shields would be down and I could just spin 180 in FA-OFF and finish them off. I tried all kinds of fancy shit on launch and nothing quite matched up to scaring the shit out of them and then blowing out their ass as they ran away.
Vulture used to be absolutely godlike. I remember upgrading to a Python and trading it in one day later because it wasn't even half as good.

They become more common with higher star density. There are fuckhuge fields of them out near the galactic core. Also neutrons and white dwarfs.

ohhhh mah lawdddd dis gonna be funnnnn

Oh nice. That's pretty sweet. Planning on hitting up Sag. Prime eventually. So, good to know it'll be interesting.

Anything worth checking out on the arms or the galactic edge?

I added you a little while ago but I think you hate me.

Same with Fehu

no you didn't no space between courcy and player

Im the noob who added you a while ago.

I have almost 200mil to burn and I want a good combat ship for those massacre missions.
What's a good loadout?

Crushing hopelessness as you look back at the galaxy in the distance and there's nothing around you but emptiness and death.

OK where on earth do you buy a 6C first class cabin

jamason memorial

eddb.io/
This kind of shit should be in the OP.

>not Elite in anything
Shit.

I've been warning my buddy about EA for a while, but he keeps getting his hopes up about ME Andromeda. He just sent me this. I hope he is ok.

Should I try to turn him to SC now, or wait until he is more angry? I think he is just sad now.

Cargo rack, or passenger cabin on an explorer? Picking up stuff along the way seems like a decent way to bring in some extra cash

>buying into Mass Effect after 3
we don't need any more retards here

AspX I'd go with a cabin for extra explorer cash.
Anything bigger I'd try picking both.

64t of fuel

what a shit game

>exploration takes a fuckbillion years to detailed surface scan planets in a system

I regret everything about this choice. Oh my God.

Only scan Neutron stars, Black holes, Earth-likes and Water worlds

How do you find these? Just pick a spot and go?

Filter map by non-sequence stars, those are black holes and neutron stars. Rare, but there are areas in our galaxy where they are more common.

im finding no one at the cg what happend

>Just heard about confirmed release date for The Commanders
>Check the Dev Update thread
>Really loving what I see, an actual fucking step in the right direction for people to do shit with each other
>Scroll down and already see a dad bitching about magically being transported to another player's ship
>2 people jump on him saying how this is finally a step to interact with others and that gameplay has to win out over immersion here
Things are finally going right for this god damn game. Its beautiful. I also see Frontier is still leading Explorers on a wild goosechase for more information on the ayy's and the Formidine Rift.

I mean, what game franchises last long with EA at the helm?

Don't worry, there's plenty of time for Frontier to tweak it into something utterly mediocre and unpleasant.

That's kind of their thing.

2.2 looked promising in the exactly the same manner at first.

Ehh I disagree. I never found Fighters from the start that appealing without having a player to fly it.

So, have The
guardians gcreated the Thargoids? That would be dumb

>being an ADD/ADHD sociopath
call of dooty is that a way, son
now, this is a simulation for grown ups

Holy fuck did i have a stroke while typing this

>Browsing the Elite Store
>Most ships have less than three things for sale
>Cobra MKIII has 39

you know for a fact there is a dad out there that had one for each day of the month and the rest for special occasions.

I know you're just acting like a dad but fuck you anyway for reminding people type shit like this unironically.

All memes aside, is there a way we could reach a compromise with the dads in this matter?

Do you feel in control LARPer?

You cannot compromise with the dads because they do not play other video games and thus need absolute control over this one. You'll argue for 20 years and then become one as well.

That being said, opinions are slowly turning, if gulag posts are any indication.

>tfw Dad is still playing his game on my birthday
>tfw he tells me he has a special surprise for me
>his ship is a special color he only uses one day a year
>it's available all days of the year
>tfw you just want a normal birthday
>tfw he buys you a commodore 64 in 2017
>he wants me to appreciate "the classics"
>tell him its all garbage bull shit inferior in all ways to what we have today
>he kills himself
>find his computer
>tfw see he still has my birthday color on his ship
>delete his save

Absolutely not. Best case scenario is we drive the dads away from Elite like they did the rest of the player base.

We were also supposed to get instantaneous ship and module transfer because quality of life consideration but you saw how that turned out.

No. Its been proven time and time again they're ultimately too deep in their delusion. Its either 100% immersion or nothing. No compromises that aren't for immersion. If its not furthering the game as a job-sim they'll bitch and moan endlessly. I hope Frontier continues their attempts to ignore them for the Commanders.

If they want immersion so bad they should give them only online and real time physics kek
7 real years to get somewhere

>people actually fly the keelback

they should also keep all the ships floating in space as they logout
want a safe logout? log while in a hangar

Did frontier really scrap that because of forum dads?
I thought they even took a poll and the majority said it was fine?

>only online
Unacceptable user. Other players saying something over chat or killing you in seconds then stealing your shit breaks immersion.
These are things they have actually said on the forums

But you see thats the thing. Their definition of immersion is disgustingly warped between being actual immersion and making sure nothing intrudes their safe space of mindless repetition.

>delete his save

>actually threatening pirates and assassins break your immersion
pusssies
either you go 100% immersion or you don't

Dads would absolutely lose their minds, even though that sounds dad as fuck.
I mean if you really use dad logic that's the only way the game should progress.
No closing the game whenever you want, otherwise you get a retarded Animal Crossing-esque punishment.
Fuck it no hyperspace, make traveling even more tedious.
Get rid of all flight assistance.
Increase the gravitational lock on large masses.
Larger insurance costs because 20k for a 400k ship with 500k of gear makes no sense.
Dads need the dad dick.

>Increase the gravitational lock on large masses.

Of all the things in this game, this one irritates me the most. Hell, actually all of supercruise just makes no fucking sense.

>going to a station
>accidentally put the thrust just a bit above the blue line
>overshoot it because deceleration is slow since im so close to the station
>this make sense because space is big!
>target another body far from me
>instant deceleration

I've actually used the "target something else" trick to instantly decelerate myself to save from overshooting. Why do they do this?

It would be funny if every time a shooting star hit your hull your ship got a little fucked up.
As well as other space debris and dust hitting the ship in hyperspace.
That could mean dads would have to dock nearly every other system instead of just jumping 15 times in a row.
They'd love it :^)

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=G1sgN_K8ttE