Alright, trying this again now that other Germans are awake, and with an update

Alright, trying this again now that other Germans are awake, and with an update

>get my first mod last week (Alpina horn button)
>take it to TüV to get it certified
>they inspect it and say they can't prove it's genuine because there are no markings on the back
>try to contact Alpina but they are now part of BMW and basically tell me they can't say how to spot a real one so they can't help
>TüV will not release my car since it's now not certified for road travel and insurance is invalid
>they won't let me go there to reinstall the stock one
My only option right now seems to be having the car towed to a shop, having them install the original horn button, then having it towed back to TüV for them to sign off. Is there any other path I can take? I really don't have the money to do that, and I need my car.
inb4 >hurrr durr move to USA
No

holy fucking shit TUV is so fucked
i'm sorry for u user
can you not install the horn button yourself?

....And there's a thread over there with Europeans bragging about how amazing their car culture is.

I rest my fucking case.

That sounds fucking stupid. Tow car home. or have tow truck take you around the block drop car and then drive it home. reinstall factory shit.

Am american so i would just tell that shop to fuck off and give me my car back. drive it home

>be european
>do my first "mod"
>it's just a button
>car is not roadworthy because replacing your buttons is illegal in yuropa

This can't be real.

They won't let me work there or I already would have done that

>be American
>modify your shitty car and make it unroadworthy
>somehow it's legal to drive still
>wheels fall off
>get shot
In Germany we have the autobahn, we can't have retards fucking with their cars putting everyone in danger.

My home is much farther than the nearest shop, so it would take more money to do that.

How do they inspect the back of the button without taking it off the steering wheel?

So putting a new horn button on it makes it not road worthy then, huh

They took it apart, but they won't install my stock one because they are there for inspections, not to perform labor to cars.

If it was an imitation (I know it's not) but let's say it was and it broke you would not have use of the horn, which is a safety feature. You can't just say "well this is ok but this isn't" a system of certification must be in place in a country where you can legally drive 200mph on public roads.

Horns aren't just for honking at whores on the street

Except they are

>In Germany we have the autobahn, we can't have retards fucking with their cars putting everyone in danger.

That's the go to what do for the europoors.
But German highways are largely restricted, and 99% of the traffic on them goes under 80mph.
Speed limits aren't hard limits. Stretches of highway between cities in the US average left lane traffic is commonly over 100mph.
Yes, that means that 60year old granny driving her ferd f600 superdook is doing 100 on the highway.
Speed limits don't influence driver behavior beyond increasing risk of crashing because they're looking out for the cops.
People go what speed they feel fit for the road, and if they're hooning the speed limit doesn't matter to them at all.

German just like government interaction. They like regulation. They like systems with order.
That's their culture, you can like your freedom restricting laws all you want, but don't pretend that there is a reason for them that translates well to other cultures, because it doesn't.

>implying your 3cyl shitbox would make it to 200mph

dumb ameriposter

I'm very happy that you fatbodies can drive your mom's Oldsmobile to Wal Mart and get a Dale Earnhardt made in China steering wheel installed with no certification, but nobody cares. I asked for help for my particular problem from people that know what they are talking about (that's not you, if you couldn't figure that out Americans).

They can't just push your car out to the parking lot while you make it roadworthy again?

I like how you do things Germany, I really do.
But you take the rulefagging far too far sometimes.

on some streets you have to honk before every corner

>tfw my daily hasn't had a horn for 5+ years
>passes inspection 'errytime
>if someone is doing something stupid on the road I carry a box of pennies(coins for the euros) and just hurl them at them
>works everytime

Maybe in some European shithole. Not in my America though

Can't really enjoy the Autobahn when the government takes your car for installing a fucking button

the america you're talking about isn't yours

I would suggest moving to a country where the government doesn't steal your car.

This sounds like bullshit, a horn button does not need to be certified, if it's swappable it shouldn't matter anyway because you're driving some old shitbarge with no airbags anyway

>take car to inspection
>inspector's running a bit late, I grab some coffee on the house
>finally comes out and drives my car onto the suspension testers and brake tester
>all pass, tell him the 10% difference in the rear is because I literally just replaced the rear discs and pads last saturday along with the springs and bearings
>nods, says it'll usually take some time for them to bed themselves in anyway
>inspector doesn't check if windshield- and headlight washers are working, doesn't even test the windshield wipers
>asks about the wire coming from the alternator going nowhere, tell him it's to jump start the alt if it doesn't start working in the cold
>he nods
>doesn't care about my aftermarket headlights, only notes that "legally" I shouldn't duplicate my park-lights in the housing
>says it doesn't matter, won't cause a crash anyway
>doesn't say anything about my non-certified LED lights
>lifts it up, goes under and inspects the rear
>compliments on how he doesn't see any rust, notes how nicely the fresh tar on the bolts still smell
>my car passes, he only makes a note about some oil slowly leaking from the engine
>ask him what they usually say about LED-bulbs as turn signals as I point at the non-certified bulbs in my aftermarket housings
>says that they won't say anything if they don't notice
>he smiles, I smile
>says he hasn't seen a single LED bulb outside of new cars that was certified, says he doesn't really understand why they don't just set a standard for them already
>hands me my paperwork
>another year of driving
>leave positive feedback to the inspector

It is though. Sorry you have to live in Europe. You'll never experience real life

>You'll never experience real life

then what am i experiencing

If you're so proud of being cucked by your nazi government over petty bullshit than stop whining about it and take the fucking button off your car.

what is keeping you from telling them you are towing it home.
>have the tow guy drive down the street like 3miles.
>drop car in parking lot.
>pay tow man for his easy as fuck short tow
>drive the rest of the way home
>put shit back at home
>drive back to place
>pass inspection

the american dream is real
>tfw i need another 4 years for a engineering degree than i can move to the usa

In the real america you don't get your car inspected.
You just send the government $20 for your stickers to do your part.

oh neat, it's the same here in India

but why would you want to live in america? we have much better benefits over here
i'd say even australia or new zealand would be your better choice

>m-muh benefits. muh healthcare
Literally nobody needs that bullshit unless you're a massive pussy and need a doctor to constantly check to see if Jamal ripped your boipucci during your daily raping

>Be Australia
>Know the inspector
>Tell him all my lights work
>Hands me papers and I drive home

i'm not talking to you

You are though

Europe.

I reported this thread to Interpol. You are fukt m8.

This can't be real, right?

I'm () european tho, nordic countries, Finland.

>collect $300 dollars
>fake up some documents
>hand the $300 to a repo man to go there with a truck, get the car, and tow it to you.
>move to USA.

>implying they won't want to see tow receipts to and from, along repair receipt from shop certified by the vehicle manufacturer AND TuV in horn button repair for that vehicle. Also certificate authorization numbers for both the shop and the mechanic performing the work are expected but this shouldn't have to be said since it's a matter of course

Eurocuck

POO

IN

THE

LOO