/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Overslept past the launch date:
>Ringed City DLC stuff
Shills will post detailed information on February 8, ignore fake "leaks" until then
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/142135
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/142147
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/142153
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This one was created first

Why does pyromancy in DaS3 feel so much more fun than sorcery or miracle? Is it because of the burning effect it does on mobs? Is it because of the damage? Do the devs expect you to rely on your weapons more for sorcery and miracle since you have to invest in 1 stat instead of 2? Seriously, lightning spears feel bad as soon as you get them, but fireballs feel good from the tutorial, even when you get the Morne ring.

No it wasn't.

I miss being able to parry. I could parry fucking everything in Dark Souls 1. I haven't been able to parry since.

Yes it was. 1 second before.

Gotta use those small shields.

1.12 patch notes confirmed!

>buffed the spell Acid Surge. It now destroys equipment in six seconds or less.
>added the new miracle Soul Sucker. It uses the same animation as Sacred Flame, and the number of levels it steals scales with intelligence and faith.
>adjusted Pestilent Mercury to no longer deal damage. Instead, it now inflicts the Curse status effect at a rate of 30 buildup per second.
>changed the effect of Vow of Silence. In addition to disabling spells in its area of effect, it now also slows all players as if they had Iron Flesh active. Vow of Silence has been renamed Tranquil Silence.
>added new fist weapon Pus of Man. In order to use its full abilities, the player must be infected by the Pus of Man.
>due to unforeseen complications during development, the Pus of Man infection could not be included in the new DLC and will be added as separate downloadable content in the future, release date to be determined.
>added three new spells to the game, named Chaos Focus Souls, Sunlight Bed Vestiges, and Crystal Sunlight Spear.
>brought back all your favorite armor sets from Dark Souls 2, complete with their authentic original resolution and color palette. Their stats will be equal to their fully upgraded stats in Dark Souls 2.
>players may now find the complete Sunlight set, including armor, straight sword, shield, talisman, and maggot on a corpse in the new DLC.
>a new multiplayer item is included in the new content, called Eye of Death. Using it causes hostile NPC invaders to appear in other player's worlds. The effects stack with other players using the Eye of Death.
>added a new status effect to the game, called Dried. It can only be inflicted by a rare enemy in the new DLC. When a Dry player tries to summon another player for cooperation, there is a 50% chance that the summoned player will instead be a hostile red phantom. To cure Drying, the player must invade another player and kill the host, transferring the status effect to that player.

I just can't figure out the timing anymore

>No it wasn't.

Check your eyes retard

Apparently it's because the parry delay means that you have to predict the incoming attack before you actually hit L2.

It felt somewhat more balanced in DaS2, where the small shields actually had a longer delay but more parry frames, so the trade-off was reaction-parry with less leeway versus prediction-parry with more leeway. As opposed to DaS3 where Caestus is just better than almost everything else in every way.

>Tfw that last one's actually kind of cool

Why does the Asylum Demon have a huge jiggling booty?

high lord wolnir is bad boss design

In DaS2, you have to parry a bit early because of the delay on the shield swing, but if it matches the animation, it usually parries. It's easier to parry with something like a Small Leather Shield, but parrying with a medium shield is still pretty doable with practice.

For DaS3, I gave up parrying with a medium shield. The enemies attack so fast it never feels like the animation connects for the shield swing, so I can never understand the timing for the parry even if I do it sometimes. So I pretty much exclusively use small shields for that game.

Is there any reason to use a weapon in the left hand in ds1?

Dont use this as a springboard to talk about ds2 pls

How do you fucking parry players though? IN Das1 you had to parry just as the attack started, what's the timing now?

Disregard that, I suck cocks. Apparently the parry shields in DaS2 were better than medium shields in almost all respects, save for recovery frames.

Better AoE, I guess.

Personally I've hated sorcery and offensive miracles all the way throughout DaS1/DaS2/DaS3.

Pyromancy always felt like a more rugged and reliable. But I've never felt comfortable with a 'pure caster' type character ever, so maybe I feel this way about Pyromancy because it compliments just about any playstyle.

offhand curved swords and rapiers can parry with l2 and attack with l1 I believe.
Quelaag's Furysword in the offhand is actually pretty decent for PvP but in PvE you're just better off with a shield.

So when are they bringing back the single greatest piece of male leg attire the series has to offer?

Furysword and Gold tracer have great off-hand movesets.

I still dont get how parry works in ds1. Do I hit the button right before I get hit?

Isnt it better to have a shield if you're going for parries?

posted in other thread as well:
Should I just use a ref gem for 40/40 WP? Someone said dark or deep could also be decent for something?
wat do /dsg/?

>washing pole

please leave

jesus, this game really is drowning in unused bloodborne assets, I thought it was just a meme. I just ran into this thing and it os flat out a BB enemy, from the open ribcage to the way it uses it's mouth, it's a cool as shit enemy but it feels lazy not to just save it for a BB 2 or something.

You can also parry with curved swords and rapiers in the off hand. Attack with L1, Parry with L2. The frame difference between Medium shields and Curved Swords is negligable if I remember correctly

there's kindof a middleground with diminishing returns around where leveling up causes the prisoner's chain to be less worthwhile

If you're using something like build related, someone 10 levels ahead of you will have very little advantage and only really gains more weapon variety, so you can invade anywhere from the settlement to the cathederal just fine with it

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/142135

if you opt to run a build that isn't this low, you only miss out on the twink areas and get a few more weapons at your disposal

Are there any Pyromancies that are worth the slots for a sorcerer in DS1?
Mostly PvE I guess, though maybe I'll finally git gud one of these days and stop getting stomped in PvP

That isn't the kitty feets, user.

It also has a visceral animation

>unused

The theme song is stuck in my head as I post this.

FUCKING FURRY FAGS
GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

Black flame is very worth it in pvp, though you're gonna want 45 dex for cast speed

gcfo is pretty alright as well

as I recall, rapport is good for pve at least, and the regular orbs are more slot/damage efficient than the chaos orbs (though you want the chaos orb lava in pvp)

CHORUUUUUUS
DAANAAANAAAAAAAAAA

now you're just doing it on purpose

Combustion if people get in your face.

Iron flesh and especially power within can work quite well with specific setups

Toxic mist and firestorm have some situational uses

people wail on shields with it for chip damage, though that's more of a CCS job than a washing pole job and resin is always an alternative

Why do people love chaos fireballs so much? Do people actually ever run into the lava?

I seem to remember that they're pretty gluttonous demons, so maybe he's just fat.

Rapport is great just for fucking around in PvE, or as a babby seed of giants against invaders which can be pretty funny. No real reason aside from variety to choose any other pyro over a scorcery just for PvE though.

More damage and arcs. You can at least lob one on the ground for safety. You literally can roll once and be completely done with vestiges.

even it's fighting methods are based on bloodborne. The boss is incredibly active and hops around constantly, has side swipe attacks that inherently assume you are dodging. blocking doesn't really work on this boss either because it's aggressive and strong attacks wear you down fast.

Power Within.

das2 was parry shields for long window but slower startup vs parry dagger for fast startup but shorter window

and then there was the painting scimitar but that got patched out

not exactly, but it controls area by posing a threat

not worth it against AI at all unless they actually are dumb enough to just sit in it

>Level in arena drops
>Feel like an absolute scrub

>Level in arena rises
>Lament being paired up with nothing but meta shitters

Just can't win lads

>invade at level 20
>guy has over 1000 health and the black knight greatsword

was he a hacking faggot

On the other hand, it kind of confirms that real shields actually would be useless in bloodborne.

i still don't even know what that boss does
i just locked onto his hands and hit bracelets while skeletons spawned somewhere behind me

Irithyll is basically "we enjoyed making bloodborne and now have to make this shitty game, so we're just going to keep making bloodborne"

Bloodborne has a system where you regain health if you attack right after taking a hit though, right?
Shit falls apart without that

You can beat it easily with DSGS

yes, but it's incredibly high risk high reward, if you fuck it up you die.

>get caught by boss's attack
>lull in the action
>was gonna attack anyway
>gain health back
Where is the risk

obviously refined is better on a refined build
the guy with a dark washing pole was probably doing a hex/pyro character

>implying the boss just attacks and waits for you to rally your health back
If you haven't played, please don't even bother speaking

he played through the game at sl20 and never leveled up

but he might've just used the cheat engine XD

Lazy way to fix weapon variation - No new animations required, just moveset swap - no effort required

Post your ideas

>Greatsword
>warcry WA with greatclub moveset
>Fume UGS, Propaned
>L2 into R1 does the ugs spin WA
>Cathedral KGS
>R2 is great club's
>Exile GS
>Give it the DaS1 Kumo moveset
>Greataxe
>Give it the DaS1 moveset
>Demon's Greataxe/Earth Seeker
>Give it the DrakeeperGS moveset
>Vordt Mace
>R2 is large club leap with freezing AoE. Frostbites in 3 R1 or 2 R2
>WA is DaS1 large club R2 leap
>Great Mace
>Greataxe R1s, R2 is stomp into pancake
>Dragon Tooth
>DaS2 pancake R2
>DaS2 rolling attack

Who is this? Do we know? Considering the statues next to her (?) are intact, I'd guess it is deliberate defacing.

>Get hit by bosses attack
>Lull in the action

This is the point I disregarded your opinion

bring back handmaid's ladle in dlc2

if you pvped with that thing you would feel godlike whenever you won and it wouldn't matter when you lost because it was a fucking soup ladle

Probably the First Scholar. It could either represent an insane amount of wax, or a deliberate defacing due to them being against the linking of the flame, which goes against the beliefs of Lothric.

You have only a second or two to regenerate it, and you aren't going to regenerate it all in one or two attacks. And nearly every boss in that game is hyper aggressive and doesn't leave long periods where they're open.

don't forget these babies.

he meant in ds1

This just made me realize greathammers had amazing movesets in previous games and I had no idea.

I miss my R1 into R2

>Literally have Messengers on their backs
Holy shit I never noticed those amongst the skulls before.

Was going to say this

>what is prisoner's chain
>what is life ring +3
>what is ring of favor +2

If he wasn't wearing them he may have been cheating

Some bosses are super retarded and get stunned easily if you hit them enough, it works.

>fight NK with greataxe
>never stun him
>fight him with a SS
>stun him all the time

who said this is ok

Then you're not rallying

How good is the Sage's Ring, fampai?

Is there a point to using a weapon that isn't the fucking claymore in DS3

There's no upper limit for invasions. He could be easily sl 30

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/142147

No need for +1 or +2 rings

Regular is pretty shit, but +2 is fantastic.

Has there ever been a good axe in this series? It seems like any use an ace has is done better by some other weapon group

>take damage
>attack boss
>boss limb gets stunned or the boss himself gets stunlocked
>get more hits in
>rally a lot of health

>fight NK with an UGS, NG+7
>it's fucking impossible
>switch to a faster weapon

There is an upper limit you dumb dumb

good? yes
fun? no

There is? Seems I was wrong about no upper cap. Even then, just checked, you can still invade someone SL 30, so my point stands.

Perfectly legit. People who assume others are cheating due to ignorance are the worst kinda of babies.

Millwood battle axe is a great weapon

Thrall axe is one of the best daggers in the game.

In dark souls 2, do I really have to get brotherhood of blood up to rank 3 to get the great chaos fireball for the achievement? I am trying to get all the achieves and getting covenenants up for shit like that is a huge pain.

yea

good luck

Hit NG++ and go find Wellager. He'll sell it and the Sunbro spell.

>Tfw your name gets censored if it has the word Knight
>Because the letter nig are together in the word
This is the most ridiculous shit I've seen all fucking day are you serious

But you'll need wrath of the goods

for that you need 500 wins in the blue arena
and each fight costs a white thing you get for cooping
so you inflate your SM to billions just to fight

Und*** K***ht

the funniest part is that you can bypass it just by using capital letters

What the fuck ead gets fucking censored?

the stat reqs aren't that high if he's just twohanding it, and even if he had 30 str and 1k hp embered that's far from impossible

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/142153

20 vig and favor +0 alone gets you over 1k as a host due to the ember bonus, you can have enough stats for that and 20 end + 1h BKGS even at level 24

there is an upper limit, it's as wide as your downward range plus 10 or something like that

>Demon's Souls
Executioner Axe was a popular STR option with infinite stunlock and good stats
All greataxes were good, even Dozer Axe was good for its sheer fuck you to shields

>Dark Souls
After the patches were done, axes were one of the few weapons to retain infinite stunlock and had high poise break to abuse it, Gargoyle Tail Axe was a menace with a buff
BKGA was good once

>Dark Souls 2
Axes in general were pretty meta once the buffs started rolling in, their speed and rollcatching was astoundingly good
Greataxes were strong though easy to parry 1h, drakekeeper greataxe remains my weaponfu

>BB
Hunter Axe was everything you'd ever want in a weapon

It's Dark Souls 3 where they're meh, everything has the same moveset, like even beyond Dark Souls 2

Eat a dick.

Actually wellager sells that as well on NG++.

eat a dick

No fucking way and I can change my name via Rosaria?