/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/GG0z8BZU
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

>HEY GUYS WHEN IS SKYRIM SCRIPT EXTENDER COMING TO SPECIAL EDITION??
Tentatively expect a beta in mid-March 2017

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E0kMBpq7UXo
imgur.com/a/apALz
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69584/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/42356/?
moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54212/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73167/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i hate people who dont play khajiit

youtu.be/E0kMBpq7UXo
See if you can identify the mods used in this video.

Here's a short little storytime if anyone's interested

imgur.com/a/apALz

Someone kill me.

Harmony post

waifus, yadda yadda

That was nice.

Great, guess a man can't run from his past...

Nice story.

POST YER NEWEST SCREENSHOT

I cant, so have the newest SFW one.

>Yar Haar and a Bottle of Rum
Hue

>Try to recruit second follower
>Endless "Quit your bellyaching" every time I talk to them
>They won't follow

Rude.

Tried to take a picture of the whole crew but they wouldn't cooperate.

2nd newest

I can't find drevis neloren.

is there a mod that actually turns him invisible? He isn't obeying his AI schedule at all.

For reference, drevis is the master illusion trainer in the college. I could just spawn one of him at my position, but if there's a mod that's doing this, I'd like to try to play through whatever quest it is.

Immersive college of winterhold expands the schedules of npcs I believe.

Did you eat it

Figured it out.
For some reason he spawned on a cliff outside the college, and couldn't follow his own schedule. I'm considering killing him and spawning another.

Kharjo is a better companion than all of your waifus COMBINED.

Goddamn I can't find any fingernail mods that don't look like gaudy nigger shit.

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69584/?

Thank You.

Is there a mod that enables passive regeneration of enchantment charges?

r8 my dragon born

more like Solid Snakeborn

Morrowind.

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/42356/?

hjalti/10

I get so caught up with all the mods I forgot you can make decent vanilla looking characters

Summermyst has that enchantment.

I love Summermyst, but it has the issue of allowing a weapon to instakill any enemy in the game no matter the health or resistances.

Give attention

I love short girls with big racks

reposting from last thread
how do I tell what's crashing my game in a specific area (Sky Haven Temple)
all that's there is USLEEP, ELFX, TESMUSIC, and Immersive Armors (although everything I expected to find there doesn't crash my game when I console it in)

here ya go

1/5 start over

C U T E
U
T
E

>ELFX

It's the only good lighting overhaul.

She needs to get ORCED asap

Do not use gifs of my god-emperor to spread false memes

ELE's okay too. But other than that there's no good lighting mods and that fella is either a shitter or a faggot with shit taste.

>Solstheim in late Third Era
>zero Dwemer ruins
>Solstheim in Fourth Era
>three Dwemer ruins

what the literal cockfuck happened

ELE + RLO + ELFX-enhancer is the patrician option.

But seriously, check if ELFX is fuckign with things, I recall there being some issues with it along those lines.

CHIM

>ELE + RLO + ELFX-enhancer

relighting skyrim+non shit enb

fucking Miraak

RLO is never the right decision, and Enhancer is something only toasterfags without ENB should consider.

Sky Haven Temple is THE biggest, highest filesize world model in the entire game (the whole temple is one mesh!) so there's a lot of room for error. Too many light sources could cause problems since a single model can only be lit with so many lights. It may be a conflict between the three, but no one mod out of them is necessarily the direct cause.

>hairpacks that add several hundred hairs
How the fuck is anyone supposed to sift through all of this shit to find something they like

Going for a dark knight. Necromancy/ lifesteal via my weapon and a spell mod are going to be my edgy powers.

Question is what weapon would a "dark knight" use? Website says they have no shield so dual wield or 2h? And alteration with edgemaster robes or heavy armor?

You start to recognize the names of ones you like the more you use them. Writing stuff down helps too.

worst part?

you'll probably like none of them

by clicking left and right

By moving the slider from 0 to 1000, multiple times until you settle on one then decide you might want to change it, then you look for alternative styles and forgot the number of the first one so you get to go find that again and realize you didn't like it that much.

>tfw beat the main story, did most of the faction quests, and am running out of side quests to do
Help. I spent weeks modding this game and I don't want it to end already.

Install rape mods. Or quest mods. Or do your darnedest to turn Skyrim into an anime.

Whatever floats your boat.

just finish it. get out while you still can.

>Or do your darnedest to turn Skyrim into an anime.

L̞̩̜̤E̶̩̭̣͉̘̹̦T͈̬̝͎ͅ ̭͔̳͖̗̥Ḿ̯E̶̥ ̙̗̝͇͇̜ͅS̻̜͓̞̜͙̘̀H̴̳̯̬̦̗̦̺Ơ̮W̤̳̭̙̻̦̬ ̝͕̺̩̬Y͔̤͓̘̼͉O̠̜̞͘U̖͎

moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

What are some other mods that might be relevant? I can load it in the CK just fine (with only those mods listed, CK crashes if I try anything close to my whole LO), so if it's something wrong with those mods then it's something wrong that doesn't fire in the CK.

Am I missing a lot of fun if I do Dawnguard at level 11?

I just want to become a cool vampire, not the filthy kind.

Not really.

So you have more mods than that, those are just the ones that you can see edit it? Oh boy, that complicates things.

The first thing I would do is disable tesmusic. It's weird that it would edit that cell, and if it edits music there it might be a faulty music file, which would explain why it doesn't bother you elsewhere.

I've had a lot of bad luck with music mods in the past, TESMUSIC included. Although in its case I just got sick of hearing old battle tracks in dungeons.

Vanilla has that issue too, doesn't it? Mehrunes' Razor.

I have more mods from loverslab than I care to admit, but I have to say the novelty of watching my character get fucked by everything wore off after like a week sadly.

I'd love to try some player quest mods. Maybe I'll look into those next.

It's hopeless user. I'll just use alternate start and whatever other non-dragonborn mods there are out there and play again.

Hey /tesg/ I'm using Custom Races and I'm having a weird problem where when I turn into a vampire, the characters original eyes are still there.

Like, it seems like my character has TWO sets of eyes, and they clip into eachother. I can change the new eyes normally, but the old eyes are stuck as what the were, and they don't show up in sculpt. What do?

that's on a very low chance.

with summermyst though, it's guaranteed
>fortify enchantments on ring, circlet and glove
>amplify destruction on robe
>drain magic resistance + resonance on weapon

with enough enchanting power, your attack can drain 100% magic resistance and then deal 50% of the target's current health in damage.

If the target has 0% magic resistance, that goes to -100% and it gets executed.

If it has more than that, the second hit is a guaranteed kill.

RIP

Considering starting a thief character without letting myself savescum. Will I be spending enough time running away from guards that I should just have yakkety sax on a loop or what?

If you plan on doing any pickpocketing, yes.

god I fucking hate Skyrim's pickpocketing system.

I have immersive college of winterhold installed, and Faralda keeps missing her spells to light the torch things on the path leading to the college.
Nothing is blocking her, she just paths to the side and tries to noscope the well, hitting the wall.
Is there a fix for this?

And then it gets even better when you add additional hair mods, or load up the same hair mods in a different order from last time, making actually remembering the style's numbers worth jack squat.

Personally, I wanna learn how to creation kit, so I can edit out all the styles I know I'll never ever use, and have a nice little organized collection I always use on every character.

I don't know what you're talking about, you should already have yakkety sax on a loop whenever you play skyrim.

but really you should just get the mod that lets pickpocketing chances cap at 99 or 100

Those are all the mods that deliberately changed the cell itself, either by adding, removing, or adjusting the position of something. A mod could replace something, although I'm not sure if that's the case since CK is totally cool with it.

TESMusic is supposed to play Nerevar Rising's Reprise when you enter, I guess. I was about to check if the file was corrupt or something, but I can't play XWM files.

That's the kind of broken I don't mind though, because it takes very specific sets of enchantments, a large skill investment to get them, and a large gold investment too. And it doesn't make you immune to arrows. At the very least, it's more balanced than stealth archery in vanilla skyrim.

It reminds me of Morrowind, where there were tons of builds like this that could make you godlike.

Pickpocketing is dumb in skyrim, and there isn't a mod that actually fixes it.

Just letting your passive chance reach 99 or 100 isn't good enough. There needs to be more active ways to guarantee it.

Just toggle it off and see if you can load into the cell then.

I guess. For that specific setup you need a lot of enchanting power, yes.

You can also stack about 95% chance to reduce shout cooldown to 2 seconds, which is fun.

I'm wondering if you can stack 100% damage reduction when below 25% health and just keep playing under 1/4 health as an immortal near death person.

I would have appreciated a little minigame for it, so that if you fuck up it's actually because of something you did and not RNG.

Pickpocketing really should have had a minigame like Lockpicking, except if you fail you get caught. Instead of a percentage to be detected, it would be a percentage analogous to lock difficulty. You'd only have one chance to succeed, and you'd potentially be able to increase that number with perks or something.

Pickpocketing is just so ludicrously poorly designed, it's almost like they didn't even think about it or something. :^)

I'm all for skill checks, but the penalty for literally just using the mechanic should not be getting attacked by guards.

I miss the speechcraft minigame from Oblivion too.

That was actually the best speechcraft has ever been in this series.

Why did they pull it? Was it because autists who couldn't recognize facial expressions sucked?

I had fun with Ordinator's sneak and pickpocket perks.

I had Extra Guards
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54212/?
and Populated Cities
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73167/?
so there were plenty of people to steal from, and if I had to kill a few it wasn't a big loss.

Hold on, I just booted up the CK again to see if turning on the simulated lighting breaks it, when I looked around and saw these shitters. I didn't look around before because I had never done the MQ up to this point and wanted to remain unspoiled.

What the hell, Immersive Armors. The models looked perfectly fine when I added them by console and dropped them on the ground. HOW ARE THEY BROKEN NOW

I'd post an ice cream tub on fire like I usually do but I think this is more apt at the moment.

Because it was the opposite of rng, it was all player skill and persuasion level simply didn't matter.

>Requires Key
>Even the Skeleton Key can't open it
BETHESDAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Welp, at least you now found your problem. And now I want ice cream...

>What the hell, Immersive Armors. The models looked perfectly fine when I added them by console and dropped them on the ground. HOW ARE THEY BROKEN NOW
I've never had that problem before with IA in all my playthroughs of the MQ. Good job.

The ruins were revealed by the red mountain exploding.

Also because it was fucking strange. Imagine walking up to someone and telling them you admire them, followed by coercing them, telling them a random joke, then bragging, and repeating this cycle about five or six times.

Granted they could have just kept the core system and changed the fluff, but still.

>one is specifically excavated
>another exists in the cracks of an iceberg or something that's clearly eroded
>the third was established to be able to sink beneath the sea

thanks

How performance intensive is Vigilant and Darkend?

Graphics card is pretty old, but I have been able to play large things like Gray Cowl of Nocturnal. As well as have medium sized hordes of enemies with OBIS and SIC running at the same time.

You'll be fine with Vigilant. Just don't download the high-res textures.