freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/b6DdZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Haskell for gamedev

Third for Rust for gamedev

What do you plan on doing today, agdg?

haskell is a skank who will never have the motherly warmth of C

Choice selection is mostly up and running now. Still a few bugs to iron out, namely that it only works on the first choice set you encounter.

Suggested discussion topic:
Kickstarter and early access
Taxes
Updating games after release with new content for free, is it worth it?
Marketing and press
Making a game that stands out
Player retention
Social interaction
Multiplayer
Monetization
Making good tutorials
UI
Control schemes
Design principles/philosophies
What makes a game fun

Implement the boomerang shield attack, hopefully

not delude myself, make a nice camera

Kek

>Full Sail Shitposting
Do not post here ever again.

Can someone give me a discord invite link pls

The Japanese under the agdg logo is wrong. It should be ただゲームを作るのが好き, not ただのゲームを作るが好き

ただ (just) isn't a noun or a verb. There is no reason for the particle の to go after it. の belongs after 作る because 作る (to make) is the action you are doing, and to make that the subject you have to treat it like a noun by putting の after it.

Fuck google translate.

Haven't devved in a while, but I really want to get back into it. Every time I come up with an idea, I realize there's something preventing me from making it.
What kind of 2D game can I make with minimal AI programming, and a simple, minimalist art style?

Draw more of the non-attacking frames and make some background tiles. I just want to go back to programming. Art was a mistake.

Expires in 30 min.
discord.gg/b6DdZ

>Making good tutorials
That's a nice topic.

How do for strategy / management games? I feel like doing it the 4X way is the only valid option, meaning a tick for enabling disabling, then a pop-up for every new content the player engages.

You need to fuck off and kill yourself.

You fell apart into a blubbering mess over your inability to duct tape a racing level together. Your opinion privileges are revoked.

>Literally just made up the list to see if we get any actual gamedev relevant discussion
>No you're shilling for some shit college!
Do you have mental problems?

You have weird ways of spelling Rust.

>it's C with arbitrary limitations

lol no thanks ho

Why do you only capitalize half of your sentences? :^)

Why do you post your progress and ideas on a thread literally filled with people hungry for ideas and designs?

>arbitrary
Dumb Cposter.

>wanting segfaults

Because nobody here has the drive to actually steal them.

Because I like to.

>u-ur crazy!! ur all crazy!!! wah wah ur juss a psycho bully ;__; ;__;
t. sourcefaggot

Because I hope someone who is better at gamedev will steal my idea and actually finish my game.
No one ever does though. So I'm just stuck making my game.

Not sure what you mean via 4x.
Personally I just like the game being open from the go, and hoover for information on buildings/etc. Then having a separate tutorial where you get a feel of the game, but doesn't necessarily take you all the way thought, instead the UI has a button to show you a few graphs on things like resources chains / units / etc.
Basically, include the "wiki" inside the game so players can consult it when needed, and don't have them in an incredibly slow tutorial that covers it all. A campaing is a somehwat decent way of showing individual things too, but you end up having to produce a lot of content which isn't too exciting.

Just fuck off and kill yourself already you stupid nigger. Jesus. You couldn't even make a game.

>This deep intent on shitting up the thread and contributing nothing
Man I knew these threads were total shit, but I thought it was accidental, not intentional. Guess the retard nodevs actually won.

Where is your game? Oh, that's right. You don't even have one. You never had one. You never even intended to make one. You couldn't even make a ""map"". Just pathetic. Absolutely fucking pathetic. Maybe you should kill yourself already, you stupid tranny faggot.

How to make MMO lol?

>Not sure what you mean via 4x.
Several 4X space games have used the same approach to tutorials lately. You start a normal game, tick or untick "Tutorial" and when you click on a menu you haven't clicked before, a pop-up opens to tell you what you see.

>include the "wiki" inside the game so players can consult it when needed
That's actually not a bad idea. Beats having a browser open on monitor 2. Stronghold did this quite well.

>Man I knew these threads were total shit, but I thought it was accidental, not intentional.
hownew.ru

>Guess the retard nodevs actually won.
Because you replied. Report, hide, filter. Do not engage the Volkszersetzer.

Improved the edge detection for tiles so they blend seamlessly - happy with it, although there's still a couple issues with sorting depth.

You LITERALLY have no game and never had one, you fucking nigger moron. Why are you here?

I actually had them filtered but it seems I cleaned my cookies or something and my filters broke.
Is it actually a shitposting bot? The dedication is too high.

so i completely re did the sword system and it feels much better now, its also a lot more precise.

cant wait to add real models.

mmos are the easiest games to make
the combat doesn't even have to be fun, you don't need a story, zones can be almost entirely devoid of objects besides the enemies
slap a few big boss fights at the end and you're done

>Is it actually a shitposting bot? The dedication is too high.
I wish.
It's just a form of humor neither of us are smart enough to understand. Only a small elite troupe has seen the light and continues to bless the thread with their presence.

it's literally one single person, there are no "nodevs", it is singular

It certainly could be a bot because there are periods of hours where his posts simply don't make sense and I can't figure out what he's trying to say

Fuck off, shitposter.

it seems to follow the sleep cycle of someone who lives in australia, so I doubt it

i fuckin love that you're back working on this

Literally where is your game?

>add real models.
no

don't

You are going to jail. Literally. You ran your mouth on the internet, and now you're going to pay for it.

we'll see. the box people are growing on me but white rectangles don't make for the most interesting weapons.

That first swing was fucking tasty, we got a new exanima here bois

something like that.

Where is your game? Oh wait. You don't have one. You couldn't even elmer's glue a race track together. Fucking retard.

t. sourcefag

How do I make a timescale variable in game maker?

I can't find any good resources on it

I know the basics (make a global variable that starts at 1 and multiply every time-based thing by it) but I don't know how to tailor around that in terms of alarms and loops that wouldn't work without absolutes and I'm sure there are resources out there that explain the thing as a whole

Did I come here at a bad time or is this community just shit?

What's up with all this shitposting and pointless arguing?

>that hip wiggle
o baby

Dedicated shitposter who constantly tries to ruin the thread.
Luckily he uses the same words every post so it's easy to filter.

How does this all work? Are you moving your models with physics?

>i juss got here is it always le this le bad??
This tactic of yours is getting old, shitfam.

If you want to experience the gamedev, you gotta bring filters. The shitposting hasn't stopped for over a year, and there is no end in sight. Don't believe those who say it's just one person.

This is like my dream game that I wasn't good enough to make. I love it so much user.

yes. the characters are made entirely of rigid bodies and config joints.

That parry and decapitation got me moist, godspeed user, you are doing gods work

i don't really know yet

What should I work on user?

This will be the black horse kingdom come killer

908 days. 908 days and you still have no game. Why are you even here? Do you have the IQ of a potato?

i'm going to see how far i get before i completely bog myself down with feature creep.

Reminds me of Toribash

>908 days.
Thanks for the runtime update, shitbot.

Progress

909 days now. And still no game. Why haven't you killed yourself yet? Potato IQ tranny faggot.

You have no game. Why are you here?

t. sourcenigger
You are evil and I am glad you fucked yourself, you stupid hook nigger. Enjoy your next visit from the police, you fuck.

Make a comfy game!

i'm trying to make a real time toribash that hopefully plays like a normal game.

Work on getting out of my thread you gameless leper fuck.

nice early stuff
the string is stretching though, it shouldn't be

Do you even know how bows work, you stupid fuck? Where is your game? Fuck off with your Full Sail shit, you pathetic fuck. You're wrong. Deal with it.

>it shouldn't be
Uh oh. Looks like pepsifag is back to doling out his ""design advice"".

yes I do and the string doesn't stretch

Don't reply to the shitposting.

You are having your fit again, don't you? Should we call an ambulance? Do you need help?

when you move... you can´t stop the motion of your wheels... no brakes, you need take care how much time you press the direction keys...
and give some kind of specials for make a low speed... but never brake the speed, maybe you can add it, but with a highly cost in game and negative buffs
another ones:
magnetize certain areas... and repel in another ones...
-
>bonus:
take the kind of mechanic of the Rube Goldberg´s machines
if you want to move... you need shot the right button for move it... or make a bad thing

Planet Hot Wheels had a minigame where you're driving down a slope with no brakes, you had to crash into traffic cones to slow down and avoid hitting cars

>pepsifag is btfo again and desperately scrambling to defend himself
You don't know anything about literally anything. Keep toggling those lights and multiplying those colors, fucking faggot tranny. You're so wrong you can't even understand why you're wrong. Literal potato IQ. Pathetic.

>foreigner detected
to the camps with you

>still hunting a boogeyman
Understood, user. Help is on the way.

sounds like a newtonian space game

give ideas and stop to be a T-zombie

>T-zombie
fucking lol. Is this what H-zombies are resorting to now?

What are the controls like?

Tell us about static lights again, shitfam. :^)

yeah, I didn´t think already I have these king of ideas...

kind, opps

WHENS NEXT DEMO DAY AGGY DAGGY?