Anyone have any pictures of a Kids Heart Sileighty?

I have only ever seen three pictures of the real thing online, it seems like there's none.

And evidently Kids Heart has either closed or moved. There's a video from November showing that the shop is no longer there. It can still be seen on Google maps from June 2016 so it happened sometime between then.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vC-NVXjXD-8
vimeo.com/28760510
youtube.com/watch?v=-afEPlrFygY
youtube.com/watch?v=DMuGKUZloCc
youtube.com/watch?v=B8SzxKXtoHE
youtube.com/channel/UCIr6TGruCb4nf4J1enQ6d5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=09cQvh4br0g
youtube.com/watch?v=F22RbxHEpHI
carsensor.net/shop/aichi/030011001/review/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sileighty
drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685
carsensor.net/shop/gifu/312921001/stocklist/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, why does that Australian article say it was sold in 1994, but other people say 1998.

And the kouki tail lights were introduced in 1996 as far as I know so 1994 seems odd.

Poor resolution, but this magazine spread is straight from the Kids Heart website.

youtube.com/watch?v=vC-NVXjXD-8

I'll post some random Sileighty pics

Here's an actual RPS13 from 1994. But I don't believe it was actually sold in 1994 because of the tail lights that came out two years later.

Here is the car it was actually based on: Kouki Type X 180SX

There were four types: Type X meant it was SR20DET with the aero kit.

it's in gran turismo 4-5-6

good thread user

I've always wanted a Sileighty since I found out about them. I just want to import a 180SX type X and make into a Kids Heart replica. I probably wouldn't actually make it drift-spec though because I don't care for actually drifting it. The 240SX/180SX (Type X/S especially) is one of the best looking 90s cars ever made and the Silvia front end is freaking sweet.

Unfortuantely, I'm in California so I don't know how I'd go about importing one if I still live here when I have enough money to buy one. I just don't want to buy a 240SX and engine swap it and put on the aero kit. I want it to be that way from the factory

How is your 240 coming along?

Grammy a sick cunt

I like it better the other way around.

From the Kids Heart Facebook page

I found out they're still around. Don't know why they moved, but they have their current location on the Facebook page

Also from Kids Heart. Fairlady Z front end on a 180SX

It seems odd that were apparently available with an automatic according to this brochure (Look at the cover I posted above)

You could get them in other colors than white.

Veeky Forums, your lack of interest in this thread disappoints me. I thought you guys liked the S-chassis... this is cool stuff

Better quality picture. The one above makes it look like you could get it in dark blue. It's really like a purple.

Found a picture of that Sileighty I posted above (The real one, at least I assume)

Only 100 "officials" have been built right?

No, there were 500 made.

How can you distinguish an "original" from a bolt on?

The official Kids Heart Sileighties were based off 1998 Type X 180SXs. They had the vented grill (Not the one that says Silvia), brick shaped headlights (Not the triple circle ones), and a Silvia front aero bumper (pic related). Note the bumper has a black strip going around. I don't think it's painted on, I think it can just be removed, it's like a decal or something maybe. Anyways, the Sileighty doesn't have that. It's possible some Silvia aero bumpers never had that black strip in the first place, idk.

They say Sileighty the window and rear center piece. It came with the same wheels as a 1998 Type X 180SX.

As far as I know, there is no plaque or anything. The real or official Sileighties could be replicated and no one could tell the difference on the outside. They are considered 1998 180SXs as far as registration goes. But a real one would have a different ECU, no ideas about the details of that though.

Recent pic, this is at their new location.

Inside (Old location)

Btw, the guy in the striped shirt is THE guy. Masakazu Takayama, the founder of Kids Heart, the guy who came up with the plan and convinced Nissan to let him make the Sileighty.

This is one of their first drift cars

I'm starting to get the feeling that no one gives a shit.

Seriously, why is thread so unpopular? The Sileighty is awesome you bastards. Do I need a catchy title or something?

Another Kids Heart project. Nissan Stagea with R35 front end.

I'm not too into S-chassis stuff, but this is a cool thread.

Some of the Japanese import dealers have a sileighty on occasion, never seen an official one though.

Well, I've seen the S-chassis threads and they usually have a good amount of posts. And I thought this was interesting because people are usually confused about what the real Sileighty actually was.

No one has seen an official Sileighty it seems. I don't know where that Sileighty in the museum is (The first pic I posted), but that is the only pic of one I have ever seen that's not a magazine scan.

I was thinking maybe since they were drift-spec cars many of them were crashed? If you also consider that lots of Japanese cars are abandoned the Kids Heart Sileighties have to be one of the most rare cars in existence.

The cool thing is Kids Heart still exists! You can actually go to their shop. You can actually go there and talk to the guy who planned out the whole thing. I'm sure he has some idea or knows where at least one is. I don't get why there isn't any info on the Sileighty. Hell, you could send the shop a message on Facebook and see if you can get a response too.

They recently moved actually. Their address is on their Facebook, it was sometime between July and December because the shop is there on Google maps on July 2016 and there's a pic at their current one from December.

This is a video with the founder and creator of the Sileighty. Very cool, but honestly, not that amazing of an interview. I was hoping he would go into details about the Sileighty. He basically just said he went to talk to Nissan dealers and told them his plan and then Nissan gave him the go ahead to start making them.

vimeo.com/28760510

He talks about the Sileighty at the 7:00 min mark.

i like that car

I'm going to add on to this since I didn't talk about the performance.

The official Sileighties:

- had a different ECU
- Ran higher boost
- Had Tein suspension
- An improved LSD
- Was set up for drifting

I'm sure those brochures have some cool info, but I can't read Japanese and it's a little blurry anyways, but I'm sure someone can read it.

Not Kids Heart, but cool video of a Sileighty.

youtube.com/watch?v=-afEPlrFygY

It actually says Sileighty on the window and back.

youtube.com/watch?v=DMuGKUZloCc

Of course I'm just saying that's cool, I'm pretty sure this is just a normal Sileighty since it's missing the aero bumper, but it's pretty cool, regardless.

Another magazine

Just found out Kids Heart has a Youtube channel:

youtube.com/watch?v=B8SzxKXtoHE
youtube.com/channel/UCIr6TGruCb4nf4J1enQ6d5Q

180SX Type X just like they made the Sileighties from

youtube.com/watch?v=09cQvh4br0g

The Fairlady Z 180SX

youtube.com/watch?v=F22RbxHEpHI

Japanese Yelp

carsensor.net/shop/aichi/030011001/review/

K, I'm running out of shit to find I think.

>240SX hatch
>JDM Silvia bumper
>Turbo kit
Where's the problem? The KA24 is a much better engine than the CA18 anyway.

The Sileighty had an SR20DET. I don't want the KA24 or the CA18.

Swapping in an SR20DET is always illegal in California, it's a JDM engine never used in the U.S., it can ever be legally BAR'd.

And part of it is authenticity. I want my car to actually be as close as possible to the real Sileighty.

On top of all that. 240SXs here are always in shit condition. Then you have to find the tail lights, wheels, aero kit, seats, etc.

CARB fucks everything up :(

yeah and if you imported a 180sx CARB would still fuck you over

visual inspection is the biggest bullshit ever, wish the whole aftermarket would pool resources to get that shit removed

Exactly, that's why the problem is that I live in California. If I really decide I'm going to stay here and I want a 240/180SX then I'll just get a 240SX I guess and keep paying someone to make it pass smog.

I don't understand why they wouldn't allow an imported car (or any car for that matter) to be registered if it can legitimately pass smog.

Buuuuut wikipedia states that it's untrue. According to it Nissan never made sil80 and the official ones were made by Kids Heart. So what is the truth ?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sileighty

sil80s started because people were drifting 180sx's and when the ruined the front end, they would swap a silvia front end on it.

the rest is history.

CARB EO# D-271
Kenne Bell KB7700 Turbocharger System

You're welcome.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sileighty
Nissan did NOT make the Sileighty themselves. They were built by Kids Heart and licensed by Nissan and sold at Nissan dealers.

The number is also wrong, which is odd. It's supposed to be 500. Wikipedia lists the Kids Heart website as a source, who themselves have a picture of the brochure on their site. The brochure I posted above which clearly says it's a limited edition model with 500 made.

That's it. Takayama saw it as a business opportunity and approached Nissan dealers about his idea.

I don't follow. You're saying I should put this CARB legal turbo on a 240SX? It would still be illegal.

An engine that was never used in the U.S. can never be legal in the U.S. People out of California get away with it because they don't really care as much. In California, people obviously get away with it too though.

The 240SX was only sold in the US. Overseas, an S13 would either be a Silvia or a 180SX. So I'm saying you buy a (USDM) 240SX, put this CARB legal turbo kit on it as well as a JDM Silvia bumper, and call it a day.

Now, the only hitch is that (A) that kit is only approved for MY91-92 240SXes, and (B) that it's been out of production for decades. There's no way around A; you'll need to buy a 91 or 92 car. B actually works to your advantage. Just get any GT2560 + log manifold kit, and then get a fake sticker. No smog tech will have ever seen a real one because they're incredibly uncommon even amongst S-chassis owners. Who are they to call bullshit on your sticker?

Not a fan of how sileighty's look

S14.3's on the other hand...

Strawberry swapped S13 hatch with JDM Honda Odyssey lights a best.

Correct if I'm wrong, but it's not too hard to find someone to say your car passed smog even if you don't have CARB legal parts. So I rather just go the illegal route and get something closer to what I actually want.

I just realized the magazine you're responding to actually makes it seem like Nissan had a production line of Sileighties.

Ok, first of all, the magazine's credibility is a bit iffy to me because it says it was made in 1994. You see the pictures they put of a real Sileighty? I posted that magazine spread further down in the thread. You can see right there that magazine says 500 too. Yet this Australian magazine takes the pictures from there and says only 400 were made. And where is the mention of Kids Heart. They make it seem like a totally different story. Like Nissan secretly decided to make this in the early-mid 90s. Also, don't forget the tail lights that didn't appear on 180SXs till 1996. They even mention how it's in Gran Turismo who lists it as a 1998 themselves.

Where's that SCBro guy with the R32 GT-R in Japan? Does he speak Japanese. It would be cool if he or someone else could go to the shop and ask the guy himself what the deal is.

I meant to quote you^

Correct if I'm wrong, but it's not too hard to find someone to say your car passed smog even if you don't have CARB legal parts. So I rather just go the illegal route and get something closer to what I actually want.

And one more thing. As far as who built them. Honestly, it seems weird to think that this small shop put together hundreds of these cars. So I think it's more likely that he built some, and Nissan built the rest on their production line.

If you look at that last magazine spread I posted (Blue background) it looks like there is a picture of it coming out of a shop or production line, but it is so damn small and I can't read Japanese.

you mean the odyvia, pic related?

>strawberry swapped

Do you mean strawberry face? thats an S15 front end on a S13 hatch.

I just noticed this magazine has a picture of the Sileighty brochure I posted a pic of.

Just learned something new. Evidently the grill is a Nismo grill specifically. I just call it "the vented Silvia grill"

This post here seems legit: drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685

He puts a link to their website with a "Sil" after the slash. And this was in 2003.

According to this person, the Sileighty did not come with a full warranty.

I don't why the hell I'm so fascinated with this car, but I really want to find out more information.

And I'm amazed that today I could literally just send Kids Heart a message on Facebook or send the owner a message directly cause he's on there too.

I found their car dealership page: You can buy these: carsensor.net/shop/gifu/312921001/stocklist/

Recent pic of the shop covered in snow. Well, their cars at least.

I'm going to get someone to translate to from English to Japanese and shoot them a message. Hopefully they're willing to give info about the Sileighty to some random guy who just messaged them from the US.