Redpill me on jeep wranglers Veeky Forums

redpill me on jeep wranglers Veeky Forums

It's better than the current FJ.

now watch as yotafags sperg over this unpopular fact

the v6 sucks
thats all i know

They died in 2006.

They're preddy gud. The Rubicon comes with front and rear lockers and a remotely disengageable sway bar. They're also cheaper to lift and mod than the ifs 4x4's.

No it doesn't.

hope the driver was female

Total pussy magnet.

Only good offroad. Shit at everything else. Reliability is shit. Enjoy your death wobble.

They fixed the reliability issues on the newer ones. Of course they're going to be shit for road driving, but that not why you get one. It's why so many soccermoms get one to look cool, keep it for a year, then trade it in for a fucking crossover.

>front and rear lockers
Lockers as strongboxes, or something else?

>disengageable sway bar
Been at Jeep dealership, the sales guy could neither explain how this work, nor show where exactly this sway bar is on the Rubicon. I know what the sway bar is, but can you tell what makes this worth noting?

sales guys just sell the cars they rarely know specifics of cars unless they have a passion for vehicles they're there because they like selling or being sharks

You get more suspension flex in the front because the sway bar is no longer trying to keep the front tires at the same level

>Lockers as strongboxes, or something else?
Locking differentials you dolt.

You press a button that disengages the front sway bar and allows even more front axle articulation. With most aftermarket options, you have to get under the vehicle and twist a lever or use a tool. Dealer sales reps are fucking morons.

True enough. I have a retired boomer couple that live in my condo. The man owns a dodge ram 1500 that hauls air 364 days a year. She got a brand new 2 door wrangler.......1 year later she got ride of it and bought a new jeep gran cherokee.

>also why do boomers like dodge/chrysler?

and were reborn with a 50% price tag increase in 2016

Jeeps were notorious for being lemons from 2006 - 2015 and has apparently started to fix some of their shitty Chrysler components that they learned from Ram. Though, this could just because the newer Jeeps haven't had time to break down yet. We'll see.

The older Wranglers were the best offroaders available in North America. Small wheelbase and width and the LARGEST aftermarket support out of any available vehicle on the market. They also had AMC interiors that were completely phased out by the shitty Pentastars in 2006 (when the TJs died).

The CJs are really heavy but have their own unique feel and look to them. More easily wrenched on with a lot of interior and hood space. Carbs were notoriously bad but that could be fixed with a $500 Weber upgrade or a $1000 injector upgrade.
YJs are cheap and plentiful but at less comfortable. Think of them as the economy version of the
TJs are softer but more expensive. A fully non-rusted out one can easily cost above $7000. If they're sitting on 35s or higher, you're looking at above $10 000 depending on area. Though you can find pretty cheap fender rusted out ones for $3000 if you're on a budget.

These AMC jeeps all had issue with rust but they all have superior motors, injectors, Dana solid axles, and novelty features like removable doors and cheap winch bumpers $400-$600 for front or back. Lockers are cheaper for the older wranglers as well.

Once you past 2006, you get into Chrysler territory which can be fine if they're old enough to have seen bad days. Unfortunately, Fiat-Chrysler traded reliability for fuel economy and "comfort". Though, I have a few friends with Rubicons and Unlimiteds and the only bad thing I can say about them is their price and if it's worth getting horrible fuel economy.

All wranglers are cinderblocks on the highway, though. In terms of handling and MPG. Don't get them if you daily on the highway or more than 20km each way.

Even if I explained it, you wouldn't understand.

I'm a game warden and use mine for a lot for work when I don't have time to get my work truck. It's a 2015 and even though it only has 30K miles on it, I've already beat the fuck out of it. I've crashed it onto ravines, pulled heavy trucks out of ditches, crashed into snow banks, pulled a lot of lesbians with subarus out of a few inches of snow, etc...

Maybe it will shit the bed, but so far, I've beat the fuck out if this vehicle and I haven't had a singe thing fail.

Yeah when they work, they sure as hell work. The main issue people have with Jeeps is their general odds of reliability and Fiat-Chrysler's customer service when it happens (to be fair, most dealerships play around with them unless it gets published on social media or some shit).

There are a disproportionally high amount of Jeep lemons on the market and people always oust them when they're Jew-ed on social media. That takes a huge reputation blow and even a lot of my normie friends who don't even drive cars say things like "don't get a Jeep". They've had numerous computer issues in the past like random injector shutoffs that would stall the car on the highway going at high speeds or power steering shutoffs. But most of them had to do with the computers than the mechanics.

But if you're past the 30k point you should be fine. Just don't expect it to go 300k without an issue like those old AMC Jeep XJs.

how about for the occasional long drive?

I've got a JK and a YJ

Fun for a long drive. I do not recommend a soft top though

My friend uses his F-250 to tow his Jeep that sits on 37s to places. But then again, he has an F-250 plus like 5 other vehicles.

If you don't mind going the exact speed limit for the entire duration, then it should be fine. But you might want to consider earplugs for the wind, undercarriage, and tyre noise(s).

This actually sound about right. It seems like with the 2014 and newer models they've mostly straightened shit out. At the 200K mark, I plan on getting a new transmission and a 5.7 hemi swap either way.

They're not good for long drives but not unbearable if you aren't a pussy. However, if you have and alternative car/shitbox, use it for long road trips.

>there is no jeep

Nah cuz the situation is that I'm thinking about buying one but for a year my old man might have to use it. He has an impreza, too, but he wanted a car he could use on long drives. He has back problems and all the old age shit you get.

can you still take everything off of the hard top?

Earplugs and seat-swaps.
There was a guy on /ORG/ who swapped his seats out of his YJ for much more comfortable bucket seats since he's like six foot 4 or some shit.

Yes but remember the roll cage. Of any vehicle, if you ask "can I do x with this vehicle", the answer for the Jeep Wranglers is always "yes".
Though sometimes it would be "yes but it'll cost $1000".

As much as I love my JK, if he has back problems, I wouldn't recommend it.

>small overlap
>meaning anything
all small overlaps look horrible, IIHS revised it not too long ago to be worse

kek. This is what happens when you let fucking chinamen cuck your auto company. Holy shet

well i was expecting a huge redpill thread which would convince me to buy another SUV but in turn it actually bluepilled me and now i want one :/

How do I convince him?

no, that volvo is literally a perfect grade for the small overlap

that is the best case picture, the test is designed to fuck shit up

Like the other user said, you can get aftermarket seats but you have to acknowledge that the wrangler was not made for comfy highway cruising. Once again though, I've driven from central CO to south TX a few times with mine, but I'm also mid 20-something.

By take everything off, I assume you mean remove the hard top? If that's the case, yes you can

Chad cars.

are you retarded

>Locking differentials you dolt
Yeah, I figured that out while being offline. I come from a different world, they're usually called LSD there.

>front sway bar
Where is it located?

i feel like the IIHS wanted some way to feel more relevant, so they made a test for a type of crash that rarely actually happens and automakers don't design for, so it makes everyone look bad

That's fucking horrifying

The TJ is okay, but Chrysler/Fiat has really taken the piss out of the model. The YJ was the last Wrangler I would ever consider getting.