The Elder Scrolls Online general - /tesog/

DOOT Edition:

>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/01/31/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind--announcement-and-details
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/18/homestead-launch-dates
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/04/crown-store-showcase--january-4th-2017

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/117763621

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>PTS patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead/p1
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/315794/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-3

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Begiinner's Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Y

When I try to log in it tells me to rename my character
Been playing with the same name for months why is it doing thiz

Elder Thread

Why is the game te2me to rename my character

Why do i need to rename my character

Probably your name was too edgy and someone reported you.

Just choose a new name fag, at least you get to do it for free.

I don't want to rename my character how do i stop this

Redpill me on the factions, lads.

I'm planning on buying this next week and I want to make sure I'm fighting for the right cause, which one deserves the throne?

DC > EP > Dogshit > AD

i'm a noob who bought eso due to the morrowind announcement and am just starting out, i'm a level 15 nightblade (argonian) but i have no idea what im doing

what weapons/skills should i be doing for levelling efficiently? im just putting points in anywhere and crafting/guilds since i know you can refund all of them later on, but i do like 4k dps and pretty much die with more than 2 mobs on me at once

im using dual wield right now and empty on my switch because i can't figure out how to build

Decide if you want to do Stamina or Magicka as that's how abilities scale.

Having Bow to initiate at range is not a bad pair with Dual Wield or you could just use Dual Wield on both bars. Since you have both bars get some defensive stuff on there so you don't die all the time.

Anything but Aldmeri dominion
I swear to god it's like I'm fighting against the Altmers best interest each time I help queen Ayrenn
The Veiled Heritance is RIGHT

im assuming this is already a mistake then, are these points refundable?

i guess for aoe capability when levelling by killing groups of mobs is made easier with stacking stamina for dual wield whirlwind etc since nb other aoe, drain soul, is like level 40 so its quite a while away

Yeah you can refund those at your Factions Major Hub which is the city in the 2nd Zone. Hybrid builds are kinda garbage since nothing scales off both Stamina/Magicka so its better to just funnel into one, if you wanna use more weapon skills then pick Stamina, more magic abilities/staves pick Magicka.

Also join the guild if you're NA PC. We're pretty active and new friendly. We just carried a lvl 20 something into a trial (ESO's raids). As long as you're friendly and eager to learn like this newbie was you're golden.

im already in the guild, i just posted here because i already ask for help every 10 mins in gchat and it spams the channel up

im very confused, this is a very different mmo to what im used to (world 8th raiding guild in wow)

Stupid game

what's the quickest way to get to cp 561? i just want to pvp in cyrodiil cmoooooon

DC it is then.

Soulless craglorn mob grinding in one of the dungeons with a full training set or dolmen farming.

As for PvP, there's always BWB and Azura's Star.

DC and AD have the most interesting/cohesive plots. King Emeric is a bro and funny in a dry, sarcastic way and a lot of the side characters are pretty entertaining as well. Ayrenn's hit and miss but the side characters in AD are pretty great, including cat James Bond. You'll hate AD if you don't want to spend a lot of time on Bosmer lore (and a smaller amount on Altmer/Khajiit stuff) because like three different zones are set in Valenwood and revolve around Bosmer nature magic shit.

EP is fun for a Skyrim/Morrowind nostalgia trip but the quests lose cohesion and focus around about the fourth zone and the fifth is kinda dumb and extraneous. Jorunn himself is kinda meh, and inconsistent as a character, being some wise scholar in some quests and a angry 2tuff4u barbarian in others.

Ideology wise EP just wants to protect their shit, their alliance is one of mutual self defense against first the Akaviri, and now against the other two alliances. DC wants to recreate the Second Empire and is very much focused on raising up Men (which causes some friction with the Orcs they've allied with). AD is convinced that Men are unfit to rule and plan to unite Tamriel under Meric leadership.

well yeah, i do pvp, but the exp gain isn't that great so it feels like a waste of time when i could be leveling

It's not a waste if you're having fun.
I've been playing since launch and i'm yet to reach CP 561 because BWB is a curse.

You chose a legit edge lord name. Someone reported you. Simple as that. Be happy it wasn't a ban and just a simple name change.

For me the only reason to go AD is for alts because it only has one tutorial island so you can just grab the sky shards rush the main island story and book to the mainland.

the AD tutorial island is also chock full of crafting nodes, great for stockpiling shit.

>You will never have a happy go lucky vampire-chan

Kill yourself

>Sparing Vampires
You displease Arkay

i've been watching this monkey try and solve this simple puzzle for 15 minutes and it's hilarious

But it pleases muh dick.

And Verandis showed us that not all vampires were evil. I wanted to give the poor girl, who had a righteous heart and wanted to help her sister and her kingdom, a chance to survive.

Are you taking about that light path thing in the volcano in Stonefalls?

I have been trying to figure out what race to role my Templar for three days now and it's killing me. Help me out!

nah, it's the one in the alikr desert where you have to get the birthsigns in order

Altmer/Breton if you wanna (magicka) deeps. Argonian/Breton/Altmer for heal slut. Redguard/Bosmer/Khajiit if you hate yourself and wanna be a stamina templar. Not sure what people do for tankplars so you're on your own if tanking is your jam.

>Not updating the OP

>tfw trying to farm a sword and shield from a dungeon
This is torment.

I know the weapon only drops from the final boss (aside from fixed unique drops) but what about shields? Are they only in the drop table for the final boss or am I being unlucky with literally every boss and miniboss leading up to it?

Same rules as weapons. Only boss and if you're really lucky, random mobs. Every random mob have a chance to drop stuff. They introduced it after people started skipping mobs.

Welp. When that sword finally drops I suppose I better just fall upon it and save myself the torture.

Good thing it's something I can solo I guess.

just got back in since the CP update, just finished my 160 armour now working on weapons/shield.

what should i do to get CP? just keep questing for xp and skillpoints? am i useless at 192 CP this update is confusing. my level 8 hits aeound 2k per hit while my cp192 hits for maybe 900-1100

When you hit CP from a fresh level 50, armor and stats affect you a lot more than a level 1-50 character. Like, with ta pre level 50, you can wear the same piece of blue armor for 10 levels and only start to notice a degradation around the 8/9 level mark. With CP, you'll notice it around the 3rd level.

If you want to grind it, you can always get crafted gear with the training stat and dolmen farm, or you can go grind mobs in certain areas.

>when you're in the shower and think that you uninstalled eso and you're gonna have to redownload it but you actually didn't

thank god, fuck data caps.

One day I'll get max level in this game. Morrowind peaked my interests again.

Currently playing GW2
fuck I also don't have premium anymore

Comepletely forgot they added in crates, assuming they're not work it? I mean I guess if you really want the exclusive content behind the crates it would be worth.

whats the action bar on the left and how can i put abilities/potions on it?

Duchess personality being unisex was a mistake

That's your quickslot bar. When you're in your inventory, press Q to bring up your quickslot menu and drag items onto your desired place.

It's your quickslot bar. Press B and when the inventory pops check the tab with a lighting symbol. Just assign different objects on the wheel and in the addon settings (or controls, I don't recall) keybind at leisure.

The mistake here is you not making a fuckboy twink character

>Trans-phobic

Ugh >->

>those graphics
Wow, when'd they port this to the PS1.

:^(

>you could be playing with homosexuals at anytime

>they probably loot in combat too

Looks like an addon for quickslotting items.

I for one hope we get Morrowind-style mudcrabs and dreughs but I don't expect it.

I want my siltstrider bros back. I want a baby siltstrider pet too

If I have the crowns and 10k, which is the better choice to take for a mount?

Gold.

Would you guys recommend this MMO to someone that's bored of the popular MMO's (FFxiv and WoW).

>(FFxiv and WoW)
you have a type faggot personality so you won't enjoy anything

ESO isn't a completely different beast than your average Themepark like FFXIV/WoW but the world definitely feels like it is more immersive and there's more just "shit" to do. It doesn't feel as hard of a grind to endgame because the gear cap happens somewhat early compared to how far your character can actually progress and its mostly a horizontal treadmill from there. RNG is up there for finding your perfect set but for the most part you can just play the game a lot.

Combat is definitely the hit or miss part, I think it feels better than FFXIV/WoW but I'm sure that's up to everyones own tastes.

It might be something for me then. By the way should I sub straight away or just play it "buy to play"-style?

Sub is only worth it for a newcomer in regards to the EXP bonus and instant DLC access/Crown stipend a month. The DLC can really be done at any time so it is something that can wait. I would recommend picking the gold edition up on sale as that does save you long run or if you want to try playing right away grab the base edition for cheap, give it a shot and see if its something you enjoy and grab the DLC as you go.

Morrowind won't be included in the Subscription or be available with Crowns (cash shop currency) so neither of those affect your ability to get that, and don't buy the bundle deal because Zenimax went retarded and doesn't give you the base game code currently if you buy the Morrowind edition.

I'd say you should try it B2P first, make sure you actually like it before you sub. Subbing only has a couple real benefits: access to the DLC and the craftbag (an infinite storage bag that automatically stores all craft materials you find). If you don't plan to craft then you can ignore that and there's a -lot- of content in the base game to explore and figure out if you want to shell out more money to do DLC stuff.

are you old enough to be posting here?

keep in mind that you get a bonus 1500 good goy shekels every month with your sub

Thanks lads, didn't expect to get some proper answers in this general to be honest.

I'm probably biased but I think /tesog/ is a decent general because:
>game isn't popular on Veeky Forums
>can't make waifus so it deters massive ERP audience
>game's launch left a poor impression meaning doesn't get a lot of discussion
It's almost like being a niche title in that people aren't swarming over it creating the massive shitflinging/avatarposting you see in other generals.
but at launch it was terrible and the threads were terrible

it actually has a huge ERP audience and you can make waifus its just not as obnoxious for some reason

Well they keep it out of the thread then.

anyone have a vamp bite up?

it's just because anons in this thread, at least in the past, have gone apeshit whenever an avatarfag or a waifufag, or some such fag starts posting, and drivers them out. which I appreciate.

>have name like that
>be in the SJW faction where people use "triggered" in /zone unironically and have "safespace" guilds

nigga of course your 12 year old ass is gonna get reported

We're getting Skyrim Dwemer so why would we get anything else that's good?

i have one are you PC NA?

ayo hol' up

is warden going to be locked if you don't have the new "chapter"?

Yes Warden is exclusive to Morrowind.

>locking a CLASS behind paywall

we've arrived, boys

I mean, it is an expansion and the expansion adds the class. How is that surprising?

>some warden skills teased
>sounds fucking perfect for a druid like character I'd like to play
>they removed the priest of the green costume before I even started playing
fucking shit the most I can hope for is them putting it in crown crates and that's going to be absolute shit

I don't know if I like the idea of it summoning a bunch of different animals, I was kind of hoping it just had an entire skill line dedicated to the bear. Frost/Nature seem cool though.

yes, name?

I feel your pain user.

>always liked the mages guild and mage college analogs
>their uniforms in this are pretty nice, comfy looking robes
>I wonder if I can get those...
>find out they were pulled from the store a month or two before I started playing

I just have to hope they show up in one of the crates. :[

because now there is an argument for p2w, if Warden is actually any good. up until this point DLCs didn't contain anything that would give you any perceptible advantage, with the exception of Maelstrom weapons, but those are mainly PvE weapons, so who fucking cares.

I hope it won't be surprising for YOU, when it only keeps going downhill from here. RNG crates? check. class locked with real money? check. what's next? doesn't look good.

Not him but this is SOP for MMOs, user. It'd be like crying P2W when WoW drops a new expac and it has a new class.

Besides we all know Wrobel mains Sorc so the moment he gets rolled by a Warden it'll be nerfed into the ground. :^)

those items rotate, so they become available again after a time. or so it was before crown crates. now they may indeed only appear in those. either way, you're gonna have to wait pretty long.

>:[
bad user

Yes.

what vamp shrine is easy for you, please dont say AD.
Octavia Decem-Dupondius

this is not the same as WoW. WoW expacs are pretty much essential if you want to keep playing, because they also increase level cap. DLCs here weren't as such. And let's be fucking real for a second, Morrowind is just a DLC with a different label, so they can milk more money.

haven't visited any of the zones yet on this character. i guess bangkorai since i play dc

How is the Warden essential though? How is Vvardenfell essential? They are trying to spin it as something larger than just their average DLC (which yeah is just so they can sell it outside the store) but how would any of it be essential? It's not raising the CP cap past 160 and if you buy the "chapter" you get the class and the new zone.

ill be waiting at the shrine

Warden is a class, a core element of gameplay, which they are locking from players unless they pay up. And if that class is over-performing in PvP, that's fundamentally p2w. Suddenly everyone is not on the same playing field, unless they buy the xpac, which wasn't the case before. So they either do what they did with Imperial race, and make it super mediocre, which is a waste, or they make it actually good, which will lead to people yelling p2w, this time with actual reason. We'll see how it plays out, but in really doesn't look good.

ty

lol looks like shit for dps

pass

Arrived to a better place. It's about time this MMO was doing well enough to charge properly for their work - I like it and hope it continues to exist, and things like this are required for that to happen.

Wouldn't be surprised it they just cut out the base game, made it free to play and you just buy Morrowind and get the base + morrowind. Same thing GW2 did. Although I feel like Morrowind is way less content but who knows.

We don't know how essential warden is. For all we know, it could be a new NB. Or being a jack of all trades not really good at anything.