/ss13g/ spessmen on a Spess Station

Last Thread: Heh, I don't know. It died and nobody fuckin' remade it.

Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>Memes
>Waifus
>Shitposts

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9pPQnhhUqtU
youtube.com/watch?v=4trSQtkiLUw
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/13787
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/13788
youtu.be/sqcLjcSloXs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Greytide-Redtide Union.

Save the server. Nerf Lagfruit.

Rate this comf

>being MMI on shuttle
>Ripley comes up and I ask him to drill me so I can die
>Shiggy Diggintons walks over and promises to help me die
>Proceeds to break the window on the shuttle jettisoning both him and me out into space
>"atleast we have eachother"
>Throws me away

Ultimate madman

Honker?

>Engies flood muh Waste Loop with super heated SME Plasma
>They don't tell me about it
>They don't even try to cool the waste line
>I randomly hear the AI memeing about it
>Engie gets Zas'd when you opens the SME room and dies.
>Otheir Atmos Tech builds a """""Gas Mixer""""" thats set up incorrectly and chokes the distro line when we lose power

What a round.

Captain see me after class

The mimes on the other hand get an A+

Jesus christ.

I had no idea and was preoccupied with the two dozen assistants clowns and mimes sorry

I am on now if an admin wishes to talk. To my knowledge, the mime was helping the clown ling which resulted in my death, and the deaths of several security personnel. I regret having to execute people, but at the time I think the execution was justifiable.

if the serb had more mime slots the station would be a better place

If we needed to talk then we would have at the time and I wouldn't be poking fun at you in the thread.
You executed a Mime who prevented the clown from killing you all and saved the Warden despite your best efforts to stop him.

It was absolutely a fog of war issue and not something that needs to be handled OOC. But at the same time the mimes crimes were running for his life after saving the station.

You were the real antagonist the entire time.

One of these is completely harmless.
One of these will kill you.
You have two seconds.

One on the rights got a surprise.

Ah, I did not know that but that makes sense. In any case I won't be playing captain for awhile after that last round. As that screenshot shows, I am not the most able player.

Joe on the right has a mouth and is a reporter.
Joe on the left has no mouth and is coming to rip you apart with its limber claws.

youtube.com/watch?v=9pPQnhhUqtU

The doors are shocked on both. They both kill you.

What benefit do you get from cooling the waste?

How do you run a proper shop?
I've seen it happen a couple times, and it looked like a lot of greytiding was involved to steal things of value.

Trick question both images have a polyacid smoke grenade hidden inside of a book

If there was a disposal bin outside the kitchen would it be used more for throwing away plates or for being a dick and just dumping food in the trash

youtube.com/watch?v=4trSQtkiLUw

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/13787

>changelings now have the power to fatten their waifus up

Captain is not an easy job. It never will be.

engineers didnt do that, some nigger plasmaflooded the SME room and shot engineers

colder gas smaller gas more gas fits in pipe.

more gas in a pipe, quicker a pipe is to choke on a bottleneck somewhere.

PV=nRT

A lower temperature gas allows for more moles of gas at any given pressure, or volume.

Why the everloping fuck would you make a grid of plates there instead of H/E pipes?
I know this is pure autism and all and as such you can't pretend to try to decipher it but can't you be an autistically correct at least?

How does the efficiency of thermal plates compare to HE pipes?

As far as I can tell they're exactly the same, some people claim they don't store has inside themselves so they have used in SME builds but as far as I can tell that's just a myth as well.
So they're the same shit but one is more tedious to build and less flexible than the other.

It looks prettier and makes you look like you know what you're doing to anyone who doesn't know what they're doing.

What pipes should we add to Atmospherics to make it more interesting?

Theoretical discussion.

each plate cools its own contents, up to 200L, at a time
each H/E, junctions included, cools 1/4 of the entire pipeline at a time
so unless your pipeline has as little liters as possible (some dumb unnecessary SME build) H/E is always better, especially for waste and doubly so for cool plasma

Compressor machinery, increases pressure of the gases inside it when supplied with power.

Oh that'd be sick. It'd generate heat. Right?

What about the thermal exchange device?

can't think of any honest situation where you would ever want to use it for as long as gas miners exist so I never bothered looking that up

What are insulated pipes used for?

nothing because atmos has only ever become more and more increasingly and incredibly casualized over time until it became the awful reality-bending perfect insulation infinite gas generation glass pane burn chamber RPD shitfest it is today

even when insulated pipes had a purpose they were misnamed

Probably. The gas would become hotter at least, ideal gas law and all that.

what if
we only had one gas miner, for blasma
and we made it more complicated to use than 'lmao just stick a pipe to it in the distro'

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/13788
>science gets even more science-exclusive powergame toys
Just fucking end me.
You have no responsibilities, you can do anything the other departments can (with the aforementioned no responsibilities attached), and you even have toys nobody else can feasibly get.
Meanwhile the rest of the station can get fucked with their important jobs that haven't had a single toy thrown their way in YEARS.
Gee, it's no wonder scientists are always entitled shitters.

Couldn't Mining get ahold of phazon as well?

I'm pretty sure this is a mining and science change, not just a science change
Seems like a lot of fun to me.

>can't link last thread
you're a failure.

>science exclusive
Seems like it's more of a miner thing than anything else. 5 bucks says suddenly no more Phazon mechs will be made because miners will be hoarding it for themselves.

Science can get it much easier and faster with telesci powergay and miners deliver their shit to science anyways.
It's like saying "hey, couldn't a miner make nanobots FOR themselves, too?"

>Xenobio can make Phazon
>Miners can only get Phazon if they go deep space exploring.

nah
5 bucks says this gets used every round for a week then it practically never gets used again

I'm pretty confident in saying clowns get to the phazon asteroid more than miners do
Which is to say, miners don't give a shit

Neat but not particularly thrilled

Is it just me or is Colonial Marines actually really fun?

The leftmost mask can have pelts applied to it to turn it into one of the other masks, which can then turn you into the depicted mob temporarily when you put it on.

It wears off fast.
Real fast.

Lets say you're playing. Doesn't matter what job it is.

A guy walks up and it doesn't matter what his name is. But his job. His job automatically tells you he is going to be a shithead.

What is that job?

HoP

clown.
I had a clown try to trip me while I was slowdiona walking down the hallway for a solid minute and a half this afternoon. I just wasn't moving fast enough to run into his slips, and was quick enough on the grab to pick up and throw his PDA whenever he tried to drag me over it.
Dang clowns always trying to slip other people because they can't think of something funny to do.

I disposal myself posthaste

>tfw playing diona in a comfy, low-effort job and not bothering with playing a hyper/synap/etc junkie

its nice to take a race that most fags use for powergaming and validhunting and playing something comfy and slow like botany

Chemist.
Renamed Assistant.
Mechanic.
Atmos Tech.

Detective, all the time. There's never, NEVER enough communication from those cunts. JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU LEARN WHEN YOU LEARN IT INSTEAD OF WAITING TO MAKE BIG REPORT GODDAMN
I would appreciate the report after the fact but we don't have the fucking time to wait for your autismal arse to shit out a six page long novella

>wake up
>play 7 rounds of ss13
>go to bed
>repeat

Any detective that takes more than 5 minutes to tell you who to arrest is shit.
I don't ever see a bad detective though because I always take the slot.

you're gonna burn out

I think some people go clown just to have an excuse to slip people for no reason. I know I do, it's some of the best slip and sax practice you can get.

>detective goes braindead 15 minutes in cause theres not been a mystery to solve and he's bored
GO FIND CRIME ITS YOUR JOB

There's some rounds that detective is a useless job though. Like wizard or nuke ops. Detective is only really good for traitor or ling, I wish every round was traitor or ling.

>robocop AI gets one human'd
>does nothing until it gets set on asimov

Mice are fun.

pAI too!

>I wish every round could be ling
neversaythesewordsagain

Detective is essentially another officer that has the added benefit of actually being able to do detective things. They're INCREDIBLY useful during nukeops because they are the only ones that start with a ballistic weapon and the revolver can stun, which makes them very effective against nukeops with energy shields. They can validhunt a wizard the same as a regular officer.

I can understand if people don't want to do regular officer things as detective, but seeing as how you're a part of security and most times security is understaffed, it's pretty much a part of your job description if you can't find regular detectivey things to do.

eating sasha was surprisingly cathartic

are you complaining about this?

"I should stop playing sec" I say
as I ready up to play another round of sec.

>Make a conveyor in the bar
>Can't stand how ugly it is and feel bad

I wish I was one of the cool remodeling MoMMIs

test server fixed when

Ling could be best mode
But nobody on Veeky Forums can play ss13
Detective doesn't have bright cell access. So unless you're solo security or theres a warden I wouldn't bother trying to be a security officer.

The revolver gets you out of tough spots, but shouldn't be used as a taser, too short of a stun timer.

I liked it

Are we allowed to talk about stuff that's happened in the Veeky Forums server once the game's already over or is that still Metacommunication?

You can talk about a round after the round ends.

you good

Once the shuttle docks at the station you can talk about whatever you want anywhere.

Hey, I was just thankful you weren't an irritating Clown or AI. It also gave me and my patrons something to do as a bored ass bartender.

once you smell what the rock is cookin you're free to shitpost

don't do this, it creates mustard gas

I think you responded to the wrong person

kingston here
free kingston? it's time imo

No

Night

you versus zweiwurst
thunderdome
youtu.be/sqcLjcSloXs

this post doesn't seem angry enough to be from the real nexis
>zweiwurst
who

free kingston

>first proper round of mine
>start 20 minutes into the game as shaft explorer
>sci won't give drill because no one gave them resources
>went to mine with basic pick and gave them some shit
>decided to clean up cargo (aka stamp everything with DENIED and toss everything i see in trash)
>fail miserably
>fail some more
>everyone and their pun-pun just walks into cargo to check if their packages arrived and then half-assedly unpack them
>assistants ordering everything they can, from insulated gloves to cows
>"can i get some prisms?" - "sure" - "thanks! Bye!" - "....what the fuck are prisms and how do i order them?"
>walk into trash room, RMB on pile of trash, PC explodes
>all this time i had terrible headaches and i started hallucinating
>barelly made it to medbay and passed out
>robotics still wouldn't make Ripley

And then server died and i went to bed at 4am. It's really annoying though that manifests only show the name of whoever requested and not their job...

Detective is best security job, warden second, HoS is dead last.

I tried playing on the test server but it just kept saying "Your character preferences have not yet loaded." what's the deal?

Colonial muhreens is a fickle bitch of a server, aliens are clearly and have always been busted to shit, the great equipment like incendiary shells and semi auto shotguns are never used because command are pussies that don't spread the love of gunwank, its medium rp but people still say lol and mystype all the time, they have whitelists for almost unkillable predators who can just kill dumb marines who don't pack armor piercing rounds, and admins can be faggots of almost untold dimmensions.

But yknow what, hearing GOD HAS A HARDON FOR MUHREENS
BECAUSE WE KILL
EVERYTHING "WE" SEE

Point blank shotguning a queen or any major alien murderboning faggot and having your teammate finish them off with the assault rifle

Spamming OORAH on deadchat when your muhreens aren't baldies and win the game, fucking about and floating on a river with the duck in the pool, playing russian roulette when cloning has just about been removed, its just too much fun.

>Once the shuttle docks at the station you can talk about whatever you want anywhere.
dont be a fag fag