Give me a tl;dr rundown of the Elio '84mpg'

Give me a tl;dr rundown of the Elio '84mpg'.

I already dislike the SUV/truck sized blind spots on the 10 and 2 o clock, the roll bars (if they are) are fricken huge there. I bet it sucks on ice too.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twentieth_Century_Motor_Car_Corporation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It exists now? :o

no

aww

In addition to that:
- The three wheel design would make it impossible to avoid potholes. This is a big issue in actual regular commuting, especially with our crumbling infastructure.
- It's basically vaporware, and is never being made
- If it ever was made, it would immediately have a reputation as an ultra gay non-car owned by financially retarded city hipsters who buy a new car to "save money" spending a little less on gas vs. a much cheaper used car.

>ultra gay

nuh uh

>vs. a much cheaper used car.

Elio said it would pass all modern safety standards. A used car under $7,300 probably wouldn't.

1L 3cyl city cars already get ~80 MPG, what's the point of this thing? And they seat 4 people, and don't look retarded.

volvo

I doubt it would pass the small overlap test.

>Modern safety standards

Which don't account for size or weight. This thing is a death trap for the same reason a Smart Car is. A 2001 Ford Explorer will send you flying so far into the air in the other direction no amount of "safety cell" will save your internal organs ripping apart from each other and the interior walls of your chest cavity from the g-forces. A 2001 Accord however, might give you a broken leg from cabin intrusion, but will be much less likely to be fatal.

Source, please.

i want this to not be vaporware EXCLUSIVELY So i can hyabusa swap it

i mean imagine how nutty this thing would be with a proper engine in it

I would like an electric one.

battery weight would kill most of the appeal of the thing desu

It's basically a trike with a roll cage.

There's a solution to all of this

just buy a more manly twingo

V A P O R W A R E

>hayabusa swap
You know it's going to be FWD, right?
With no driven rear axle, right?

I swear to god I've seen this chain of replies before. Just got a massive sense of deja vu.

50 mpg. Not 80. I had an 85 Chevy Sprint, and I fucking LOVED that car.

is it me or the elio looks really ugly?

UK mpg?

>Give me a tl;dr rundown of the Elio
Simple.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twentieth_Century_Motor_Car_Corporation

>Elio said it would pass all modern motorcycle safety standards.

FTFY.

happens to me all the time
at this point I'm convinced that there's an army of bots constantly posting on every board, and every so often the algorithms line up and produce a thread identical to one that happened a while ago

Probably because it's happened before. This car has been delayed, like, five times now.

Fuck no. MURICA.

>deja vu.

Would you say that you've just been through this place before?

You can't buy one, and neither can anyone else, so why care about it at all?

About the only way it'll see production is if some generous billionaire really wants to see it hit the streets. until then Paul's operation will sit idly doing nothing until he finally gives up.