tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 7 (preview of Live Fire mode and more additions)
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-7/
1/23 Server patch notes
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/9811/titanfall-2-server-update-1-23-2017/

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

TERMINATED:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0wkz-n27awE
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwGvNfVNreOWcJauKKa3h47UYyTI0A6Ig
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpp9bjK5z1eFuXEq_dEJQcuLH4raePQCB
strawpoll.me/12258281
youtube.com/watch?v=Lod1DkDMuyo
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=0wkz-n27awE
legion-kun is no longer a devotion shitter

First for goobering kids with the Mastiff

This is what Gen 13.5 Northstar trained reflexes look like.

Bonus: killing a dumb Ronin.

First for the return of the Spotify playlist.

REMEMBER TO (You) this post with suggestions on what to add to the playlist/whatever you feel like saying I don't care I just want people to enjoy the collection of meme synthwave and other shit there is on this playlist.

He got better!

So am I a cunt if I never intend to regenerate?

Unless I'm misunderstanding, all you get from renegeration are cosmetics, and that's not really worth it for me; I don't want to lose all my shit and have to get a lot of it back, especially considering the lower playerbase of this game on PC; I hope the small but stable community sticks around for years. But if worse comes to worse and the game is going to be dead in 6 months, I don't want to waste any of that time re-unlocking things I already had in exchange for skins

It takes me two days of playing to regen so I don't see what your issue is.

One of the two youtube playlist anons here, posting
Weeb playlist: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwGvNfVNreOWcJauKKa3h47UYyTI0A6Ig
And little bit of everything playlist: Titanfall: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpp9bjK5z1eFuXEq_dEJQcuLH4raePQCB
I steal songs from everywhere, so don't be surprised if there are songs on the everything list from music dumps or the other playlists

is there anything better than a salty player mad because he got killed by grenadier weapons? he called it a cold war meme gun

>find a gun you really like
>buy low profile and the pilot tactical you most often use
that's literally all you need to do and then you're set
i'm sitting on 700 credits because I simply don't know what to spend them on

this is why you save up credits before you regen. anything you unlock with credits is unlocked permanently. weapon level also doesnt change, bought or not, same with titans.
by time you get to level 50 to regen, you should have enough credits to buy a full loadout.

So I've been leveling all the Titans to G4. After rounding up Ronin, all I'll have left is Tone. Wish me luck on my heretics journey, tfg, I hope I can return to my G11 scorch ways.

Nigger how new/shit are you that you didn't buy everything you wanted with credits already? Low profile then buy the gun you want and then you can buy whatever you want. By like gen 3 you should own everything you could ever need lol.

The point is to have everything available for every regeneration so you're free to use everything, not just the one gun you like.

That's your privilege for being a veteran soldier; complete armory access all the time.

Same here, I think the spotify playlist is mainly for ps4 fags though as spotify can be played without any hindrance

you're hardly going to need the entire repertoire of guns available in Titanfall 2 at any given moment
i found one or two guns I liked (and used profusely) and afterwards I just farmed up enough credits until I found another gun that I wanted to try out

Oh, I didn't know that you get to keep stuff you buy with credits after regen!

>how new are you
Got the game two days ago, about 8 hours played. So, very new. Given how nearly dead this game is on every platform, let's choose to see that as a good thing

>Oh, I didn't know that you get to keep stuff you buy with credits after regen!
yup
get to regenning pilot

Okay well have fun, but regen since theres no reason not to since you can just unlock the late guns or the guns you want since getting to lvl 30 takes zero time and unlocks most stuff.

>nearly dead
nah, again you are showing your newness here. the numbers are low on pc, better on consoles, but even titanfall 1 is playable to this day. this game has a strong core following and itll be around for a while, even if pop numbers do drop further.
with positive word of mouth, free dlcs and map ports in the works, the population will either remain stable as it is, or we'll gain some players. either way, the game is not dead by any means, nor close to it.

So the Live Fire trailer dropped. New execution looks pretty nice and fast. Love that they have some EPG love in the trailer and the revamped coliseum aught to add some more tacticality to the mode.

I know, I know. If I acutally thought it was near death I wouldn't have bought it!

And I've already talked 3 friends into buying so I'm fighting the good fight

Tone will be the easiest levelling you've ever done. It's actually laughably boring to level her.

its at least gonna make it harder for charge rifle faggots to sit there and abuse the weapon swap glitch
thats good. just know that a game doesnt need COD or battlefield numbers to be "alive". 5k players is more than enough. unless you live in australia, then i have no answers for that.

There's nothing but great word of mouth about Titanfall 2, why aren't people picking it up? They should be rewarded for not filling it with microtransactions as well, that's unheard of in multiplayer games nowadays

It'll also make it viable to fast around the arena. Currently, it's far too easy to pick people trying to fast off with a long range epg.

>There's nothing but great word of mouth about Titanfall 2, why aren't people picking it up?
its this retarded self fulfilling prophecy that morons cant get past. they want the game, but they are thinking "but what if i buy it and it dies in 2 months?!", so they dont buy it. they dont realize they are causing the problem themselves.
if everyone with the above attitude just bought the damn game then the population would be much higher than it is now.

im sure the launch window has a lot to do with it, but seeing the game is alive and well today does show that word of mouth has helped keep it going considering it released between two juggernaut fps franchises.

It not being on steam is its single greatest hindrance. Only a massive franchise like Battlefield can get big-ass playercounts on PC without being on Steam.

We were talking about this in a previous thread. If Titanfall 2 suddenly appeared on Steam today, somehow, I believe its PC playercount would at least double within a week.

This. There's the "no steam no buy" idiots, the people who last used Origin for the BF3 beta when origin was fucking terrible and they don't know it's improved, and more importantly the game would just get so much more exposure through steam.

If they threw it on Steam, did a free weekend, and then a sale afterwards, PC playercount would skyrocket.

But it'll never fucking happen because EA won't admit that Origin is a complete failure; they'd rather have less players and keep all the money, even though putting the game on steam would result in them getting more money overall.

Doesn't take that long to regen again.
And its pretty fun to do it.
Besides, you get to try new weapons as you earn the other ones. Just use your credits to buy the essential. I bought phase as soon as I could. That was all I needed.

>>We were talking about this in a previous thread. If Titanfall 2 suddenly appeared on Steam today, somehow, I believe its PC playercount would at least double within a week.
no doubt it would skyrocket. its just not likely to happen. they probably would have done it already if it was possible; there may be contract things and stuff like that preventing it from being launched on steam. might also have to do with the servers. origin has its own servers and steam its own, theyd have to work to combine them or do something to pool it all together. i dont know about that stuf though.
it is a shame though, being on steam would really help a lot.

>tfw trap someone in a tether cluster combo
>use Flight core
>no escape
Truly the best feeling

indeed

Sometimes when I use legion's power shot, the barrel will spin up twice and then fire the shot? Anyone know what that is?

>lose 2 bars and a batterys worth of health even though you dodged the start of the lazercore
>barely do one bars worth of damage with flightcore even though she ate the whole thing

what the fuck respawn

What Northstar kit are you rolling with?

yep its not the greatest core, but i was alive at the end and the ion was not. in hindsight, i should have dropped a smoke right as i activated my core, mightve obscured his vision enough to save me some more health
double smoke and viper thrusters

How is double smoke? I usually take the extra dash since it helps peaking corners then dashing back or for running from ronins.

never take extra dash on stryder class titans because with 3 dashes your recharge takes 1 second longer for each of them

incase you didnt know, on stryder chasis, turbo engine increases the time each dash recharges by 2 seconds, for a total of 8 seconds each with turbo engine and 6 seconds each wthout.
i use it to obscure vision mostly, and of course get pilots off my back. usually i pop it and hover or core, or pop it if a ronin is on me for the chip damage.
2 seconds longer. 6 without, 8 with turbo engine

Holy fuck I didn't know that. Also, why viper thrusters? I typically use thermal optics to spot pilots.

increases vtol and core speed significantly. makes them more useful as a defensive option. i dont see any value in threat optics, pilots are already highlighted and visible enough. i use a colorblind setting that makes enemies yellow, they are already easy to see.

It'll never happen, for those reasons but mainly because EA is too stubborn. There hasn't been an EA game on Steam in years, even the old Dragon Age games got pulled off of Steam.

It not being on steam isn't an issue functionality-wise; just add a shortcut to it in Steam and you can launch it from your steam library; the steam overlay even works. You can pretend it isn't Origin at all. The main issue is exposure.

For example, a few months ago I was looking for a new multiplayer FPS and ended up getting Siege (not that siege isn't a great game), becuase when I want a new game I tend to poke around on Steam, not google or whatever. Call me an idiot but this is how a lot of people do it. Had i remembered that Titanfall 2 existed or thought to give it a shot, I probably would've picked it up there.

In short fuck EA. Even if the game still wasn't on steam, it would probably have better numbers if they hadn't released it in the 5 day grace period in between Battlfield One and the new COD

You can't juke cores without viper thrusters.

viper thrusters let you hit mutiple targets with your core more easily, and let you evade enemy cores with yours or by hovering; you aren't fast enough to do this without them

threat optics is only useful if you're going for the gimmick of dropping smoke and sniping through it.

This, they're completely useless on competent pilots. Viper Thrusters and double counter/overcore is what you should be rocking if you want to be a good VIPER! But I go for overcore myself so I can just fly more often and shit on slows/titans.

I rock Overcore for LTS and Counter Ready for everything else.

Pilot kit 2 needs more options that can compete with low profile

>turbo engine increases dash regen time
Well just fucking kill me then, been using it on ronin this whole time after I got okay at playing him and never once noticed it. What the fuck
I'm still gonna use it since its working for me but I'll have to try something else too

I'll just keep killing literally everything with Enhanced Clusters.

Hey lads, so one of the /k/ patch makers has a patch poll where you can vote for which patch he'll make next, and an Apex Predators is on there. Go vote if you want it: strawpoll.me/12258281

guys I keep trying weapon after weapon, but I just love the alternator so much I can't let it go

>grabs battery
>ITTADAKIMAAS

Agreed.
And titans really need more kit options available.

nice. that reflexive smoke-dash-tether is a sure sign of someone who knows what they are doing.

you're massively missing out on nuke eject+double tethers. Double tethers much more consistently trap titans.

Plus since North is so UP i don't feel bad about trapping tones and nuke-ejecting them.

Ok /tfg/, lets brainstorm:

are there any grassroots efforts we can make to advertise this game for PC? Origin is fine, and well worth this game. How do we convince people to play it?

Make sick montages

>PCucks
>buying games
I play on PC

sick montages as above and word of mouth mostly

I'm getting frequent freezing/hitching in multiplayer, once every 2-3 minutes, and nothing I do seems to stop it. This isn't my footage, but it looks just like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lod1DkDMuyo

usually with a moment of screen tearing when the freeze occurs.

I have a 144hz monitor with G-Sync enabled. V-Sync is off, but I tried turning it on and it did not help. Neither did significantly lowering my graphics.

The game does push my GPU usage to near 100%, however my GPU temperatures are not going above 62c. My CPU usage and temps are also healthy, so I do not think this is a throttling issue.

This also happened sometimes in singeplayer, but far less frequently.

does anyone know what could be causing this?

other than forcing the CEO of EA at gunpoint to put the game on Steam, I'm not sure what we can do other than, as others have said, sick montages and bullying your friends into buying it.

Holy shit, I just had the most hilarious thing happen to me.

>1 vs. 1 some other guy in an open area
>He gets me with his grappling hook
>I turn in circles swinging him around

Mainly a legion user, i want to try out northstar. What are some key playstyle differences i should keep in mind?

>Not making a video of this with you spin me 'round (like a record) playing

Basically you only shoot long range power shots. Use your movement speed as an advantage, trap people and punish those who try to rush you. Use hover to get some cheeki shots from behind cover that no one else can make
don't be a faggot

>Cluster/trap in the middle of a smoke
I feel dumb for having not done this before.

Know when to run, Northstar is fragile
Keep moving with VTOL and dashes
Pester people as much as possible
Tether at corners whenever you can
Throw cluster at ai, pilots, and titan's whenever you can, especially groups

Tether + cluster = fun

Flight core to finish people off
Always aim for crit spots

>It'll never happen, for those reasons but mainly because EA is too stubborn.

You should keep in mind Valve is not a charity.
They charge you for putting a game up there, require you to add stuff into the game to fit their shit and take a hefty cut from all sales.

EA can do okay with Origin exclusivity, just look at Battlefield.
However, they need to stop being idiots who sandwich an FPS between BF and CoD release dates.

Sick montages.

I asked for good webms the other day to throw into the WebM threads on /v/. Getting people to say "Wait what game is this?" is the first step.

bully titans from long range with the railgun. if anyone gets too close, drop a tether and a cluster and let them soak up some DPS while you reposition. Ideal combo for north is to tether a titan on top of a cluster, and then shoot for crits while they struggle to get out.

Also use your speed to close the distance on cocky doomed titans. North is second to Ronin in how she can sneak up and assassinate titans.

Hey Titan-hombre, glad you rallied so much support. A whole twelve people, that's good stuff. More support than the patch thread showed, that's for sure. Anyone have a better design of it they'd want? I'm all ears.

Does anyone have the original comic this is based on?

I'll email you later today, lemme gather my references and I'll shoot you some ideas

Has there been much of a balance pass yet with regards to guns?

recently they buffed a bunch of things, only the Volt got nerfed.

>tfg

any other pcboys experienced this shit?

>Raining fiery hot death on slows doesn't give him a pain inducing erection

you must not be going fast enough

that only happens to me when i use a smart pistol for the first time. when i lock on it always freezes for 2 seconds. happens since launch, no idea why.

>Steam community down
>TF2 taking forever to connect
Is it the end times?

post the fastest you've ever gotten
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

What the fuck is that song!?

And why isn't it Ace - Futureland

Maybe. Origin and Discord were both being finicky this morning.

>Tone isn't OP
>She used to be
>They nerfed her

What did he mean by this?

People seem to think when the patch notes listed "adjustments made to Tone" it was a nerf.
It's still the highest dps titan and the more there are on a team, the less fun a round is to play.

What is with all the legions recently?
I decided to level up my boy and almost every match there's at least 2 other legions on my team.
Did frothy fag make a how to legion?

Despite what you may believe, Tone has actually been nerfed once already. Just because she's the best at picking off Pilots, nailing Titans through the smallest of gaps, or blowing someone's face off with her Salvo Core doesn't mean she's overpowered now. She loses hard if you ever press the advantage against her.

I don't even remember what happened this game

>easiest primary
>easiest defensive
>easiest offensive
>easiest utility
>easiest core

everything about tone is OP

the mastiff is surprisingly good
i used to think it was garbage tier but it's quite easy to 1-shot people

only real way to boost the signal would be to have a big streamer play it

problem is mozambique is way more efficient at the same thing

Anyone playing on PC ?

Suggestion for new Titan Ability (one that's shared with all titans like Nuclear Eject and Overcore)

>Titan toss
Your Titan can now accurately toss you across the map

Activated the same way you manual eject from your titan, but with a different second button (example, for Xbone it would be up on the d-pad then mashing Y three times rather than X)

Then your Titan gets the ordinance aim reticule like you're aiming a Softball, and when you confirm, your titan removes you from the cockpit and throws you to that spot

Upsides:
-Fast and immediate area coverage from titan that doesn't require destroying your titan
-Potential for hijinks (Titan throws you onto enemy titan's back, getting tossed into an evac ship, angrily flying at campers)

Downsides:
-Slower than ejecting
-Titan can take damage during windup
-Have to be in titan to pull off (meaning you can't carry flag in CTF then get flung to victory)

hasn't been the case for me even though I agree

huh i could get into that

Silent Rigging.

Doesn't announce Titanfall to enemies in the landing area. Lowers the volume of your Titan's sound effects for your enemies. Don't appear on radar.