-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-freeShop now has its own website, freeshop.pw
-soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co
-NDS-Bootstrap looking more promising gbatemp.net/threads/454323/page-74#post-7042348

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.

>Vita
-New VitaShell release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-No need for a PS3/4 for Adrenaline, see this post wololo.net/2016/11/24/installing-adrenaline-without-psn-access-advanced-users/

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer
amazon.com/Adapter-Raspberry-external-headphone-microphone/dp/B01I5P3POO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cakes

I got this PS3 with Rogero 4.55 installed. I want to restore and format the hdd. Should I do that before or after updating the CFW?
Is there a list of available sources for PS3 games? I can't find a decent one.

Also should I be worried about the temps? It's 70C when playing.

So, apparently I heard Freeshop can download all of the official themes and install them. How do I do this, given I try searching 'Themes' and 'Home' but nothing of the sort comes up. Was I rused? Is there really such an option now? and if so, how much space does it take up in the end?

you got sold a lemon, it's gonna YLOD soon, hope you didn't pay more than 30 bucks for it

Is it possible to transfer pre-installed 3DS games on the SD card? I mean, i know it is, but is there a place where i can download games that way?

Is it safe to go online on Yoshi's Wolly World now?

You can only have up to 100 themes installed at once anyway.
Don't remember where the option is, but I guess it just install a ticket and that lets you get anyting from the theme store.

Do not let the syscon control the fan, it's shit.
Minimum of 35% manual via webman.
Change the paste and maybe dump some noclean flux in there.
Doesn't matter when you do it, will likely want a firmwares pup file anyway, just feed it the latest rebug.

It's right there on your download list.
Probably not worth it anyway, there are hundreds of themes, about a thousand and a half if it's Japan.

>I mean, i know it is
stop being so presumptuous you stupid shit

>noclean flux
What is this?
And yeah I guess I'll clean it tomorrow? Is Akasa ceramic compound good enough?

I wonder if I should try delidding.

Fuck no, they're all encrypted using your ctrnands current keys. Best you can do is copy them as a backup, if you ever format the 3ds they're useless.
You can fiddle with the keys so you can hotswap the sd between 2+ 3ds but you don't need that.
This is why the install takes so long, it's pointlessly encrypting everything.

70C is too high. You want to use the auto fan control to keep it below 60.

I just thought about it while typing the post, chill

I know about the 100 limit, but I would like to snag a few more officials and clear out the rest if necessary. The only option in my Download list though is to nuke my DLC, not update it. Can't say I'd be keep for losing my current set up though, including if the theme shop goes bonkers afterwords.

Corbenik patches where? Where do people even talk about this CFW.

Just go to reddit and download the themes you actually want. The prettier menu of the built-in theme manager is not worth dealing with this shit.

I see. Well, i guess I'll have to buy a new SD card, mine seemed to work perfectly but somehow always fucks up the installation of bigger games, sometimes creating corrupt files in the process

noclean is a liquid variant of flux generally used during soldering to strengthern the bonds, the cpu uses a ball grid array that is lacking lead which is why it's shit tier at heat tolerance.
The flux will work during ps3 use by keeping the balls happy as they are to avoid them getting any stupid ideas like melting loose or joining.
The other kind is a jellylike substance you clean off after.
You don't really need it but if you're gonna open 'er up anyway let it dribble in, cheap enough.

That paste should do compared to the default shit. Delidding would guarantee cool temps providing you don't fuck it up but I can't suggest it unless you do this shit often.

>The flux will work during ps3 use by keeping the balls happy
How lewd

I'm following the 3ds guide, and I'm at the part where you're restoring the system in hourglass9 and restoring the NANDmin.bin, but it says the backup I made is not compatible. Is my 3DS bricked?

No
What's the exact error?

3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer

>Not a proper NAND backup for this 3DS
>SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh): failed!
>Press B to return, Start to reboot

I wasn't sure if I should continue to this part of the guide or not since I wasn't sure if that was normal.

I don't even know if I can find that shit anywhere.
Do I need it if my PS3 is a CECH-2112?

And yeah I probably won't try delidding. I'll just cut the ps3 and myself.

Another question: What's the most practical option to output audio to headphones? I'm using my monitor's audio out right now, but it's shit.

sort of off-topic discussion, but this image has me wondering if nintendo may consider another revision of the 3ds. with the recent talks about a successor, and the fact that the 3ds is still getting games, and still moving systems, how likely would it be for them to release a new model? and if they did, what could they possibly add to make people upgrade from their n3ds?

>the 3ds is still getting games

lol he doesn't know

Yeah, better do the 9.2.0 ctrtransfer. Hope you didn't have any digital games.

What's shit about it?

The offline henkaku email exploit doesn't seem to work with the Android henkaku server, is that true?

I don't want my psn getting banned

>android henkaku server
why are you using that shit

VERY noisy. They can't into audio circuitry design it seems.
I wish I could just plug my DAC in but that's not an option unless the PS3 supports USB audio 2.0 somehow.

The PS3 has optical audio out, you can also take the composite cable and just use the audio RCA jacks

It supports USB audio if you buy a dongle adapter.
But why not use the RCA cables for audio? Or better yet, optical?

>RCA
I can't change volume
>Optical
I'll need to buy a DAC

What dongle adapter?

>What dongle adapter?
amazon.com/Adapter-Raspberry-external-headphone-microphone/dp/B01I5P3POO

Currently using the 4GB SDcard that came with my 3ds
I want to move a 8GB in there

Do I simply copy the files in the 4GB to the 8GB?
Or do I need to do something else?

(i want to move before starting the homebrew thing)

Don't want psn account banned

won't happen

Before installing A9LH: just copy the files to the new SD. (Make sure it's FAT32 formatted.

After installing A9LH: just copy the files to the new SD. (Make sure it's FAT32 formatted.

The only time you need to do wonky shit is when you have EmuNAND/RedNAND installed, which you don't need at all unless you're an experimenter who is testing things with the NAND.

What does having a CFW change in my 3DS?

How about you go fuck yourself and maybe, just maybe, grow a brain?

wow rude

i just want to learn

When I install a VPK, should I just assume it comes with overclocking?

it's such a vague question you can't answer it

you need the plugin retard

i just wanted to inject some pokemons....
i heard that you can do that with just the homebrew but the guides here tell to get CFW

You can do it with just homebrew but an update might take away that opportunity if you don't get CFW first

Fucking hack your 3ds completely you retard, there is no reason not to. Jesus is this how fucking retarded people are who play pokemon? Can't even fucking look around or google shit?

so, cfw is just a way to keep homebrew on ~forever~?

can't it fuck my 3ds completely?

I'm retarded, I thought this was a per-game thing that got done when they were dumped. Thanks.

there's additional stuff like piracy, overclocking and streaming but it seems like you're just interested in homebrew access

>442 too many themes downloaded
oops

There's one more thing.

Why the fuck is everything in the XMB gold? And why is circle the select button? It's not a jap system.

i heard that nintendo could detect this and block your 3ds, is this true?
this is the main reason i'm kind of scared of doing this

probably the theme
and you can toggle that setting somewhere or other

Well not anymore than being a fucking retard will, which you seem like you are. So just do homebrew and hopefully you don't lose access to that down the road.

there's a lot more to it. limiting it to homebrew when everyone and their mom can install arm9loaderhax on the latest firmware 11.2 is a grand waste of hacking potential. sure you could inject mons with homebrew but you can do a shit load more with arm9loaderhax installed. also some game saves have a higher encryption level and require CFW to access. if you install arm9loaderhax you can get full access to the system and have no hassle caused by having limited userland access.

is there a quick way to delete these

They only care if you cheat online or go online before release date. CFW by itself is safe.

I think /vp/ has a general for injections, better off asking there if injects are safe.

Delete all the home menu DLC

Injecting pokemon can get you banned in game so you shouldn't do that either famalam.

only if you gen obviously illegal ones and game sync it. if you're smart - which I doubt he is - you'd gen legal mons that game sync won't get you banned for.

>can't it fuck my 3ds completely?
Only if you download wrong files, go into sleep mode on a n3ds in the downgrade part of the guide or don't make a nand backup
Bullshit, only bans happened from playing pokemon online early and carelessly editing pokemon saves. Pokemon injecting is safe for the record.

thanks

delete the home menu dlc but keep the ticket so you can get themes for free individually

Oh I know I was just saying that since hes scared nintendos going to ban him for CFW. More people have probably gotten banned from Injecting pokemon than having a hacked 3ds.

Fire Emblem Heroes of Valencia

>he really doesnt know

So if I buy a 2/3ds refurbished from nintendo is it hackable? If not what is the best place to buy a cheap 2/3DS.

>"Fire Emblem" games released after New Mystery.

yes

Will a Gateway blue card used az a DS flashcart brick my shit under Luma?

>buying refurbs
I will never understand why people do this.
You're literally, willingly, buying someone's sloppy seconds that have lower life expectancy.

no

No because Gateway blue card is LITERALLY just an R4 with a different sticker.

Because....?

Saving $50 is very real

"Saving" you mean.
It will break down faster and you will end up having to pay more for fixing it or even buy another one entirely which will cost you more.

because its a good cfw

I mean tops I'm going to use this thing for 2 years. I bought a refurb Wii U from nintendo back when they had them for $200 right before Bayo 2 and Smash came out and had 0 problems

Not much can go wrong really. I suppose you need to worry about banned systems nowadays but last year I bought a N3DSXL w/ IPS screen off ebay for a VERY good price. Judging from the pics on the SD it used to belong to a little black girl. I sterilized it of course but it's in great condition.

Any external HDD recommendations for Wii U?

Preferably from Amazon since i have some credit there.

He asked where.

patches for what

>Fire Emblem games released ever
>when the same fucking studio used to do Advance Wars

Any news for the PS4?

>I sterilized it of course
kek

Your funeral, I've worked for Seagate and I know what bullshit goes on with "refurbished" hardware.

It's a remake of FE2, can't fuck that up beyond NoA butchering translation.
No MyMU self insert, no children and eugenics in general, no pairing, no waifushit.

>Seagate
that's your problem.

Is there any homebrew that will allow me to use a 3DS or N3DS as a WiiU controller? (similar to Smash Controler)

Bonus points if it allows acting like the Gamepad Pro (would be N3DS only), but has the screen and everything.

Thanks!

So, Seagate is shit for Wii U or in general?

whats recommended then, Western Digital?

Seagate is shit in general

WD is the only reputable manufacturer in HDD market

Can you still just randomly lose your save file on Vita?

Except I had both Seagate and WD (currently got 2x 1TB WD Black) and I can tell you that WD has higher failure than Seagate as far as new hard drives go.
I had two WD's die on me within less than 2 years of purchase.
Meanwhile I had only 1 Seagate die on me after serving me for almost 6 years.

He's shitposting, don't be a brand loyalist, there is no general rule to hard drives dying and it's basically up to luck with new ones, and if you aren't an idiot like that moron you can see various tests online and see that their models that are in the same range actually go neck in neck basically.

>Except I had both Seagate and WD (currently got 2x 1TB WD Black) and I can tell you that WD has higher failure than Seagate

That's simply false, seagate is getting better but that's because they've been shit for years and their name is tarnished now

>WD is the only reputable manufacturer in HDD market
Spoken like a true amerifat.
See WD is just as shit if not more.

You do realize that 9% vs 10% is basically fuck all difference?
While it does prove that WD has lower failure rate, it still also proves that what I said about them being basically equally shit is completely correct.
The only reason I don't go for Toshiba is because it's extremely expensive here.

>Europoor

Enjoy paying double what we do for PC parts in the soon to be European Caliphate.

Huh, my vWii Homebrew Launcher is empty when using my 32GB SDHC. Any reason for this?