/mcg/ - Minecraft General: Segfault Edition

Previous bread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas - but, most importantly, modder drama!
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Dead as fuck general. time to let this game and its community die.
t. /gsg/ shitter

Gaem is hard when modded

YOU LET IT DIE

I have invested too much time and effort into this game. I cannot just let it die. Not like this

Are there any Minecraft modpacks about survival in an endless sea? Like Raft but for minecraft I guess?

Why do we hate direwolf20 again?

His 1.10 playthrough is just him shilling actually additions

You're forgetting going to space, and making trains there.
None that I know of. You would probably be better off playing subnautica

because he's too polite to call his buddies out on their bullshit. he's an enabler.

trains are for fags

Make a tank mod then. Incorporate the destructible buildings feature from the airship mod, and don't backport to 1.7.10. I want a good 1.11 mod for once.

How hard would it be to make a mod like that then?

I don't suppose there's any sort of way to incorporate like a driftwood mechanic? Like seaweed and planks, and shipwreck remnants and whatnot floating along for you to grab?
Would be nice to have an option like that for a sea themed survival map.

Think the airship mod will just have proper ships along with airships as an option?
Is there a mariculture for 1.10?

>friend of a friend of mine i know IRL is the dev of actually additions

we thought about sending him a bunch of pizzas to his adress

He seems to really love new mods (even though AA has been around since the late 1.7.10 days), but it's funny how unbalanced AA is and how people don't seem to give many fucks about that sort of thing anymore. Remember when Slowpoke said that TCon hammers were OP? The Forgecraft circlejerk seems to have changed a lot.

>Cold rainy day
>All day to be inside
>Time to play trainserb
>Of course it's down for one reason or another
EVERY TIME

>mfw all these stranded/skyblock packs revolve around sifting through cobblestone that appears from thin air and using perpetual heat sources

hello

i am new to this game, i have question

how do I play with these mods? one of the mods say i have to modify a 'config' file and supplied me with replacement, what do?

it >should have better uptime after this

His 1.10 playthrough is slightly boring to be honest. No fun magic mods are out for 1.10 and botania is pretty gutted

That's the problem with skyblocks. It's a interesting concept for about a half hour, then ceases to be fun once you get higher tier items due to grind. In that way, it's worse than gregtech.

Is it still being pregenned? Knew he said it would take 16 hours, but that was 72 virgins ago.

download multimc
create an instance of the version you want
edit instance and add forge and the mods you want
drop the config file in the config folder it generates

You should have a 'configs' folder in your Minecraft folder if you've already run the game with those mods, drop the one you were provided with into the configs folder. If not, run the game with those mods in your mods folder.

I'm gonna be real mad at you if you haven't already installed Forge.

I want to make my modpack not rely on that if I can avoid it.

I want to make it an all ocean game and you have to build a raft.
I'm hoping that the airship mod does a boat thing so I can make this right.
Have to collect driftwood, compost seaweed and stuff, float around on your raft, which with the airship mod means your raft has to stay balanced or you can capsize it.

I dunno how I would do it really, but it's just an idea I'd really like to go through with. Also less of a skyblock and more just ocean survival I guess.

Does his pack even have Roots or Embers? I'm a hardcore 1.7.10fag but I have to admit that those two mods have made me consider trying 1.10 out a few times.

pregen itself is done
last I knew lynx started a map backup then passed out

im sorry friends i did not know what 'forge' was until you mentioned it

please forgive

Yep, there's a handful of mods that do multiblock ship things. You've got a decent idea going.

>tfw the lego thread is a dozen times more active than /mcg/

I suppose it will die when both traincraft and hobo are truly gone

are there any mods that you play against something? Like they add a rival ai or something?
Or at least some kind of "civilization" that's more advanced and less friendly to you than the little villages.

I like the VW option the best though because it actually makes the ship like a moving world you can fully build and interact with multiblocks on and everything. It's the best feeling ship mod even though it's early early in development.

DONT YOU DARE ABANDON US!
YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE!

Any active griefing serb where you try to solo getting up to speed less than 1000 blocks from spawn.

Is trainserb2 offline?

is this a meme at this point or something

>99% uptime

>that devilish feel when you were the one responsible for trainserb needing to pregen and world limit

KISAMA

I've said for years that the number of skyblocks that uses the Ex Nihilo method is cancer.

Botania has an alternative option but honestly someone needs to make a new mod involving magitek or some shit.

Autistic thread for an autistic game created by an autistic obese nerd for autistic nerds. Jesus christ just look at the OP for fuck's sake. Let this shit die.

How far away did you travel to get that water?

What mod is the RV from?

I like all my bases to be centered on what I consider a 'leyline' in minecraft. That being coordinates that are positive chains of 3's. But 3333,3333 is too close to spawn and might get griefed (and five being a traditional 'magic number') I was on my way to 33333,33333 and a mod was getting frustrated at me in PMs.

Why was the mod frustrated?

something about tps whatever that is

>going that far out
>on a serb with less than 100 people and an active limit of 25 being hosted on a ZX Spectrum in Neo Sudan

If it's anything like original trainserb, then all I have to do is barely hint that I need a long train line build and a dozen boys will be jumping over each others autism to work on it.

long distance lyfe

Now that is comfy

arise trainserb

trainserb arise

I'm feeling like having both LP and AE in a pack for both the FUN and the compact storage, but I'm worried about the bloat demon coming after my ass and raping my FPS. Do they interact as well as LP's wiki says? I'm probably only going to use AE for Thaumic Energistics and maybe Extra Cells, now that I think about it.

I think roots is in it. My only love for 1.10 is chisel&bits and the new tinkers construct

>Moving out just to please your autism, generating terrain
>Doing that on a world-gen intensive modpack
>Lagging the server for every fucking user
>When a more than decent chunk of the serb was pregen'd just to avoid that bullshit
Gee... I wonder why
You should have been banned

Regen goes fast in single player. It should go faster with the combined processing power of everyone on the serb. It going slower doesn't make any sense.

>combined processing power
nigga what

>combined processing power.

wh-what did they mean by this

what the fuck am i reading

Means your thaumtism is progressing.

Get used to it.

BRAAAAAAAP

>tfw you're so wizard you shit magic

serb wants to create new terrain
serb sends out packets to everyone connected to help generate more terrain faster instead of crippling itself to make the new area

Or am I hoping too much that mojang isn't retarded about multiplayer worldgen?

Oh god, stop. Why are you doing this?

Is it a good thing?

d-do not

you're wrong

the serb does ALL the work

all your client does is render what's happening on the server

>not knowing that Thaumcraft has both vore and unbirithing

casual detected. I bet you never completed all the recipes.

It's a bad thing caused by warp.

But doing thaumcraft means you'll eventually have a shitload of permanent warp built up.

Are you being serious

because that's kind of hot

Woah woah calm down there, are you actually implying mojang has some remote form of competence? Of course the entire worldgen weights on the server.

Are you sure? I have not noticed any of that, plus I am not all that interested in Thaumcraft anymore.
witchery 4 lyfe

tfw when no witchery on trainserb2

tfw no spirit world train line

I can't take this...

It's better when you install a mod like More Player Models where you can be a drider, dickgrill, furry, or whatever. Makes ERP great again.

>tfw lazy as fuck when it comes to research

why cant my golems just research for me

nice blog senpai, subbed

What cool things can I do with witchery if I only play single player? A lot of it seems to revolve around PvP

oh my

I need more information

>1.7.10 was hopelessly broken because lex is a blundering retard
>required an extra mod to make it somewhat playable
>1.8+ is hopelessly unplayable because lex is a blundering retard
>requires an extra mod to make it somewhat playable

Why do we keep doing this? Why don't we just play 1.6.4 or earlier and make mod makers backport good mods?

Just power through them m8

I've been playing around on my server with my friend, but we kind of have reached a halt, we don't have a clear goal ahead.

Aside from getting all the botes and killing all the bosses, what else could we do that doesn't involve building?

If only I had more friends so we could turn it into some sort of pvp war thingy.

As someone that has played 1.7.10 modded for the longest, 1.10 honestly seems to be in a good spot finally. Through Roots, Embers, and Psi, along with AM2 getting a 1.10 port and most of the other mods having an update to 1.10 or having an equivalent to them, it might be time to consider the jump.

I had found a pack on ATLauncher called Bevo's Superstitions, that has all the tried and true mods gated by "newer" mods, so as to get people to try them out on their way to what they know.

Dysentery.

majority of it works just as well for singleplayer
tfw no ghost train
tfw ghost train won't take passengers to the spirit world

ok but how is thaumcraft about vore an unbirthing

i will suplex that ghost train, i aint being carried anywhere

No Witchery because fucking curses

But it's fun

>trusting clients

Lad...

get to a point where you MAWPC.

functionally infinite power/ resources/ etc...

also get your bote squad to max level and highest tier gear.

that should take you a while.

there's an infinite-use statue that costs almost nothing to make and removes all curses on click

I actually kinda enjoy the research, myself. It's relaxing.

Always nice to sit in a chair, pulled up to your research table overlooking your Thaumic fortress.

But you have to do all the research before you build a fortress.

And Thaumcraft5 now makes all the research take 5x as long to do.

Faggot.

It's nice when I'm not afraid of wasting or running out of aspects.

>TC5
That's your own damn fault. TC4 the research already took forever.

>But you have to do all the research before you build a fortress.
>implying

I've had enough, nowadays I just unlock all research and remove all the warp I get by doing that with the commands. I still need to craft shit, gather vis and scan stuff to get their aspects so there's no baluns problem anyway.