>FAQ and What to Play

FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas

pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>Roguelike News:

Latest Infra Arcana build:
jii.moe/ry6i-QmPe.7z

New IVAN update: 0.5.8, adds a new dungeon, a new win condition, new god effects, new items and bugfixes:
github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases

Poschengband update to 5.0.5:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8223

Poschengband 5.05 competition:imp skillmaster:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php?showcompo=201

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account

User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

Old Fault:

first for mourning arelgee's slow, sad death

Bye faggot
And now I think its the part where I have to kill dungeon guardians so I have a chance against big J

Great work user! Looking good for the serpent!

What's your strat for zerkers?

Is it normal to get the stone of nature on the nature quest in Zul or is it really just a happy chance?

By the way it does apply easyspell, user was right! Herbal healing down to 4%.

What game is that?

Boku no Regum

Ultima ratio regum

Wow it's the Ultimate Rectum

The general strat is that a zerker can 1v1 pretty much anything if you have your resists covered, so as soon as I descend I dig an antisummoning corridor and kill everyone in my comfy little hole ( I have aggravate so they all come to me)
I have antitele so thats one less bad surprise if I would hit a teleport trap or get teleported away
The biggest danger is Quylthugs cause telepathy dont see them so I avoid big open rooms as much as possible, summoners and casters in general will kill you if you cant get to them and you have to stay in the open. I almost died at one point cause something breathed disint on my hole and I got insta surrounded by summoned dragons.

How do you plan on handling the serpent, He who fears no antisummoning corridor?

Well Ill try to kill some of the really bad uniques before but I think I will probably die in the fight

Can't he summon copies of uniques like the unicorn of order?
Good luck and may the rng bless you angry space marine

why the FUCK did RNGesus give me this weapon, when I decide to play a sword user, instead of a mace or axe user, for the first time in 400 games?

J U S T

It has *Slow anyway so it's shit

>dire flail
>2H mace/flail
>slow

The vampiric brand and extra Dex are nice, but that's a crappy fucking artefact.

Apparently Chamaleon cave never spawns dungeons, so it acts like a regular dungeon even with always fun rooms.

>Pakellas has been removed.
I fucking hate these devs

is removing things from crawl still a live meme?
chris pls

This thread is more dead than pakellas

yes, this ride never ends

Yes.

Question: I'm on an OpAs of Dith, found a shop on D11 that is selling the plutonium sword for 960g. Should I just say fuck it and go for it once I have the money?

God, I hate vecna with valuts so much. He keeps blinking inside.

>staff of resistance:genocide

Yeah, it's pretty good and statue form is still good to use with weapons.

Well, this general always had DCSS as its most discussed game but now that it's dead the thread obviously followed suit.

I'm starting to believe that when I found the one ring in theat D1 vault I just got really really really really really lucky

The chance is something like 1/666 so yeah you're pretty lucky.

Does that apply with monster generation too? I thought it only applied to the object when you killed smeagol, I'm talking about the plain gold ring.

Wearing chain mail, is stealth worth training when I have +3 aptitude as a DDFi?

No, not really. The only time you would want to train stealth in heavy(ish) armour is if you have shadow dragon scales or if you nothing better to train, like in extended where you literally have infinite exp.

I started out disliking barachians, but the melee beyond earlygame is pretty fun when you just jump around and fuck shit up.

The plain gold ring only drops the one ring with a 5% chance (unless you are a ring yourself).

Most likely is sauron with a 1/10 chance.

>The plain gold ring only drops the one ring with a 5% chance
Nice to know, thanks user.

So I guess vampiricism doesn't work on monky fisty characters?

Is he /ourguy/?

Does it count as a brand? I thought PCB-R made those work for punching.

nah they don't work with monks. I wish.

>thinks tallowmere is a roguelike

Fucking FINALLY

I hated every second, being able to teleport away at low health is the most annoying feature for uniques
Had to blow something like 30 healing pots

This is fucking poor
I'll have to grind cash to rerol shops for more *healing*

>savescumming
ishygddt

For DrTm should I be leveling str for the dragon form bite/blade hands? Or should I be leveling dex for EV?

Now you understand my choice for vaults. Permawalls block J's AI and he keeps smashing his head against the walls hoping it'll break. I just need to keep recalling until I find a good valut with tons of elbow curves and no free space whatsoever, then I just go to town with him.
But not yet.

Always Str, but as a DrTm you should be choosing chei(if you're not a pussy bitchboi) for juicy 1-shots and he gives +15 to everything anyway.

So, I think I'm doing rather well. I've made it to lair 4, and found the entrance to the swamps. Got a stash on lair 2, etc. Where do I go from here? Should I finish up the lair, and backtrack to find the mines? Or go back to the dungeon for a bit? I assume the swamp is going to be tons of poison shit, and all I have is a ring of resist poison. Will that be enough?

Optimal strategy:

dungeon to 10/11/12
lair
orc
dungeon to 15
lair branches
(easiest to hardest: swamp,spider,snake,shoals)
vaults 1-4
depths
3rd rune(for a caster I would recommend slime or maybe abyss, DO NOT DO VAULTS:5 as a caster.)

Also, I would get a halberd/glaive and start training that to min-delay and wear heavier armour like ring mail/swamp dragon scales. MfIE is best played as a hybrid and it would be a waste to not take advantage of the +4 polearms aptitude.

So pick chei and dont get in sticky situations?

Friendly reminder that despite crawldevs being Greekaboos, it will NEVER be as flavorful as PCB

Yes, blade hands + chei is very,very strong, you can eventually one-shot the unique pan lords who have REALLY fat HP bars.

My first chei win was with a statue-form draconian, so it might be worth getting that if you find it.

Finish Lair, then do Orcish Mines, then finish the rest of Dungeon.

Swamp isn't *that* poison-oriented. In fact, in terms of danger that arises from poison damage, Swamp is safer than Lair. But rPois is nice to have on hand.

He'll need rPois for swamp for sure, the poison clouds that swamp dragons breathe are massive pain, even for tanky chars, and swamp drakes breath mephitic clouds, which cause confusion with rPois and shut down his spellcasting.

alright cooll, one last question does spiderform speed me up and piss off chei?

No,pretty sure spiderform isn't fast anymore. I personally don't bother memorising it on a transmuter.

I just train UC to 10, get chei, get enough transmutations for reliable blade hands, then just starting destroying stuff.

How to capture a snek: part 1
Part 2 is dying

Realize you haven't brought enough snacks to the party.
Rinse.
Repeat.

Jesus fuck. Went down to lair 5 and ran into a centaur, komodo, Polar bear and black mamba all adjacent to the stair tile. Blinked away with 4 hp and poison ticking. incidentally, how do I get more potions?

Thanks for the advice. Lair 5 is making me kinda nervous. I'm thinking maybe I'll do one more dungeon layer before lair 6, or maybe start on the mines. The only glaive i have is vampiric, and I already can get hungry as shit from my spells.

Also what level should I get my armor to, in order to wear mail?

I can totally not do this

Vampiric glaive is fucking amazing, you only need 16 skill to swing that at 1.0 speed, which is super easy for merfolk.

There's also no real armour skill breakpoints, ring mail offers some okayish defence and shouldn't higher your spell failure much. It is a pretty light armour, it's only a tier above leather. On a pure melee merfolk, I didn't raise my armour skill past 15 so you really don't need much.

Ice beasts wreck swamp, so I would start training polearms and maybe dodging, if you haven't done so.

forgot to mention, that the game plan is to poke shit with a glaive behind your ice beasts.

You should be a semi-melee dude with a decent weapon , not still wearing robes in lair and using a spear, which has the same base damage as a short sword!

Always remember to plan ahead when shit hits the fan.

I literally don't understand how you got into that position. You hit to earthquake?

You lure the snek down the spiral from its left arm, then you carefully guide him in the maze. If he gets too close you read a manuscript on the opening of the phases, for since 'tis a spiral everything comes back to the same point
Also I can like
cast earthquake

H-h-hiya, fellas!

>you miscast blink

God....dammit.

how new?
this thread has been slow as fuck for ages

And then, just when you least expect it, your quest is over.
It is time to reach and touch the gates of Twilight for a brief moment, before falling into the oblivion of the true death.

For this is bliss. You have reached heaven through violence and must shed away this mortal coil for something more.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I HAD FINISHED ALL MY POTIONS OF FUCKING *HEALING* AND LIFE AND I DIDN'T HAVE FUCKING ANYTHING LEFT EXCEPT FOR MY POTIONS OF RESTORE MANA AND SOME REGULAR HEALING
I HAD TO RELY ON FUCKING EHRBAL HEALING
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TENSE IT IS TO RELY ON SOMETHING THAT CAN FAIL 1/25 TIMES AFTER PLAYING FOR MORE THAN TEN HOURS
I WAS FUCKING SHAKING THE WHOLE TIME ANY TURN COULD HAVE BEEN MY LAST JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I FUCKING HATE YOU PCB I'M FUCKING GLAD I GOT RID OF YOU FOREVER
FUCK

Now let us ride the peaceful boat of Morpheus towards a better tomorrow.

A tomorrow where PCB's endgame does not exist.

Chei appreciates the change of pace

Sure as shit it's risky but it's like 50 excellent items per magus.

For Maya, who almost made it.
I botched the final screenshot, but I kept stairdancing until I could find a nice pattern vault and retired there. So that he could have something nice to look at before.

Gonna put this bad girl in the OOK ladder.

Kinda sad it doesn't say *TRUEWINNER* anymore when you kill the babble in the arena.

Tomorrow I'll quote that post from that dude saying I'd win nightmare mode to show him who's the top autist around here
I RUN THIS FUCKING GENERAL

>5 excellent items
That can't be right. Still, 5 is pretty great.

PCB:
Is there a limit on randarts? Currently playing a Death Sword and have decided it would be really cool to literally graft every artifact in the game onto my being. I've realised that with enough money, all non-weapon artifacts can be reforged into weapons and then assimilated. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

>Currently playing a Death Sword
I hope you know what you're going through and are a masochist

Huh, that's strange, I would have thought that given all your many runs, you would have a decent looking highscore table full of your previous tonberry monks who got so far but fell short. I wonder how that happened....

I'm playing like 6 characters simultaneously. I played ZAngband for years (before they royally fucked it) and death sword seemed interesting. I'm not very far with it desu, lack of AC seems like a concern but I'm hoping if I find enough defender class weapons I'll be able to stack it up fairly nicely (though I imagine there's probably a shitty cap on it)

Listen kid, you've been on my ass for days now.

What do you want.

Regarding your "question": I changed OS, this is my second character. Did you not see I'm playing on windows?
I know you know I played with linux before because you quoted it several times in your... unique way.

if he tries to summon uniques and doesn't get ANY results, there's a 1/3 chance to throw out some clones, otherwise he summons greater undead

Death swords can't reforge.

But as far as I know, you can always generate more randarts in the dungeon as loot, and deep enough ones are actually really good.

sorry but the shop that does reforging is racist against swords and rings

>What do you want.

>Get to Orcish mines
>Crystal Plate, Shield of Protection, amulet of regen
>Wrath infused +8 Shillelagh "Destroyer"
>Hold down TAB for 5 minutes
THEY SAY THAT A HERO WILL SAVE US
NOT GONNA STAND HERE AND WAIT

>psshh, nothin' personal kid

>Obnoxiously posts nonstop things no one cares about
>Insists people notice him
>Screams VICTIM when people get annoyed
>Posts furshit
This is Pottery. It is made of the highest craftdwarfship.

GO GET 'EM RAY!

WHHAAAAA???? Dammit seriously? How can I graft the power rings onto my mighty frame?

you cannot

however if you have enough 'tism you could just grind angband 99 for infinity years until you get a big pile of ?artifactcreation

but that doesn't help with getting Vilya and co onto me... makes me sad to think that if my character ever finds The One Ring, all it can do is sit in my house :o(
wait a minute, I'm literally a sword and I own a fucking house? how the fuck does that even happen?

I started a MfWz randomly, but immediately didn't like it, so I tried to get him killed but somehow he's survived that and got a +12 glaive from an acquirement scroll.

Why is it the characters that I give 0 fucks about get good RNG?

what's a roguelike that lets me be a reclusive druid who lives innawoods that kills any interloper that dares desecrate my wilderness?

Welcome to the big leagues, kid! Now let's see if you've got the balls to take it all the way.

unreal world

something with magic

>+10 hand crossbow "Minotaur's Peril" {elec, +Blink Str+3}

Worth 1000 gold as a minofighter? Mace n shield now.
Really wish I could hold a mace and this crossbow at the same time fuck you roguelikes why are you more casual than Souls games

>Implying that making fire isn't magic

>uses shitty 3D display
>most items drops are locked on higher XL
>magic costs shitload of mana but deals dogshit damage, on par with melee attack
>you keep your XL and items when you die
>boss can generate traps
>traps can be generated anywhere, including on the hallway
>traps can hurt you 100 times when you auto attack as long as you step on that tile
>not turn based (real time)
>boss time
>fuckhuge 3D size, can't even see anything if I'm behind the boss
>grind at least 20 health potions because his health is ridiculous
>boss is at 1/4 health
>generate grinding traps that cut 1/4 of your max HP
>automagically step on that trap
>cut down my HP 4 times in 1 second because lol real time
>die

That's it, I'm uninstalling this shitty game.
Does the fucking developers even play this game without wizard mode ?

>steped
Seriously wtf is this game it looks truly awful

>kid