Stupid bmw problem

i have my aunt's x3 for a few days and it's an ok car BUT

i keep getting trapped inside it. the door locks automatically and i literally can't figure out the process for getting them to open

it seems you have to leave the keys in and open the door before you shut it off? but this doesn't always work

is this a defect or what? it's fucking annoying and kind of scary. i have a brick in it in case of a fire or something because i'm paranoid. yesterday i was trapped inside for like 5 minutes

it's a 2010 i think

>idiot cant even get out of his own car

Lmao

>idiot can't read

figures

>i cant figure out how to use a door handle

Off yourself famalam

it doesn't work

that's the issue

>pull door handle
it's locked
>pull up lock
it's still locked

You have to wait until mommy opens it from the outside, its the child lock

Mate of mine has a Volvo which requires you to pull the door handle twice in order to get out.

any input from a non frogposting busrider would be appreciated

i'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that i only have this weird plastic valet key (no fob) and i can't find a manual

hmm, could it be so simple? i dunno if i've tried that, thanks

pull the door handle twice

>is this a defect or what?
No, it's a safety gefeature.

See, the only way to stop a BMW owner hitting things is to kill them. So the car traps you inside so you starve to death. Makes the roads much safer!

literally this

it's like in every other fucking car

on some bmw's it's 3 pulls, but its due to someone fucking changing some of the settings on the car's system.

You can also make it 1 pull if you unlock the doors with the button in the center console.

retard

>3 pulls

that's some ocd superstitious bullshit right there

OP here
No unlock on the center console
Tried about 5 pulls
Phoneposting deal with it

This button here sounds like it unlocks the doors but it still doesn't open when i try

that doesn't actually make sense
when you pull the handle it should mechanically unlock the door, and then you pull it again to actually pop the latch
if it isn't doing that something is wrong

>bmws

lol

Pull the handle twice, its how it was on my e90.

Im kinda surprised you didnt try that first before posting all this

> read the thread
That doesn't work

>I cant open a door

op here again

talked to my aunt, the door is fucked and doesn't open sometimes

MYSTERY SOLVED

thanks assholes and bmw

You must have jewish roots.
Something is indeed faulty, as it should have gased you the very first time.

>glorious modern age of anno domini 2002+15
>cars ram in so much useless electronics they become more unreliable
>it is now a thing where a shitty fault prevents the fucking door from opening
>you literally can't open a door, one of the most basic man made inventions
I'll take a 30y/o shitbox over this any day, at least if I call work to say my car is fucked because it caught fire nobody will laugh in my face like they would if I explained my nice expensive bmw locks me in and tries to kill me for no good reason.

it's actually incredibly stupid. i'm honestly surprised it's real. it's seems like a massive safety issue to not be able to manually override a car door lock from the inside

makes me feel like less of an autistic tinfoil hatter when i'll spend months looking for that perfect low km japanese shitbox with manual transmission, windows and locks

the first and only time i ever bought a truck with power windows, the fucking sunroof broke after a couple uses and i took it apart but i could never get it together working properly so now there's an allen key so you can open and close it manually

>wow so convenient!

fuckin bmw