pastebin.com/wtm5WtHm

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/RimWorld/
youtube.com/watch?v=rUAAO2c_0n8
youtube.com/watch?v=FkLFVBH5GnY&list=PL598F20442782BB0C&index=3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't forget to visit our friends over @ reddit.com/r/RimWorld/

first for lesbian sisters start

Modderfaggot user here, I was thinking of adding in a few crops - Tea being one of them. How does pic related look? The brown boxes are the harvest tea leaves, the plant is the tea plant, and the bottles are the tea.

That's cool and all but when will you add dickgirls?

looks better than vegetable garden's one

I appreciate it user. I installed that mod and was just blown away by the gargantuan amount of bloat. The menus became unreadable when everything was researched. This is why I'm making my vanilla+ mod, to add a little bit of flavor to the game without making it a clogged up mess.

Pic related.

>open ms paint
>close eyes
>draw thrumbo
>post results

You're OK modderfaggot.

Thrumbo is for cuddles

There are multiple mods that already do that, why do it all over again?

>tundra
>hungry bears everywhere
>a trading caravan has arrived
>watch as the bears make a beeline for the muffalos in the caravan
>some of the humans die too
>hurr durr chief angered it's your fault
Whose idea was this?

Here's an idea I have. I'm not sure if it works.

Make a second colony just outside your main one.
I'm not sure, but it might be that prisoners executed at the second colony don't effect the moods in the main one. The second colony could just be inhabited by your psychopaths, or uninhabited other than the harvesting time.

call it Mother's Rest

But how do you transport prisoners to the other colony?

Because I'm an autist and I don't like the way they do it.

hey guise, i love base building/management games and i played this for around 2 hours.
How do i git gud?
Stuff is going extremely slow for me even though i think i am really good at this type of games.
What are good beginner things to do?

Guys, I'm burning out on this game, and I'm not even playing that much.
I want to like this game so much, but it always just turns out miserable. Everyone just died again after 2 years of cycling bodies into coffins. I feel like every season I'm at a new set of settlers, they just get killed so quickly. It's hard to get attached to them or find meaning in any of it. I often just end up watching them on 3x time, waiting for something to happen, and while everything turns shit, it does so in extremely boring ways. It usually just grinds to a halt entirely.
Am I just approaching this wrong?
Is there any way to get more action while not having my people die immediately?

add them to a caravan

>enemy shows up
>start shelling with 3 mortars
>20 shots, 0 hits
>start shooting them with snipers
>nothing hits
>they randomly walk around, 2 minutes later they randomly walk into range and kill the snipers that have been shooting at them since the beginning
>fuck this, give everyone assault rifles
>rush them down and save scum until 0 casualties
Every fucking time I play this game. It really feels like nothing fucking works besides just making a blob of units and zerging.

>save scum until 0 casualties

absolutely pathetic.

Wait. You can do that? Say, if you have some about to break prisoners, add them to caravan and send them off to have their berserk rages over there on the map? They won't try to escape or anything?

I just stop giving a fuck about it once I see my mortars/snipers not hitting anything yet again. I put in the effort, I do the tactics and the game shits all over it by making everything besides short/medium range zerging completely ineffective.

You're just doing it wrong. Hit&run with incendiary launchers, force them to move.

I just tested it out. Unfortunately, it didn't work. The psychic connection between my colonists and the 2-hours-away prisoners was so strong they instantly knew that her heart had been removed.

Some dumb guest ai made a fucking hole through my stone mountain now I have to wall up that whole place up. Bastard, I should have killed him when I had the chance.

Also, I regret giving a bionic arm to my chemical fasination guy, he can't go two feet before breaking the rules and overdosing. Bastard took all my wake-up I had in storage incase of scenerio. Best way to deal with chemical fascination other than killing him, he is already a lover to one of my best colonist?

Install peg leg. Remove peg leg.

Or just make him a walled off section where all he does is research. You can throw in some pemmi once a season so he gets to eat at least, then seal him in again.

If you make a room for just chem storage and forbid the colonists from using a door, will a junkie disregard it and open the door anyway to get to the chems?

Fruit trees when?

Is there a mod for calling orbital traders?
I haven't had one for over a bloody year, it's ridiculous.

I presume they would if they have a binging soft break. Broken pawns seem to ignore forbidden objects and restricted zones.

I never have drugs in the base, though, so not certain.

Will chemical interest pawns consume drugs outside of their mental breaks?

>base is one big building

Literally already exists, Vegetable Garden

that feel when mini-gun centipedes just fucked my shit up

I'm planning on save-scumming, so advice would be appreciated

I've ~8 combat effective colonists, ~2 with survival rifles, 1 with a sniper rifle, 1 with an AR, 1 incendiary launcher, and the rest with LMG's. I had a second sniper, but they lost their marbles and are busy setting fires.

Is it possible to kite them? Their miniguns were fucking me up from well outside LMG range, and closing the gap is suicide. I've only really got one good shooter, and they're on the AR. I've got an incomplete kill-funnel. It's basically a canyon between two mountains, leading into my base, with some sandbags and general cover at the end.

Does fire do much for centipedes? Where they set up to fire from is highly flammable, but it'd likely be a suicide mission for the guy with the launcher.

The drugs are set to "forbidden" and everyone is on a "no drugs" policy btw.

>no earth seed
why bother

Fire does nothing, you can see their maximum and minimum temperatures in their info tab. Spread out so the miniguns aren't threatening more than one person at a time. Use 3 tile wide cover or corners to break line of sight right before the centipede finishes targeting someone for a shot. And fight at maximum possible range for all weapons.

Also
>I'm planning on save-scumming

If you have to do this, you're relying on your stupid dorfs too much and not thinking like a dorf yourself.

you should be able to kite minigun centipedes pretty easily with sniper rifles and maybe survival rifles.

Inferno cannon ones can be kited with sniper rifles, but have a longer range so it's riskier. Sniper rifle human is still faster with a longer range.

Scythers are the perfect support unit to counter kiting, so make sure they're dead as quick as possible.

ezpz

I'm not sure personally since I've never experienced it in my games, but I believe that the tooltip for junkies is that says that they'll ignore drug policies. I think it's probably better to be safe than sorry and burn that shit.

Thanks, I'll wall it in so that I can keep it and sell it.

so apparently the medieval times mod has a shrine statue that is a giant bust of tynan.

ideas on how to expand shrine area to appease the gods?

Kiting with sniper rifles is the hard counter to centipedes since they're so slow. Survival rifles work too as a poor man's alternative, but they only have ~5 tiles more range than miniguns, so you need to be careful.

If kiting isn't an option, minigun and charge blaster centipedes have trouble landing hits reliably at medium range, so luring them to a fortified position can work too. They'll wear through your colonists' cover eventually if you take too long to kill them though.

>half my colonists are pacifists

this should be illegal

I've never seen sibling fuck. Is it even possible?

Build it in a cave so it can be surrounded by bugs, just as he wishes.

I've successfully kited them with bows and pilas. You just need to micro so the one they're firing at gets out of sight.

FUTAMOD WHEN

With:
-male & female reproductive organs (womb & balls}, both applicable on the same pawn
-male & female sexual organs (dick & pussy}, both applicable on the same pawn
-necrophilia & nymphomaniac traits, necrophiliacs getting mood boost from harvested organs from zombies / dead pawns
-pawn thoughts from dick sizes in relationship, masochists getting mood boost from it
-craftable reproductive organs, from balls of steel, wooden and iron dildos to bionic vacuum pussies and golden pleasuresticks
-pawns with ascetic and prostophobe trait prefer and enjoy the low-grade solutions while greedy, prostophile and others the high-grade ones
-sculptable nudes, dildos and wooden horses
-futa dick juice with medicinal properties and as a luxury food ingredient (think of insect jelly but hotter)
-unarmed melee attack called "futacockslap" which incapacitates the opponent with a very high chance
-growable dickshroom / cockshroom plant which can be refined into aphrodisiac (effects yet to be determined)
-OPTIONAL: dick graphics for pawns when nude

WE ARE LOOKING FOR CODERS AND ARTISTS FOR THE PROJECT
THE CREATIVE STAFF IS FULL BUT IS ALWAYS OPEN TO DISCUSS NEW IDEAS

If they're just running around the map you can just bait them to your killbox or turrets.

LEARN TO CODE

NO
U CODE
I GEASS

>majority of colonists are pyromaniacs
>only 2 or 3 can actually partake in fire-fighting
just fuck my shit up senpai

That works too, sure. You can play peekaboo with them until they die. It's a lot riskier and more micro-intensive than long range kiting, though.

Honestly,I'm a lot more scared of scythers than centipedes, even though the centipedes are the 'heavy' units. It only takes one good/lucky shot from a scyther to maim a colonist, and they outrange everything that doesn't have a sniper rifle.

I hope you like making your entire base out of stone.

Scythers are dumb and don't use cover, though. They're only a problem if there's a lot of them.

Is the hardcore mod meme or actually good?

Grenades can put out fires. Sure, they damage everything else but the fire is put out.

It's functional for a16 now, I think it's pretty good but it's not for casuals. If you do use it disable the darkness and permanent darkness events, and fluffy's relations tab.

why fluffy's?

Sure, they're easy enough to bring down once your dudes can focus fire. They just don't have a hard counter like centipedes' weakness to sniping, and a stray hit from a scyther hurts a hell of a lot more than one from a centipede.

It's one of the few remaining bugs that haven't been resolved, a crack team of russians is on it but for now don't use it.

If you liked DF, you'll probably prefer hcsk over other rimworld experiences.

what's the highest tier of weapon?

In terms of damage or what? Doomsday rocket is the pawn killer, taking those down is top priority. Triple rocket isn't far behind.

I just tonight realized how great it is to have a few colonists as Night Owls. There is always someone up to fix breakdowns, clean, haul and tend to the prisoners without disturbing anyone.

legendary
if you mean gun, ask /k/ because i have no fucking clue, and i'm sure it's some open ended bullshit that tries to make it so that "every weapon is viable, just some weapons are more equal than others :)))"

Ignoring rocket launchers, I'd say Assault Rifle is. Accurate with a good fire rate.

try out lower difficulties.
you can play with the difficulty lever while in-game, so fuck around with basebuilder to intense and the reverse

>If you liked DF, you'll probably prefer hcsk over other rimworld experiences.
Yeah, I did. I'm a long time DF player and mainly came to Rimworld after excessive frustration because of complete lack of squad controls in DF and only being able to watch your units chase enemies until they die.
I played 2-3 games in vanilla Rimworld and was looking for some extra contents mod because I found the industry and production a bit shallow in vanilla.

Any tips for someone who wants to breed specific animals?
How do I stop foxes from randomly wandering in and eating animals? Can I set all carnivores to hunt or enemy automatically?
And what about eggs? I bought 16 from a trader, but immediately they were ruined by temperature, before I could even put them in my heated barn.
Are there any safe ways to acquire them? Or am I just supposed to wait until I can buy or tame them?
I swear I've never seen a female Lamia, at this point I'm suspecting the mod is broken.

Proper industry, titan-tier beasts and mechs, crazier events, bigger colonies, it's all waiting. some of the stuff you won't like, that's just the nature of it when you include so much, but you can find out what you don't like and disable it.

You should be killing predators near your house either way because they'll attack your colonists if there's nothing to eat.

Can someone tell me why my Huskies are starving themselves instead of running into my freezer to eat some of the 2000 MEAT stored there?

The freezer is in my home area, which they're assigned to.

what are all the monstergirl mods that /rwg/ recommends?

>tfw waifu fembot

give me a better waifu material colonist

Colony manager mod allows you to set limits on animal hunting, just set it so all predators are hunted to zero. That said, initially it's best to just draft your pawns and go hunt them as a squad, and be wary of the bigger ones. Bears and big cats can get to claw range too quickly.

>I bought 16 from a trader, but immediately they were ruined by temperature, before I could even put them in my heated barn.
You can assign trading spot for traders with a mod, just put it in a heated room.

Well, Lamias are really nice.
I've installed Cowgirls as well, but all I've ever seen is Milk bottles from cargo pods.

recommend me relaxing bidya OST to listen to with rimworld

youtube.com/watch?v=rUAAO2c_0n8

So I opened an ancient dungeon to find some hives. After killing them, I just decided to seal the dungeon back up and pretty much ignored all of the hive has duplicated notices. I thought it would be funny to check them out later on and have a sealed dungeon full of insects.

Hours later and I find this. I didn't fucking realize they could break down the walls. Am I fucked?

youtube.com/watch?v=FkLFVBH5GnY&list=PL598F20442782BB0C&index=3

no, unmodded bugs are dumb and won't leave the nest to maim your people and drag them back as food.

you could try to burn them with fire

Fire at them with incendiary launcher and then run like fuck.

RIP your framerate

>not having delidded,watercooled and overclocked i7 with 8gb gpu

So, what's a good way I can get a challenging hot or cold biome where the temps are extreme enough to be a danger to me, but not so extreme that raiders die before they even reach my base.

I really want to fight a fuck ton of raiders.

which trader carries uranium? i can't build my ship without it.

I think the bulk goods trades might have it sometimes, it's sort of random. I've been trying to get some hyperweave for ages to make some organs, but holy fuck is it rare to get that.

>first play
>game's reminder tells me I need warm clothes for winter
>make parkas for everyone
>no one is cold, all is good
>read wiki later
>realize everyone spent the last 3 years in -20% work speed penalty clothing
>in temperate climate where I haven't seen lower than -10 degrees clold

If you're in the temperate forest then a jacket + toque is enough for the winter.

Or just animal hair tuque+pants+shirt.

What about pants + shirt + duster + cowboy hat? It seems to be warm enough for winter, cools during the summer and gives bonus to social.

Plus it looks swag as fuck, unlike the parka and tuque combo.

wow do you have an instagram

I'm posting z-levels until Tynan adds z-levels

why does everyone wear so much fucking hemp clothing

I have three bases and they are big. It is getting too much to handle :(

You mean three separate colonies on the map? The game is meant to be played with just one.