High school car

My younger brother is turning 16 soon and my parents are trying to figure out what car to buy him. I had some shitbox most of high school, but if you could have the option, what car would you have had in highschool?

I was thinking a jeep, or a hatchback with loud ass speakers for picking people up in. What do you all think?

Thanks.

I was really into the AE86 when I was a kid

I had this when I was in high school. Small (sorta), dependable, easy to work on if something were to fuck up but I never ran into that scenario. Gas mileage was decent. Good truck all around. If he want's a car, get him a corolla or altima or something.

Either a Pontiac G8 simply for the awesome handling and hick appeal or a Jaguar XJ for the awesome driving and supreme comfyness.

>parents buying cars for their children

Jeep is terrible for a young drivers. I know two people back in high school who flipped their Wranglers.

highschool... all you care is showing off your undersized penis
any german car should do the trick

>Not having awesome parents

your parents should get your brother something 4 door.

the most fun experiences i've had in my life were with my friends, in my car.

If i'd have had a coupe or a car that couldn't comfortably sit 4 at the time, those things wouldn't have happened.

minivans are even better. He'll hate it and people will poke jokes at him, but the moment his friends want to get together he'll be the one to provide the car, so he'll get gas money and food. which is sick.

4 door trucks are good too.

>16
>buy sniny new car
>wreck it in 2 weeks because muh look at this bro

buying new cars (expecially big ones) for unexperienced drivers is a big nono for me
rusty shitbox with 20hp for the first year, just to build practice

Fuck off underage highschooler, get your mommy and daddy to buy you a civic.

this, I had a minivan in high school and everyone loved it, it especially worked out well because I played football so I could fit all my buddies in there 10/10 highly recommend

>Constantly afraid of some fag stealing my hood emblem in highschool.

Scary hours back then.

>mfw left highscool before getting licence
>because too young

I´d say RX-8, although inshureance and fuel consumption are insane.

>How do you do, fellow adults?

a beat to shit old pickup

>Buy a 4 door because I thought it would be useful for giving people rides
>No one ever needs a ride

Haha, back in HS this one guy had a minivan... We nicknamed it the [REDACTED] Bus because of some vids off Kazaa. Dude was a fucking gonk but managed to pull bitches on that thing because he wasn't a fucking sperg and could actually speak to them.

Anyway, IMO any reliable shitbox will do. That way you can actually enjoy the damn thing without worrying too much about getting it keyed by bitch niggas, expensive maintenance or totaling it while doing stupid shit and other things that are kind if a huge bitch if you aren't a working adult or have rich parents.

guy sounds like a real subhuman

A sandman for fucking sluts in

time to go back to /v/ forza baby

you can literally get a used 2015 base Fiesta for like 8 grand these days where I'm at and I would have considered that VERY NICE as an 18 year old's first car

Wtf? It isn't a racecar, why would it be in forza?

this post was written by a dirty old man

I had a 2002 civic and a 2006 Montana minivan depending on the season. (Only put snow tires on the minivan so I was given it in winter to use)

Dad passed away shortly after getting my liscene so I had a car everyday. Kids made fun sometimes when I drove the minivan but like other anons said some of my best memories in highschool was driving like 9 of my friends home after school (7 seater minivan so kids on floor)

Get an old Civic, like every other high school kid for the two decades.
Late 90s models that were taken care of are still damn reliable. Early to mid 2000s as well.

Second that. With a stickshift, they're fun as hell.

Don't bother to get automatic, it'll feel (and be) underpowered. Besides, stickshift is the ultimate anti-theft device for millenials.

>my brother is turning 16
Sure thing, OP.

Shitbox. Trying to keep my shitbox from falling apart and fixing it up to look respectable enough to drive my boys around in was the best and most informative part of highschool.

fun shitbox like a used GTI or civic SI

>sikk mpgs by day and hektic skidz by night

A shaggin wagon

Honestly, high school me would've Paul Walkered myself with any sort of "fast" car.

Miata

Hatchback or sedan, those are safest, SUVs flip and shit. Like others have said, minivan is also a great choice for kids. If I drove in high school a minivan would've been fucking dope to go to concerts and skate sports.

Tell me some stories of crazy shit that went down in your minivans

Toyota C-O-R-O-L-L-A

Dodge stealth rt

>buy him a civic
>he rices it

>buy him a SUV
>he flips it

>buy him a somewhat fast car
>he crashes it

i don't see anything wrong with having your son rice his civic

atleast it shows that he has moderate interest in cars. Just needs to be guided.

A 1998 Lexus ES300
>reliable
>decent mileage
>lame
>slow
>supremely comfy
>Nakamichi sound system
What more does a 16 year old need?

When I was 16 I got mine for free and fixed it up with $400 worth of parts. Sold it for $2000
Sometimes I wish I still had it as a daily driver, something that I wouldn't mind getting dinged up

My parents got me a ford focus and I never crashed it. Lasted 4 years and then sold it. Just don't do anything stupid.