SPEED thread

SPEED thread.
You are only allowed to post here if you have gone faster than 250km/h (156mph).
Post the fastest you did.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=joQNp-nvOuA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>breaking the law thread
Fuck off you deranged law breaking piece of shit.

Buses dont go that fast m8.

>breaking the law thread
>Fuck off you deranged law breaking piece of shit.
It is not illegal in germany.
I just did 252km/h in my Audi TT blasting eurobeat.

>germany

oh, disregard everything then, you're okay.

I've been 105 mph in a '90s geo prizm
I'd say that's more dangerous than 150+ in a car that's actually capable

I had my old Turbo Coupe up around 130 racing a coworkers subbie. Probably the fasted I've ever had one of my old shitboxes up too. I miss that car.

I did 570mph once, not even lying

160 on my CBR RR back in 2012. I was making a trip to Louisiana from Arkansas and hit an open stretch with fields in both directions. Front started to wobble so I slowed it down.

Touched 210 km/h on Nürburgring in a Volkswagen Golf R (2012), I chickened out. I can't imagine doing this on a public road, it's suicide.

It´s not suicide, also 210km/h isn´t any fast.
The only problem are highspeed corners wich you usually don´t recognise as corners.

No airplanes

Went 265 according to the speedo in my Focus ST last night.

Based Autobahn.

Wow sure see a lot of proof in here

I went 200km in muh american muscle dodge charger and got scared so I stopped.

What should I do to proof driving 252?
Taking a foto at that speed is illegal for a good reason.
>getting scared at 200km/h
TOPKEK

Only post I believe ITT. Does Veeky Forums even own a car?

I started feeling lift and losing grip on every slight imperfection on the road, better safe than sorry.
Plenty of people try continue to push their at moments like this and end up crashing their car. You can see this all the time with cars spinning out in corners and the like.

In leafland you can serve time for going that fast on highway, too spooky for me.

Those things are awesome user, hope you get in a position to get another one some day.

I used to take my MX-6 over 100 all the time.

I think it topped out at 120 MPH, and that was fully loaded with my friend riding shotgun on a camping trip.

Route 66 why you so straight?

Who else went full speed on the mother road?

Are old burger cars realy that bad?
Even most econoboxes can handle 200km/h.
>mfw did 180 in a 850kg 1.0L econobox

Not him, but what if I was the pilot?

Took a ride along in a nascar at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway about 8 years ago. Too young to do the driving. Top speed was 172MPH (277KPH). Was fun, wanna go back and drive one.

Thanks user. This was a fairly solid 5sp car I bought dirt cheap. Clear coat was shot and it had a little rot, but it's on the top of cars I sold I regret list. I miss the boost gauge nearing 18psi while the firm ride LED glowed brightly.

187mph on a friends ZX12R.

Never again.

>not driving yourself
Also that isn´t verry fast for a "race" car

What is more fun? High speed or high acceleration?

Acceleration. That's why all of Veeky Forums drives Tesla.

I too regret selling my first junker. Mine wasn't special nor was it turbo, but I miss the feel of old shit like that.

>Auto board
>planes

>Auto board
>Everyone drives manual.

Speed.
Everything is more fun with a higher speed.
Every almost straight road gets a tight corner at 250+

The fastest I've ever done is 140 mph on a 30 mph zone with a 30 year old rust bucket. I was so much in fear for the longest 40 seconds of my life until I got tl break that I haven't got over 90 mph anymore.

you are saying?

>Everyone drives
>Veeky Forums

your city driving with 15 year old barely maintained rustbucket along with used gook tires, poses way more danger than doing >140mph on highway

*almost empty highway during nighttime

The fastest I went was 120 kmh. There's no reason to go faster than that. It's not safe. It's hard enough going 100 kmh and then hitting a traffic jam where you barely have enough time to slow to a complete stop.

You can attach a go pro in front of the cluster. Not that difficult.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=joQNp-nvOuA

This is bait.

I´ll do it next time I go wangan.

Oh, darn, my car is factory limited to 155 so I guess I can't be a cool guy like OP and risk blowing up my engine because I can't control my raging 19 year old testosterone.

Protip, OP, masturbate once in while. It's cheaper.

>implying Veeky Forums can afford $5k 4th Gen LS1s

OP here, I masturbate twica a day.
It isn´t as much fun as blasting Eurobeat while driving fast around the corners of a Autobahn.

Oh by all means keep doing so OP. One day you'll be doing 140 mph and a car won't see you and will change lanes in front of you, you will die. A deer will jump out in front of you, you will die. A truck's tire will explode in front of you, you will die. YOUR tire will explode, you will die. And the world will be one asshat lighter.

At least I have fun untill I die, what is a life without fun worth anyway?

288 km/h chasing a, then new, 991 Porsche 911 on A81 between Wurzburg and Heilbronn.

I might have gone higher, but that's what I saw the one time I focused on my heads up display.

450mph in a plane across the pacific

Forgot pics of the LCD screen showing speed tho.

Eat that.

Ive gone so fast in a truck, the tires went out of round.

think i was doing 120 on some back roads, was late for christmas morning.

>

>125km/h @ 5500rpm
>7700rpm red area starting
>10000rpm rev meter
Is that some kind of kei car?

It's 660cc turbo lifted brick on mud tires
I could have probably gone a little faster, but was too scared to lose control. 90 kph is comfy speed
here is it

This is the truth on Perth, AUS freeways

my nigga that's 77 mph @ 5500 rpm you're gonna want to start short shifting if you want to at least be at 20 mpg G

>660cc turbo
Sounds like a kei car engine.
With a 660cc engine the fuel consumption shouldn´t be that bad.

It gets around 19 mpg if driven at 58 - 60 mph

It is the kei car engine! K6A. recently caterham started to install this engine into their most basic models. Only that they tuned it up to 88 hp. Mine is standard japanese 64hp

>660cc turbo lifted brick
>19mpg

Just how?
My 1.0L naturaly aspirated car gets much better fuel economy at 100mph.

Topped out my stock TL1000s. Only good for 270km/h GPS, tho.

What got you confused? It has no aerodynamics and rotates 57 pound wheels.

174 murica units on an r1 a few years ago, wearing only some shitty gloves, a sweater, jeans, street shoes, and a helmet. No skin showing, but it wouldnt have made much of a difference. My asshole was clenched hard enough to turn shit into diamonds from about 150 on up

The small engine and low speed and small car is confusing me with a worse fuel economy than some V-8s.

I don't think i met v8 that eats so little.
I mean the fuel consumption changes from summer to winter. In summer it's somewhere around 23 mpg

Also let's not forget that stock it has to overcome far less wind resistance and stock wheels are like twice as light and are 3.5 inches smaller.

If the tires are so bad, how about a trailor with mud wheels and Prius discs for highway driving?

or putting the tires in the trunk and use Prius discs for daily driving.

projecting hard here, aren't we?

Did 100 mph in my peugeot 106

Do not recommend. The car was rattling and shaking like a madman

Was legit scared. On top of that i wasted like 15l/100km

I really don't care for that. I never get all the fuzz about fuel consumption and tire noise. I like my car for the emotions it gives me. I can buy bigger and "better" car, i just don't want to. It's reliable and fun.

My 107 needs half the fuel doing 100mph.

I went 160 in my Acura RSX type s. She was fast and was still pulling but i had to slow down

Damn, 160kmh.

also, my previous car
That's the fastest i ever drove... and took picture while doing so...
Toyota Vitz RS (Yaris) 1,5 liter MT

it was really fun car and i did many reckless things with it... Was almost planning to turbo it...
Eventually i realized that i gonna end up crashing it and decided to sell it while i am still alive.

173mph in a gs-t eclipse, on tires rated for 110mph.

Tires were severely warped the next morning, wew.

230km/h (143mph) in a Mazdaspeed6 on my local expressway. About the worst car to try it in with the reputation for fuel starvation during wangan driving

What province? In Ontario "stunt driving" is just vehicle impoundment and license suspension. It's not even a criminal offence

This is the fastest ive ever taken a picture of but ive had the speedo pegged past 160 (limiter is removed)

107 mph in my old civic. Held at the limiter for a while, I swear I heard the engine requesting suicide
>Tfw current car is limited at 155 so I'm not allowed to post in the thread

Did 200kmh side by side with a motorbike on the highway around a corner. Was in a 06 subaru sti. I miss that car. It was so fun in the corners.

lmao fastest i've ever went is 140 km/h which is about 90 mph feels pussy man

I've gone 660 miles per hour.

Going over 90mph is one of the most overrated things in the world. Literally no benefits, only unnecessary risk.

>260kmph+ on my old gsxr 1000
>Went to farming road to do it
>Checked road for any gravel or animals nearby driving slowly one way first
>Came back trying to max it out the other way
>Saw 250kmph and it was still picking up speed, didn't look again would have been over 260
>Hit some sort of bump (not even large at all, I couldn't spot it when I went back)
>Got airborne and wobbled like crazy when wheels touched down
>Panicked and grabbed breaks
>Legitimately thought I was dead
>Somehow managed to slow down after what felt like eternity
Never been over 180kmph since and it was nearly a year ago it happened. Will I ever get confidence back?

938 km/h motherfuckers

these guys get it

299 kmph indicated. would have been higher. s1000rr.

Just don't jump on the brakes next time. Going 200+kmh with any sport bike is fucking nothing, they're litteraly built for that.

But if anything goes wrong on a bike at this speed, you'll most likely end dead or crippled for life, so do it on a clean straight road without any traffic. Checking your suspensions settings could be a good idea too.

285 km/h on a Hayabusa. Jeans & sneakers.

>implying

Nigga I have the same car and dropped my balls at 160

Why? It was pretty stable.

Literally my 300SD my man.

I did 250km/h in my commodore once.

Once.

>what is race track

i went 40mph in my grandparents town & country

without a license

300+ km/h is hard to take pictures of

I have done 32 miles per engine hour for 5700+ hours which adds up to pic related

plus if you factor in the earth's rotational speed I outran everyone

got em