opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf63RNFemXIbigyetY0JRNekjOQpyaBrz1Wh-X4VYx1LbOOoQ/viewform
youtu.be/XYjTtQopDPU
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFt_AvWsXl0fEx02iXR8uhDsVGhmM9Pse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds cool.

There is no way in hell I would ever make a good tune and I don't want anything subpar
No music is better than chiptune music

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf63RNFemXIbigyetY0JRNekjOQpyaBrz1Wh-X4VYx1LbOOoQ/viewform

remember to participate in the survey

Hey are there any good guides/books on doing 2D isometric games in unity? I am thinking of making something like classic fallout esque

Not like Wasteland 2 or really low res Wasteland as both art wise and mechanics wise I didn't find them fun

Best games with relationships that don't just use generic dating sim mechanics?

Persona 4 is the best example of a REALLY bare bones good system, it heavily relies on writing but I like it

Anyone know of a good tutorial for texturing a humanoid in blender?

Isn't that coming to PC? I don't have a Vita.

Came out of the PS2, just emulate it.

>Remodelling character slowly
>I dont know what im doing
Send help
youtu.be/XYjTtQopDPU

i would also like to know this
im

Best tutorial for Unity 5.x?

Found a load of good ones but they're for earlier versions

I finally figured out what my game is going to be.

Over the shoulder 3rd person RPG, set in modern time. World spanning adventure. Your character joins a secret society and fights demons, ghosts, and other monsters from mythology. You are not a normal human though, you have magic power and can become supernaturally strong, fast, skilled and can cast magic spells.

This is gonna be great.

>setting
>setting
>setting
>literally no gameplay mechanics or technical information

Yea, you're on to a winner there, buddy

lol you're never gonna make it

>nobody complains about the OP pic
This is the agdg I know and love

I don't get agdg jams. Jam is announced. people immediately start working on it and posting progress. 2-4 weeks later Jam officially starts.

am I wrong or is that not how jams work?

It's not. But /agdg/ needs the extra time, because they're amateurs

/agdg/ jams are casual. We don't really care when you start.
Just like make game.

r8 my future map.

I don't get it either. Like with Demo Days. What the fuck even is the point. They announce it 2 months in advance, there's not even any theme, and there's only like 3 days to submit a game. People just submit any old bullshit they're working on. How is this even a jam?

fine by me, but lets ditch the "Jam starts in x days!" bullshit. soon as jam theme is agreed upon, jam begins.

Reminder that googem is a literal nigger.

I always like the idea of the final boss being in view but you need to do so much work to actually get there. Its a good way to set goals for the player without actually telling him what to do.

I am going to start with my game in a few days. I am ill and want to chill and get more input.
Using Unity 2D jump &run with shooting (like megaman, just say spiritual successor if I get it)
Maybe 2D art, maybe 3D models, but most likely pixel I am not sure. I can´t draw so most important stuff right now is gameplay and coding

But my question is this:
How should I keep my dev blog/catalog or whatever? This is my first own software.
How do you guys handle it? Word document with : 1. Gameplay 1.1 mechanics 2. codes 3. Story 4. Levels etc. ?

The point is to make an event that people are interested in enough that they can provide feedback. The duration between the days is so that devs have time to incorporate that feedback.

There's no theme because why would a thread-event have a theme when the thread's topic pertains to all amateur game development.

area 6 seems like an absolute pain to get there
long corridor is kinda boring

Why is it a jam if it doesn't have a theme and people just keep submit the same games to each one?

Why do towns and cities have gatherings in their squares ever so often where anyone can sign up and attend? To draw crowds.

add tunnels / portals between distant zones

>fast track mechanics
this kills the game

Also, it's part of itch's lingo. There's no other noun for an event that's routinely hosted that showcases the products of a community.

All they've got right now is 'jams'.

He's being facetious, boys

comfyness ded

yeah, warping is just moving the problem around

To clarify: don't add a general warp system. just add doors between say, section 6 and section 5. Make the placement a bit unusual to encourage exploration. Reduce the longest walks, but still keep it comfy. Essentially make the world loop.

Really figuring out the shortcut stuff now. So, there will be a core path through the game, that includes obvious shortcuts. The shortcuts divide the game into segments of increasing difficulty. And these shortcuts you can find without thinking too hard, they're obvious. But then there are extra short cuts, that are harder to find, and harder to remember how to use. But if you do put forth the effort then you save yourself a lot of work by not having to replay parts of a segment.

Doesn't every metroidvania have warp spots though?

As a longtime metroidvania fan in the original sense (SoTN and post-SoTN CV's), you'd have to be retarded to think that area warping negatively affects the game.

REMEMBER TO TAKE ANY MINOR CHANGES YOU'RE NOT 100% SURE ABOUT BETWEEN 2 OR MORE OPTIONS AND MAKE IT INTO A PLAYER OPTION

EVEN IF IT'S THE POSITION OF THE HUD OR SMALL NUMBERS BEING SHOWN, ANYTHING THAT THE PLAYER COULD PROBABLY CHANGE TO SUIT THEIR TASTE AND NEEDS SHOULD BE AN OPTION

Here's today's progress on my bow and damage indicators

The 40 was a "crit" and has a slight shaking effect and italics, but it's probably hard to see from that far
I might make the size slightly scale with distance from the player

Progress
First iteration from Spread shoot finished.
Full upgraded ship with spread in the video.
I feel the bullets somewhat distracting

nothing?

>corgo
>timestop
yes

Rate my bird.

applying a timescale to one's game in game maker is much more difficult than i thought, specially if you're dealing with speeds and speed decays

did you softcode or hardcode those flags?

A lot of people just jot down a few ideas that sound interesting and go with the flow, continually adding future possible ideas and mechanics.

This isn't really commercial game design document territory.

ZA
DOGGO

I wanna shoot it.

I've never even touched that feature

What kind of things would it be good for?

>tfw programming is easy
>tfw programming is unbearably boring

Warp rooms =/= Fast travel.

why is it posed like that

is it giving a beakjob? Seriously I have no idea.

>programming is easy

>tfw programming is easy

If you think programming is easy, then you're not good at it

programmer here

I was wondering what is the best tutorial or resource to learn pixel art to become good at it

Tile based or hex based movement?

slowing time, for example

That's a lot of shot!
It is a bit distracting, but I think as the player is upgrading they'll get used to it, plus it will feel pretty badass to have a ton of shots when fully upgraded.

>programming is easy
Adding numbers together in gamemaker doesn't count as programming.

>another collab dead

>tfw programming is hard but it's still super boring

lets collab guys

I don't like how the arrow starts going down immediately

>programming makes my small brain head hurt

now accepting emote requests for wizMud

can I request a playable version?

>tfw programming is fun
>tfw programming is unbearably hard

im primarily a programmer and this post really gets me riled up

You're right, the gravity on it is a little too high
It shouldn't be hard to change, thanks for pointing that out

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFt_AvWsXl0fEx02iXR8uhDsVGhmM9Pse

all the real programmers I know who have programmed for 20 plus years all say programming is hard and it is not difficult. These are all professional programmers.

Laugh
Dance
Wave
Slap
Facepalm
Clap
Spin

dab

Air fap

all that work and it still looks like plastic. >muh speculars

low poly and pixelated shit makes my dick rock hard

Is this a Trump quote?

This.

I don't think your hands are detailed enough for hand gesture unfortunately, so

breakdance
clap
become tiny & large
larger head
stroke beard

if hat is rigged:
rabbit out of hat
tip hat

that's just the normal map for demonstration, not the complete asset......

firefart

>anubisdev
might be

I can't fucking believe this somewhat works considering how simple it is. It's completely stateless except for basic physics data.
Still needs limb synchronization, and more angular movement that I had previously.

The thumbnail looks like yellow yoshi with his mouth open and looking up

Lets be honest, 90% of game programming is pretty much toddler stuff.

I fucking love programming. I love it so much I got a degree out of it and made it my career.

Its always challenging working out new problems and making things efficient.

Its also hard if you don't have the right mindset going in or the knowledge.

Also pic related.

This. It's hard, but that is what makes it fun.

I'm not sure what you mean. They're just tiles placed on the map.

You really should have your dude curl up tighter if you insist on having him flip through the air

>all these 'devs' intimidated by programming
Why are you even pretending to be game devs if you're not good at anything?

tokusatsu hero pose

So if I wanted to make a horror game what enemies should I put in it?

I'm guessing zombies are too boring and generic to use.

I always wondered what kind of person do you have to be to save a motivational anime image

You don't like my placeholder crawl-flip?