How does Veeky Forums feel about the Cobra?

How does Veeky Forums feel about the Cobra?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oc6FmZCT0Zc?list=PLzNTN0QmBjllLrw1UKE1bvFeZW1FTI8On
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe more hyped than it should be but still, Iz gud kar.

Serial rapists favorite car

Among the most overrated cars ever made.

GOAT

youtu.be/oc6FmZCT0Zc?list=PLzNTN0QmBjllLrw1UKE1bvFeZW1FTI8On

My only experience is in the passenger seat at an autox event, it was the novice organizers so he let me have a ride with him

>It feels like a muscle car
It's loud, it shakes, it's torquey.

>While it's not porsche level handling, it handles VERY well

The thing was handled like it was on rails, and the straight aways were so fun.

A miata on steroids

Hope to one day own, drive, and probably die in one (a replica/kit of course)

Extremely gorgeous. Has a good sound, but is probably a little too loud for my wimpy ears.

I don't understand how people can look at this vehicle knowing that it is a replica and still love it...

Yet someone makes an equal in quality replica of a new age ferrari, lambo, bugatti, ect. And nothing but hate rolls their way.

the ultimate dadrod

I think the cobra is more about the ethos and idea behind the car. Like a lotus 7. Whereas a ferrari f50 is a ferrari f50. A ferrari f50 replica is a replica of a ferrari f50. A cobra kit is still a cobra. Just like a lotus 7. Also I'm yet to see a replica supercar with comparable quality to the original, especially mechanically.

Huh, thanks. I never even considered to look up the history of the cobra let alone thought that could be the reason people replicate it so often.

Boomer bait

Extremely overrated and overpriced to fuck

people love modern amenities, its not really a fault

half of this board hasnt ever driven a car with manual brakes, cant say its something anyone should want to do anyways

one cant be expected to appreciate what it was for its time when a modern sports car can literally do all the things a faithful reproduction of a cobra can do, but with an overdrive trans and fuel injection

How do you turn this on?

Of course.
"Grab 'em by the pussy." - a serial rapist

That wasn't an original.

I agree. Whenever I see one I automatically think, "that's a replica" and it kills any historical significance about it. But I would still like a replica myself because it's a muscle roadster essentially.

>overpriced to fuck
the originals are overpriced due to their rarity, replicas can be had for a reasonable sum of money and be for all intensive purposes the exact same car.

id take a replica Lancia Stratos over an original Stratos HF from the 70s.

better build quality, better electronics, more powerful/reliable engines, more color and build options, and you just know that every one of the originals has either been driven to hell and back or has sat in a garage collecting dust.

id rather have a freshly built British-made clone with modern components and twice the horsepower whose body just happens to be a copy of one of the sexiest cars ever made.

dude yes

thats why i love donkervoort for their improvements to the lotus 7 general idea

How many people buy a Ferrari or lambo anything for the power.

The Cobra's a small light veeate. It's not trying to be anything else, even the original was nothing great.

Nobody gives a fuck how a lambo or a ferrari performs, it's all about the badge. Getting a replica of a small muscle car just shows that you like that car or that type of car. Because what the fuck else are you getting a replica Cobra for? The amenities? Smoothness of ride? Dat sikkkk badge recognition? Because it has none of those things.

I can only base my opinion about it on my experience driving it in GT5 with G27 steering wheel. It's a complete crap. Suicide car that cant turn and accelerate without trying to kill you.

my experience driving it in gt6 with a dfgt was that it was hektic as fuck but had lodes a grip.

gotta have some throttle control m8 , and when it does let loose just fucking drift that shit

I wish Ford would let the Cobra brand do its own thing, instead of just having Cobra's be an upgraded Mustang. Let the Cobra have its own unique style. Camaros look nothing like Corvettes, yet a Mustang GT and a 350 are very similar in looks.

Because Ferraris are fucking ugly.

I never ever wanted to drive this shit again.

Cobra replicas are made to be driven; fakeass Ferraris are made to be seen in.

The original Cobras are rare and huge money. Even if you could afford the real deal, you'd probably not want to drive it at its limit for fear of wrecking a historically-significant car. Because the car's design is simple, the replicas are able to approximate the originals mechanically as well as visually, providing a practically-disposable platform to enjoy a similar driving experience. Thanks to the kits' popularity, there are also a lot of options to customize a build to driver preference (various engines, different driver assists, etc).

By contrast, most of the "supercar" kits out there are purely cosmetic, add nothing else to the "donor" car, and almost always pale in comparison with the originals performance-wise.

Also
>equal in quality replica of a new age ferrari, lambo, bugatti, ect.
I've yet to see anything like this. The best they can do is ape the body lines very well.

Granted, it's not a level playing field- the complexity of a late-model Italian exotic is in another universe compared to a 1960s race car. This is why the most "accurate" reproduction kits are for simpler vintage vehicles.

I cant stop laughing at this post

>next series of Top Gear
>no money since nobody watches it after Clarkson et al left
>sorry guys, you'll just have to drive the car in forza or GT and greenscreen the review, the nerds downstairs will fix it up in post

Because it is still being made.

If your going to get a cobra, i recomend the shelby over the ac. It is more powerful, faster and has mlre torque.

Sorry i meant more not mlre.

I'd love to fart around in a kit version

Even a body kit on an LS-swapped miata would be fine by me

He was scared shitless of it though.

My cousin's husband had a replica Cobra and took me for a couple of rides in that thing, it was pretty fuckin noice. Shame they got divorced before I learned how to drive.

>all intensive purposes

YOU BETTER GET ME MY FUCKING HASH, RICKY.

its a real piece of shit but its quick

I've been in the presence of a real honest to god Shelby original, once. I had to do some gas piping for a furnace in a collectors garage. There was ten cars in there, and the dude was super sketched out about other people even knowing of the existence of the building. I was under orders from my boss not to mention anything about the cars, but when I saw the shape under the car cover I asked "factory five?" Dude then got the biggest shit eating grin on his face and said "Shelby." Yes, he drives it, and it had a fucked up clutch at the time, which means he must enjoy it, right?

The cobra is simple enough that you can realistically build a replica that as good or better than the original, since it uses basically stock Ford Mustang parts, wheras a Ferrari needs a highly specialized engine that was only used in one or two low production models

The small block cars are nothing to insane. They look meh, drive very nice, and aren't all that loud.

That all changes with the big block cars.

It's a British made, aluminum bodied, missile that is powered by the most insane engine to be made by Ford. It's terrifying, but addictive like a hard drug. The sound is deafening, the ride is stiff, the cabin is small, and you have a steering wheel that would feel more at home in a semi truck. But man, that thing is planted like a tree. It sticks like glue, super glue, liquid nails, whatever else you can think of that is sticky beyond comprehension. But, of you were one of the unlucky ones to get the sunburst wheels rather than the iconic Halibrands, you would find yourself in a very, very, bad place.

And how do you tell between a real one and a fake? You'll know, trust me, you'll know.

Traction control and stability management are for squares