/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz (embed)

>Patch notes (OB42)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?26760

>Datamine (OB42)
smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-42-datamining-maeve-new-champion-cards/

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
[YouTube] Paladins Beginner's Guide - Welcome to the Realm (embed)

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
[YouTube] Paladins - How To Play - Fernando (The Ultimate Guide!) (embed)

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?28179-Open-Beta-43-Patch-Notes-February-3rd-2017
youtube.com/watch?v=G6FWeJWaprw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

maeve is best girl

>>>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
>[YouTube] Paladins Beginner's Guide - Welcome to the Realm (embed)
>
>>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
>[YouTube] Paladins - How To Play - Fernando (The Ultimate Guide!) (embed)

^ look at this idiot

>maeve pic out
>still no post of someone's cumshot on it
what gives

Palayings,

crystals from streams is a meme
I idle in HiRezTV all day every day and I've never gotten a single crystal

GOOD NIIIIGHT!

Hey fuck you buddy.

soon
I will do it sometime this thread

You're reading far too much into this. Wanting a char that's not just an attractive girl with a weapon doesn't mean that sexy = bad.
What separates the girls from the "uniquely designed" group is that they're all just girls with weapons. They have no unique characteristics outside of two of them being elves.

I thought new girl was suppose to be a cat.

ying confirmed a shit

>They have no unique characteristics
Y'know except for their costumes and weapons.

Wait so can you get chests with gold next patch or nah?

>didn't add the new 0.43 changelog
>fucked up the links on the op
>terrible op image

user, I won't beat around the bush: Fucking kill yourself.

I didn't notice those hips and thighs before.

>Create a boy
>Tell everyone it's a girl
>Fanboys eat it up as new and interesting

Your argument is really fucking bad because you keep predicating it on this idea that all of the female characters looks exactly the same, and the only thing differentiating them is their weapons. This isn't even remotely true, and you know that. Say you want female monsters/non-human characters, fine, but don't act like Ying and Kinessa look exactly the same aside from their weapons. I agree that the cast needs less human females, but that doesn't mean Tyra and Skye look the same.

There's no OB43 patch notes yet smart guy.

OP image is alright

Tight catwoman skin when?

What are best upgrades for kinessa

Selecting another champion.

Picking Sha Lin

Picking Grover.

>costumes and weapons
Just because they show some legs, T and A doesn't make them unique.
And I already said the only interesting thing about them is their weapons.
I never once said that they all look the same, I said that they can all be boiled down to attractive girl with weapon. You're arguing semantics.

They all should get tight suits.

There, I fixed her hair.

Saint Thomas Aquinas
destroyer of automatons of antiquity,
the faithful in this thread begs you
to pray for this game
so it will remain robot and gay free.

You just desaturated it, yeah? It does look better, I guess, but I'm still not huge on it

Wow really? I usually always get top damage with her whenever I use her

Isn't Bomb King a robot?

Are you ready for her recolors to just change the color of that little band in her hair

No, he's the bomb.

Catgirl skin when?

So I just played 3 games as ying. I have multiplayer anxiety and decided that I will play 3 games a day against real people.
The first 2 where a steamroll and the third they kicked our asses and I did the least healing and damage compared to their grover and pip.

But I don't remember the names of my teammates and I hope they don't remember mine as worst ying ever. Also I play with 20-30 fps so I can blame that.

I'm on the path to defeat multiplayer anxiety and enjoy paladins again!

The hair color change will cost 200 good goym crystals.

holy fucking shit user
the issue isn't that they can be bought for crystals right now
right now they're full of pretty much nothing but gold so there's no problem
the issue is that they will STILL be able to be bought for crystals in the next patch
AND they will grant the player dust for opening duplicates
that dust is then used for crafting cards and upgrading them
yes upgrading, this has been discussed as an upcoming feature
so
use your fucking brain for two seconds
if you spend real money on crystals
the buy radiant chests and get dust from them
you get dust for real money
you then use that dust to craft or upgrade cards in order to give you a leg up against other players
if a player does not spend money, they can obviously still buy radiant chests
and yes, they can obviously still craft cards
but they have to earn gold and level ups by playing the game in order to get those radiant chests

now, using your brain just one more time, can you try to guess which player gets WAY more dust and thus WAY more advantage?
A. the free player who gets maybe a few radiant chests per week if they play super often, and will earn dust over time
OR
B. the guy who just dropped $100 on crystals for radiant chests, and got a large lump sum of dust from opening all of them

if you can't figure it out, the answer is B
so once again
if you pay real money for crystals, and then use them to buy radiant chests, you gain a real, quantifiable advantage over the players who are not spending real money on crystals
that's the definition of paying for advantage
and if you say "oh but you get crystals for free for daily logins" so help me god
that's not a part of the argument because somebody spending money on crystals can ALSO get those free crystals for logging in

Remove frogposters.

you go user! show them your strength!

There is no card upgrades. What are you talking about.

pay to win infers that you can't get it without using money, you filthy macaque.

Not the same guy and not trying to argue with you but upgrading cards was trashed after all the backslash

>life rip cheap af now
I can't wait to give a nice BUCK dicking to all the fags that will flock to this new girl.

Maeve seems to be a character that need some skill to be played effectively.

Noobs will flock to new characters.

OB43 will be glorious

Isn't Fernando gay for himself?

I'll probably play her up to level 5, just to have it done. But I doubt I'll play her after that, since I'm universally shit at flank heroes.

Buck/Maeve r34 when? p-please?

Dumb Buck poster

Come at me bro!

forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?28179-Open-Beta-43-Patch-Notes-February-3rd-2017

I applied a bit of green to it.
I actually tried lolifying her like make her face rounder and give her some bigger eyes but I can't do it, someone take over me

They did it with Tyra so it's completely fine they do it again!

>Heads
>Vagrant Clasp
>Riff Raff Clasp
>Guttersnipe Clasp
lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=G6FWeJWaprw

>Maeve Customizations
>Heads
>Vagrant Clasp
>Riff Raff Clasp
>Guttersnipe Clasp
>Clasp
fuck

Cards are out, you can go EVEN FASTER with pounce:

Cards
Cut and Run
Kills and Eliminations grant 10/20/30/40% Movement Speed for 4s.
Street Cred
Increase your maximum health by 50/100/150/200.
Persistence
You cannot be slowed by more than 60/50/40/30%.
Predation
Gain 10/20/30/40% Movement Speed while out of combat.
Savagery
Pounce heals you for 70/140/210/280 Health on a successful hit.
Sixth Sense
Enemies hit by Pounce are revealed for 1/2/3/4s.
Shred
Reduce the cooldown of Pounce by 0.5/1/1.5/2s.
Scamper
Gain 10/20/30/40% Movement Speed for 2s after Pounce ends.
On Edge
Reduce the Cooldown of Nine Lives by 1/2/3/4s.
Fight or Flight
Gain 10/20/30/40% Movement Speed for 2s when you activate Nine Lives.
Patch Up
Increase the amount that Nine Lives heals for by 50/100/150/200.
Scar Tissue
Gain 5/10/15/20% Damage Reduction for 2s after using Nine Lives.
Walk it off
Heal for 25/50/75/100 Health every second during Prowl.
Streetrunner
Increase the duration of Prowl by 0.5/1/1.5/2s.
Chase
Increase the speed bonus of Prowl by 8/16/24/32%.
Featherlite
Reduce Your fall speed in Prowl by 10/20/30/40%

I'm probably judging Maeve too early, but... I thought at first that she's going to be stupidly broken like Evie with her constant mobility, but it seems that it's not going to be a case, Maeve has longer cooldowns on her abilities. Unless her cards lower them to the Wormhole or Cassie's dodge roll bullshit levels, we should be good, right? Right?

Being able to knock people off their horses is stupid as fuck. Full team wipe? Enemies know how to zone? Looks like you lost that point by default LOL xD

She has an ability that resets her cooldown every 20 sec, do you think you can even catch her?

>Heal for 25/50/75/100 Health every second during Prowl.
>Pounce heals you for 70/140/210/280 Health on a successful hit.
Oh god, why, it's just like a bloody flicker on Evie.

Pounce?

>Barik
>TF2
>May now be used as separate pieces.
BBBBOOOOOOYYYYYY

Goddammit, Jewbear.

Maeve's design is exactly what i wanted Evie to be.

>they can all be boiled down to attractive girl with weapon

Well yeah, no fucking duh user. Literally any character can be boiled down to a boring concept if you're actively working to boil it down to a boring concept. Half the male cast is basically just masculine guys with weapons. I mean Viktor and Buck are essentially the same, right? Only thing interesting about them is their weapons.

Also, the cast is skewed towards male characters so of course there's gonna be more male designs. This is because the game is an FPS, and is clearly marketed towards a male playerbase. Marketing being what it is, the overwhelming majority of male gamers don't want weird monstergirls in their game, they want soft, cute girls with round, bouncy tits. Minority players like you don't even count for pickles when Hi-Rez designs a character; the majority first-person shooter playerbase does, and those players want radical dudes and sexy chicks.

And let's face it, even if they surprised everyone and added something like, say, a female orc, you'd still be the first to bitch because they're "just a blue human with some tusks."

this is what you meant, right

She practically delets Skye out of the game, plus Kinessa and Tyra are going to be even more useless, the rest are going to be fine even if a bit annoyed.

>no hat
Delete.

How dare you! Buck is pure

Pure sexy you mean.

Give me the PTS update so I can miss out on the Maeve pick in my first game then quit the PTS

>Fixed an issue where Cauterize was stacking with other healing reduction mechanics and different ranks of itself. Healing reduction will now take the strongest present value.

So now there's literally no reason to build caut on Nando or Skye?

Yes

Constant aoe caut is still good on Nando if your team can't provide that and there's literally no reason to play Skye.

I think there might be no point in picking Buck ever again too, Evie and Maeve are too good. Andro might lose some popularity too, considering his nerfs and how buggy is reversal.

Christ, that guy has an annoying voice.

I am at the same time both severely dissapointed and not surprised at all at how jewish these faggots are.

I want to believe that she won't be able to kill a good Buck, but I'm afraid of that.

But Caut on Nando is always good with his constant damage? Even if the fireball has a built-in caut, the effect does not last long enough.

>50 crystals
>10 per match
>the most frustrating mode you can play because the bots are broken as shit
what kind of masochists do they take us for

Which champ should I try next?

not even repeatable.
NOT.
EVEN.
REPEATABLE.
>Oh you got +50 crystals for one week ha ha aren't we generous no you can't do it next week :^)

The 4 Makoas pve is easy af mate.

Buck might not have enough damage to kill her before she runs away. Slowing net might help though.

I wish the champions interacted more. I know the game has some of this stuff, but I still think it's not enough when compared to other hero-based games, especially MOBAs. I want more champion shit-talking after kills, like Barik's "You can never trust a man with no beard!" when he kills Fernando. I want dialogue for interacting with characters on your team, like having unique phrases sometimes for getting healed by Ying when you're Torvald. Just little things that would really help with immersion.

Only after they've actually balanced this complete pile of shit, though.

bomb king

maeve gangbanged in the ghetto when?

Play some frontliners, for the love of Fernando.

That's what I'm thinkng, they are going to have to avoid each other.

It's goddamn criminal.
After you figure out the puzzle and you stop getting paired with gibbering retards, maybe.

>Lot of items got changes
>Wrecker and Cauterize are still allowed to fuck 2 entire classes
WHY

The key champion is a... Makoa
that big-ass shield nulls the hook bullshit and then you just stand back and barrage them until they're dead.

No Joshino, no watch.

Her right click, the dash/tackle ability.

I might.
Cards? Jolt is probably a no brainer, but what else?

I already suffer enough playing support as best girl.

I'm just happy Cauterize doesn't affect Lifesteal anymore, Lifesteal was already fucked by Damage Reduction and Cauterize.

Well, except for Michelangelo. His no-cooldown spin would fuck you up.
Fallout and whatever else reduces Grumpy bomb cooldown.

???

Cauterize WILL NOW affect Lifesteal, boy.

>Lifesteal is now properly reduced by Healing Reduction.

?

BK or Makoa

Not that guy, but Lifesteal has always been reduced by Cauterize for me.