Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #836
War Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)
Always run as admin.

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information (CHECK BEFORE ASKING):
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
FAQ Image Guide: i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: feen.us/lhi9.zip (now with subtitle fix)

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game [Preferred]: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.torrent
Manual Installation [For masochists, not recommended]: pastebin.com/FgP7nFWH

>Character Card Database:
no-info.no-ip.info/aa2/

>Mods & More:
AA2 Pastebin: pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/kvlexm.wav
mega.nz/#F!hFsQiaBD!dj0I2atWsZPE6sDthS3HsA
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30008287
i.imgur.com/Q3F3DMV.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

a.pomf.cat/kvlexm.wav

feet mods when

I'm in love with a spider!

Never

also your pain is my only happiness

>shrink it
What is your eye-making method?

Mr Krabs is the DB back yet

I make the general shapes in illustrator at big boy size 1280x1280 then open them in photoshop to do some burning and little cosmetic touches then save it as 128x128 bmp

Why would you make them so huge, knowing that you're going to lose literally 90% of the fine details by shrinking it? I always work in 128x128 from start to finish, since what you see is what you get in the final product at all times.

please bring the db back soon because I want to ejaculate inside her colon

Those two events have nothing to do with each other, as you are well aware. While I'm biting, what the fuck is this "mr krabs" thing you're so on about?

Well in illustrator it doesnt matter if something is a million pixels or a hundred afaik because of the way the shapes are rendered. In photoshop it matters I guess but when I open it in PS its at 128x128 so there technically isnt any shrinking I think.

I remember when I was trying to make nice circles in PS and then tried to shrink them they wouldnt look right so thats why I started using illustrator

Pixels are pixels though. If you draw a 1000x1000 circle in a 1280x1280 map and reduce it to 1/10th of that, your 100x100 circle will certainly loose some detail that it had when it was 10x sharper.

How am I supposed to download her butt without the db

As you are well aware, she's not on the db and never will be. If she were on the db, the archive in the pastebin would have her already anyway, so you still wouldn't need the db.

It's quite difficult to make tiny details and, specially, plenty small modifications, in such low resolutions. That's why some of us prefer other tools.

>your 100x100 circle will certainly loose some detail that it had when it was 10x sharper.
Yeah of course I was just saying that it doesnt really matter what size I make the shapes at since they'll all end up looking the same in PS. At least I think so anyway. I only mentioned the canvas size because you asked why I said shrink

Well I want her so somebody clone her and give her to me

Blatant db shitposting,aside, there's already a clone of her in the archive, just settle for that.

But you can't SEE details that tiny in eyes. At the end of the day the file is 128x128 so any details that shrink to less than a pixel in size are lost. And any image editor worth its salt lets you do those same tiny details in the true canvas size by picking your colors and hardness settings cleverly.

Something sounds fishy here...

>Something sounds fishy here...
Im just a simple eye maker. I have been my whole life like my father before me and his father before him

Actually, it's about the tiny details in low-res that you CAN see. They are bigger and easier to handle in higher resolutions. I'm no pixel artist so I'm grateful to painting software for allowing me to do a better work in bigger sizes and scaling them down at the end.

Show an example of what you mean because I'm not following you at all.

Working at low resolutions is fine until you start to make modifications. You move something here to there or scale something to a new size. You risk losing details every time. You may lose crispness or colors may fade out and combine with others. Why? Because pixels are too big at that resolution. Using a vector program you never lose details and it's smart enough to do the proper anti aliasing at any target resolution you want. In the case of pixel eye textures you don't have as much freedom.

fuck

who

my cards

Show an example of one of your eyes, made at a high resolution then shrunk down without a loss of detail, because I'm still not following you. I need a practical example to see what you're describing.

But what about the girl that the spider is crawling on?

What does it mean if a person is including a small "AAU overrides" zip along with the card? Does it mean these are dependancies or is this just for other card makers if they want to see what meshes and stuff he added?

Depends on the card, which you should have posted with your question.

I loaded it up but the front hair isn't proper, so I assume I fucked up.

It's Marina_v2 in this folder:

mega.nz/#F!hFsQiaBD!dj0I2atWsZPE6sDthS3HsA

That Marina uses Doll hairs

umm that's me?

Where do I get these doll hairs? They don't seem to be in the pastebin

mega:///#F!y0VhXCLZ!HffQvLKzddnnyZIvSEOIjw

How's everyone doing today?

I'm still coming to terms with the fact I was forced to jump ship to Honey Select.

why

Im almost done with all my eyes. I think I need to make 3 or 4 more then I can snowflake. I think I need to do some more research for inspiration though im running out of ideas

very tired

trying to improve my japanese by translating things badly

Feeling really lazy.

Practive on CM3D2

My degeneracy needs were better served by it. The girl customization is miles ahead of what AA2 can do, and since you can actually stuff other people did in HS's Studio you can go anywhere from gangbangs to lord knows what.

Sucks about the artstyle since I'd have liked to hop from one to the other as I felt like, but overall HS just has more of I want from this sort of game.

Is there actually any gameplay

Ive actually been playing HS for a while.

Most of the 'gameplay' in it is unlocking achievements and more poses with girls in the main mode (stuff like changing the rhythm of the sex so the girl enjoys it more, or less, is also part of it). The main mode also sucks and there's no yuri in it.

Which basically brings us to the Studio where you can pose / animate whatever the hell you'd like. So if the main mode doesn't have yuri, doesn't matter, you can have five dykes munching carpet at the same time in Studio.

awesome.

What does "manual assembly using the underwear body files" mean? Attempting to install the sundress, but not sure what to do if it's not as easy as a reslotting job.

Is that Envy's second personality?

AAU cards that come with zips like that are the assets you need for the card to work as intended. In Marina's case you have to place those files into your play/data folder, with a path as shown here. Then you also need the base assets and for AAU to be running.

I really hope you at least share the eyes. They're a nice batch so far.

Sourou releases almost all his content as skirt files. You need to copy the body/sviex files of an underwear outfit (any undressed states or outfit 6) to the new slot for the sundress, then add the reslotted sundress skirt files to the package. It's not terribly difficult, and his readme explains all the steps clearly (in Japanese, but google translate does an okay job with it).

it's 飾 by Inoue.

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30008287

it's a nice personality, but there's no sex noises and requires some .lst fuckery if you happen to use no dim.

That's the one I meant. Any chance of you finishing off Graceful as well? Mahiru had it at 99% last I checked.
I've been reading that niconico name as "Envy" since Graceful's reveal video and I feel like a complete dolt now why did no one correct me.

perhaps. can't guarantee anything though.

it's cold as shit
i'm cold as shit

I'm cold too, let's cuddle!

How do I train these bitches to stop runnin' up on a nigga with hugs and kisses when we out in public? I have a girl I'm legit with, and don't want her to suspect I'm up to no good because of my side pieces.

There has to be a way to put these hoes in check without losing my casual sex.

When they ask for a hug say no

now you are alpha

You make a copy of an outfit's panties and give it a skirt.

I fucked up real bad but think I kind of like it

He's calling you gay, dude.

Sister!
You didn't copy the body files.

I'm sorry.

haven't played in a while, suddenly reiedit crashes every time I scroll down a female Advanced tab, help, I like setting undewear without knowing how it looks like, this is the only way I know of

Never heard of this crash before so you need to provide a lot more additional information.

>tfw amputee is my fetish.

tasha is thug, thug!

Success! Thanks, I really appreciate it and learned many new things about myself today.

a real straight g!

Everytime I scroll down past whatever goes after uniform_suit_f 3 boxes appear, closing the first closes reiedit and the other two. This is the message:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException:
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at AA2Lib.Code.DataBlocks.DataBlockWrapper.get_EnumValue() at w:\Projects\ReiEdit\AA2\AA2Lib\Code\DataBlocks\DataBlockWrapper.cs:line 89
in AA2Lib.Code.DataBlocks.DataBlockWrapper.ToString() at w:\Projects\ReiEdit\AA2\AA2Lib\Code\DataBlocks\DataBlockWrapper.cs:line 352

...and it goes on

Are all your xmls in the right folders? Are you sure? Did you check twice?

yes, even tried removing everything and using a fresh download

This was actually happening to me too.
I think it started around the time I updated to HEXAOC 3.5. I made sure the .xml's were all in the right place and even tried older versions of Reiedit with no luck.

I don't know exactly what fixed it, but a week later it was working again.

I was having issues with some hair, so I reinstalled a clean version of HEXAOC + HEXAPP (as well as their .xmls) so maybe that was it.

Whoops, I meant he HEXA hair pack, not personality pack.

Ah marvel at this eye. Truly the pinnacle of all eyes. Admire its simplicity but also at its boundless depth. Magnifique! Rightly deserving of the title "001".

I've been staring at this eye for hours trying to come up with something better help

What are you even trying to do?
I don't know a thing about eyes, so the best I can do is encourage you.
Ganbatte!

the default eyes are the best, brudda
all these custom textures that these retarded special snowflake shitters make are complete garbage.

>What are you even trying to do?
Trying to get this pretty girl a new set of eyes

Youre talking to the most special snowflake of all. I will create an eye to surpass 瞳001

Whatever happened to the guy that was making a program that automatically created eyes using the existing ones?

It was for a school project and all it did was take existing eyes and turned them into mush. He probably stopped working on it

The double edged sword of "generic" eyes is that it's entirely up to the creator as far as the design goes, so anything can work but nothing does work until you like it. With what you've got and no knowledge of its base (if there was one) I'd say play with the highlight more rather than the eye, or just shade the eye differently to make a a dark spot.

thanks, will see that tomorrow

The highlight isnt even hers its a placeholder from someone else. The problem is I like the way she looks right now so I need to make something visually similar but also distinct enough to warrant an entirely different eye. This eye is made entirely in shading which I have found the hardest to do so its going to be tough

>also distinct enough to warrant an entirely different eye.
You know that to judge this I'd have to see all your eyes thus far in a collage.

I'm still waiting for underwear randomizer

I like Eye Edition. Post more eyes.

i.imgur.com/Q3F3DMV.jpg

Not that guy, but these eyes were originally 1280x1280
I just did the eyes in HR and resized because that takes me less time. Trying to make these circles at 128x128 would be torture.

in my experience, photoshop can handle aa at low resolutions pretty well.

Maybe it's because I use Photoshop 7, but in my experience doing anything at low res is way harder than doing the same thing at high res and resizing.

Trying to maximize that image causes chrome to run out of memory. Now thats a big boy picture

Irritated with high virtue is a bitch to seduce

Personality doesn't affect their decisions.

she's unyielding, what does that do?