/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Wishes they had a friend:
>Ringed City DLC stuff
Shills will post detailed information on February 8, ignore fake "leaks" until then
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79

>1.10 patch notes
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/353915309335508254/?ctp=2
youtube.com/watch?v=1tUuSG2zgOs
youtube.com/watch?v=efHjdSM3nHo
youtube.com/watch?v=jAuIY58nv_k
youtube.com/watch?v=Ke3HWo8fTpE
youtube.com/watch?v=RntxCmqQqSA
pastebin.com/03mpwKmD
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You are not deserving of the mire.

What did ds2 add to the lore with regards to the 4 lord souls? I vaguely recall something about a cycle.

I can't wait for this game to die

This is my new weaponfu

oh yeah, forgot memezaki hates strength weapons

Well you know how you can get someone's soul and transpose it or eat it and get beefy?
Other people can do that too. Greater, more powerful souls persist through the ages without dissipating as much, although by DaS3 Seath's soul is probably shared equally between Oceiros, Crystal Sages and the rest of the Grand Archives.

First of all, it added the idea of Seath having a soul, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Second, it's ambiguous wether or not Great Old Souls you go hunting for in the game are actually the Lord Souls, or just the souls of the Lords themselves.

Can you parry that, and does it have horizontal swings?

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but Vendrick is a chore, is anyone available to help me get the Ancient Dragon's Giant Soul in SOTFS on PS4?

What was it's endgame?

It's a greataxe, it can't be parried when 2 handed.

All it added is a retarded nonsense like shards of manus doing some keikaku doori for their father, Nito being a katanafaggot for some reason and Seath having his soul which is a complete retardation.

Don't get me started on Gwyn's soul in the volcano.

But Seath did have a soul, Gwyn's fragment

Wtf is gwyns soul in a volcano supposed to mean? I didn't play ds2 btw.

In DS1 it is referred to as a fragment of soul given from Gwyn to Seath. In DS2 it's treated like it's Seath's own soul which is moronic as he's a dragon.

I mean a soul of his own, dummy.
The Great Soul in DS2 is clearly marked as the Old Paledrake Soul, which Seath, as a purebreed Everlasting Dragon [even if heavily mutated, probably by the Flame's influence], by all means shouldn't have.

haha, I don't know, lol

Didn't play 2 either. But 2 sucks.

But it's not like you need to parry a slow weapon anyway

One of the four "lords" in DS2 drops Gwyn's soul in ng+ for whatever retarded reason despite this not making any sense as he lives in a giant-ass volcano in completely different land.

user you best not be insulting Best Lord

>BB reskin kiddies actually believe this

Wow Nioh looks pretty awful.

>implying
Nothing will ever top the first game.

He's cool but tonal shift between Tomb of the Giants and Amana/Undead Crypt is so enormous i can't treat any DS2 references to him seriously.

Hmm I see. So basically lore is convoluted in drangleic.

I was going to buy 2, but then I watched the matthewmattosis critique, so now I know it's shit.

In DaS2 the lords' personalities became imprinted on the souls themselves, causing the holders to eventually gain the traits and faults of the original owners. Iron King got Gwyn's, Lost Sinner got The Witch's, Seath got stuck in a mutant spider, and The Rotten got Nito's.

By DaS3 it seems most of the lord souls have faded and the last lingering lord soul is Seath's which isn't in one person any longer but instead spread throughout the books of the great archives, the crystal sage, etc.

I am new to sorcering, and I started a new character for that, because my Dex->Qualilty->Pyromancy progression across journeys came to the end.

What psells should I prioritize getting, and how long till magic weapons git better than using dark hand? I've been punching my way to magicman of Vinheim, and dancer for the hex of it. But I am not exactly drowning in souls so I can't do my usual "buy everything before NG+" approach.

Hey, glad to see DS2 lorefag with his moronic fanfiction theories.

I thought the lord souls were consumed by the chosen undead who then linked the flame. Shouldn't they be burning away as fuel for the flame? How did those 4 scrubs get their hands on em?

Gather more into it's body.

Challenge /dsg/, name your top5 DaS2 boss fights not including the dlc ones.

Prepare to Die mode: make it 10

You can't do it.

Holy shit I want pathetic lorecucks to leave.

Just read Berserk and stop giving Vati your money

wait

which one is this

looks sotn but has the best girl

DaS1 aged like milk
>bosses with slow, narrow movesets
>sluggish backstab pillow enemies
>half of the game is rushed as fuck
>nonfunctional covenants
>obsolete covenants
>a glorified shortcut for a covenant
>shit magic variety
but muh atmosphere muh world interconnection right?

>gain the traits and faults of the original owners
hahaha remember when Gwyn was tempting kings and transforming them into giant-ass fire demons

Weren't the souls just used to sate the lordvessel, I mean Gwyn didn't have his when he set himself on fire.

Did they miss a trick by not just plonking the lord souls in the fire?

I can totally respect that opinion, but even by DSI I was always a Nito fanboy so the DS2 references doing nothing but cementing his status as Papa Nito are totally okay in my books.

Remember that the games aren't totally clear wether or not the Lord Souls are really the souls of the Lords themselves. Dark Souls 2 builds a lot of its lore and setting based on ambiguity such as that.

Any more leaks, like in the previous thread ?

>best lord
>have become completely irrelevant after 1st game
>at best was eaten by Aldrich

Going to replay DS3 after a long break. Just wanting to do a luck build with Anri's sword since I never got around to it back when I played.

Is it still super viable? Straight swords are still broken right?

Easy

1.Darklurker
2. Ruin Sentinels
3. Smelter Demon
4. Demon of Song
5. Covetous Demon

6. Looking Glass Knight
7. Executioner's Chariot
8. Old Dragonslayer
9. Flexile Sentry
10. The Pursuer

>r1ing in front of someone like that

It's a metaphor for putting shackles on humanity

Tried to predict a roll, failed and got punished. Still funny how that backstab played out.

1) Dark Lurker
2) Old Dragon Slayer
3) The Pursuer x2
4) Lost Sinner
5) PROWLING MAGUS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOI

The theory right now is Drangleic invaded Lordran at some point and looted a bunch of artifacts, possibly souls included.

DaS2 lore sucks when it comes down to it because of their "What's this thing? Who knows, it's best left unsaid" lore that's even more vague than Miyazaki's storytelling.

1. Lost Sinner
2. Darklurker
3. Smelter Demon
4. Old Dragonslayer
5. Velstadt

Can't do 10

People give way too much credit to Souls writing.

Most of it reeks of "Make shit up as we go" for better and for worse.

No counting DLC there were only like 2 fun fights. Can't name 5 when not even 5 were good.

Thanks and to everyone else who responded.

So are you saying we don't really know what vendrick swiped from the giants?

What about the throne of want, any info on that?

I think it looks pretty fun, but I absolutely despise its item system.

>best girl
Harmony of Despair, my nigga

And yet with all of those flaws it's still a better game than DaS2.
How odd.

Because the other Lords have fared so much better.
>Witch of Izalith has literally exploded into demons
>The Furtive Pygmy was a bastard who made mankind a ticking time bomb just because he could
>Gwyn decided to rely on and trust everyone except the one actually reliable and trustworthy person in his entire court

Meanwhile Nito did literally nothing wrong.

QUICK

FINAL BOSS OF THE DLC

WHO IS IT?

I wish I could omit half of an entire game from my mind like you.

>Nothing will ever top the first game.
I'm not defending DaS2 here, I'm saying that new gen souls games (BB and DaS3) have already topped and impoved pretty much every aspect there was in DaS1.

So what's the meta level for DaSIII now? Haven't played in a good while and just wanted to start doing it again. Got a couple level 80's and a 120.

Man, The Furtive Pygmy

80 and 120.

>tfw Scas did hypno pictures of her

Dark Souls 3 is an unoptimized sack of crap.

I got a 660ti which should run the damn thing at a fairly stable level and all i get is random crashes EVERY FUCKING TIME. Completely random too.
Some times they will take 5 mins into the game and other times they won't occur until 40+ into it.

SOMEONE FUCKING HELP ME

There's still one aspect of DS1 no other game topped and its world design.
But that's literally it. I can't bring myself to play in DS1 after 3 and BB.

Was it the enforced permanent bondage and succubus transformation one?

I upgraded my graphic card to a 1070, but I keep getting crashes in DaS3, what do I need to do for it to fucking stop ?
My old card was also from nvidia, it was a 770 and I never had crashes issues on DaS3 with it.

>5. Covetous Demon
>9. Flexile Sentry
Why?

>5) PROWLING MAGUS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOI
WHY?!

You did well, no man with good taste can do 10.

That's the joke
For fun try it with the other games and see how easy it is.

Fookin lame.
I wanted a primordial hydra.

Yes

>5. Covetous Demon

I like his eating mechanic

>9. Flexile Sentry

I see you never made it to NG+

pcfc?

There has got to be a reason for this bullshit.

-502000 CrimsonBat
-512000 SnakeSoul
-519000 RuinCapitalKing
-523000 MatherDoragon
All those IDs are most likely related to DLC2 bosses so you still have your chance.
If MatherDoragon is correct, they might make an actual big bad the very first primordial dragon or something.

>You did well, no man with good taste can do 10.
No man with good taste can do a list of 10 good vanilla DaS1 bosses either.

>the numbers change every time
This is Pain of Ages/Demon of Feces all over again.

Ds1 plays almost completely differently than 3 and bb; attacks are slow and deliberate, rolling is far less versatile so shields are actually useful, healing is incredibly slow meaning you have to be very careful when you do it, etc. Ds3 just feels like bb wrapped up in a souls aesthetic

He stole the ability to give life to inanimate things. Which is how Vendrick made golems, Iron King made the Ironclads, Mytha made Mankins, and apparently how the giants existed and why they turned into trees by the time of DaS II.

Throne of Want is just another kiln. Only it's made to look like a throne and has a nice dome and door installed to keep the re-ignition burst from nuking the area like what happens in the other kiln.

Still a bit disappointed that name turned out to be fake,
>The Pain of Ages

Sound like a power metal album.

I don't get it. Never had a single crash in 1000 hours with my old 770 but I got at least one crash a day now. Just like , it's totally random, just had one after playing for 4 hours straight. I also crash when trying to go into the DLC.
I tried the thing one guy posted : steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/353915309335508254/?ctp=2
But it makes the game look blurry as fuck.

Reminder that your "god" is a lazy chink who can't into pvp for shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=1tUuSG2zgOs

youtube.com/watch?v=efHjdSM3nHo
youtube.com/watch?v=jAuIY58nv_k

youtube.com/watch?v=Ke3HWo8fTpE
youtube.com/watch?v=RntxCmqQqSA

5 DaS2 fights I liked.
-Looking Glass Knight
-Darklurker
-Fume Knight
-Ivory King
-Freja

Then how did they bring giants back to life

Thanks m8. Shanoa is top tier material.

that's embarrassing and delet, please don't mention it

pastebin.com/03mpwKmD
It's from Zullie's pastebin.

Funny coming from someone who likes a game which is basically Lost Izalith stretched into a full game.
>More bosses!
>Quantity over Quality!
>Multiple enemies=difficulty!
>Enemy placement that doesn't matter and/or isn't intelligent in any way!

Not even mentioning the fact that DS2 tries reeeeally hard to be a good DS game and fails.
>Guys you know how DS1 is hard? Well we put a shit load of enemies everywhere! This is Dark Souls guys. It's hard.
>Guys remember Ornstien?! He was from the first game! He's here now! Nevermind the fact that he's right next to a dragon he isn't slaying, doesn't matter, look! Ornstien! This is Dark Souls.
>Guys.
>This is Dark Souls.
>Guys remember how DS1 hitboxes weren't the best? THEY'RE WORSE NOW!
>I would like to remind everyone that this is, in fact, Dark Souls.
>YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SOULS
>ALL OF THEM
>AGAIN AND AGAIN
>HAHAHAHAHA
>Guys. Guys.
>This is Dark Souls, guys.

>but I got
I meant to write "I get"

What are some weapons that you enjoy using from the DLC beyond the scythe or the Onyx Blade? I'd like to make a new character and rush for something cool.

The DaS I giants? Those are a different race of giants or some shit. The info. new DLC is calling them grey giants.

Smelter Demon
Ruin Sentinels
Ancient Dragon
Looking Glass Knight
Darklurker

crow quills

Come on user, I'm sure you want to see the nose

>attacks are slow and deliberate
DaS3 shares a considerable amount of it's movesets with DaS1.
>so shields are actually useful
You mean overwhelmingly powerful? At least mobs in DaS3 have an actual chance of guardbreaking you.
>healing is incredibly slow meaning you have to be very careful when you do it,
Hardly.
It's faster than in DaS2, and it recovers hp instantly. Not to mention the sheer fucking amount of chugs you get.

>I like his eating mechanic
It's a neat trick, i wish i could see one time in my life.

>I see you never made it to NG+
More health and two fuckwits dont make it any better. Maybe NG+7 could be ok though

That's true though i can say it's arguable at least, while DaS2 is definitive.

Earth Seeker takes practice but dawn it's satisfying to use, even if people can counter it easily by playing passive.

Nipps that aren't Capcom can't into PC optimization
Mind you, TW3 had a similar problem. Turns out i had to DOWNCLOCK my card in order to get it to work(don't bother for ds3, tried that and it doesn't work.

In fairness, looking at DaS 1 through 3, it's roughly 5 boss fights per game that I'd say I liked (not to say there aren't others per game that weren't at least decent).

>>For fun try it with the other games and see how easy it is.

BB

-Father Gascan
-Keeper
-Vicar Amelia
-Logy
-Story Amy G
-Story Rom
-Story Emissary (gank fight done right/cute)
-Headless BLB
-Yarnham
-Gehrman