Bought my first car today. Did I do well?

Bought my first car today. Did I do well?

>2011 Hyundai Accent Hatchback
>48,000 KM (30,00 Miles)
>one owner
>no accidents

$7000 Canadian before tax ($5300 USD)

did you do a full vin check before buying? If so, congrats user.
If not,
>le one owner trick

considering a compact like a cruze or a civic with 50-70,000km runs about 10-11,000$ CND I say you did good (even if its a subcompact).

cheap cars, decently reliable, cheap to run

wouldn't wanna crash in one tho

wouldn't want to craush in an accent? or a subcompact in general?

I only did a deposit and they're giving me that official document in a few days

also how the fuck can two owners on a 6 year old car even compete with 30,000 miles?

no. a civic for 5k (3k usd) with 5x the miles would've been a better purchase. korean cars are shit.

>not checking the carfax before giving them a dime
>buying a shitbox from a dealer
you dun goofed. it's a salvage title piece of shit.

user, while the car is decent and will last forever, Accents are the bottom barrel Hyundai car; you could've gotten a hatch from 2013/2014 for the exact same price or right near that price range.

When i input my criteria into autotrader this was the most attractive option

my criteria was less than 8K, less than 150,000 km, hatchback, and year greater than 2009

You're fucking retarded. Who cares about the year? who cares about mileage? How it was maintained is more important. and a korean car from any year is bad.

Boi, I paid just under 8k for a 2013 with 30k miles, you gotta haggle bc dealers will hike the prices up but you can easily jew them down.

It was serviced at the dealership for every service

Mileage matters for wear and tear of the engine

I got to sit in and drive the car and it appeared to be maintained

Viewed engine also and was recently at hyundai for a tune up

a 2013 accent is not what i'm looking for

i don't want a 4 door car and 2011 is more compact

good jarb guy. its going to last forever. now get a whistler on that vanilla so you can pick up chicksss.

It's a five door hatch, It only had a few scratches here and there but nothing deep

I was a passenger in a 40 mph collision in one of these. Hit a Saturn Vue from behind. The Vue was unharmed, the Accent's front end was unrecognizable.

It still ran like a champ after the crash though. Got driven like that for over a year lmao.

okay that's good for you

I meant to say 5 door (didn't think of trunk)

I only have 10K right now and my brother owns the same car so we already have experience fixing it

You overpaid BUT the car is a pretty decent reliable shitbox. Wife had one (2010 iirc) 3 door hatchback auto and it was passed on to a relative. The car has giving no issues and doesn't ask for much. Nothing outside of the maintenance schedule.I believe it is at 120k now.

overpaid by how much?

and it is really fuel efficient

>hyundai
You fucked up OP, both of my friends with hyundais have had major issues
>2012 sonata had engine failure at 60k miles
>brand new 2016 veloster had transmission fail at 3000 miles

Yeah, that's a decent deal. You'd be lucky to find better in that price range and year.

If you're lucky, you could -maybe- have gotten a Mazda 3, but it'd predate Mazda's current Renaissance so it wouldn't be much better.

Ya I remember it being decent on mpg. You have the 5 door model so atleast you got a car with functional space to it. You paid probably a 2k premium cause it had very low mileage which does not mean much when looking at a budget car. It's the wrong mentality to have for a car or that criteria. It also brings the maintenance schedule into question because either the parts weren't replaced cause it wasn't at mileage yet but are due cause of age

All gens of mazda 3s are top-tier econoboxes

But the 15/16/17 Mazda3 is god-tier.

There really should just be an extra post added to the stickied thread telling everyone to buy a Mazda3.

without a carfax I'd assume altered odometer tbqh familia

>altered odometer
lmao this isn't the 1980s when you had analog odometers you could roll back

>being this innocent
>getting the boeing digits
rolling back odometers is easier than ever, provided you have the right equipment

bump

any other thoughts

have to swap ecu on my 99 breeze

original ecu says 140k miles
one i swap in says 60k
EZ mode

>tfw no current gen MPS

god an MPS with the current shape of the Mazda 3 would be so damn good