Denver traffic

>Denver traffic

Denver is on the rise, and there has been a report of a California migration. Guys the traffic is getting worse by the day and talking to people in California, they are starting the migration. WTF

Must be all those shitty commiefornians that moved in that can't drive.

>and talking to people in California, they are starting the migration. WTF
Moving out of a desert and to somewhere with water is not exactly a stupid move.

Yes, this has been confirmed. They are talking about increasing taxes in Colorado to pay for the extra amount of people coming in, They are saying they want to charge fees for everything!!

Yea I moved from California to Denver in 2015
Don't think I can ever go back honestly

>shitty commiefornians
I think most of the people moving are republicans and are moving away due to the gun laws and heavy taxation

Always wondered how something like the situation in China ever happened. Perhaps they should stop using cars and implement a proper public transportation system?

fucking hell, that's downright terrifying

Denver traffic isn't even all that bad compared to places like LA, NYC, Chicago, etc.

They have traffic due to shear population. Denver has an infrastructure problem.

This is what happens when people refuse to drive in the right lane.

>China
>proper public transit system

Oh it exists all right, Beijing's subway has 10M daily riders compared to Tokyo's 6.6M. The issue is that there are way too many chinks.

>this thread again

>delete

Fees!!

For everything!!

Even weed!1!!?

I was born and raised in Snowmass and my sister lives in Denver. 99% of the Californians are liberals.

>has been a report of a California migration
California migration has been going on for some time. It's California, and also a lot of midwest.

This is why I got a place 3.5 miles from Buckley with zero main roads to travel on. I spent 8 years in DC. NEVER AGAIN!

Just to reinforce this the other day I drove down to Colorado Springs in off hours and 25 south was infuriating. Why the fuck people recommended getting a place in Castle Rock or Monument is beyond me.

Sounds like Tampa bay then.

>zero region wide mass transit
>only good method of commute is a car
>everyone drives a 2 ton barge and nobody even fucking carpool
>people who have lived here for decades still can't be in the right lane at the right time and are constantly swerving and causing brake chains so they can shave 10 seconds from their commute

When did traffic in Denver get bad? I used to live there ten years ago and it wasn't bad at all.

hay guys I have this great idea. Lets take 225 south and dump it down to one lane each way for 25 N/S. Nothing can go wrong!

California and Texas started moving in.

>ten years ago

When did it start getting really bad?

I feel bad for the folks who use 70 and have to contend with the next 5 years of reconstruction that's about to start.

The locals tell me it was around the time weed was legalized.

Probably about 5 years ago, it started getting really bad. Social media memed our national parks to death, then people moved in because it happened to cost less, too.

Having been raised in Colorado, I don't want to stay here much longer. The pollution is getting worse on the front range, rent is going up a lot, traffic is getting worse, and theres no great stem jobs on the western slope asides from the PE industry.

Atlanta is just as bad. Everybody from the north are moving here in droves because the housing is cheaper compared to places like NYC, DC and Boston.

Literally all of Mercedes Benz USA moved there this year. I remember the traffic being terrible when I was a kid, I can't imagine what it is now.

Where do you want to go?

California and its white flight.
Place is going to look like Detroit writ large.

all the whites are leaving california? I thought denver had a lot of mexicans too.

It's more because upper middle class jobs are moving to Denver so people are following.
The company I work at is slowly trying to transition their HQ from financial district San Fransisco to Denver. It's way cheaper for them to rent the office space and they can pay the workers way less.

This

>Chicagoan, used to shit traffic all the time
>take two weeks off life to go fuck around CO
>daytime during the week, traffic like hell, yet somehow everyone is still moving at 60+
>constant slamming on breaks and near misses
>decide for at least a few nights I'll go explore in the middle of the night
>3am, some CO highway in up innamountains
>running same roads up and down a few times, having general fun
>averaging maybe 10-15 over the speed limit, just enough to have fun but still be able to monitor for animals and state troopers
>every single time I started to have fun a 20 year old lifted Cherokee would appear and ride the fuck out of my ass without passing

Fuck Colorado drivers.

if a lifted Cherokee can keep up with you in a mountain pass you are doing it wrong

Ever seen a picture of China from space at night? They all live right on the coast. Imagine the entirety of the US living in California, basically.

Rising sea levels will wipe out a shit ton of their population.

>ITT people that have never driven in Toronto

No...no this is like a daily and typical thing. I don't know what is wrong with folks in Colorado with Jeeps but fuck STOP DRIVING LIKE THAT.

So is it still worth moving to Colorado or Denver? Are there any viable alternatives?

If you just want to live in the area there are plenty of alternatives. Colorado Springs and Monument are fine if you stay away from Denver.

Santa Fe would be pretty close in terms of southwestern town with lots of culture.

Move to Colorado fuck yea its worth it

Plenty of industries are growing around here and there is a large potential for job growth, I've seen some shit and areas like parker, arvada, aurora, lakewood are expanding, The next gold rush is here

Yea, Denver has a lot of Mexicans but the ones I've been exposed to are different that what I've seen in California, not many gangs around here from the areas I've been in.. There's good people out here

Georgia is in the middle of a tech boom as well and they are going to keep growing, our company still has a large presence in the Denver area but they are considering a move to open up another location in Georgia, looks like many businesses are popping up across the US, Business has been growing for the last 5+ years fampa

Yes, but it is good for business, this area will continue to grow and areas like parker, arvada, and lakewood will continue to grow, there is a lot growth in Colorado